SYS theme suggestions

Comments

• Lia888Lia888 Registered Users, Member 2,052 Posts
    edited July 2019
    A few other suggestions:
    If VS angels can’t be done due to copyrights, then a variation on that like mythical fairy’s on the runway or secret garden theme.

Pants on the runway

Masquerade party- create masks for cash and stars, keeping them unlocked like hair and earrings to use during the SYS event

Ps- forgot to mention Denim & Diamonds similar to another suggestion made an earlier post
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    I liked the old Hollywood theme, maybe we could do other decades? I feel like ‘90s or 80s theme could be fun! 
  • LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @jhabs I came into this thread specifically to advocate for a 90s SYS! Think of how much fun it would be:

Huge platform wedges
    Chokers
    Glitter
    Rhinestones/Sequins
    Hair clips
    Denim everything 
    Leather everything 
    Micro-mini skirts
    Crop tops
    Hoop earrings
    Ripped jeans
    Overalls  
    Gaudy costume jewelry
    Blue/white/glittery eye makeup
    Dark lips (brown lipliner/lipstick in particular)
    Etc.

I definitely love all the glam and gowns, but since this would be super colorful and tacky, people could just have fun with it and take it less seriously (both the fashion and the event itself)! :)

As an illustration, I thought it only appropriate to showcase some 90s looks by the best selling girl group of all time. Ladies, get ready to spice up your life:

And of course, our eternal Princess of Pop:

And if we want to go really 90s, the winner of the SYS receives the “Rachel” hairdo from Friends. 😋 BRB, time to go feed my Tamagotchi.
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • ZoeZhangZoeZhang Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    we need a gothic theme. need to put all of my black clothes into good use 🥴
  • CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    Welcome to the Jungle
    Animal prints, monkeys, birds, snakes, butterflies...finally be able to use the ugly safari hat
  • AbbeymaeAbbeymae Registered Users, Member 761 Posts
    Feminist  we can look amazing while supported women 👯‍♀️👯‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️ 
  • Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    I don't know if this has been said yet but I would love to see a Business/Working girl theme!
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• EmCharlotteEmCharlotte Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    There are a lot of good ideas in this thread! Ones I would personally really enjoy are:
    - "Boss Babe" SYS for all those business looks
    - "Glitter Glam" because we have so many wonderful sparkly outfits now (and lots of them look fantastic dyed, which gives even more options!) - @jhabs your looks show just how fun this could be (especially that hair on the third look!!)  <3
    - "Leather and Lace" for the leather skirts, dresses, boots - a darker and edgier overall look comes to mind!
    - "It's All White" just because I adore how clean and elegant a head-to-toe white look can be
    - "Floral Fashion" I just really like florals, okay!  :D
    - "Wedding Bells" so all those people that love to submit wedding dresses finally have a reason to!! Lots of the lighter champagne dyed dresses might work for this too! 

I think with the shorter SYS lots of different themes could work, as we only have to submit half of the looks we did previously!
    Let’s be friends - Emmy KKH on FB. I play on iOS 🤍
  • lafeedrageelafeedragee Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    I would love to see a parisian / french girl fashion sys 
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    No disrespect to anyone but I hope Glu takes a lot into account when they consider these suggestions, like how limited some people's wardrobes are and how hard it might be for people to comprehend when it comes to making looks and voting. 

In general, when Glu makes themes that are ambiguous, people just default to gowns, and then the whole forum is in an uproar that the booth is full of gowns, when in reality stuff like Rooftop Patio Party means nothing in particular as to formality. 

That being said, my suggestions are:

Mullet Madness

Hot Dog Eating Contest

Jurassic Fantastic 

Roadkill Chic

See! Those are terribly confusing, if completely awesome sounding, themes. Never use them. This is a broad, international customer base. Don't leave us scratching our heads. 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    These extremely ambiguous themes while I understand it is to cater for most of the players, I think it should at least have a well-defined parameters.

For example the pretty in pink theme was great because players at least try to incorporate something pink either in the clothes or hair and voters will vote for outfits that best represent the color pink. 

I think other color theme would be great, Back to Black, Red for Filth , Once in A Blue Moon, Why it got to be White? Party and etc.

It would also be great if the SYS earnables or TS prizes reflect the theme. Recent SYSes like the swimsuit and beach ball not only help to visualizes the theme and the earnable can be used as an entry. 

For funsies these are also my interpretation of @Savagekkh “suggested” themes. Too bad there are no hotdog handheld. Yet. 

IOS Player 
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    Brunch with an earnable mimosa! 😍😍😍😍
  • krissyGkrissyG Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Hey dolls I’ve posted this earlier another thread but how amazing would it be if we had a parent/baby SYS event where we could dress our babies up in NEW clothes with us and compete? 

• Lia888Lia888 Registered Users, Member 2,052 Posts
    Here are a few other SYS ideas using some of the existing backgrounds in the game.
    1. Harry Potter theme-  New Age Wizard School- Use the background in the Prague house and players dress up in one of the 4 colors of the Harry Potter’s shield (red, green, blue and yellow/gold) to represent their house.
    2. Night at the Opera- use the opera house in Rome with a gowns theme.
    3. Game of Thrones theme - Feast at Winterfell using the Prague house. Have a medieval/royal background and players can dress in gowns and crowns.
    4. Shopping in the Market using the background in New Delhi in front of the market. Casual theme for a day in the market.
    5. College Days or Study Abroad using the Pop Glam building in Lisbon. Casual theme.
    6. Vineyard theme in Cape Town. A couple of ideas could be a vineyard tour, opening or a wedding.
    7. My Closet Tour using the closet background in the Belair glam room. Could be a glam or casual theme.
    8. Happy Hour on the rooftop of the Sky restaurant in Hollywood wearing cocktail/semi formal wear.
    9. Hampton house’s backyard for either a lobster boil or clam bake party with a casual theme. A 2nd idea could be the Hampton’s All White attire party or have white + a 2nd color for variety.
    10. Backpacking across Europe- pick a foreign city like Florence,Rome, Armenia, etc.
    11. Salon Appointment Day-  casual theme using the Brooklyn hair salon.
    12. Northern Lights Spa and Star Gazing-  could be a casual or formal theme either with a relaxing spa mixer or a spa fundraiser evening event.
    13. Sundance or Indie movie opening or festival in Cannes.
    14. 5K marathon race or yoga class to use athletic wear.
    15. Jetsetter theme using the airplane background.
    16. Day in the amusement park in Santa Monica or Seoul with a casual theme.
    17. Afternoon tea in the Tokyo Japanese tea garden.  Casual with perhaps an Asian vibe, but wardrobe maybe too limited.
    18. Street party in Rio de Janerio with feathers and colorful attire.
    All I have for now! 🙂

• zigziggy1288zigziggy1288 Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    With fall coming up apple or pumpkin picking would be cute.
  • SoleaSolea Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Rooting for the Prom Night Theme ! 🥳 Let’s be glam ladies !
  • AreysAreys Registered Users, Member 466 Posts
    Carnaval! We have a few outfits in the kloset that look like dancing/performing outfits, and our glittery bras/pants would be so on theme
    iOS
    ✧⊰ Add me here! ⊱✧
    🏳️‍🌈
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Funeral Fashion would be a great SYS theme, especially with the new black dye.

• SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    @Cherrey That's actually really upsetting. Just because Pretty Little Liars treats death so cavalierly, doesn't mean it's a fashion event. I have lost people tragically and funerals are horrific for me. My grandmother died a few weeks ago and nobody was there at her funeral to rate our outfits.

I sincerely hope your thinking this is a proper suggestion means you haven't lost people close to you. Really. I really hope that you haven't experienced tragedy in your life and wish it was true to more people. 

I'm not posting to shame you. I just wish you'd delete that and I will do the same with this post. I have posted without thinking things through and upset people. It happens. People have already suggested all-black themes, like the pink one we had and I think it will likely happen anyway. 
    @Savagekkh I didn't mean to upset you or disrespect your feelings. I'm very sorry for your losses. In fact, I lost very important parts of my family too, including my father just a couple of years ago. Death was always a very present part of my life, but I learned not to reject and stigmatize it for the sake of my own mental health. Plus a good amount of dark humor helps me to get through. Of course I understand that not everyone shares my views, but I want you to know that they are not rooted in carelessness or disrespect at all.
  • MelanieKKHMelanieKKH Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I think theme should be something with word black 
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    @MelanieKKH Back to Black
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    “Black on black” 
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    @Cherrey I agree with not losing our humor, without humor we could just give up. But "funeral chic" is crossing the line of good taste imo.
    It upset me very much when I read it. 
    It's natural when our parents die first, I lost my father, too, but losing my brother was on another level. Nobody in my family even remembered who attended the funeral, we had to check the book people signed. It's all a blur in our memory, that shocked we all were. 
    So this suggestion of yours is like a slap in the face to me. 
    Android
  • samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    Fun at the fair please! My favorite time of year.
    @Rumpelstilzchen I understand your point of you very well and I'm really sorry that you had to experience these terrible losses. As I said before, I'm very familiar with death and I know how you feel. I'm just a different kind of person that likes to deal with this topic in a more casual way, but I don't intend to hurt peoples feelings. Thank you for sharing your feelings and help me to get a little bit more sensitive in this context!
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    @Cherrey. Sorry, but you're wrong. I would never claim to 'know how you feel'. It's inappropriate. You have no idea how I feel at all.
    Android