SYS theme suggestions

Comments

• SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Oh wow. Well I think it's incredibly callous and not at all dark humor, but since you seem intractable on the post, I will address Glu:

Dear developers, if you take up this theme to use in game, you will really be upsetting people and a line will definitely have been crossed. The disagrees outweigh the agrees and half were there from the get go before I even said anything.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    @Rumpelstilzchen Well, I really tried to comofort you with my words, but it seems like it headed the wrong way. That's all I can do. My sympathies are with you.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Perhaps removing the suggestion would be an idea, just so that Glu doesn’t mistakenly think it’s an option...although the disagrees would indicate that people don’t like the suggestion 🤷🏻‍♀️
    @Savagekkh Don't worry, I requested the deletion of these posts because I respect your opinion. I tried to explain mine, but it was not accepted. Tolerance needs to begin on both sides.
    @cherrey you can edit the body of your own post, and if you do, I will replace my text with "thank you" 

I'm not intolerant. I almost never say anything to forum members, unless its something really upsetting. This was really upsetting on a visceral level and I thought I expressed that enough in my first post. I hear you when you say it is dark humor, but really there was no actual humor in it. I didn't want a huge back and forth. That's why I turned to addressing Glu. 
  • cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I’m not personally getting involved but I do need to say if you feel offended by someone’s post, don’t call them out on a public thread. Just simply privately message them and hit the disagree button on the post. It was not a post that was meant to be offensive,@Cherrey was just suggesting that theme, to use our new “black dye” so if you do feel offended just privately message her and the situation would have went differently.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    edited August 2019
    But you ARE getting involved. Who are you to tell people what to post and what not? The new mod?
    Android
    @Rumpelstilzchen There is no need to attack someone else in this context. cnntarr expressed her opinion and she has every right to do it. Let me remind you we are on a forum. I'm ok with people calling me out because of this issue, but your latest post regarding cnntarr ist just disrespectful.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    No, it's disrespectful to tell people what they can post or not. You are just taking her side because she is defending you.
    Android
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Not sure where Rumpel was attacking someone? So are you saying everyone can express their opinions except her? No. She can say what she want, as can you. I could almost say you’re attacking her too, since your post is very personal. 

There is no need at all to take this conversation even further. Your post was inapropriate, you acknowledged that, and apologized. Now we move on.

Stop trying to be involved in everything that happens. 
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
    I find PMs have an intrusive and shady air about them. I never use them to react. I don't like to start personal conversations with people I don't know. I have always replied at the source and said things out in the open, by choice. You are welcome to disagree with my methods of communication, of course. 
  • cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    Ok now this is getting personal... @Rumpelstilzchen I don’t know what got you in this mood but it’s absurd. I was not telling ANYONE what to do I was recommending not to call someone out publicly but I guess that’s what your about.
    The problem in this case is a familiar one on this forum. Someone makes a 'mistake' and other people keep picking on this person. The same thing happened to Carol Davida and she left. I'm ok with communicating criticism, but you have to let go at some point. I already apologized to everyone who felt offened.
    I’m not sure that jumping in and then calling someone moody and absurd is helping. The mods always ask us not to intervene so hopefully this subject will just drop
    edited August 2019
    People dont “pick” on you, they simply asked to delete or edit (whatever you like to hear) your post. Please dont play victim here. 

Yeah as I said, you apologized, now let it go. 

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    They probably already left it as is, but someone decided to play mod and bring up the issue again. Everyone has the right to voice their opinions. Words like "picking on" is redundant in this case, and especially in Carol's case.

I agree with Savage regarding PMs, just earlier I received a disrespectful and aggressive PM out of nowhere. Baffled me.
    PM to add
    Good lord. The conversation was over and fairly brief, and then this new girl comes to tell me how to post when I have been here for years. Express your opinions. Jump on my back. I don't care. But you can't act victimized. We are adults. I will address you all as adults. There isn't victimization going on here. If you didn't want discourse, you could have stopped replying. And the notion that one side can continue to reply and the other can not, is absurd. 
  • ValerieGrayValerieGray Registered Users, Member 685 Posts
    Hmmm don't know if that post was directed towards me but if it was I'm so incredibly sorry for annoying you
    I play on Amazon kindle!
    edited August 2019
    @ValerieGray Upon rereading it, I can see where it looks rude. Sorry, I didnt mean for that to be an insult. I meant new to the conversation, actually. I already told her she has the right to her opinion and I welcome dissent. I only meant to mention I had replied because I have been here for forever and am not new to forum etiquette, that this is a choice of style. I don't know if she knows whether I'm new or have been here for years. 
    Thank you for that response! 
    I play on Amazon kindle!
    I could be wrong, but I believe people have been editing/deleting comments because the question or issue has been resolved and it’s not necessary for other people reading later to comment.   That’s just my take on it.
    @sugark I edit them all the time, people would know how many times I post things in the wrong thread 😂 

Make kkh great again: 
    LMAO @yezx. I meant edit to remove everything or change it to nvm, or something like that.  Now I’m going to watch how many of your posts are edited 😂😂😂
  • AreysAreys Registered Users, Member 466 Posts
     This is a forum for us to express and share our opinions, and we can all be mature and civil about what we agree and disagree with. We don’t have to go private about it if we think something is in bad taste, imo this is the whole point of the forum. 
    Additionally, the act of publicly letting someone know about why their comment was in bad taste allows not only the original commenter, but also others, to learn what is and isn’t acceptable.

Aside from this, I was going to suggest that a fantasy theme would be fun, I would love to dress up as an elven princess or something. Sadly, I don’t think we have a lot in the closet for this, but I can dream
    iOS
    ✧⊰ Add me here! ⊱✧
    🏳️‍🌈
    A fantasy theme would be super fun! I read a lot of fantasy books lol
    I play on Amazon kindle!
  • dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    I get that there's many different reasons why people remove posts, I just personally don't think it's necessary 99% of the time. It just makes things weird when reading through threads and seeing responses to a post that no longer exists and trying to figure out what was originally said isn't always easy lol. It would just make a lot more sense to me to simply edit in a disclaimer at the top saying "resolved", "wrong thread", "ignore this" etc, but still leave in the original text so people know not to respond but also aren't left thinking wth did they say. Maybe I'm just weird and it doesn't bother anybody else though 🤷‍🤣
    It’s done to prevent an issue from dragging on. Once it is dealt with there is no need for people that log in hours later to read and feel a need to comment, which “revives” an issue that has been resolved. Actually in the past, posts were removed by moderators so now a days you see a lot more than in the past 😁