🗳️SYS - 6/9/19 Celebrity Wedding Guest💐

Comments

• kristiazdkristiazd Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    @AliBryant I could not agree with you more - the insane price gauging by Glu is what makes people create hacks, and keeps hackers buying hacks. If things were a little more affordable (and earning stars from videos wasn’t slashed), more people would spend real money. I personally spend as little as possible because the prices are so high I don’t see a value correlation. Slightly lower prices would make me feel more likely to buy a star pack every once and awhile instead of never. And I NEVER buy star packs.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I think most players will agree that when we had more casual themes, no one was getting their usual number of votes, it was so confusing, and stressful.  I feel where you're coming from and in a perfect world we wouldn't find ourselves forced into gowns, but it seems like if we want votes, we have to rock gowns. 
    I know this doesn't help, but I just wanted to offer the reasoning behind our accepting and welcoming gown events. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    edited June 2019
    So when will we be able to buy dresses which can only be bought by diamonds? We get 3 diamonds every after SYS right? So after 9 SYS events for real? 😑
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    @kokokokonut I agree with your reasoning on why gowns are always the focus as they clearly are the easiest way to score points but that's part of the problem isnt it? There's just no challenge or creativity with SYS events! Every time it's just the same outfits to win different prizes and yeah it's easier to win those prizes with gowns but it's days of doing something you are completely bored of doing. Games are meant to be fun and unfortunately this game is becoming less and less fun as everything feels like it's just a boring grind to earn items (or you can just spend a fortune to pay for them later).

As @Naimonster said, reduce the points if it allows for more creative themes.

I mean it's not like long time players even have any storyline to keep us busy as new storylines never get added anymore so events are what's keeping the game going for a lot of us and gowns gowns gowns just ain't cutting it! We need something different, something new!!! And by new I don't mean a new currency to rip us off some more either lol. Just saying. 
  • TyrandaTyranda Registered Users, Member 253 Posts
    I mean these days I don't even dare to submit a pants look since I know it will tank hard. I 10000% agree with @dingbat89 that there are no creativity at all with the last couple SYS since we all know how well gowns do and we all keep submitting gowns. Glu should do a theme like RPDR "Pants on the Runway".
    edited June 2019
    In theory you're right.  I did enjoy tryinig dressing creatively for the pink theme for example, until a 20 something score came in. You get enough of those, and you see that voters aren't voting for the creative looks, then you'll adapt to win the clothes, or you'll creatively miss out.  Or you buy tickets to compensate then others not buying tickets are handicapped, so it's clearly not a perfect system.
    A look back to the confusion and end result of the non gowned themes' threads, might give a clue as to why Glu decided on another gown themed event.  

But to the current theme....who doesn't like a wedding?  Biggest question this week for me is do I stand with my sisters who won't put out the monkeys for others to acquire, or load up with prized posessions for my other group of friends to buy. I'm a softee.  And knowing at least one of my forum friends grabbed the beer or monkey (forgot which) from my doll really made me feel good last time.  So, I'm thinking I'll be taking requests again this weekend.  <3

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @kokokokonut you're completely right about voters and lack of points causing gowns to be the easiest option and I obviously don't blame glu for how people choose to vote. It still doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly boring to always be using and seeing the same gowns all the time though. Earning the prizes is great but if earning them feels tedious and more like a chore rather than something you enjoy, eventually it's going to become just not worth it.

Maybe it's the voting system that needs to change as honestly I feel like a lot of voters don't even understand or care that youre supposed to vote for the outfit that best suits the theme. It's like they just vote for what they personally like better or what they think will have the most votes even if they don't agree as they're only interested in getting closer to rewards.

I feel like the voting screen actually needs changing to specify if the theme is being followed. I'd put the theme name and maybe a small brief discription of what's expected of the theme actually on the voting screen so its always there as a reminder and/or adding a tick and x button next to every outfit specifically asking to vote if the outfit fits the theme. Then at the end result, as an example, if the majority of voters voted that your outfit was not on theme, you could be penalised say 10 points, but if the majority voted you as on theme then you get a 10 point bonus. 

I know voting for if both outfits fit the theme and then voting for your preferred outfit for every pairing sounds like a lot but I'd much rather that then it always being gowns like it is now. I just feel like it needs to be more enforced that we need to at least try to stick to the theme.

Sorry I keep going on about it and probably boring everybody. It's just really bugging me :disappointed:
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    There's a reason why they are so long and frequent. They don't want you to submit looks for 14 days. They want you to buy enough tickets to be done in a day and use the rest of the days to vote and purchase as many diamonds as possible.
    iOS
    dingbat89 said:
    @kokokokonut you're completely right about voters and lack of points causing gowns to be the easiest option and I obviously don't blame glu for how people choose to vote. It still doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly boring to always be using and seeing the same gowns all the time though. Earning the prizes is great but if earning them feels tedious and more like a chore rather than something you enjoy, eventually it's going to become just not worth it.

Maybe it's the voting system that needs to change as honestly I feel like a lot of voters don't even understand or care that youre supposed to vote for the outfit that best suits the theme. It's like they just vote for what they personally like better or what they think will have the most votes even if they don't agree as they're only interested in getting closer to rewards.

I feel like the voting screen actually needs changing to specify if the theme is being followed. I'd put the theme name and maybe a small brief discription of what's expected of the theme actually on the voting screen so its always there as a reminder and/or adding a tick and x button next to every outfit specifically asking to vote if the outfit fits the theme. Then at the end result, as an example, if the majority of voters voted that your outfit was not on theme, you could be penalised say 10 points, but if the majority voted you as on theme then you get a 10 point bonus. 

I know voting for if both outfits fit the theme and then voting for your preferred outfit for every pairing sounds like a lot but I'd much rather that then it always being gowns like it is now. I just feel like it needs to be more enforced that we need to at least try to stick to the theme.

Sorry I keep going on about it and probably boring everybody. It's just really bugging me :disappointed:
    No sorry necessary.  I love intelligent conversation.  Since we basically agree, let me ask, how would you add enforcement?  It was easy when there was a designated item.  If you didn't have it, your look wasn't submitted.  If there was a way for required compliance of theme it would be awesome.  The unified "don't vote if it doesn't match theme" doesn't work.  I don't see how it could.  But just because I have no suggestions doesn't mean others don't.  So seriously, any suggestions on how glu could ensure theme was followed & Rewarded with votes would be awesome.  Glu has been known to pick up good ideas posted here and transformed them into game magic.  ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @kokokokonut thanks for understanding koko! The who wore it best events with a specified item were honestly a lot better than these SYS events imo. I wish glu would bring them back instead. If they did it with the specified item being an item that you could buy with kash I think everybody would be able to participate. I don't see that happening though as its not a money maker and glu blatantly cares more about how much more money they can squeeze out of everyone over what players actually want and enjoy. 
  • VioletDreamsVioletDreams Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    I restarted my game probably half a year ago now and have been slooooowly building my closet but this wedding theme is NOT agreeing with my closet  :(:(

I'm so not feeling these :'(
    I'm severely lacking in elegant jewelry, updo's and dresses
    Sage | The Ginger One | Level 47 | Android
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    dingbat89 said:
    @kokokokonut I agree with your reasoning on why gowns are always the focus as they clearly are the easiest way to score points but that's part of the problem isnt it? 
    That’s a good point! I think for more casual themes, the final point total should be dropped by 130-260 points because casual outfits decrease your votes by an estimated 5-10 votes.

dingbat89 said:
    And yes, people mostly vote in order to receive rewards! So they’re not mostly voting for your style, they’re voting for what they think most people want. Which doesn’t encourage you to “show your style,” but just select generic glam looks that will be assumed by voters to be the popular pick. This is a huge problem imo.

@Rikk I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the voting system is part of the problem! I dont know how it could ever not be flawed though because if you change the reward system to just simply voting for either outfit counting towards the reward goal then some people could just vote for the worst outfits on purpose to try stop good players from reaching the top which is unfair. Leave it as it is and players will continue to just vote for whoever they think benefits them for rewards which is also unfair. Take away the rewards all together so its not a factor and people won't even bother voting at all lol. It's a mess no matter what! 
  • TyrandaTyranda Registered Users, Member 253 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Like you guys and koko said the current SYS systemt is a mess no matter. If we change X then Y problem follow. I also liked the last the last SYS sytem way better since we have more "freedom" to style it however we want. Now I don't exactly know how voting works on the last SYS system but what I do know is that you have 1 item to style around. But if I rememmber correctly is that if you win you get 20 poins, if you lose you get 10 points. I also agree with you guys again on bringing back 1 item to style around and then again like @dingbat89 said people will still complain since glu will mostly add item that cost kstarts, which is understandable since this is a business. 

However I have one ide on how to implement the "style this item". Current week weekend event earnable item! For example this week we have the bag + dress + hair as earnable. At most glu should just choose between first and second item since I mos't people won't grind for last item if they don't really like it. If, big IF glu implement this (they won't since earnable is basically free if you put some effort into it and it won't bring glu big money) then of course more problems follow. One problem that I see is that what will happen with the theme? The thing I like about current SYS system is the themes. 

I don't know guys this whole SYS system is just a shipwreck no matter what. I just throw my ide out there. I feel like my head gonna explode just thinking about this whole system lo, and l didn't even touched on the voting system.
  • Koven_KKHKoven_KKH Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    I restarted my game probably half a year ago now and have been slooooowly building my closet but this wedding theme is NOT agreeing with my closet  :(:(

I love your second dress!

About the voting. I just feel maybe the amount of points should be dropped tp get items. I was so mad last SYS because I was 29 points away from from the hair when the event ended. I was neck in neck for 2nd place on trendsetters and the last few hours ticket buyers pushed me down to 5th. I am not buying diamonds, saving the okes i get from the rewards for the chance of getting the hairstyle with the kitty ear headphones from the Tokyo update. I don't know if they are in the throwback boxes but I wasn't playing when they came out and I want them
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts

I like your looks! I'll definitely vote for you if I see your doll :) Btw I'm dying to buy the pink gown but I'm waiting foglu the next VIP event
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts

iOS
  • SamanaKKHSamanaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,133 Posts
    Less than an hour left! 
    ✧ iOS user ✧
    Add me on Facebook here

Is this a good first look? 

✧ iOS user ✧
    Add me on Facebook here

• pilirositolampilirositolam Registered Users, Member 1,063 Posts
    @SamanaKKH totally 
    I just created a fb account for my doll! Her in-game (iOS) name is Francesca. Add me: https://m.facebook.com/francesca.kkh.5?ref=bookmarks 🧚🏼‍♀️✨💞
    @SamanaKKH totally 
    Thank you doll! I’ll make this my first look 
    ✧ iOS user ✧
    Add me on Facebook here

Everyone will do great. You all look fab.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AbbeymaeAbbeymae Registered Users, Member 761 Posts
    First two looks !

• pilirositolampilirositolam Registered Users, Member 1,063 Posts
    Now we have 5 earnable diamonds during the sys
    I just created a fb account for my doll! Her in-game (iOS) name is Francesca. Add me: https://m.facebook.com/francesca.kkh.5?ref=bookmarks 🧚🏼‍♀️✨💞
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    Good luck with your looks dolls😘
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Did they add diamonds to Trendsetters?
    iOS
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
     I wasn’t added to a trendsetters group right away despite submitting and voting, but @AliBryant I imagine no bc the spoiler on page one still shows energy. So far I’ve only noticed the (slight...) increase in earnable diamonds. I’ve been voting so let’s pray I see diamonds as a voting prize 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.