~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos wow I adore your creations!
  • JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos oh my gosh I am in love with your designs!! you’re so talented
    iOS platform
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos Now I know who to go to if Glu doesn't let me hold my doll's head! I enjoy seeing your designs, keep them coming!
    PM to add
  • cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos I NEED THAT FOR HALLOWEEN like your edits are amazing and that hair short👌🔥🔥 like do you get the hair short in your game?
  • JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos you are wayy too harsh on yourself! the design is super cute and the feather coming out of the cup hat is genius!! i love love love it and thank you for thinking of me!! i couldn’t think of a better design in a million years!

iOS platform
    I’m going to a wine festival today with a new friend! I’m not really much of a wine drinker — it makes me kind of amorous/sleepy which is a weird and ineffective combination 😂 Does anyone recommend a type of wine to try? I remember enjoying a type called Viognier a few years ago but I’d love your recommendations!
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    @Rikk I recommend a nice moscato ! 
    IOS Player 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @Rikk Do you like sweet? A Moscato, Riesling, or vignoles are some sweeter whites. Usually fruit wines (apple, blueberry, peach) are sweeter too. Anything blush is usually semi-sweet. I'm not a fun of dry wines unless it's paired with dinner so I have no recommendations. My hubby loves a Norton wine which is a dry red although I think that's a regional grape so you might not find it
    edited August 2019
    Hey guys! @soundspretty and @TrashleyKKH thank you so much! I tried my first moscato ever and it was tart and refreshing! I also tried a Gewürztraminer.

I don’t know if this is the place for this, but it’s late at night and I just have to let it out...I met up with a new friend tonight; we hung out for the first time on our own. Everything was great at first, we really connected, but when she started to get a little drunk, I realized that she’s racist ☹️ She was making awful comments about the Syrian and Turkish people in our community and it made me really unsettled so I called her out. Not surprisingly, she got defensive and I ended up excusing myself and going home. I cried on the train home like a crazy person 😂 I’m just really disappointed because she seemed like such a nice person, but under the surface it was a bunch of ignorance and bitter comments...have you guys ever experienced something like this? When she sobers up and calls me tomorrow I have to be honest and tell her why I don’t want to see her again...
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @Rikk Oh girl, I feel you. I have a friend like this as well. We'll invite him over and purposely not talk about anything controversial and he'll still bring up politics. But the thing is he's so hypocritical - I feel like people who are in the wrong ethically usually are.
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    @rikk, I wish I can give a giant hug. 🤗 my best friend had a similar experience where an exchange student came to our university and on the surface seem like a nice, decent quiet guy and apparently told my friend “ girls shouldn’t bother with uni, just find a good husband settle down and have kids” and my friend nearly punch him in the face. 
    IOS Player 
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    Since this thread is meant for any topic, I'll share this here. I woke up with vertigo today, this isn't fun. Has anyone experienced something like that? 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    @dpeters only when I was really sick! That’s annoying; how do you feel now?
    Thank you @soundspretty and @trashleykkh; I’m glad you guys know how it feels!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I’m so I’m sorry you dolls experience stuff like that. It is mind blowing to find out someone isn’t as you thought they were.  The first thing I do is ask myself can I be wrong and misunderstanding.  Then if it is a problem this person has, I just hope. For their enlightenment. It’s all you can do.  Very often, it’s just how people were raised.  If they are coming from a place of ignorance, it’s one thing. If it’s from an ugly hateful place in their own heart, then I’m Better off without them. It’s disappointing, but you can’t make people think straight. 
    @rikk would this girl talk the same way in front of the Syrians and Turkish  people on the group?  If yes...they are ignorant not evil. If they know better than to say it....then it’s all on them. It shows they know they are being racist.
    hipe this makes sense.  I just get mad because it matters what is in people’s hearts, not the pigment of their skin. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @Rikk it is very annoying but I'm feeling better. Still dizzy but not as much.

I was reading your post on the bad experience you had with the new friend. Sorry you had to go through that but you did the right thing by going home after calling her out, one shouldn't have to endure that kind of uncomfortable situations. 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    edited September 2019
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos FIRST OF ALL I love that you are celebrating kindness to yourself bc your mental health is everyTHINGGG. I just adore you and your art you’re the most precious bean on the planet and you make everyone laugh and I’m just in AWE of you and your memes 💖💖💖
    @Rikk I would have recommended Riesling, so good!! I’m so sorry about your friend, that’s sooooo shitty. You’re right to walk away. People don’t deserve people like that in their lives. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’d rather cut some people out than have toxic people in my life. With everything going on in the USA I see the harm in ignorance and fear and hate and it’s a dangerous, horrid road. Keep your high standards and better people will come along! We love you!!!! You are positive and unique and thoughtful and friendly and wonderful, never forget that! 
    Thank you @charlottegold, that means a lot to me!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Vertigo is a very real thing, but a lot of people saw the Hitchcock movie Vertigo, and those outdated visual effects can't begin to convey how it affects people.  I'm so sorry you suffer with it @dpeters .  So many people with these problems are made to feel like outcasts.  Vertigo, panic attacks, agorophobia.  these are just a few of the things people feel are imagined illnesses.  PTSD.  Between the people who think it's feigned, to the people who suddenly 'develop' a problem because their boss made them work overtime, or redo a project.  They tick me off as much as the ones who disreguard.  I'm sorry Dolls.  If the world was just nicer to each other.....anyway I'm sorry for my friends who are suffering.  <3   One of the last remaining Beatles, Ringo has stopped signing autographs and when approached he shares "Peace and Love.  Peace and Love"  I like Ringo. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you kokokokonut!
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    @dpeters Both my husband and father suffer from vertigo.  The best natural fix is the Epley Maneuver. It might seem a bit weird, but it's actually pretty easy and extremely helpful for many people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJB5Vx7Xqo

Ginger can also be helpful - tea, soda, root.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
    wow @SisSnappedLikeThanos! I really love that sheer asymmetrical dress — I’d wear it in a heartbeat! It’s so modern and edgy. Are you thinking of studying fashion design?
    OMG thank you so much @webra! I will definitely try both your recommendations <3 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos I love your designs, you are so creative and talented!
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    edited September 2019
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos I’m clicking a strong “disagree” because that outfit you made is hot and I think you’ve got a lot of talent! 💕😂💕