🗳️ SYS -8/22/19 - Country Club Theme!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts

Woo Hoo Hoo. Can you believe it's time for our next SYS tomorrow?
When this IG post popped it gave us a clue......A Big Clue........Country Club!

But did it really clue us in?  Country Club is tennis and athletics, but it's also Dining and Dancing. Which will you wear?

Whatever you wear, there will be fun and prizes.
And if we want to see spoilers........we need to get this thread open.  Ahh!  There's Kalinda now!
Thanks Glu Goddess!  Now Doll's  let's beg and plead, and obsess about this latest ......Show Your Style Event!
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456719

Comments

• LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    I dont have any big fancy hats, so my only option is to go sporty! :S 
    Hopefully it works out for me!
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    I think in each group, it will just take one gown dresser to turn the whole group.  Just my prediction.  I think we'll work way too hard to put together the perfect tennis look (aren't you glad for the rainbow ofGB  tennis dresses now?) and when it comes back with 35, we'll become very disappointed, and reach for a feel good - wear ugly shoes under them- gowns.   Just my prediction.

Do you think it would do any good if we all launch a massive Soc Media campagn to boycott gowns and try it with daytime apparel?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AreysAreys Registered Users, Member 466 Posts
    I hope we get the racquet as a handheld ✨
    iOS
    ✧⊰ Add me here! ⊱✧
    🏳️‍🌈
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    I wore the visor during the gym sys (?) and it didn't do well.  I even paired it with Kim's 2 piece sweat outfit.  But a look that gets 35 today, will get 53 the next day, so I just realized my low score revelation was of no help......because the voters choices change with the breeze.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    @VioletDreams love the looks especially 1 and 2. And that narrative! 😂

IOS Player 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    I think the only way this SYS theme could end up being consistently sporty is if “sporty” or “athletic” was in the actually theme title...you’ve really got to spell it out for people. I think I would actually really enjoy an athleticwear theme! God knows I have enough crop tops and leggings in my closet 😂 That being said, I’m just going to wear whatever scores well! 

• evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    I feel like we just have to redo our picnic outfits, people might get bored and I think the gowns are gunna come out. You don’t think gowns can be worn at a country club? Does anyone remember the smash hit Bridesmaids? I’m going full on Helen for this SYS 

Hopefully the spoilers point us in a specific direction!
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    Since I'm from France, I had no idea what a country club was until I scrolled down and saw your posts. I really thought it was something related to the country music or something and then I was like "Oh...? Okay?" lmao I still don't really get what a country club is.

I really have no idea how to dress my doll for this SYS, gowns ? Athletic outfits ? I don't really understand the theme so if you could help out a french doll, would be appreciated! 
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    You can either go sporty or rich ladies at brunch attire. The latter will probably get you higher votes. I would say wait to see what the background looks like but that doesn't seem to matter. 
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts

@Stefani_H These pictures kind of show what people might wear IRL to a country club. When I think of country club attire I think of pastel colors/white, pearls, floppy hats, preppy look (think Lilly Pulitzer brand), and handheld drinks like wine and cocktails. 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Ohemilie I hear what you’re saying! I also feel the 4 earnables were a little better before, and there were some things I liked about the previous format, like having the freedom to submit a couple silly or really unique looks at the end. Even winning TS is a little anticlimactic now. My main hope is that we will still get amazing SYS and TS prizes sometime in the future and those items won’t just go to Fashion Goals or Kollections.

I think because shorter events will appeal more to casual players than long events which require planning and dedication, I haven’t seen as many wow-worthy looks in the voting booth either. 

Anyway, I still like it better than the mandatory entry fee of something like 25 k-stars for an item in the original format! I’m glad most people seem to like the shorter format because it results in (hopefully) a more positive vibe on the SYS threads. 
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    So I googled a bit and found this:

What is appropriate to wear to a country club? A casual dress and flats are options as well. Men: Wear a button-down or a polo shirt, paired with khakis, or dress pants. ... Women: Wear a dress that would be appropriate for brunch or afternoon tea. It should fall to, or slightly above, the knee, and not be too sparkly or low-cut.

• Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    Alright, I see now! I was a little bit confused since we don't have country clubs here in France. Thank you for clearing that out :)

So we can either wear dresses or sporty outfits then. I guess we will see gowns anyway...
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Here's a sneak peek at what you can win...
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Glu literally googled "country club style" when coming up with the prizes for this event 😂

We may have lots of athletic wear in game but we don't have tennis wear. And Kalinda only used the word athletic on the IG post, not on Twitter or Facebook. She also said the giant white hat was "perfect" for the theme. So my guess is regurgitate picnic looks and you'll be fine. 
    iOS
    Hmmm idk how to feel about the earnables... Their a lil old lady IMO? IDK my idea on them might change once i see them on Emma!
    I LOVE the Trendsetter itens tough!!! Give me that tennis dress and the tennis racket ASAP!!!
  • TyrandaTyranda Registered Users, Member 253 Posts
    Have to disagree on TS price sine I expected better prizes
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    Reeeeeally wish the earnable dress was a pretty blue shade but I love the hat! 
    After seeing those Trendsetter prizes im DEFENETLY going into the spoty route!!!
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Omg, I need the TS dress.