Transferring game data

DevonYangDevonYang Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
I am going to change my phone in a few days and I don't want to lose my progress in the game. So I wonder what is the best way to do this. I want to transfer my data from Samsung Galaxy S8 to S10. Did anyone try Smart Switch app? Or any other suggestions?
I am sorry if this is asked before but I am really afraid of losing all my progress..
Level 35
Android

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
     Smart switch is wonderful. I use it to back up my games especially after I’ve had a good weekend and gotten a lot of stuff. What I would do is follow the instructions in FAQ and Support I would make a back up using smart switch using  your laptop or desktop computer. Then You put the game on my your device, and use the FaceBiook transfer choice If that doesn’t work, you still have 2 safety nets. Your old S8, and your smartswitch backup.  Don’t uninstall the game from your S8, until it has successfully transferred to the new one.
    the instructions there  are great. Good luck!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    I transferred my game using my Facebook account and I had no trouble but I've heard Smart Switch is the best way to go with an Android!
    Facebook has worked with like 1 button touch on my androids, but I love having a copy on my computer.  That’s what I use Smart Switch for. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DevonYangDevonYang Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Thanks so much both! I'll do all just in case.
    Level 35
    Android
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,026 Posts
    @DevonYang Also make sure that you go into your settings and verify that your account is fully backed up to your google account.  
    "settings", "accounts and backup", "backup and restore", "google account", "back up now".  you can check to see if it is backed up by looking at the "app data" section.  It will tell you how recently it backed up.  This is just another backup for if facebook doesn't work because you can also transfer with your google play account. 
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

@DevonYang Also make sure that you go into your settings and verify that your account is fully backed up to your google account.  
    "settings", "accounts and backup", "backup and restore", "google account", "back up now".  you can check to see if it is backed up by looking at the "app data" section.  It will tell you how recently it backed up.  This is just another backup for if facebook doesn't work because you can also transfer with your google play account. 
    Oh I wasn't aware of that. Will do this too, thanks!
    Level 35
    Android
    I'll be honest, I am not crazy about the google save.  The last 2 times I tried that, It lost at least a week's progress, but then I went and tried fb and I got it all.  My point, with all these options, there is a way for everyone.  And I like back up systems in place. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'll be honest, I am not crazy about the google save.  The last 2 times I tried that, It lost at least a week's progress, but then I went and tried fb and I got it all.  My point, with all these options, there is a way for everyone.  And I like back up systems in place. :)
    What do you mean by "back up systems in place"??
    Level 35
    Android
    Backing up my iOS game to iTunes is a back up system, if anything happens I can reload to my latest iTunes save.  You take your device and a cable to your desktop or laptop. Open iTunes, and back up your game.   Same thing with my Androids and SmartSwitch. 

I spoke about it in the post right under your opening post.  :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @kokokokonut Oh OK, I got it now. Sorry I'm not a native speaker.. Thanks again!
    Level 35
    Android
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I agree with @kokokokonut, the Google save is not great. I lost 4 days progress when I did it. I am hoping that Facebook is more reliable when the time comes.
    iOS
    I haven't had any issues with the Google save so far, fortunately, but I made sure that my phone had recently backed up to the drive (with the"backup now" button).. the drive seems to back the phone up randomly.. I've used it twice to transfer since April.. I got a new phone and then it was fritzing so it got replaced under warranty.. both times it went smoothly.. I'm worried about this phone, though, since the "backup now" button doesn't seem to want to work.. hopefully I won't have to transfer again anytime soon.. if I am not sure that it has recently backed up, I will use Facebook.. I used Facebook for my daughter's transfer and it went smoothly, too. 
    Addicted

My most recent t szmsu g, tab s4 just won't save to Google.  my earlier devices have no issue.   
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    @luvs2gruuv The problem I have is that even when I "backup now" and it says the phone itself backed up my data, KKH on the app settings itself shows it backed up days ago and doesn't reflect my manual backup. My phone is getting old and it's on Android 8.1.0 with no future upgrades planned, so I know I will have to get a new one soon and I'm scared!
    iOS
    @AliBryant I feel ya! The Facebook backup worked great for my daughter's game. I almost passed out because I was so nervous when I transferred mine! (Both times)I did smart switch, too, just in case. I'm sure everything will be fine when you have to switch. :)  
    Addicted