🗳️SYS - 7/7/19 Show Your Style Pool Party! 🏊

Comments

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts

Yess love the theme!!!!
    And OMG there is a BEACH BALL and it is EARNABLE and it is not the final item??!!!!

I'm not too excited about the Trendsetters items, just the dress and the necklace so as long as I stay in the top 5 I'm fine.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    Love the theme, but I have some problems!
    Would you girls vote for a daily box swimsuit if well styled?
    And how about heels?
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    And how about heels?
    Absolutely, I'd vote for it. As long as you say it is well styled. I dont think heels are a problem as there isn't an abundance of flip flop style shoes, but think wedges and strappy sandals. 

Hair is also one I look at. For this I'm thinking lovely, flowing waves rather than a formal, structured up do.

And a cheeky handheld drink always helps! 
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
    Ready!

iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
    EARNABLE

In order: sunglasses, beach ball, dress, hair

Kalinda this whole outfit is FIRE 🔥 
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    I LOVE the sunglasses, bikini and beach ball, and im glad ill manage to get them <3
    Also LOVE the Trendsetter necklace and dress <3
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    I hate everything but that’s actually good as I think this will be the first SYS I really enjoy! There’s no pressure to finish or get the trendsetters prizes so I can just enjoy submitting looks and voting without worrying. Usually I’m too scared to try anything other than gowns and long blonde hair but this time I can properly stay on theme and won’t be gutted if I only get 5 votes! 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • alycatalycat Registered Users, Member 264 Posts
    Here’s hoping I have enough items for this SYS. Here are some looks I threw together with my limited closet. I’m not loving most of them. Feedback would be appreciated! 

• sophkkhsophkkh Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I’ve tried to put together a couple looks but I don’t have many swim suits and I’m hesitant to spend K stars, any ideas on this look? 
  • samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    @sophkkh I like it! but my best advice if you’re unsure is just wait until the event, submit your first two looks and see how they do. spend time voting, study what they like, then make your mind up if you want to spend or not! I’m a planner, so I always feel better if I spend for a reason like SYS.
  • MinterBalkiMinterBalki Registered Users, Member 232 Posts
    @sophkkh That looks nice! It can pass as a swimsuit/pool wear. I'm really gonna have to be creative with this SYS, which is what every SYS should be like!
    Android. Add me! https://m.facebook.com/minterbalki.kkh.3?_rdr
    A+++ Level 65
    #BoycottSYS
  • VioletDreamsVioletDreams Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    @daffodil I think it depends. Sometimes I post my looks because I LOVE them and am proud of them and I'm sad they didn't score well, in that situation I wouldn't want criticism because I'm just venting. If someone doesn't like them it's a matter of personal taste imo, since I put a lot of work into them and I think they're great and work well, if that makes sense? Unless they're specifically asking for advice it would almost seem rude to me to suggest changes in that case.
    But I also post some of my looks that I'm unsure of before the event starts, specifically looking for everyone elses opinion, in that case all criticism is more than welcome and extremely helpful.

Speaking of, I can't find a single outfit I actually love, help

Sage | The Ginger One | Level 47 | Android
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Beach babes with @MinterBalki 😍 girl I loved your outfit sm that I had take a pic with you.

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

@Carol Davida Beach babes! I wish I had this outfit in real life, lol. Summer vibes! ☀️

@VioletDreams Love the last two looks! They should definitely score well!
    A+++ Level 65
    #BoycottSYS
  • Monica LMonica L Registered Users 696 Posts
    @VioletDreams last 3 for sure! I would vote for 2 & 3 definitely but we won’t know if the voters are more into evening gowns until Sunday I guess. Look #1would depend on who you get matched with - if a gown then for sure I am voting for look #1. 

Hope this helps! 💕

iOS Doll 

• dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    Omg, a SYS theme that isn't for gowns!!!

I'll definitely vote for a daily box swimsuit or any basic items that fit the theme and are styled well.
    I'd also vote for summery dresses and long flowing skirts but anyone who submits a gown will get a big fat NO!
    Lol
  • AveryAshAveryAsh Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    dingbat89 said:
    Omg, a SYS theme that isn't for gowns!!!

I'll definitely vote for a daily box swimsuit or any basic items that fit the theme and are styled well.
    I'd also vote for summery dresses and long flowing skirts but anyone who submits a gown will get a big fat NO!
    Lol
    I second this notion! 😂😂
  • kkh_Krissykkh_Krissy Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    daffodil said:
    Okay now that another SYS is upcoming, I have a question for my fellow forum members.

When you post your looks and indicate that your are dissatisfied with the points, do you want constructive criticism from other players? Sometimes I feel like the tone of some of the posts indicate that people want to know why they didn't get a lot of votes, and I can sometimes point out why I personally wouldn't have voted for that look. Stuff like, you're mixing metals, you're using too many accesories, or I don't think you're on point with the theme. I know it's all subjective, but if someone feel like they can use my feedback, I want to give it to them.

I don't post a lot of looks myself, so I don't know how we stand on this. I don't want to overstep any boundaries or make someone feel bad.

Can you guys tell me what you think of that? Do you want constructive criticism for your looks or not?
    I would love constructive criticism as long as its not rude. Sometimes id like to know why a certain look didnt do so well and then i can use that advice on my next look.
    edited July 2019
    Girls would you vote for these looks? Maria offered me these boots for 25 k-stars and I love them but I wanna make sure they’re useful

iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Not sure they fit the theme, but those are a must have in general! 
    iOS
    @AliBryant you’re right! They’re not what one would wear in the summer in general but I’ll get them cause like you said they’re a must have! Thank you 💕
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    The looks are great, you need the boots, but I don’t think any look with high boots will win.  I can see some short boots maybe. And that is from a girl who wear boots first and ask questions later.  Flats, sandals, light airy heels....I think any shoe with exposed toes is the way to go.  :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you girls for your suggestions!
    I’m hoping to see more looks here before the event starts because I need some inspiration for my limited kloset! 
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
    Did anything change regarding the diamonds? I still think 5 is a ridiculously low amount to earn during the SYS. They should at least be available as rewards for voting! I don't understand why the dyes were immediately added to gift boxes, but diamonds weren't :confused:
    A+++ Level 65
    #BoycottSYS
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    And how about heels?

Yes! Just pair it with interesting hair (a pretty style or fun color) and a handheld to "dress" it up. For shoes a wedge or strappy heel would work. The background looks to be a pool deck so no worries about getting stuck in the sand 😛
  • ValerieGrayValerieGray Registered Users, Member 685 Posts
    Would you guys vote for something like this or should I change something?

I play on Amazon kindle!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I'd vote for them.  One suggestion, I think open toe shoes are the way to go whenever possible.  It's like a bikini for your feet. and in the 2nd pic do you have the black, white and gold big tote bag?  I'd rather See the blue with a more blue or green colored outfit.  But that's just me.  Those looks will probably come up against Veltvet thigh high boots and a gown, so you'll be the popular vote without changing your shoes or bag. :)

And I can't wait for it to start.  I wish it was today instead of tomorrow.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VioletDreamsVioletDreams Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    @ValerieGray for the first outfit I love that dress with those sunglasses! I personally would lose the bag, it would be ok if it was more of a tote bag but this one doesn't read pool to me. For the shoes, because they're clear, I personally don't mind as much, they almost remind me of those jelly sandals I used to wear to the pool as a kid 😂

For the second outfit I agree that the tote bag feels out of place, I think it would work better with a white/pastel outfit but otherwise I would vote for that outfit!
    Sage | The Ginger One | Level 47 | Android
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I really dont Know what the voters will want, I feel like the swim suit looks will score okay but I’m to sure about the more casual looks 😩 I also dyed the bikini purple to so I can get lots of looks out of it!
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    I really dont Know what the voters will want, I feel like the swim suit looks will score okay but I’m to sure about the more casual looks 😩 I also dyed the bikini purple to so I can get lots of looks out of it!
    Your doll looks great! The 1st look on the 2nd row is my favourite, but I'd vote for most of these looks. The only 2 I'd be a bit unsure on is the 1st and 4th on the top row.

Others may disagree but personally, the 1st outfit is too much black for me. I'd probably just try pair the top with a lighter wrap skirt if you have one and change the hair to get rid of the black hat.

The 4th outfit I'd just change the top. The shirt being buttoned all the way up to the top looks too stuffy. A simple tank top or something along those lines that looks more airy would look better imo.

Good luck in advance!
    :smile: