🗳️ SYS -9/12/19 - Theme: Runway Model

Comments

• LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited September 2019
    @kokokokonut I modeled for a bit in my teens, and when modeling for runway shows, all you are allowed to have on is a nude colored thong, period.

Like, if you show up with even a hint of body lotion on you, or a white thong, you’ll get thrown out of the show and replaced with someone else.

Unless you’re Kendall Jenner, models are always replaceable, but the designers clothing isn’t. We’d even have to put silk scarves over our entire head while doing three second outfit changes, because if a smudge of lipstick wound up on a 10,000 wedding gown, then you’d be stuck paying the designer back so long you’d never get to even have the possibility of experiencing an actual wedding yourself, lol. 

But yes, Kim’s new shapeline is called SKIMS. :) She reportedly made several million within the first few minutes! 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    Rikk said:
    The TS hair looks like a girl that desperately needs a haircut but freaks out when hairdressers try to trim her scraggly dead ends...

I like the earnables! 💕

A hahahahah you just described me 😭🤣 that’s deff my hair! I need it but guess what? I won’t get it 😭
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos Time to countdown to the SYS by watching compilations of every contestant thats ever fallen on ANTM. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    Im here to say i love @SisSnappedLikeThanos. That is all. Also I'm excited to have a gown appropriate SYS, seeing as I'm seeing the Jonas Brothers (inner pit tickets) Friday and I can tell you I won't be getting anything done. 
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    KKHLucy said:
    Rikk said:
    The TS hair looks like a girl that desperately needs a haircut but freaks out when hairdressers try to trim her scraggly dead ends...

I like the earnables! 💕

A hahahahah you just described me 😭🤣 that’s deff my hair! I need it but guess what? I won’t get it 😭
    Lol your styling is amazing though! I’m sending lots of good luck your way! 
    edited September 2019
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos Time to countdown to the SYS by watching compilations of every contestant thats ever fallen on ANTM. 
    Remember when they made them walk in those huge inflatable balls while balancing on a narrow platform...over a pool? wtf!

I’ve seen every season multiple times and it only recently occurred to me how awful and exploitative the show was 😂 I can’t reconcile my love for it ethically but still love it! lol. My ex was watching an ANTM marathon on TV with me once and actually teared up upon seeing the infamous “we were all rooting for you!” speech for the first time 😂
    @Msjagger68 I’m living for Tyra in a headwrap! She loved to recommend that hunch pose to the voluptuous girls 😂
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    @evilhag I love the Jonas brothers!! I just saw them a few weeks ago and it was sooo good!!
  • JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    @Rikk omg i went in one of those balls a long time ago and it is a LOT harder than it looks lol. them in the giant ball is amazing compared to me tirelessly crawling inside while slipping around lmao
    iOS platform
  • Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    Omg! I LOVE the hair. I wish Glu would get rid of the option to buy tickets. After all, it's SYS and what's the point of ranking players looks when someone who buys extra tickets will get the top spot? But Glu will probably not take my suggestion. Sigh.
    Miss Jay is all of us 😂
    edited September 2019
    @Rikk You have described my cognitive dissonance perfectly as it relates to my decade (or more?!) of watching these girls break their ankles and get their heads shaved for our amusement.

Like, the show started out pretty legit in terms of modeling. But then the stunts just kept escalating to where it was way more reality show than modeling, and thats when these girls really began to go through hell on national television.

But then again, the majority behave in such an absurd manner that it’s hard to empathize too much. I mean, that girl who wore a diaper and peed in it WON the ALLSTAR season! You can’t convince me there is any modeling component left at that point. Not that I stopped watching. Sooo....
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Oh, @Rikk, you’re the first person I can tell this story to that might be even mildly impressed, lol. When I was in my last year of undergrad, so 2014 (I think ) I randomly met Ann, the really tall girl from the first high fashion season with ALT, at a bar in nowhere Denton, TX. She was living there and bartending after WINNING ANTM...
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited September 2019
    But a lot of other girls (usually 1st and 2nd runner up, and sometimes even one of the earlier girls eliminated) have been extremely successful internationally with modeling. In fact, one who came in like 8th or something, the one with vitiligo, has been walking during this NYFW, and is even the face of a huge designer. However, the winner basically never establishes a career because it’s fixed (Covergirl chose the winner in the very beginning of each season, which is why the winners were always the commercial looking ones sans the few “high fashion seasons”). But a lot of the non-commercial looking ones are actually killing it; even the runner up from season 1 is insanely successful internationally. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Rikk said:
    @Msjagger68 I’m living for Tyra in a headwrap! She loved to recommend that hunch pose to the voluptuous girls 😂
    😂 😂😂, TyTy was a hot mess on that show! She had the girls doing all types of over the top, unrealistic fashion shows! This is one of my personal favorites:

To be fair, Tyra had done some insane catwalks before. However, she is one of the biggest supermodels of all time. The first black woman on the cover of SI. So even among supermodels, shes exceptional.

So, she can’t expect amateur models to have the abilities she had, and they basically had those expectations within a week of the girls’ screaming subsided after having been chosen. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    @Rikk thank you ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Sending you good luck and good vibes 
    TRENDSETTERS

Are those newspaper print shoes?? Does that mean we getting the newspaper print skirt that I asked for???? 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
    Omg it just dawned on me how many years of Miss Jay gifs exist.

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited September 2019
    Throwback to Kim doing a runway show in 2008:

2007:

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited September 2019
    Okay, even if you are this beautiful: NEVER do this on a runway! I’m cringing a bit. 😂

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited September 2019
    She only made it ho and forgot about the fashion. Tyra would go off on her. 😂

REALLY? Someone disagrees? Have you EVER watched a single runway show?

I have both watched, and modeled in, hundreds and I have never, ever witnessed anything akin to this:

My god, some of you need a sense of humor about Kim, especially since the game itself makes fun of her frequently. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited September 2019
    Still disagree? 😂

Cause I promise it gets worse, she wound up all the way on the floor. So I can keep going much longer than you’ll find beneficial for your cause. 

She's a human being, sometimes she does embarrassing stuff; we all do. The need to deify a total stranger simply because of their status is just sad.

Ans I mean, come on, this is just objectively funny. It looks like her very first time walking. And I don’t just mean on the runway. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    @evilhag @alyssa123 I love Jonas Brothers too, I’m gonna see them in February (on Valentine’s Day 😆)... even if I’m not into that music anymore I had to make my 10 yo dream come true 
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

edited September 2019
    STOP EVERYTHING. The horrible parent-teacher conference jumpsuit that we’re forced to accept and keep was once worn by KIM?

My mind is blown. Like two days ago, if that, I told @SisSnappedLikeThanos that someone should specifically let Kim know about what this horrific pantsuit in her game looks like. Turns out it made it to the game from HER kloset! I’m still shocked. 

Did everybody else know about this?! Damn. She’s come a very long way in terms of style. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Aww, Kylie’s first ever time on the runway, modeling for Avril Lavigne. Crazy she’s a mom now!

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    But a lot of other girls (usually 1st and 2nd runner up, and sometimes even one of the earlier girls eliminated) have been extremely successful internationally with modeling. In fact, one who came in like 8th or something, the one with vitiligo, has been walking during this NYFW, and is even the face of a huge designer. However, the winner basically never establishes a career because it’s fixed (Covergirl chose the winner in the very beginning of each season, which is why the winners were always the commercial looking ones sans the few “high fashion seasons”). But a lot of the non-commercial looking ones are actually killing it; even the runner up from season 1 is insanely successful internationally. 
    I think Winnie Harlow and one of the winners TeyOna Anderson have said in interviews that it is hard for them to get jobs and taken seriously by booking agents because they are viewed as reality show stars vs models. 

And Jeana ( the bald model from one the recent cycles) openly said that one of the producers literally like to stir drama for those dramatic moments. 

Antm have unfortunately change it format into a “Big Brother” esque reality show rather than about budding models fighting for the title of “top model”. 
    IOS Player