šŸŽ† KK:H v10.1 Update - Let's catch our breath, and dive into Fashion!

Comments

• KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    @Monica L Wunderlist!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @Cherrey tysm doll šŸ™‚ for your lovely compliment. I'm in love with those new features too :love:

@LostInAnImage tysm doll. I'm happy that glu finally listened and is now catering to the black dolls of this community. Glu step their game up and is now creating beautiful makeup for dark-skinned dolls. I'm so glad that there's more melanin darker shades for my sistas who can take pride in their skin tone. And I love RiRi and her fab makeup looks.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) āž” the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmā˜ŗ

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
  • icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 281 Posts
    Sad I can't get my videos on either of my iOS games. I hope this is temporary.
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited July 2019

I was really excited to read the update would contain more skin tones as well, if not for any other reason than our shared love of fashion and makeup. There are so many gorgeous skin tones across the human race and a couture gown may be art in one individual and mere fabric on another; hence the need for maximum exclusivity.

And as a white girl with blonde hair and green eyes, Iā€™ll attest to this: we really donā€™t tend to look very good in gold jewelry, orange, yellow, red, or basically anything else with vibrant color. And thatā€™s because we tend to have cool undertones rather than warm. So it looks bad. And thatā€™s okay. None of these dresses or colors Ā were designed to suit everyone.

But Iā€™m so glad that this industry has FINALLY opened its eyes regarding the ā€œstandards of beautyā€ and can now appreciate the beauty in diversity, despite how ā€œMiss Americaā€ that sounds.Ā 

Howevwr, I do wish there was more variation amongst the dolls body types. Kim herself is very curvy, and Iā€™m glad sheā€™s represented as such in the game, but most women playing the game are closer to Kimā€™s body type than to a runway models. Meaning the clothes fit entirely differently. So I do wish for more variability there, as well (and not just in this game, obviously, but the entire fashion industry).
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • Monica LMonica L Registered Users 696 Posts
    My man beef, Cassio, looks different every time I see him. At first I thought he dyed his hair, but my Cassio has always looked closer to the 2nd picture with brown hair (not black hair).

iOS DollĀ 

edited July 2019
    @Monica L Ā Ā  ā€œMan beefā€ is awesome; just tried it on my boyfriend; he didnā€™t receive it well. I shall shoulder on until he does.
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited July 2019
    KKHLucy said:

Iā€™m in love. It looks like a MUFE ad.

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    @LostInAnImage

Jk. Maybe.Ā 
    iOS DollĀ 

edited July 2019
    @Monica LĀ  Eh, Man Beef (MB) just bought me a house last week. I think I can forgive the lack of enthusiasm MB expresses whenever I refer to him as such.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Monica L said:
    My man beef, Cassio, looks different every time I see him. At first I thought he dyed his hair, but my Cassio has always looked closer to the 2nd picture with brown hair (not black hair).

Celebrities these days!Ā 
  • thenailaholicthenailaholic Registered Users 227 Posts
    Monica L said:
    @LostInAnImage I have setup each business with a reminder on my phoneĀ 

I would love to see/use your list, if you don't mind? Ā 
    With regard to the businesses, I havenā€™t really heard anything bad about any of them. Is there not even one or two that someone regrets buying, or are they all just pretty good overall? I just am so stingy with my meager kash and would hate to buy one thatā€™s not profitable at all.
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    šŸ‘‹šŸ¼šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ I regret mine I only own the toronto one and I am way too busy of a person to remember to go there every day. I got it as an accident, maybe thatā€™s why I dislike it. Iā€™m also greedy and hate spending the energy on it when I have events to do.
  • thelifeofRaeRaethelifeofRaeRae Registered Users, Member 1,361 Posts
    Wow I envy your lists @LostInAnImage and @Koakuma! I just use my notes on my iPhone.Ā 

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one that needs a list to keep track of everything!!Ā 

iOS user
    #VIPKalinda
    šŸ‘‹šŸ¼šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ I regret mine I only own the toronto one and I am way too busy of a person to remember to go there every day. I got it as an accident, maybe thatā€™s why I dislike it. Iā€™m also greedy and hate spending the energy on it when I have events to do.
    I really like it, except for the variable-ratio schedule that my customers were purportedly going to be operating on has turned into a ā€œboth of your daily customers show up in tandem exclusively at 2 am because of that one time you played KKH at the bar.ā€Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Wow I envy your lists @LostInAnImage and @Koakuma! I just use my notes on my iPhone.Ā 

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one that needs a list to keep track of everything!!Ā 

Oh, I WISH I could claim one of those lists! I wish I could claim ANY list! Yesterday I was tutoring a student and thatā€™s when I realized that I donā€™t even own a pen.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Monica L said:
    @LostInAnImage I have setup each business with a reminder on my phoneĀ 

I would love to see/use your list, if you don't mind? Ā 
    Go ahead! I used to use a notes app for this and upgraded it to reminders. If you pm an email address I can probably share the list from my notes app via email.Ā 
    iOS DollĀ 

@Monica L you. Are. Amazing. I don't have a list bc I do them in order, specifically so I don't forget anything. Yours is SO detailed though, I have to have it! Ā 
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    This storyline with the yacht pull-up has. me. blushing.
    So, I just won this...thing, and I canā€™t decide how I feel about it. I donā€™t know how to accessorize it in a way that would make me feel less confused about whether or not I like it.Ā 

Any suggestions?

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    @LostInAnImage, here is some help.. I like this look for like a traveling look!!
    cntarr said:
    @LostInAnImage, here is some help.. I like this look for like a traveling look!!
    Thatā€™s SO much better! I didnā€™t even think to change the skin tone; it suits (PUN!) her much better when sheā€™s darker. I really like the hair as well but havenā€™t unlocked it to my knowledge. But thanks a lot for putting in time and helping me with ideas! I appreciate it.
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    cntarr said:
    Thatā€™s SO much better! I didnā€™t even think to change the skin tone; it suits (PUN!) her much better when sheā€™s darker. I really like the hair as well but havenā€™t unlocked it to my knowledge. But thanks a lot for putting in time and helping me with ideas! I appreciate it.
    Ohhh!!! No problem!!! I would love to help you more with anything else!!! But p.s. that skin tone is my characters skin tone and I was just styling the outfitšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ but no worries and I can help you with outfits in the future!!
    edited July 2019
    cntarr said:
    cntarr said:
    Thatā€™s really nice, thanks. Iā€™ll very likely take you up on that offer sometime soon. Iā€™ve been playing for a few weeks now, long enough to have participated in three different SYS events, but I came in 5th every single time and the 1st place winner was insanely far ahead. So I may need to work on my creativity here in order to place 1st, and creativity has historically never been a strong point for me!Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    cntarr said:
    cntarr said:
    Ohhh!!! No problem!!! I would love to help you more with anything else!!! But p.s. that skin tone is my characters skin tone and I was just styling the outfitšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ but no worries and I can help you with outfits in the future!!
    Thatā€™s really nice, thanks. Iā€™ll very likely take you up on that offer sometime soon. Iā€™ve been playing for a few weeks now, long enough to have participated in three different SYS events, but I came in 5th every single time and the 1st place winner was insanely far ahead. So I may need to work on my creativity here in order to place 1st, and creativity has historically never been a strong point for me!Ā 
    Itā€™s probably not your fault!! A lot of people buy tickets so itā€™s probably not a problem with your creativity!!
    cntarr said:
    cntarr said:
    cntarr said:
    Itā€™s probably not your fault!! A lot of people buy tickets so itā€™s probably not a problem with your creativity!!
    Oh, really? Hmm thatā€™s kind of a shame that they even offer that as an option. Itā€™s basically the game allowing players to rig it by putting quantity (I.e., money) over quality.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    @LostInAnImage, I 100% Agree!!!!!!!!!
    @LostInAnImage I bought a pack of tickets during the anniversary event. I don't spend a lot of real money on this game, maybe twice a year, but it was becoming apparent that I was never going to finish the event. I was sick of not having the statue in my trophy room! Ā That said, I only used one and barely finished. I'm going to use one at a time and not but more. I feel SO sad when someone in my group is obviously using tickets, but the rest of us can't even finish.Ā 
    @LostInAnImage I bought a pack of tickets during the anniversary event. I don't spend a lot of real money on this game, maybe twice a year, but it was becoming apparent that I was never going to finish the event. I was sick of not having the statue in my trophy room! Ā That said, I only used one and barely finished. I'm going to use one at a time and not but more. I feel SO sad when someone in my group is obviously using tickets, but the rest of us can't even finish.Ā 
    Hey, no judgment from me...I know that the moment thereā€™s a dress and hairstyle combo Iā€™m absolutely dying to have, itā€™ll be really difficult to resist the temptation to buy tickets! And the game makes it to where everyone kind of needs them because some will always use them.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1