~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    omg so the tornado passed through part of my town pretty close to where I live. My boyfriend and I live in an upper level apartment and we had to take our couch cushions and pillows into the bathroom to take shelter. Where I live we are used to tornado warnings but this time it’s a confirmed, very large and dangerous tornado on the ground. We are watching the news now and cars on the highway have been flipping over and some houses have been damaged. I hope you’re okay @soundspretty, be careful if you’re close to the storm!!
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    wow!  I hope you are both safe!
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm ok @VampireBarbie thanks for checking ❤️❤️ I live a few miles from the speedway along the river so it got close but passed us too. I lost power and phone service so I had to call my sister just to see where it was going 😭😭
    @soundspretty I’m so glad you’re okay! ❤️ That was the scariest warning we’ve had in a long time. Usually the tornado watches and warnings don’t scare me because they never sound like they’re actually going to touch the ground but this time I was genuinely terrified 😅 
    she/her
    add me here
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Wow I am glad you both are ok! 
    iOS
    @VampireBarbie Same here! I think the last one to actually hit this area was back in 03. I peeked out the basement window at one point and the sky was almost black 😫 That's when they were saying it was due to pass over in 5-10 min so I thought for sure it was gonna hit us. It did get some houses about 15 miles away but thankfully I'm not seeing any damage around here
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @VampireBarbie my skin has always been my biggest insecurity. Finding a solution for acne or other skin problems is hard, it’s not like going to the gym because you want a better body or getting braces because you don’t like your teeth. Getting help with my skin care routine and learning how to take care of it properly was my biggest goal! It’s not perfect yet, I should eat healthier but I’m slowly getting better! It takes a lot of effort for someone as lazy as me 😅 (and money too!!!!) 
    Same here doll 🙋🏾‍♀️ @elettrahere. I also have acne-prone skin too. I've struggled with acne for yrs till I founded a solution that worked for me. I definitely had to go the natural route to clear up my skin. I exfoliate my skin twice a week and do oatmeal facial masks for my skincare routine. I find that using a oil-free moisturizer has helped me tremendously. I've noticed a significant difference in my skin. It looks happier and healthier :smile: I have tried store-bought products but it didnt worked for me unfortunately because it irritated my sensitive skin. I've learned over the yrs that my skin type is a combo of oily and dry. And also, I think that taking a hair, skin, and nail supplements works wonders for the overall beauty outer apperance as well. Having a balanced diet can help to have glowing skin complexion and drinking water helps to have a radiant skin tone too.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

@soundspretty same here! The sky being black is one of the most eerie things to see 😧 I had no idea we were even supposed to get bad weather so the tornado sirens going off was a total surprise. I’m so glad you didn’t end up getting any damage either, I feel very lucky ❤️

And thank you Ali and luuvs!
    she/her
    add me here
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    Glad you’re safe girls! There are no tornados in Italy and in my town the last earthquake happened before I was even born. I always see tornados on the news and I would be so damn scared! Oh man... 
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Ok I need everyone's holy grail for lip care.

My lips are forever dry and get peely a lot. I use vaseline at night only, it helps but it is too greasy for daytime as it affects my eating/drinking and I am a glutton. My skin is super sensitive, when I have cracked lips and put vaseline, it is painful and swells.
    PM to add
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    @Naimonster
    Fresh's lip scrub for when they're chapped and need to be buffed. It's gentle enough for my sensitivity and I just use a wash cloth to rub it in and off with. 

Then I use Fresh's lip treatment stick and it works like a CHARM! Not too heavy but moisturizing and healing. 
    Side note- 

Do we have a hashtag for not wanting cash and basic wardrobe in gift boxes, etc?
    @MollyMonroe this one? Thank you!

Image result for Freshs lip scrub

We've been peitioning for kash to eff off since 2015...

https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/comment/6504884/#Comment_6504884
    PM to add
    @Naimonster
    That's the one! And this is the treatment I use: 

(Thank you for the kash link!)
    For chapped lips I find good old fashioned Carmex is another miracle worker. I can go to bed chapped and hurting and wake up like nothing ever happened with perfect lips. I used to use the Nuxe balm and that was nice too.
    iOS
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @Naimonster my lips were permanently dry but I’ve started using Laneige lip sleeping mask about two or three times a week and it does wonders! 

During the day I also use Sol de Janeiro lip butter, it’s kinda pricey for what it is, but I’ve tried a million other brands and they simply don’t work for me. This one moisturizes lips for a good few hours and is not too greasy.

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Wow thanks to @Naimonster for bringing up this topic because I've always suffered with chapped lips for yrs and it doesnt matter what lip balms that I've used, my lips never tends to stay moist. So tysm ladies for the insight will be looking forward to testing these brands.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

@thallisa
    Does the lip butter have the same scent as the Bum Bum cream?
    @thallisa I totally forgot about that Laneige lip mask, I stocked up on a few tubs of it. It does wonder, but I got lazy taking out the little spatula to apply and having to wash it lol, I barely used a tub.

I will check if Carmex and Sol de Janeiro lip butter is available to purchase in my country, thanks!

I don't know why I don't see the bolded thread title (whenever someone posts something new) only for this thread.
    PM to add
    The Carmex has to be the one in the pot. I tried the tube one and it's a different formula or something, doesn't work as fast.
    iOS
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @MollyMonroe it doesn't! I mean, it's the same ~family of scents but definitely not as strong. If you like the Bum Bum cream you'll definitely like the lip butter as well and if you don't like it, then there's still a good chance you'll enjoy the butter anyway, because its scent is very sweat but much more subtle.

@Naimonster omg same, I hate the spatula, so I just apply it with my finger sometimes 
    💀 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    @Naimonster
    That's the one! And this is the treatment I use: 

(Thank you for the kash link!)
    I use the same one and I love it! I keep one next to the bed to put on before I sleep.
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Wow I've not been on here in awhile hope everyone is good! 👋🏽🙂
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    If you have lip issues, you should get more potassium in your diet. Bananas are great. 

Anyone have any good dish on teas that are good for colds? I'm really into tea as of late.
    @Savagekkh I don’t know about colds... when I have a sore throat I get a spoon of ginger and honey, but I don’t know if it works with colds. Have you ever been in a herbalist’s shop? There are many here in Italy and I recommend asking there if no one here has an answer for you. They have so many types of teas and infusions 
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
    I second ginger tea for a cold.
    The game is now listed as "StardomKim" on my Apple receipts instead of the usual KimKardashianHollywood. Hmmm. 
    The game is now listed as "StardomKim" on my Apple receipts instead of the usual KimKardashianHollywood. Hmmm. 

That's some news.
    PM to add
    So does it mean it’s actually dying like all the other Stardoms?
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    My recent apple receipt still lists Kim Kardashian Hollywood