Does anyone get in trouble simply for restarting?

babytomato04babytomato04 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
I had an issue a couple months ago where I was accused of cheating despite never having done so, and even in spite of showing all the receipts showing how much cash I've spent on the game (easily thousands of dollars' worth since 2015). I was suspended from using Kollections as a result, but eventually was able to get this issue resolved and access Kollections again. 

Fastfoward to now: I'm playing the game and everything's all good. I decided to start the game over one day, because why not? I was just bored and felt like playing it over. Next thing I know, once I get to level 8, I can't access Kollections AGAIN. I contacted Glu Support and asked them why I was disallowed from using Kollections when the only thing I did was restart the game, and was once again told that I used a cheat tool or something. I told them no I hadn't, that I've already given over all the receipts showing my stars were legitimately mine, and that this issue should've already been taken care of and water under the bridge. I then received another reply that my account apparently showed that I used some sort of "exploit," and because of that, I could be subject to suspension from the game entirely. In other words, I'm back in the same boat I was in a couple months ago where I now have a partly inaccessible game, and the only thing I did was restart. Anyone else have this issue? I mean, what gives? Shouldn't I be able to restart my game if I feel like it? If it apparently looks fishy just to do that, why even have the "restart" feature? Any way I can get help to fix this? I'm just trying to play my game. :/

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    TBH most of us don't restart because we're bored, we complain here. lol.  I mention that because you're not likely to get many experienced responses. 
    TBH, Glu support, is the top echelon of assistance. 
    My opinion - your best bet would be to contact them again, politely ask them to put themselves in your shoes, explain what you have here, and ask if there isn't someone who can help.  In the meantime, I'll see if I can find any other assistance for you. 

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • babytomato04babytomato04 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Thank you, kokokokonut. I've talked to several of the people at Glu Support, and yet for some reason, they never seem to remember or have record of our previous conversations, and they always give me the pre- written "your account has shown unusual activity" response whenever I have an issue. The last thing I asked them was if they could please just show me exactly what specific issue it is that they saw on my account, because I've never cheated and don't even know how to cheat, but 3 days later, they still haven't responded. 

I was going to try to talk to them again, but I don't want to risk getting suspended because it seems like they're not even paying attention. They just see my high number of stars, assume they're cheats and not purchased, and then immediately take away certain in- game features. It's frustrating being lumped in with other people who've cheated when I've been an honest customer who's spent TONS of money on this game.

And yeah, it probably is rare for someone to restart, but even if I choose to, why does that somehow look curious on Glu Support's end? Lots of people restart games. It's just odd that I would have Kollections disabled over it.
    edited May 2019
    I don't work for glu, I do know things are never personal.  But it's as if if certain conditions exist.....then the system thinks you're cheating.  It's all just technical.  And if some internal things trigger blockage of some features, all we can do is try and get support to look into it for us.
    I was not saying it's rare with a raised eyebrow, I was saying there isn't a very large pool of players with that experience here, so there probably won't be many responses to answer your question.  We usually end up restarting due to some glitch in our games.    My response was basically the same as if you came in speaking a foreign language, my response would be I'm afraid no one hear speaks that language.  (Bad example because this is an english only forum, but I hope you get the idea.)   Around here, it's generally a no judgement zone.  Unless someone is obviously cheating. 
    Back to your issue, I am checking about further assistance for you and will contact you or post here when I get an answer for you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    You're a sweet pea :)! And yes, I understood where you were coming from! I just find it weird that my game is acting up again and the only thing I know changed about it was that I simply restarted. Crazy stuff, but HOPEFULLY it can be resolved soon. And yes, I appreciate any help I can get! :)
  • MissCristinaMissCristina Registered Users, Member 432 Posts
    This is happening to me too! After weeks of contacting customer support they decided I’m cheating and can’t do anything! I am so upset I’ve spent so much time on this game, I can’t restart.  This isn’t fair, I keep contacting them!
    plus I get no stars from videos or from offers even though they insist they were rewarded. That’s like 300 stars right now and I’ve shown them proof. No one will help, I’m so frustrated. 
    Customer Care are the ones to handle this.  All I can suggest is to reply on the ticket, send any receipts and tell them you aren't cheating could they please check again.  If you are sincere and polite, a different set of eyes might look again and help.
    Do you still have the games working on the old devices?  If so, play a little more, change some facial features and see if you can't trigger a new save.  Then try again.  If you tell Customer Care you have your non cheating game playable and active on the old devices, obviously it's only in the transfer.    (just another aspect to talk to Customer Care about. )  Good luck.  For a while I was afraid my game wouldn't transfer to a new device again last September.  I thought I would be playing on the old device forever.  But shutting down the old device so there was no open active copy of my game, that's when the transfer went through.  Previously, I had been getting the "too many open games" and other error messages. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @MissCristina - I feel your frustration, girl. I've never gotten Stars from watching videos, so I stopped bothering to watch them and just straight up bought all the Stars I have. That's why being flagged over a false accusation of cheating after simply restarting my game has me so upset. I kept getting the runaround when I asked for help, and I finally asked if I could speak to someone else since the current person helping me just kept giving me the "suspicious activity, must be cheating, can't/ won't help you" line. After asking twice if I could speak to someone else, that same person asked me to send them two different forms of all my receipts, which I did, and now they've referred my case to, I guess, a higher- up department? I'm still waiting to hear what the final verdict is, but at LEAST it seems like the ball MIGHT be rolling again.

I wish I could help you more, but the only thing I can suggest is to just keep on trying, and if the current person to whom you're talking seems like they're not listening, just ask to speak to someone else, and try, try again. I know that's not much, but that's what I did, and FINALLY after weeks of trying, it seems like I'm getting SOME kind of help now. Hopefully, they'll correct everything and I can get unflagged... Guess we'll see. Fingers crossed.
  • MissCristinaMissCristina Registered Users, Member 432 Posts
    It’s been several weeks and they have not resolved this. I have not played in 2 or 3 years.  They ask for receipts but honestly, I never made any in game purchases. And if I maybe spent $5 that was years ago, there is no record of that. I just want to talk to someone on the phone and make them understand. I have 2 different customer service ppl working on this somehow but they just keep repeating themselves. And I thing they are blocking my tapjoy offer rewards. Because tapjoy says they were rewarded but I can’t get them. I am so insanely frustrated! I don’t even know how to cheat!!!
    @MissCristina - Same! I have no idea how to cheat, and yet I still get accused of it. The only thing I did was restart the game because I'm done being stupid with spending money on the game. I wanted to restart and spend the Kstars I have another way, but because I stupidly purchased so many, they automatically assume that I stole them. Trust me, I feel your frustration. I'm still waiting to hear back on my game, but I'm keeping fingers crossed.