Suspecting a glitch in sys

dotti_hdotti_h Registered Users, Member 614 Posts
So the problem is that I suspect that my and many other people's dolls don't reach as many voters as they are supposed to do. I believe that there is a possibility that we have a glitch in our games... 
In the one week long SYS sytem I used to get 48-55 votes, finishing 1st or 2nd without exception. Now I and many others can barely reachy 35 votes. I was 14th last week in trendsetter, now I am currently 9th.
It is weird after so many weeks that I never get a decent vote even though the outfits are the same that used to get 55 or that get 55 now for other people. 
Anyone else having this problem here?
Prev1

Comments

• Suri_MaddenSuri_Madden Registered Users, Member 560 Posts
    dotti_h said:
    So the problem is that I suspect that my and many other people's dolls don't reach as many voters as they are supposed to do. I believe that there is a possibility that we have a glitch in our games... 
    In the one week long SYS sytem I used to get 48-55 votes, finishing 1st or 2nd without exception. Now I and many others can barely reachy 35 votes. I was 14th last week in trendsetter, now I am currently 9th.
    It is weird after so many weeks that I never get a decent vote even though the outfits are the same that used to get 55 or that get 55 now for other people. 
    Anyone else having this problem here?
    Exactly the same here, although I thought I’m just getting worse at styling or I’m just unlucky with voters 😜
    ~ iOS player ~
  • dotti_hdotti_h Registered Users, Member 614 Posts
    @PlantWitch what happened to the boxes this weekend? I wasn't reading the forum 😓
    I am sure that I was not paired up with a better looking doll for all the last 42 looks I've submitted. 
  • PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    @dotti_h An unusually high number of players had an issue with only having two event items (usually only the accessories) in their giftboxes which is extremely strange. 
    Oh and I totally agree that it's seems a little unlikely to be paired against a better dressed doll that many times, plus you're having issues reaching 40 points, it's strange. You could pm Kalinda and see if she could help.
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
    In my sys group there is this lovely doll that was 2 points ahead of me. We submitted new look at more
    or less same time. Mine got 37 (inspired by look from the forum that got 49) and hers only 20ish. It’s been an hour and she still is 22 points below me, which is impossible, as her look is great. Not sure what’s happening but I also don’t believe that this is normal 🙄
    ~ iOS player ~
  • Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    I don't know if this is a glitch or not but I agree. When the SYS Events were a week long, I usually scored between 40-48 with every looks. I always managed to get to the top 3, sometimes I was first.

Now, I can barely reach 40, even with gowns that reached 48 some months ago. It's also super frustrating now that I barely reach the top 5 and the last earnable. Something is definetely weird.
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

@KalindaKing could you check on this issue? :/ I am not complaining because I don't do well, I would accept that, but we feel that this is not normal at this point. 😬
  • daphnekkhdaphnekkh Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Also have been having the same problem!!!
  • Julia88Julia88 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I have the same issue, especially in this SYS, it's kinda strange to me when I submit an outfit and it gets 38 and then I see a screenshot of a forum girl getting 55 for almost the same outfit
    I play on Android
    Also it would be interesting to know if it only happens to those who have never made a purchase yet. Maybe we are "encouraged" this way to buy tickets for real money?🙄 
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    edited September 2019
    @Julia88 I have the exact same problem! I have 38 votes in almost all of my looks, but when I scroll through the forum I see other doll's outfits almost identical as mine and they are getting like 55 votes😞 I know it may be because my doll isn't as pretty, but I swear some of the outfits are the same... For example the one in the screenshot.. I just dont get it😓
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
    dotti_h said:
    Also it would be interesting to know if it only happens to those who have never made a purchase yet. Maybe we are "encouraged" this way to buy tickets for real money?🙄 
    I’ve made several purchases, so that’s not it. I’ve got today 30 points on my look - I’ve never gotten such a low score. It wasn’t the best one but come one, totally on theme! 😁
    ~ iOS player ~
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    Same happening here and I'm also suspecting something changed. All of my are scoring 37 or so, no matter what I submit, it's very strange. Btw, I've never made a purchase.
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Tomorrow we can ask the Gods to check this out.  I sent in the link to the thread just to double hit it.  :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @kokokokonut thank you! 💜
    ~ iOS player ~
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I'll ask the team to check the event when we're back in the studio.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    @KalindaKing can you talk to them about the odds of giftbox please
    I ended up again not even being close to the last prize ☹️ So sad
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I asked the team about this today and the event is working properly. I'm sorry that you've struggled in some of the recent Show Your Style events with low scores. Your scores reflect how the voters reacted to your looks. If you're concerned about something specific in your game, like hackers or if you submitted a look and the votes didn't count towards your score, then you can send me a PM with your ID.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • thelifeofRaeRaethelifeofRaeRae Registered Users, Member 1,361 Posts
    Oh I am glad I saw this thread! I ended in 7th this week and did not finish the SYS event for the first time ever... I never scored higher than 42 this week, even when i copied looks from dolls here who scored 50+. I didn't really care because I didn't like the T$ or earnable prizes, but it is definitely concerning that others had the same issue. I wonder if next week will be better for us, fingers crossed! 
    iOS user
    #VIPKalinda
    I think it might be bc of the get this look :) they want my item, I dont get a vote but the game counts it as it was shown to enough people. 
    dotti_h said:
    I think it might be bc of the get this look :) they want my item, I dont get a vote but the game counts it as it was shown to enough people. 
    I thought the same thing, is there anyone that can confirm this? 🙏
    ~ iOS player ~
  • VioletDreamsVioletDreams Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    I have a couple of theories about this

1 is that voters are getting bored and voting for dolls without looking just to earn rewards faster, i.e. always voting for the doll on the left (or right). The popular vote at this point is so all over the place that it wouldn't even take you that much longer to get to the reward.
    The get this look button would worsen this effect because people who use coveted items won't get votes from the people actually paying attention as easily because they might press "get this look" instead of voting.

2 is that hackers and people who have multiple accounts are somehow finding a way to look for and vote for their own dolls.

3 is that it is purely glu trying to coax people into buying tickets
    Sage | The Ginger One | Level 47 | Android
  • kkhaddictkkhaddict Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Yes, and I've also wondered how many times the look is shown to voters? The most votes I've seen anyone have is 58 votes, what would the maximum be?
  • SmuckiesSmuckies Registered Users, Member 582 Posts
    @kkhaddict I don’t think it’s ever been officially confirmed by Glu, but I think the general consensus is the maximum vote is 60, your look is paired up 20 times with 3 players. 
    iOS player since July 2014 
    edited October 2019
    Since now we are only at the 2nd submission and the first 3 dolls already bought tickets (260, 280 and 550 votes) and my game is still glitching I think I will stop playing SYS. I have no chance and I won't pay for this 👎🏻👎🏻 And it is ridiculous that I get 28 votes at level 36 while I got 45 at level 21 with no outfits. I am tired of this bullshit
  • nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    I have a theory y'all, hear me out. 

I played a long time ago (2016/2017) and then stopped for a couple years, before starting again this summer. So I don't know what SYS was like more recently, like a few months ago just before they changed it to being weekly. But from what I gather, as of late we have had more casual SYS themes, and people are no longer just spamming gowns for these casual events. 

SYS has been made significantly easier for new players for the following reasons:  
    - there are a ton more cute viable kash options when it comes to casual wear -- for example, the camo jacket for 9500 kash performed really well for the amusement park SYS. With a gown event, a new player can only submit really basic looking maxi dresses that can't hold a candle to fancy stuff like the NYE gown. Not to mention, clutches and handhelds are basically non-options for new players whereas casual events can even allow daily box tote bags to get decent scores. 
    - more frequent SYS events have allowed newbies to collect more clothes. Sure it's not a full outfit like it was previously, but getting a new jacket or dress (first tier earnable) every week is far more helpful to new players than getting 1 dress + accessories once a month or whatever. 
    - dyes allow more clothes to be reused -- if a newbie has only one very nice gown, with the latest patch it can now be dyed into NINE different colours! That's ten different dresses to wear, she can basically get through the whole weekend with just one dress!

Remember that the average score is 30/60. Every time you get a 50, some other players must have lost a combined total of 20. It's just that now, new players have a much more level playing ground, so simply wearing a nice gown isn't going to get you the same scores as before because you're no longer getting free votes when being matched against 175 kash kloset dresses.

In conclusion -- more free stuff means a more narrow distribution of scores, and more dolls will fall closer to the average score of 30. Thanks for coming to my TED talk 💁🏻‍♀️
    Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
    Oh one more thing -- someone else posted that apparently, your doll gets matched with 3 other dolls and each matchup gets presented 20 times. I don't know if this is true, but that would explain why the votes for a look can vary wildly. If one of your matchups was against a doll with a REALLY popular look, your score suffers. It would make way more sense for your doll to be matched with 60 random, different dolls, but maybe that would be too much work to change ... who knows. 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited October 2019
    The problem is the event isn't designed to let you win with an average score. 
    edited October 2019
    @soundspretty I agree, I think the last earnable should be lowered to 475 or 500 votes. For a lot of people, reaching the last earnable is harder than getting top 5 trendsetters... 

Also I didn't mean to say that others didn't know their scores were above average, my post was more to explain why scores are falling closer to the average. It's not a glitch, it's just newbies making better looks. I'd edit my original post but it's really long and it might get auto-modded and deleted if I edit it 😅