🗳️ SYS -9/5/19 - Theme: World Traveler (Happy Birthday Kalinda!🎂

Comments

• MiyuriMiyuri Registered Users, Member 287 Posts
    I overslept and missed my ticket this morning…… I submitted as soon as I woke up but it means my 14th ticket will be issued 5 minutes after the event ends, nooooooo… :'(:'(:'( I have never bought tickets but I would buy one to finish IF IT DIDN'T COST ME MY DAILY VIDEOS!!! Seriously, Glu, what a dumb commercial move…!
    I did pretty much ok this SYS and I was well on track to getting the last item: I only needed an average of 34 for my last 4 looks, which was doable. But now with only 3 tickets, I need to get 46 on all of them and that's not a common occurence for me. I've got 3 looks at 46 and over. Should I just do a repeat of these?

I tried looking at what worked well for the other dolls on the forum but I'm a newer player and I don't have a lot of clothing yet, especially all those long coat looks… I could copy what @LostInAnImage did with her look with the beige short dress where she removed the typical "travel" items (previous page), but I don't know if this would work as well for me… Or maybe one of these? Which ones do you think would score better?

The last one isn't really travel-friendly but I think recent items tend to do pretty well with the voters?
    Or… full-on gowns???
    🇫🇷 in 🇰🇷
    Platform: iPadOS 17.2
    Current level: 93
  • LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    @Scarletkkh Thank you!

And in the event the scores for your gorgeous looks haven’t allowed you to reach the dress yet, I wish you the same luck!

(Although it looks like you started getting appropriately consistent high scores after the super weird start, so I’m guessing you’ve either reached it or are close? Either way, you always objectively deserve the prizes and 1st place, so I hope that reflects the reality). :) 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited September 2019
    @Miyuri This is only my anecdotal experience, but every time I’ve tried to later exactly replicate a look that did very well earlier, the scores are always lower.

Not enough saved data (by me) to do an actual
    statistical analysis, so my 5 AM theory that you didn’t ask for is the following:

The lowering of repeated scores occurs due to the peer/popularity-based nature of the event, which results in it always transforming several times throughout its duration; people are voting based on what they have seen is the popular selection, and so you see these mass trends take over for some hours as everyone replicates a look and then eventually it’s inundated so much of the voting booth that people totally turn against it. 

For example, when this event first started, EVERYONE was wearing, and voting for, the khaki dress from last week.

Then they got even more entrenched in clothing that’s only within the color scheme found immediately beneath the earth’s surface by revitalizing the horror of the khaki polka dot dress.

Then, some hours later, everyone suddenly was wearing, and selecting, all dolls wearing that free gray snakeskin dress, which is also weird. (No judgement, I totally did it too, haha). 

So now as of today, I’m not seeing any of those three endorsed as the popular vote. However, people are still largely rejecting gowns, unless it’s up against a doll that’s just wearing some horrible free GB dress or pantsuit and inexplicably sporting that choppy mullet we were all forced to receive/gifted, depending on if you’re talking to a player or Glu.

(Point being, sometimes you just have to go for the lesser of two evils, and people are seemingly anti-gown at this juncture).  Hopefully I didn’t confuse you further! 

Edit: Oops, forgot to actually pick a look: I think #1, the yellow sundress, should do very well. That’s my selection but perhaps different shoes? Additionally, the hair and the white skirt, in particular, from look #3, always seemingly do well.
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • ScarletkkhScarletkkh Registered Users 830 Posts
    edited September 2019
    @LostInAnImage I was 39 points away from the dress so I used an extra ticket. Even with my terrible start I managed to get first on the ts, I have my 2 free tickets for the event left (IF I can manage to stay awake till 10pm to use my last free ticket), thats mainly the reason why I used an extra ticket. Then I have one more extra ticket. I might use it as well to secure my place In ts, some people might think thats wrong of me but I really want the hair🤦‍♀️, I think I deserve the hair, I have a very chill ts group, im very blessed. Oh I just want to mention that I got first in ts WITHOUT my extra ticket that I used😂 I just want to add that I think EVERYONE who plays the game deserve to win all the prizes, even trendsetters. I dont like the idea of trendsetters at all. Everyone should have a fair chance of getting it.
    edited September 2019
    @Scarletkkh I don’t think it’s wrong at all, primarily because the option to buy an endless quantity of tickets is an official part of the event; it’s incorporated within the SYS so it’s not like the players are cheating.

It’s not cheating anymore than Glu offering all players the opportunity to purchase a trio of VIP subscriptions, wherein subsequently the people who can afford to spend $50/month on a MOBILE APP ABOUT CLOTHES (who are these people?!) will inevitably have a better gaming experience than those players that aren’t apparently floating around in endless piles of excess cash that they think the Kardashian Klan needs more than them. 😂

Further, I think the actual reason you used one (basically insurance in the event you can’t submit all 14 looks in the allotted time
    otherwise resultant of the human that’s developing inside of you), is a very logical reason to have the option to buy tickets—but it has to be capped at like three, I think. They lock our clothes, but not the tickets. It’s just such a blatant means of trying to extort the maximum profit possible while their game is still viable. 

So, personally, I have switched course with regard to blaming ticket buyers—what wrong can anyone allege they have they committed? In fact, they’re playing the game exactly as the company intended. It’s all on Glu. Their policies. Our money. Rinse and repeat. 

Edit: Also, everyone on this forum knows you submit amazing looks. You put time and thought into them, and it’s obvious. You wouldn’t throw money at something due to laziness or trolling. You’re not the type of player that just submits 20 tickets for giggles, vacillating between “looks” consisting of reindeer ears, bikinis and the earnable dress they did not earn (I.e., #2 in my TS group). 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    @Miyuri Forgot to add more opinions to force you to read!

For one of the looks, it might be worth it to try a lighter lip shade. People may not even realize why they don’t like something, but I’ve personally observed a consistent pattern of much lower scores for dark lips than nude/pink ones. It may not hold true for all (or even most) dolls but it definitely negatively impacts mine every time. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • fishtalkfishtalk Registered Users, Member 35 Posts

I take my guts to try out other pattern and this surprise me 😅😅 lucky still over 40s 🥰
  • AreysAreys Registered Users, Member 466 Posts
    @fishtalk all of your looks are amazing 🤩 I love them, you should share them more often!
    iOS
    ✧⊰ Add me here! ⊱✧
    🏳️‍🌈
    edited September 2019
    @nubcake The rhinoplasty (or "deviated septum surgery," as every single celebrity mysteriously suffers from) is great; very tasteful work (in all seriousness, it really does look good, your doll’s face looks more sculpted overall, IMO). 

The only possible "negative" from the first to second look (and this is SUPER nitpicky, but it's the only thing I noticed that is slightly off in the second iteration, and that's the mixing of metals, albeit in very small quantities).

Meaning, the first look had a purse that had a gold design which perfectly completed the gold button/detailing on the outfit. But in the second, you have a distinctly silver purse accompanying said gold buttons. 

That's all I can think of, and I really doubt anyone but myself even noticed such a trivial detail. But I'm sharing because you never know; there could be more of us "Monica Gellers" out there, god forbid. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • MiyuriMiyuri Registered Users, Member 287 Posts
    @LostInAnImage Thank you for your advice! I changed the shoes for the sundress to lighter sandals (both in weight and color), I hope it turns out OK. I didn't see your comment about the lip color before submitting but I will be aware of that for the next ones… It's the color we just got in the VIP event so my doll has been wearing it and I didn't think about changing it to something more neutral (even though I added gloss, since it's what I see most dolls wearing in the voting booth… not sure it matters as much as the color though ^^)
    As for repeating looks, yes, I've seen people do this, in this thread even, and come up with very different results, which is why I was a bit wary of doing it (also, out of principle, I try to avoid repeating looks, as I had to do this a lot in the beginning when I had no clothes and I hated it, haha). But I'm desperate to reach the last prize: losing it because I didn't wake up is so stupid!!! :s I think you're right, the trends in the voting booth change quickly (I did pick the snakeskin dress because I saw it there and it did well), so I'll do a big round of voting before my last 2 looks to see what's popular at that time and hopefully, it's in my closet and I can use it!
    🇫🇷 in 🇰🇷
    Platform: iPadOS 17.2
    Current level: 93
    Thank you @LostInAnImage , im just so scared to mention the phrase "I used an extra ticket"😂. The sys will be perfect if they take away the TS completely, and reduce the points to earn the last prize. It is a fun event but I dont think its a fair event, you have to depend on other people to win the prizes, and not everyone has the same taste, for example you can post a look thats totally on theme and go up against someone that is off theme but their outfit looks more appealing to the voter, so who gets the vote.. the off theme outfit. And getting some extra rewards for voting for the popular pick is also not nice, most of the time the popular pick is the off theme look, so you even get rewarded for that😂. Thats just insanely unfair. Please excuse my grammer and spelling mistakes🤦‍♀️
    @Miyuri Good luck! I hope to hear you were properly appreciated by the voters :) 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    @fishtalk I love that look⭐️😍 Congrats on the score🥳

This is the look i made with my extra ticket. My next free ticket is in an hour, meaning my last free ticket will be around 10pm, I want to try and wait up till then but im not sure if I will make it😂
  • KortyKorty Registered Users 360 Posts
    Looks 9-12 
    look 10 was inspired by some gorgeous dolls who posted earlier, but it didn’t do too well for me, I guess the hair with earmuffs wasn’t that cute. 
    Also, I now think that in look 12 my doll should have worn leggings or pantyhose, the nude legs are not elegant, right? 

Something (sort of) funny happened to me this morning: I was watching my free daily video when my father rang just in the middle of one... well at the end of the phone call I never got my K star 😤 🙄
    Did anyone experience that before???? LOL 
    Daily iOS player since July 2014
    From Italy 🇮🇹🍕🍝
  • EmCharlotteEmCharlotte Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    @Korty I actually really love look 10! I adore that jacket and I think the earmuffs look really cute!  And look 11, I like how it is all put together and coordinated but is different and a bit edgy at the same time! The matching shades of pink really pull together all the items you chose!! (I’m a sucker for things that match!)
    Let’s be friends - Emmy KKH on FB. I play on iOS 🤍
    @Scarletkkh your doll is rocking that lip colour, it’s wonderful!! And all your looks are on point (as usual!!!) 🦄
    @Areys @Scarletkkh thanks dolls 😘😘 I was really nervous after I submit it... now I want experience new patterns. Hope it will score over 40s to reach the final dress 🤞🏻🤞🏻
    Thank you so much @EmCharlotte . I can not stop using that lip colour, even though it doesnt even match the outfit😂
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts

I am glad my last few looks did well! It is a weird combo of that floral hat with like a trench or a coat with luggages that hit a sweet spot with the voters. 

And I am really loving the floral outfit! 
    IOS Player 
    Ahhh @TrashleyKKH I love that pink look in the middle 😍 and the hair you’ve paired with the earnable outfit is beautiful! Your looks definitely deserve those fantastic scores! 💯
  • SarahardeySarahardey Registered Users, Member 67 Posts

Looks 9-12. Completely forgot to switch up the hairstyle. Not mad at myself though i love this hair.
    @TrashleyKKH your look always amazing and gorgeous... and always hit 50s I’m so jealous with that 😂😂 
  • KortyKorty Registered Users 360 Posts
    @Korty I actually really love look 10! I adore that jacket and I think the earmuffs look really cute!  And look 11, I like how it is all put together and coordinated but is different and a bit edgy at the same time! The matching shades of pink really pull together all the items you chose!! (I’m a sucker for things that match!)
    Thank you @EmCharlotte 🥰
    Daily iOS player since July 2014
    From Italy 🇮🇹🍕🍝
  • pilirositolampilirositolam Registered Users, Member 1,063 Posts
    Just got the dress!! I have been having fun styling my doll, I still have two looks to go ✌🏽 the only annoying part is the ticket buyer in my group 🙄

I just created a fb account for my doll! Her in-game (iOS) name is Francesca. Add me: https://m.facebook.com/francesca.kkh.5?ref=bookmarks 🧚🏼‍♀️✨💞
  • AbbeymaeAbbeymae Registered Users, Member 761 Posts
    Ummmm... well I’m in first but I won’t get the last earnable 
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Latet looks did good 😄

Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    edited September 2019
    @EmCharlotte thanks, doll! But my looks are mostly inspired by the forum dolls like yourself! 

@fishtalk Thanks for your kind words! Your looks deserve more votes for sure but it does seem the exact look can sometimes get over 50 and also 30 depending on the voters. Don’t be too hard on yourself and have fun with the theme! 
    IOS Player 
  • Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    I have a question... this male doll is first since yesterday, does it mean that the second doll (which is me for now) will get the 1st place trendsetters prizes ? I really don't understand, I wish they were separate SYS Event for male because this is frustrating. No offense to the player, but he's not gonna get the dress and the hairstyle obviously...

🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• AbbeymaeAbbeymae Registered Users, Member 761 Posts
    Honestly some of these disagrees are stupid