🗳️ SYS -9/12/19 - Theme: Runway Model

Comments

• LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited September 2019
    She looks super gorgeous during this runway, but that styling is straight up Jersey Shore (it was 2008; we all thought we looked good):

But she’s so pretty and exotic here, she seriously reminds me of Jasmine from “Aladdin” (animated; no clue what the live-action Jasmine looks like). 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    I used to love Jonas Brothers when I was in elementary & middle school 🤣 I was obsessed with them! I’m into different music now but I hope you all have fun!
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
    edited September 2019
    @TrashleyKKH Yeah that makes sense then that those who do go onto model professionally basically only achieve success overseas (Thailand, Korea, Eastern Europe, etc) where they aren’t known as a reality star and can be taken seriously. I know Fatima, Elyse and Winnie (thanks for reminding me of her name)! have all had a lot of success internationally, but not really here at all, with Winnie having actually been the greatest outlier in terms of work (although she really was a pretty big deal at NYFW this year; there’s even tons of articles about her right now in the media, albeit the fashion component solely). 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Goddamn, seeing the Kardashians vintage faces and butts is a freakin trip
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    edited September 2019
    GLU are you not going to give us back the option to earn k stars by watching videos and do offers? You have ignored all my questions to why this is gone. We need a response! I havent had the option since your newest update! There is no way for me to earn k stars right now

@KalindaKing @eggsandbananas @GluAdmin
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    I want that clutch so bad 😭
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

@Katinkae Kalinda posted a comment somewhere saying they’re looking into it 😊
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • KimsBestieKimsBestie Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    I want that clutch so bad 😭
    That hair 🙈
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Just under 8 1/2 hours Dolls.   I can’t wait.  Our lives will go into 6 hour mode, which includes about 2 hours of worrying and obsessing for every 6.  Lol.  <3.   Happy Thursday Dolls.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    @elettrahere Thanks for telling me! 😃 I have checked everywhere but maybe I missed her comment 😬
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Suri_MaddenSuri_Madden Registered Users, Member 560 Posts
    Ooh, I can’t wait!!! Thursdays became my favourite day of the week recently 😜
    ~ iOS player ~
    Dolls what do you think about submitting looks with handheld drinks? I need opinionssss pleaseeee 
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • AmzaAmza Registered Users 108 Posts
    @elettrahere handheld drinks are uncommon on the runway😜 I think the safer option would be clutch bags or handbags but again we don't know what the voters are going to agree or disagree with🤦‍♀️
    @amza exactly! I’m probably gonna dye all of my clutches 🤣
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
    @elettrahere I’m with @amza, in terms of handhelds it’s really kind of down to purses, clutches and the new luggage. 

However, if you have any auras, you could always use one as appropriate, since in reality each runway show has a specific theme that usually has at least minimal props on/in the stage/background.

But otherwise, models aren’t generally overwhelmed with items because they need to be able to show all components of the outfit (e.g., by taking a jacket off, twirling a skirt to show a train, etc). So hands tend to be free; it’s hard to hold a cocktail and unbutton a blazer at the end of the runway 😛.

The only semi-common exceptions I can think of that we have in the game are maybe umbrellas, which get used with long coats and such during fall shows, or even the LGBT flag (there were tons of overt political statements being made by the designers this year; it’s not usually quite so blatant but it’s always somewhat expected with fashion). 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I would pretty much think drinks aren't going to add votes, the other things mentioned....clutches are good.  things that fit the outfit....depending on your dress/outfit  the bag of fruit as a prop could work.  If you were all in pink fluff and took the perfume bottle it would get my vote...things like that plus the auras I would use the head sparkle, the hearts, the bubbles, and the confetti.  I don't know about leaves or other outdoor things. This is just my opinion, but  I just think this is a good opportunity for us to try and branch out.  Or, we'll all be in gowns with champagne by the 3rd round about 9pm edt.  lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Oh, @Rikk, you’re the first person I can tell this story to that might be even mildly impressed, lol. When I was in my last year of undergrad, so 2014 (I think ) I randomly met Ann, the really tall girl from the first high fashion season with ALT, at a bar in nowhere Denton, TX. 
    Omg I can’t believe you met Ann! I thought she seemed so genuine and cool...although I felt so bad for Chelsea — she really wanted to win!
    edited September 2019
    @Rikk Yeah she was really cool and totally willing to answer all my endless questions, hah. She was really shy but I actually am too, so we just kind of awkwardly didn’t make eye contact. 

Edit: Oh, and yeah, even though Ann’s pictures were by far the best, it wasn’t really her passion (hence her being by my campus in a college bar a few years after winning the title of “America’s next top model,” lol). She did still have an agency that represented her at the time we met at least, but actually working full time as a model apparently just didn’t seem like the right fit for her. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts
    @LostInAnImage so thats Jasmine ❤ I love her

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

@kkh_clarice Wow, both she and her entire ensemble are stunning! Was the movie good? I was scared to see it because I’m convinced every Hollywood director wants to personally ruin all my favorite books and childhood movies. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Oh, and then the more eccentric designers will sometimes use animals in their show. Like, I’ve seen a “birds of paradise” theme at least a couple times where the models were basically dressed as peacocks and had birds on their shoulders or on top of their hair. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    @elettrahere I don’t think they’re on theme so I won’t use them 😊
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @elettrahere I won’t use them. But if I see a champagne flute with a long cocktail dress I would mind. 
    IOS Player 
    And while she has now already amazingly dethroned Gisele to become the world’s highest paid supermodel by her early 20’s, here is Kendall’s very first runway show at the age of 15:

Pretty clear she was born to do this. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @LostInAnImage @Rikk I love Ann and how bias and in love Andre Leon Talley was with her. 😂 that was a good cycle, they wore Missoni ( and nearly pass out from the heat ) they had casting at Versace, they walk for Cavalli, quite a sensational season. 
    IOS Player 
    @LostInAnImage @Rikk I love Ann and how bias and in love Andre Leon Talley was with her. 😂 that was a good cycle, they wore Missoni ( and nearly pass out from the heat ) they had casting at Versace, they walk for Cavalli, quite a sensational season. 
    Yes! The photoshoots were fantastic. And the photographers they worked with, it was people of such caliber as Patrick Demarchelier (who I think since has come out to be a predator, but at the time he was just an iconic old man you couldn’t understand).

I remember Carolina Herrera being in one episode as well, because Chelsea was the only one who knew who she was and she freaked. And yeah, the winner getting the spread in Vogue Italia? That’s way better than covergirl, albeit not nearly as lucrative 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Truthfully, you can make probably the most money doing non-prestigious but very ubiquitous commercial crap like sears catalogs, because the work is constant. But then you're a sears model. So. 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Right, I won’t be submitting handheld drinks. How about the camera? Since I have it in 3 colors 🤣
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
    edited September 2019

(This is six years ago and for teens, but I lowkey want both outfits).
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1