🗳️ SYS -9/5/19 - Theme: World Traveler (Happy Birthday Kalinda!🎂

Comments

• LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    @Ryley1e Honestly, I think I just had some bad luck this SYS with regard to the majority of the voting groups I’m in, because largely everyone that’s stayed on theme in this thread has received good scores, with a few outliers like myself. A lot of the event is up to chance, and when I remind myself that, it’s no longer actually frustrating because I realize it’s not something I can control, at which point being annoyed is illogical since it serves no purpose. :) 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • Monica LMonica L Registered Users 696 Posts
    My first two looks scored horribly (36 & 39), but after that I have had much better luck and I just scored my highest look yet (54). Here’s what I have submitted:

iOS Doll 

I wish that only certain parts were dyeable and things like buttons, zippers, belts on clothing etc or small details on accessories would keep their original colours. ☹️ 
    I completely agree. Case in point: I wanted to dye the passport in multiple colors so I could use it throughout the whole event, but it looks absurd in any of the dyed forms, because rather than it just dyeing the background (which is actually how passports from different countries look), it dyes the symbols and the tickets themselves. There is no country on earth that has neon, pastel or completely blacked out plane tickets, presumably because people prefer to fly with airliners that don't appear to be run by children.  

Without knowing beforehand, there really isn't any way to actually recognize what this object is:

(This last one looks exactly like the book that servers carry to take orders; I waited tables through undergrad and had flashbacks after seeing this CIA-issued passport). 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    Look 10, finally a good score 💞 

IOS doll 💞

• MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    Here's what I have so far, looks 1-4: 

• lilvivlilviv Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    @dpeters @Rikk Both of you are so sweet, thank you 💕💕
  • KimsBestieKimsBestie Registered Users, Member 414 Posts

I wish that only certain parts were dyeable and things like buttons, zippers, belts on clothing etc or small details on accessories would keep their original colours. ☹️ 
    I completely agree. Case in point: I wanted to dye the passport in multiple colors so I could use it throughout the whole event, but it looks absurd in any of the dyed forms, because rather than it just dyeing the background (which is actually how passports from different countries look), it dyes the symbols and the tickets themselves. There is no country on earth that has neon, pastel or completely blacked out plane tickets, presumably because people prefer to fly with airliners that don't appear to be run by children.  

Without knowing beforehand, there really isn't any way to actually recognize what this object is:

(This last one looks exactly like the book that servers carry to take orders; I waited tables through undergrad and had flashbacks after seeing this CIA-issued passport). 
    Glu should really fix this issue. Having dyes is cool and dandy, but the feature still needs to be improved. It’s the same with light coloured coats/jackets that are paired with dark tops and when you dye it the out wear looks Fab while the dark top... Looks like a mess. 😂 Option that let us decide which parts of the clothing we want to dye would be nice but it’s probably too much to ask for. 😂❤️
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
  • AreysAreys Registered Users, Member 466 Posts
    @LostInAnImage I dyed the passport to use it several times 😂 I was cringing internally while doing it, but I needed an appropriate handheld for more outfits.
    iOS
    ✧⊰ Add me here! ⊱✧
    🏳️‍🌈
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    Dolls what do you think of this outfit? And which hairstyle?

iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • AccaliaAccalia Registered Users, Member 194 Posts

I don't know why do I keep playing the SYS. It's always the same, ticket buyers getting on my nerves.
  • Ryley1eRyley1e Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @elettrahere I love it, I would go with the second hairstyle!!!! 
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    @Sweetstephy your doll's facial features are amazing and gorgeous! I don't know if that sounded weird but I wanted to say it lol 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    So, this sucks. @Basak and I would be in first and second if it weren’t for the two ticket buyers above us. 

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    @dpeters Not weird at all hun! 💞😘Ty for your sweet compliment. 
    IOS doll 💞

edited September 2019
    Yay! Look #11 did well:

I did the calculation, and in order to get the earnable dress, I have to get a 41 exactly on all three remaining looks (124 pts total), which is definitely doable but sometimes the voters surprise you in a bad way. So...really giving thought to the last three looks. I LOVE the earnable dress.
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • BasakBasak Registered Users, Member 1,215 Posts
    So, this sucks. @Basak and I would be in first and second if it weren’t for the two ticket buyers above us. 

It really does suck. I’m not having fun at the SYS events for a long time.

🌼

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Daily player on iOS! 
    85 level also A+++
    Instagram gameplay account: basak_kkh
    If you want to be friends, you can add me here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039524040997
    edited September 2019
    @pilirositolam @charlottegold thank you both so much!! ❤️ I thought they were all solid looks while submitting so I was sad to see some score so low!

here was my inspo for the all red one 😂😂

Also: I edited my original post of my looks & it disappeared, whoops! 
    I thought this was MJ circa 80s; I just now read the caption. Hahaha. I’m dumb. 

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    looks 1–9:

this theme has been one of the most difficult for me! it’s just so vague that I have absolutely no idea what to submit. every time I have to create another look I just don’t even know what I’m doing.
    me when I first heard what the theme was:

she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • pilirositolampilirositolam Registered Users, Member 1,063 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Seriously, when is it going to stop? I had a lead for over 100 points and all of the sudden some rando bought an outrageous amount of tickets and now she has over 80 votes from me! This game is getting on my nerve, it isn’t trendsetters it is more like a bidding contest, such a greedy way to keep customers happy huh
    I just created a fb account for my doll! Her in-game (iOS) name is Francesca. Add me: https://m.facebook.com/francesca.kkh.5?ref=bookmarks 🧚🏼‍♀️✨💞
  • JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    the ticket buyer ahead of me has finished the event already, every time I catch up she buys more tickets 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
    iOS platform
  • nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    I liked my second take on this outfit better but I guess the voters just hated my nose job 🤔

Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

Voted for @kokokokonut from earlier before 🤩

And some more looks that scored well for me 😍

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos girl you should most definitely post your doll more often because she is absolutely stunning 😍
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I was just voting and the popular winner was very aggressively holding that tennis racket, as we do.

I’m like...has anyone ever been to the airport before?! The last time I flew, they confiscated my regulation-sized perfume (aka one of the TSA employees needed to give his baby mama a present that night to make up for her persistent dissatisfaction at him being a TSA employee), AND they threw away my half-used tube of chapstick before I was clear.

Yes, chapstick is the new terroristic tool sweeping the globe; you should see the supple lips that ISIS are sporting.

Meanwhile, sure, it’s totally cool to go on a plane with a freaking wooden weapon that can only be held at an outstretched, defensive position. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • ScarletkkhScarletkkh Registered Users 830 Posts

Basak said:

It really does suck. I’m not having fun at the SYS events for a long time.
    The most irritating part: one of those two insane ticket buyers is STILL buying tickets despite having completed the event due to said insanity, and shamelessly just submitting her “earnable” (aka purchasable) look:

And as annoying as this submission is, it’s the first on theme one she’s done (well, minus the bouquet of flowers, which you absolutely can’t bring on any plane; customs specifically ask about, and throw away, any non-local flora). 

But my tangent about immigration customs aside, it just seems like she’s purposely pissing other players off. Her earlier looks? Ridiculous crap like this:

In a more common piece of airline related news, FIRE is also very much banned at this locale; in fact, it’s a felony to have an open flame on a plane.

So, our little stylistically-challenged felon has no desire to even attempt an actual look, but just throws random crap together constantly and likely is biding her time until her Mom sees the credit card bill from Apple.

Let’s just hope Mommy gets a call about unusual cc activity tonight; I don’t want to look at a 1st place doll wearing the bloody Carrie dress for “Around the World.” 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1