🗳️ SYS -8/29/19 - Theme: The 80's

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    @Loveflower01 I'm keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.  And, please just check in from time to time.  We've had hurricane groups before and we all care. <3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChicelleChicelle Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    These names get me everytime 😂
  • LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    @dpeters Definitely go with the left for 80s, the right is prettier IMO but it’s actually quintessential 70s (look up Farrah Fawcett from Charlie’s Angels if you aren’t sure who that is).

That was her flippy hair that *everyone* imitated that decade, kind of like the “Rachel” hairdo from Friends in the 90s.
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    Well, this is one of the looks I was more confident about, and it’s a huge flop 😬 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    @thelifeofRaeRae @Loveflower01    who else is in the hurricane's path.  If you're in this one, thoughts are with you, add your name and repost this.  Don't scoff we've made hurricane lists in the past, and it's always been nice to hear that our sister and brother dolls were safe as the storm progressed.   Peace and Love thoughts going out.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AbbeymaeAbbeymae Registered Users, Member 761 Posts
    edited August 2019
    And we already have a ticket buyer ...😔😔
    Edit: they're over 250 now still with the same look  ☹️
    @MissEm1994 Welp, I had the same exact flop and this was also one of the looks I felt best about. So...great start! 

THANKS FOR NOTHING VOTERS! 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I was pretty excited for the theme until I hit the voting booth. Perhaps others later will be more 80s, but right now it's the basic who just looks better. 

Also to those in the hurricane path, be careful! 
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Msjagger68Msjagger68 Registered Users 289 Posts
    And it’s already gowns as the popular vote. And if I see the brown dress again I’ll scream.

I feel your pain!!! Every time I see that dress I just...

Yeah, I might just have sit this one out!

✊🏾NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!✊🏾
    BANS OFF OUR BODIES!!! 👏🏾👏🏾
    🇵🇸 🇵🇸 🇵🇸
  • Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    The event has just started and the voting booth is already a mess... lol
    No one fits the 80 fashion style, it's just about gowns and the ugly brown dress from last weekend.
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

edited August 2019
    @jhabs No kidding. I didn’t grow up in the 80s, but at least I know something! Most of the voters wouldn’t pick the appropriately dressed doll even if it was MJ himself from the grave, doing the “Thriller” dance in the actual booth (and he moonwalks off the screen as they pick someone else for popular vote). 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    edited August 2019
    in the voting booth and i already see:
    - the brown dress
    - gowns
    - sundresses
    - the occasional on theme look that’s not the popular pick

iOS platform
    @dingbat89 You mean to tell me you really don't recognize the world-famous 80’s landmark: the bel-air home salon? 

So uncultured.

😝
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @Suri_Madden I'm glad we can all laugh when things like that happen! It's always best to play Show Your Style when you have a strong internet connection to avoid glitches.

#VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Jenn1ferrJenn1ferr Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Usually I vote 2 rounds before submitting a look to get a feel of what to submit. I did at least 5 rounds and I have no clue what I'm doing.
    I also do that before submitting look, but right now I just have no idea what to submit anymore. 
    Playing on IOS.
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    I think the background is supposed to be like an 80s movie dress up montage...? I was born in 94 though so I’m def not an 80s expert 
  • VioletDreamsVioletDreams Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    I came across 3 good 80s outfits in the voting booth so far and none of them were the popular pick.
    I think I'm going to lay off voting until later on in the event because it honestly pains me to have to pick between the mess of awful off-theme outfits and that ugly brown dress 
    Sage | The Ginger One | Level 47 | Android
    @KalindaKing Mine glitches every single weekend at some point no matter my internet connection, but I always find it really amusing; the weirdest stuff happens to my poor doll.

Last SYS there was a sole unattached extra HAND just creeping behind her, slightly cupping her shoulder while I was putting on accessories. It was like the ghost of SYS past. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • Msjagger68Msjagger68 Registered Users 289 Posts
    I knew that this was going to be a...

✊🏾NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!✊🏾
    BANS OFF OUR BODIES!!! 👏🏾👏🏾
    🇵🇸 🇵🇸 🇵🇸
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    The voting booth is all polka dot dresses and picnic baskets!! 😠

I agree with @dingbat89, Glu should have chosen a better background. The neon photobooth background from The Atlantic in New Jersey would have worked.
    iOS
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @LostInAnImage Aw, sorry about that! I'm speechless.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Maybe everyone that’s playing is really young and thinks that everything before the 2000’s was only offered in monochromatic colors a la Pleasantville, and due to the lack of smart phones we did nothing but go on endless picnics. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1