To-Dye-List/Clothing Dye Discussion Thread

melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
edited August 2019 in KKH General Discussion
Hey, everyone! @AmeliaKKH and I are opening this thread so that there is a place where we can obsess about everything dye related! Show us your ideas, unleash your creativity, and inspire others.

This thread is also going to be helpful for new members/players who are unfamiliar with the new feature. If you have a question regarding the topic, feel free to tag me or Amelia.

The clothing dye feature was introduced in the 10.0 Anniversary update. There are five colors currently available: 
Tourmaline Pink and Amethyst Purple- you can earn them from the daily, black and gold gift boxes;
Champagne and Ice Blue- you can earn them from Weekend gift boxes and Show Your Style events and Kollections;
Gold- you can earn from Trendsetter during Show Your Style events. 
Two additional dyes were added in the 10.2 update:
Smokey Black and Sapphire Blue- you can earn from Kollections, Show Your Style and Weekend gift boxes.
Prev13456713

Comments

• melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    What better way to open a thread than having the Anniversary Event just around the corner!? So many items to dye! 
    Decisions, decisions... 😝🤔
    We’ll post the WE items and the Anniversary boxes items, in all colors, as soon as possible! 💖 In the meantime let’s obsess! We have a chance to get champagne or icy blue from the GBs, for the first time! 🙌🏻  
    Dolls, we can all post here 💖 Also we just received a gift! 5 gold dyes !! 🙌🏻

• elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    This was my first dye job! The shades are amazing in this color. Then I chose this top and skirt because I never wear them in their original version 

iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
    Happy Anniversary, Dolls 💖
    A lot of items this weekend! Which, of course, means a lot of dye-jobs! 

Earnables: dress and choker! 👆🏻

GBs: dress, shoes and earrings! 👆🏻

Anniversary boxes: dress and shoes! 👆🏻

Anniversary boxes: dress and boots! 👆🏻
  • sdani6602sdani6602 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Hi, I am a long time player and lurker.  Are the dyes temporary (one wear) or permanent?

sdani6602 said:
    Hi, I am a long time player and lurker.  Are the dyes temporary (one wear) or permanent?

They’re permanent! Once you buy them for the clothing item/shoes/accessories, you’ll have the color available at all times! 💖
    Obsessed with the blue and champagne dyes 😫 I was lucky enough to get some. The pink pants are totally unrecognizable! 

• agrcicagrcic Registered Users, Member 330 Posts

thinking of using the champagne dyes I just got on this dress I bought from the tb sale!
  • TheKylieTheKylie Registered Users, Member 531 Posts
    Dying to know if @TrashleyKKH used the gold dye for one of the dresses
    @agrcic Love that color! I say go for it. The dress looks super elegant ✨
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @agrcic do it! That dress is on my short list of what to dye champagne first haha. Letting myself think about it over the weekend.
    iOS
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts

Bought this dress specifically because it looks incredible with so many of the dyes! This is my pink version. 💕
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    OMGGGG @melissakkh! 😍😍😍😍 you did such an amazing job!!!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️ Thank you for this beautiful thread! I am so excited about the Dye feature and I can’t wait to post the things I’ve dyed here. Just wanted to jump in quickly and thank you everyone who already posted and who will post and join us in this super fun endeavor.
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    TheKylie said:
    Dying to know if @TrashleyKKH used the gold dye for one of the dresses
    I haven’t. I want to dye more things and I am afraid of using them!
    IOS Player 
    AmeliaKKH said:
    OMGGGG @melissakkh! 😍😍😍😍 you did such an amazing job!!!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️ Thank you for this beautiful thread! I am so excited about the Dye feature and I can’t wait to post the things I’ve dyed here. Just wanted to jump in quickly and thank you everyone who already posted and who will post and join us in this super fun endeavor.

• katiekkhkatiekkh Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    this outfit is to die for ! 💗
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    Thanks, @melissakkh

I posted these before, but it seems like they make sense here now: 

FROM LEFT: original, black; dye, champagne // original, black; dye, purple // original, pink; dye, champagne // original green; dye, ice blue // original, pink; dye, champagne 

FROM LEFT: original, black; dye, ice blue // original, black; dye, pink // original, black; dye, pink // original, black; dye, purple // original, black with red; dye, black with pink

• flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts

Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • Rxghida_Rxghida_ Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    I dyed the skirt and the top 
  • AbbeymaeAbbeymae Registered Users, Member 761 Posts
    edited June 2019
    This dress looks like a Greek goddess’ ✨✨

• Rxghida_Rxghida_ Registered Users, Member 171 Posts

@MollyMonroe OMG I’m dead! How did I miss to recolor the pink gown in champagne?! 😱 It looks phenomenal! 💖
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    @melissakkh
    Seriously! Very wedding cake. The dyes will certainly help a lot of brides on a budget, that is for sure. Praise be.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I took a poll on Instagram to see which dress to use my champagne dye on, the the orange dress won!! (I'll probably still do the other one when I get more dye.....hehe)

iOS
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    I took a poll on Instagram to see which dress to use my champagne dye on, the the orange dress won!! (I'll probably still do the other one when I get more dye.....hehe)

THIS LOOKS AMAZING. I CAN'TTTTT!! <3<3 
    @AliBryant I swear when I tried the champagne color on that dress, it didn’t look that good! Amazing 
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    The champagne dye is everything 💛
    iOS