🗳️ SYS -8/1/19 - Welcome August & Kalindaversary with an Art Gallery Opening

Comments

• AllegorieAllegorie Registered Users, Member 558 Posts
    @dingbat89 It’s okay, at the end of the day we share the same point of view 😊
    English is not my first language and sometimes it’s hard to read through the lines (if there is anything to read)! 
    ★ A+++ / Daily iOS player ★
        #BonusStarForParties
  • AmzaAmza Registered Users 108 Posts
    I'm so over this SYS can it just be Monday 03:00 AM already. The theme is saying one thing but we are "forced" to submit gowns or else our looks will tank and then there's the ticket buyers chasing the gold dye and side hairstyle like there is no tomorrow🙄
  • ScarletkkhScarletkkh Registered Users 830 Posts

Look 6, 7 & 8. I dont really feel they fit the theme that well but it seems like thats what the voters want💁. Im still far from the last prize, the dress, so gowns it is😂
    Totally agree with you @Amza , I hate that I cant submit classy tops and skirts or pants because they are getting super low votes.
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @dingbat89 I actually think it’s because when we chase some items, we see other things that we also want and sometimes we impulsively buy them because there’s a chance we won’t see them again anytime soon, even though we were initially saving our diamonds for something else. Then, to get the ~original item we’ve been chasing, we might be forced to buy a pack and then we see even more items we want and we buy more packs etc.
    Obviously I’m not speaking for everyone here and there’s a lot of people who save their diamonds and are not tempted with other purchases, but I’m also sure there are some impatient and impulsive buyers (like me) that understand this lol If there was a store, we could postpone our shopping plans for weeks or months because the items would always be there and it's definitely not something that Glu wants. 

But generally I love the idea of this kind of a pop up shop that would be open only during SYS! G
    od only knows how much time I wasted on voting to find things that I wanted. 
  • dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    @Allegorie I must say that your English is amazing!! I only speak English and I'm so impressed by all the players on this forum who can type it so fluently even though its not your 1st language. If i was asked to post in a different language I'd struggle to say hello let alone anything else lol. You all do a great job! 🙂
  • Chloè_KKHChloè_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Ryley1e and all Android players, just submitted this look. Usually it takes 1 hour or less for me to get votes. Hope you'll find it!

Android
  • zepphriuszepphrius Registered Users, Member 210 Posts
    A little disappointed by this theme and how gowns have taken over again. I recently watched Velvet Buzzsaw and was inspired by its quirkiness and weird humor and was hoping to channel that into some of my looks. But after giving in to the voters, I'm on track to get the dress. More good news: I found the red wine! Thank you doll ❤

edited August 2019
    @Allegorie Your English is very good. Sometimes I have a hard time explaining something in English, my first language is Afrikaans, Im always so scared people wont understand when I try to explain something🤦‍♀️. I have a habit of direct translating from Afrikaans to English so I doesnt always sound right😂
  • ChristyKanChristyKan Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    @evilhag @yezx its nt difficult to report on fb. Its anonymous n takes 5 secs max. Fb takes down their accounts. N if we were all doing that less incidents like that would happen. Maybe pointless for you bt thats my opinion and what i do, i report them and many accounts were closed. 
  • AllegorieAllegorie Registered Users, Member 558 Posts
    @Scarletkkh I don’t remember having struggle to read you though 😊 but I completely understand ! Sometimes, for my work, I have business and legal negotiations in English and every single time, I’m scared that people won’t understand me or that I won’t express clearly, with the appropriate words, what I want. But hey, we need to believe in ourselves and it’s gonna be ok !! Plus, the more you practice, the easier it will get 😊 
    ★ A+++ / Daily iOS player ★
        #BonusStarForParties
  • Kkh_AnastasiaKkh_Anastasia Registered Users, Member 1,882 Posts
    @TrashleyKKH same but with the sparkler on a stick 😂😂
    iOS 📲
    Instagram: kkh_anastasia98
    🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪

@Allegorie At work at I also deal with alot of english speaking persons, so I do talk it ok but I dont write it too well sometimes😂. When I type english emails Im just so grateful for spell check. Sometimes when I type on IG, FB or on the forums and I want to use big english words I first google the correct spelling🤦‍♀️
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Image result for english gif
    PM to add
  • PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    Just submitted the dress in champagne on Android. @Ryley1e
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
  • lilcyberangellilcyberangel Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Damn these ticket buyers are on it.. I actually could care less about the prizes this sys so I haven’t and won’t buy tickets this time, but I wouldn’t mind getting the kstars for whatever place I end up. I just like the earnable fishnet and purple dress. I ready for this sys to be over and I’m ready for the next one 😪
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    @evilhag , no we aren’t  permitted to talk about hacking, but you can reach out to Kalinda and speak with her privately about that kind of thing.  They do appreciate us keeping our eyes out and padding along that kind of info.but I think we can all agree it stinks.  
    If you find yourself in a group with someone you think is cheating, then the team will look and check it out formyou.  Just drop a message to Kalinda and include your ID, she'lll check it out.    :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts

I don’t understand how this cape/surfboard/sleeping bag metamorphosis happens to my dresses every SYS! And as some of you may notice, I’m levitating yet again. 

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Don't let disagrees bother you Dolls. Lately here has been a rash of arbitrary disagrees.  Don't let them get to you.  Even to the point of someone posting, I woke up early today.  That would get a disagree. Especially because it could be in error, even just a finger hitting the screen in the wrong place. Shake it off or it will drive you nitd.   <3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

Look 9 & 10. Now these votes just warms my heart😍. I also went from 4th place to 2nd place on TS, Super happy about that. I really want 1st place. I love the hair. Im also close to earning the last prize now.😁
  • AmzaAmza Registered Users 108 Posts
    @Scarletkkh your first language is Afrikaans? That's interesting🙂 I went to an Afrikaans dominant school for 12 years and I'm happy to understand,read and speak it fluently even if it's not my mother tongue 
  • Vivienne_kkhVivienne_kkh Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Scarletkkh so excited to see a fellow Afrikaans speaking person on the forums! 
  • Chloè_KKHChloè_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    Looks 7-10 

Android
  • nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    Surprisingly, my best-received outfits were not gowns so at least some people are sick of seeing them :) 
    Side note, how does voting end? Is it based on an amount of time like 1 hour per outfit, or is it out of 60 votes or something like that? 
    Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
  • lilcyberangellilcyberangel Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    @LostInAnImage that’s never happened to me until now!! It’s so weird I even put the same dress on that it was glitching 

• ThreePartMagicThreePartMagic Registered Users, Member 856 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @LostInAnImage @lilcyberangel My, what wonderful capes you have! 😂😂😂

*If a glitch can make our skirts into giant ones that sit behind us, there could be some really cool capes, veils, wings, etc. that could go back there if the graphics/programming/who-know-what allows for it. 😉
    iOS daily player • Doll: Madison 🦋😊
    Bel Air Belles (15/15)
    @Amza @Vivienne_kkh are you both from South Africa as well?
  • dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    @thallisa yeah you make a good point. I guess I just can also see the opposite too as I'm sure there's many people who would see a shop full of purchasable items and not be able to resist buying diamonds to buy all the things they want instead of waiting months to earn and then just hope they can actually find them. Plus I'm sure there's some items available that many of us don't even know about and don't see used whilst voting as everything is usually the same glam items so it doesn't seem like it's the ideal way for glu to do it. 

And it really sucks seeing people say they've spent hours or even days searching for the item they want and they still can't even find it. Sometimes I think glu just enjoys making things as frustrating as they can for its players lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.