🗳️ SYS -8/29/19 - Theme: The 80's

Comments

• KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    edited August 2019
    evilhag said:

@soundspretty oh you mean these?? Pure unadulterated fashun. 
    I'm trying to convince myself I'm not into the first look but honestly I'm kind of into that first look 😳

The color palette, I'm into it 
  • stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    To be fair a lot of younger ones on here are probably familiar with 80s fashion now thanks to Stranger Things lol. Personally I adore 80s fashion but I have like...one thing on kkh that comes even close lol.

luckily I hate the prizes except for the TS jumpsuit.
  • dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    Don't like the earnables in that colour but they could look decent dyed so will bother to chase.

TS hair and bodysuit are a yikes and big no for me personally. I dont care though. I actually want TS prizes to be ugly every week now so I'm not disappointed when ticket buyers go nuts and make 1st place impossible as I refuse to throw money at glu with this pay to win nonsense.

I've given up hoping it's going to change though as it clearly isn't. It seems like even more people are now buying tickets as previous non ticket buyers are so sick of being kicked out of a top position, usually by an off theme doll who buys ridiculous amounts, that they've resulted in buying tickets too just to maintain their rightful position. I don't blame them for it either. It just sucks that glu is getting exactly what they wanted and making even more money with their bs ways of doing things. 
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    can we please skip this SYS and go to the one with the suitcase? geez
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I wish I had this dress, it probably dyes well, and it's so 80s to me

iOS
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    @thallisa I absolutely love all of your looks! 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    The theme, the earnables, the TS prizes, the countless gowns that will no doubt be submitted by clueless Generation Z players

hackers can burn in hell
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @dpeters thank you so much! 💕 I hope the voters will like them too because that’s all the creativity I have for this theme 😂

@AliBryant ohhh thanks for reminding me about this dress, I’ve got it recently in my TB box! It actually doesn’t dye that well though, I like the pink version and that’s it:

@thallisa oh wow I did not expect it to look so muddy! Yeah the pink looks good.
    iOS
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts
    The theme is soo cool but I already know I wont complete 575 votes lol 

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

Great ideas @LindaVB! I forgot I have those pumps with sheer ankle socks from years ago :D
    iOS
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    @Abbeymae we all know where you got the "inspo" for that dress... do you think us forum members are dumb? 😂😂
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Me, preparing for another SYS: 

Image result for abby lee miller sarcasm gif
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts

Thats it, I only have 6 looks for this SyS 
    I'll go cry in the corner....

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    @LindaVB I love those floral boots, and that colorful dress/black tights combo! It was one of my fave dresses when I first started playing and I forgot about it for a while 💕 Thanks for the inspiration!

• Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    I love the theme but I'm afraid I won't have enough 80's outfits in my wardrobe, and I don't wanna buy things that I will never use in the future...

This SYS Event is already stressing me and it hasn't even started!
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• KimsBestieKimsBestie Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    What a fun theme! 🥰 I really love it and can’t wait! I also like the earnables, trendsetters... Not so much... The hair is a mess and I don’t understand what the flower is doing on that suit. 😂 I’ll try to stay in the top five for the outfit. 💕🙈 
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited August 2019
    alycat said:
    Shoulder pads and big hair? This SYS is gonna require creativity for sure! 

Omg @alycat this look is giving me massive Jerry Hall vibes 😍

Edit: for reference 

• dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    LindaVB said:
    Yes the 80s, my era!!!
    There were lots of bright and bold colours, shoulder pads, big hair and panty hose!!
    This is what I’m  going with but I’ll probably add some handhelds:

That 2nd look is head to toe gorgeous and I'm obsessed with the jacket!! I've never seen it before but I now desperately want it lol. Can somebody tell me where it's from and please tell me it's available to buy with diamonds 🤞
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    I’m totally clueless. Help please 😫
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts

I am debating on spending some of my stars that I am trying to save for the next vip on some of these looks. I appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    YASSSS. YASSSSSSSSSS. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! 

I was born in the '80s, grew up in the '90s and early '00s, but the '80s boom that has taken over the world because we're all facing imminent peril it seems every single day and need a nostalgic escape to when life was thriving for at least the surface (there were bad parts about the '80s too, but mostly celebration) has given me so much life and reason to dance again. 

AKA I'm so happy with this theme. I don't particularly care for any of the prizes, so I'm just gonna have fun and dress up! Yessssssssssssssssss. 

I highly recommend watching GLOW on Netflix for more inspiration, especially season 3. Or even Stranger Things! 

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited August 2019
    LAdoll24 said:

I am debating on spending some of my stars that I am trying to save for the next vip on some of these looks. I appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
    I love the hot pink cheetah outfit, like, all the time for everyday wear 😂 I think it’s definitely 80s! So I might be biased but if you like it, I think you should get it. The neon skirt is great too! The purple set is also one of my faves but I’m not completely sure it’s 80s, so maybe I’ll try it and post the results.

In general, I think you should only buy something for SYS if you actually like it because stars are hard to come by!
  • alycatalycat Registered Users, Member 264 Posts
    I really don’t have much in my closet to help me through this SYS! The last two looks feel more 70’s than 80”s