🗳️ SYS -10/24/19 - Theme: Award Show Host 🏆

Comments

• OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    @jhabs but stars aren’t free, and now that people can’t watch videos it’s even harder to get enough to play kollections or vips without real money 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    How can you say no one is entitled to first place? If that person gets the highest score in their group (only counting the 14 tickets we get), then of course they are entitled to first place. If you pay for SMC, FG and Kollections you are not taking away anything from another player so you cant really put it against each other. 
    Yeah I completely agree except that by adding ticket buying as an option, glu are making it so that it’s not only 14 tickets that count which is the problem. 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    Despite being 200 points down earlier, I caught up and managed to get the hair I really wanted with just one ticket 🥳🎉

Overall scored 654 points over 13 looks, best average ever! Highest, lowest and fave:

To the 2nd place doll that submitted 5 looks in the last hour: 

Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
  • nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    edited October 2019
    As for my two cents on the ticket buying problem, I got a ton of disagrees last time but here's the problem from my point of view: k-stars are way too expensive! For the price of a 12-pack of tickets you can get like 90 k-stars. The heck you gonna buy with that? Two bundles of energy/event points from the weekend box? 1/3rd of a Korkov dress? I'm not saying ticket buying is the right thing to do but it's not the most ridiculously expensive relative to the other things in this game. 
    Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
  • AbbeymaeAbbeymae Registered Users, Member 761 Posts
    Came in 1st for the first time in months 😁😁😁💗💗💗
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    @Ohemilie I’m one of those people who use the term steal/take and I use it because that is how I feel, I feel robbed when a ticket buyer shows up and surpass me even if they play by the rules, from my point of view using extra tickets it’s unfair and I’m angry at glu because they allows it but people have free will and chose to buy tickets so it’s not 100% glu’s fault...
    That said I’m not arguing with you but as I use these terms I wanted to explain why ✌🏼💕
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• kkh_Krissykkh_Krissy Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    @kkh_Krissy I should be able to submit them next week..
    That would be awesome, thank you! ❤❤
  • Chloè_KKHChloè_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    @Calantha hey I didn't know you were on this forum too! Loved all your looks! You deserved the first place 😊
    Android
  • VioletDreamsVioletDreams Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    dpeters said:
    I guess the problem is that they decided to name it Trendsetters and the competition is waaaaay far from rewarding the doll with the best style and instead rewards, in the majority of cases, the doll that spends the most.
    I don't want to be negative but I have a feeling this week's SYS will end up in a thread full of unacknowledged complaints, a lot of people feeling upset and Glu's pockets filled with the money of those who will be willing to fight for the angel costume so I'm really not looking forward to it.
    While I agree with what you're saying, "style" will always be subjective and generally what gets the most votes is what's considered conventionally attractive and not whatever is the most fashion forward. I've seen some amazing unique looks absolutely tank because it's not what everyone's putting out.
    For me personally my favorite looks don't usually score that well.

I agree that ticket buyers are frustrating but even without them it's not necessarily the doll with the best style that wins.
    Sage | The Ginger One | Level 47 | Android
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Just checking back to see the answer from Glu regarding the doll with the TS items on submissions. Bot or Hacker?
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    I ended up in second place as I guessed. Getting the hair didn't really mattered to me so I'm not mad!

Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • kkhlukekkhluke Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I came first in my SYS and all I got were a few K-stars, Energy & Dye. Apologise to all the female contestants in my trendsetters grouping, for the wasted 1st place rewards. 
  • Suri_MaddenSuri_Madden Registered Users, Member 560 Posts
    I was getting really nice scores, but the ticket buyer was submitting more looks as soon as I got closer to her. It was at least whole pack of 12 tickets. I saved the last two tickets and submitted them 10 mins before and immediately closed the game. And I won ❤️ So thank you dolls for that advice, totally worth it! 😁💜🧡💙
    ~ iOS player ~
  • KKH_JennyKKH_Jenny Registered Users, Member 239 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @Maree_kkh I noticed that big time this weekend but didn’t want to say anything. 

My doll is white with blonde hair and green eyes because that’s my actual coloring; however, I experiment with darker skin tones and hair colors for the doll depending on the outfit/theme, and even when the more “exotic” look is simply objectively better than my “white” look, it gets like 10 less votes on average. 

And it must be so frustrating for POC who have their avatar look like them all the time, because they are just as stunning, if not more so, than any other player and absolutely shouldn’t have to adjust to a Eurocentric look to be “fashionable.” Ugh it’s annoying

edit: “annoying” is a very trivial word for what is actually a product of intentional systemic, racist social engineering to condition people to subconsciously prefer the Eurocentric-featured individual with regard to conventional rules of attractiveness. But that’s probably the only one issue we can’t pin on Glu. Lol.
    edited October 2019
    @kkhluke That’s so lazy of Glu; it was “awards show host.” Would’ve taken two seconds to make a male tux as a prize. They don’t give two sh*ts about a single players satisfaction.

edit: but that’s hardly YOUR fault, so don’t feel badly for winning! It’s all on Glu as per usual. Doesn’t mean your win was undeserved!
  • pilirositolampilirositolam Registered Users, Member 1,063 Posts
    @Suri_Madden I’m glad that worked for you, hun! ❤️
    I just created a fb account for my doll! Her in-game (iOS) name is Francesca. Add me: https://m.facebook.com/francesca.kkh.5?ref=bookmarks 🧚🏼‍♀️✨💞
    Honestly, I can’t even make an assessment as to whether or not the dolls with the best styling win sans tickets, because I’ve never personally seen it. Every single week #1 on my TS is a ticket buyer wearing free GB clothes. Often the same exact one for a day straight. No matter the theme. Or prizes. 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited October 2019
    kkhluke said:
    I came first in my SYS and all I got were a few K-stars, Energy & Dye. Apologise to all the female contestants in my trendsetters grouping, for the wasted 1st place rewards. 
    Congrats! I’d love to see some guy looks if you want to share them! I don’t get enough male fashion inspiration on the forum 😊 Here are some of mine:

@KKH_Jenny @Maree_kkh I did a SYS experiment with that once here! 
    https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/comment/6674229#Comment_6674229
    I’m not blonde, blue-eyed, with pale white skin but it scores better and makeup looks better on my doll — some makeup looks weren’t even calibrated for non-white skin tones. It’s unfair. 😕
    edited October 2019
    @Rikk thanks so much for the link; that’s both a fascinating and sad validation of the circumstances.

I agree with the note about the makeup as well, some of the eyeshadows don’t really even show up on darker skin tones as the shades are so translucent, and almost every skin tone has a pinkish undertone rather than yellow. 

Edit: but just to point out, Kim K herself isn’t a blonde, blue-eyed woman either and is one of the most stunning women alive. And I’m positive the same is the case for you. We (white people) need to take about a couple thousand years of seats tbh, lol.

exhibit a: whoever immediately disagrees, LOL. Sorry about your upcoming impeached leader, hun.
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Thanks kkh_jenny, the subject comes up occasionally here and some of the responses are very disconcerting. I’m personally still mad about his particular makeup: 
    Rikk said:
    Thanks kkh_jenny, the subject comes up occasionally here and some of the responses are very disconcerting. I’m personally still mad about his particular makeup: 
    What in gods name is this?!
    edited October 2019
    Jesus, little North is already wearing makeup for her skin and the dolls on her moms game can’t. 

Edit: too cute, had to post her runway debut.

• Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    @KKH_Jenny

I very genuinely appreciate you saying that. Since my doll is supposed to look like me it’s definitely uncomfortable for me to always change how “i” look for SYS. I’m not happy that you’ve experienced it too but it’s cool to see other people acknowledge it.
    edited October 2019
    @Maree_kkh Hell, don’t change her! I’m sure she’s as stunning as you undoubtedly are, (and won’t win regardless unless you have an extra $50 each weekend), so let’s inundate the voting booth with more actual representations of beauty! I’d like to see us all stand in solidarity for that cause, despite admittedly not having ever suffered from the societal implications of beauty (and,well, everything else) that POC disproportionately do. (But we all need to do it, otherwise it’s just an even easier win for the dolls with the blonde/blue combo).