Options

A few game-related questions (Newbie).

SethyxSethyx Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
edited January 2020 in KKH General Discussion
First off, Happy New Year to each and every one of you. I hope it's filled with much joy, love and success! <3
Secondly, I hope I'm posting in the right section, if not, I'm sorry for the mess.

I have just recently started to play KKH on a suggestion of a friend and am already beyond addicted, to say the least. The game seems to be expensive overall but still relatively F2P friendly (which is, unfortunately, my only way around it with the country I'm in), with tons of star-rewarding offers that are super fun and easy to complete. After finishing the entire Mafia City offer which awarded me over 150 stars, I found myself not knowing what the best way to spend/invest it would be. Since I'm a control freak over anything related to finances, I'm trying to avoid ANY beginner mistakes with my currencies, so I didn't rush into buying new clothes or hairs (which is still incredibly hard to resist!), for the sake of my future "bank plan" for this game. 

Now, I'd greatly appreciate if any veterans here can give me a few tips on how to make the most out of the stars, businesses/investments and other purchases for a FREE player, specifically targeting K-Stars. Also, are there any other common beginner mistakes that might hurt me on a long term? I know, I'm worrying too much even though I'm barely lvl 12, but I do want to enjoy this game on a long run, and not get depressed with how everything beautiful costs increasingly more as I level up. 

Also, as a guy, I felt most honest and connected to myself with a male character and that type of fashion, but when comparing to my female friend's shop wardrobe, I really began to feel like I made a colossal mistake with how less content I seem to have available. Should I restart or still hold onto the male? I wouldn't want to reach a point where I can expect only a single outfit per month, and even that one would be crazy expensive..

Huge thanks to any replies in advance, sorry if I went on for too long!   

Comments

• Options
    BasakBasak Registered Users, Member 1,215 Posts
    Hi there! I would personally invest in business places like hair salon in Brooklyn, Chevier in Paris, parfumery in Lisbon etc. Other than that, try to save your k-stars to VIP events because when you spend your k-stars in VIP events, you get to win outfits. (It’s like this in female dolls) You can buy pets if you’re short on time and want to finish the events quicker. These are my advices but there are some dolls who’re way more experienced than me. Happy new year and enjoy Kkh! 🙏🏻🌸

🌼

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Daily player on iOS! 
    85 level also A+++
    Instagram gameplay account: basak_kkh
    If you want to be friends, you can add me here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039524040997
  • Options
    RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Hey @Sethyx! Welcome 😊 As a free player, the most important thing you can do is stay a free player: if you make any purchase or even try a free VIP trial, your 20 free daily videos for k-stars will drop down to 5 per day, so keep that in mind.

In terms of businesses, when you calculate the cost of a business divided by the weekly k-stars, they all take approximately 4 months on average to become profitable (if you 5-star the gigs), so it doesn’t really matter what you choose in terms of earning k-stars. I’d recommend the Chevier Paris fashion house to start — it pays out 7 k-stars per week. I also personally love the perfumery in Lisbon.

As soon as you get the plot line to open SoChic London, you can do all the gigs every 3 days for 3 k-stars each time, so don’t forget about that one when it comes along!

Regarding the lack of content and new clothes for male characters, it was a bummer that guy dolls got almost nothing during 2019, but it appears that Glu is offering new stuff for guys again after the last two weeks of events. Honestly I’m really enjoying playing with a male character regardless — the weekend event boxes that guys get with old items have way better stuff than the new clothes that female dolls are getting these days, in my opinion. An additional benefit is that male ticket buyers in SYS are extremely rare, so you don’t have to worry about that nonsense and stress every week.

On the other hand, for reasons that make no sense to me, male dolls don’t get all the cool new handhelds that female dolls get — and there have been a lot of them over the past year. Hopefully Glu will make those handhelds available for male dolls, because they’re mostly already designed! (Please pass my plea along to the team @KalindaKing! 🙏 I’m jealous of the pink drink, the martini, and the laptop. Luka needs them!)

I have a both a male and female game, and I recommend starting a lazy, laid-back female game to play once in a while if you can’t choose! 

Hope that helps and let’s me know if you have any other questions!

• Options
    Two more tips: @AliBryant made this helpful list of pets sorted by price, so you can buy a few cheap tappables pets during the next VIP...so you don’t have to buy those crazy 180 k-star staff tappables like the hairdresser, etc.
     https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/5449171/tappable-pets-staff-list-sorted-by-price

Also, as you invite people to gigs, you’ll see them leveling up and get the pop-up like “industry 1,” “industry 2,” etc. It’s most efficient to delete those contacts after they reach 500 or 1000 points, when you receive some energy and a k-star. It’s an easy way to farm a few k-stars a day!

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Basak said:
    Hi there! I would personally invest in business places like hair salon in Brooklyn, Chevier in Paris, parfumery in Lisbon etc. Other than that, try to save your k-stars to VIP events because when you spend your k-stars in VIP events, you get to win outfits. (It’s like this in female dolls) You can buy pets if you’re short on time and want to finish the events quicker. These are my advices but there are some dolls who’re way more experienced than me. Happy new year and enjoy Kkh! 🙏🏻🌸
    Hey!! That's exactly what I thought. I've done some searching myself and Chevier in Paris seems to be the best way to go for now, so that's what I'll be eyeing. As for the pets, I had no idea they had impact on events. So far, I haven't bought any (not even the lonely kitty in Downtown LA, soon!), but I'll definitely pay more attention to it. Thank you so much again and happy holidays!  o:) 
    Rikk said:
    Two more tips: @AliBryant made this helpful list of pets sorted by price, so you can buy a few cheap tappables pets during the next VIP...so you don’t have to buy those crazy 180 k-star staff tappables like the hairdresser, etc.
     https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/5449171/tappable-pets-staff-list-sorted-by-price

Also, as you invite people to gigs, you’ll see them leveling up and get the pop-up like “industry 1,” “industry 2,” etc. It’s most efficient to delete those contacts after they reach 500 or 1000 points, when you receive some energy and a k-star. It’s an easy way to farm a few k-stars a day!

Thanks for the good wishes and ALL of the tips.. seriously, I needed to hear these, especially since you got to experience the game with both a male and female doll, and I'm really happy to hear that males are getting some fresh stuff recently! Hopefully it will become a regular thing, because, even as a free player, I'm still on a bit of a starve for variety. On that note, I'll stick to my male doll after all. It's probably better to feel connected to the story and character, and continue to hope that guys get more love, rather than feeling forced to play a role for the sake of having a nicer wardrobe. 

I had absolutely no idea about that rule of daily videos bumping down 3x if I made any purchase. Even though I wasn't planning on it in near future, I'm very grateful you gave me the heads up, since I'd probably never hear about it and possibly make a mistake. While on that particular topic, are those daily videos a permanent thing? So far, I have been getting them almost all the time, but it's starting to feel a bit too easy of a way to consistently earn stars each day. Will it tone down or go away as I level up? As of now, it's quite literally my only income of stars. 

That's all for now! And thank you again! <3:*  
  • Options
    Sethyx said:
    I had absolutely no idea about that rule of daily videos bumping down 3x if I made any purchase. Even though I wasn't planning on it in near future, I'm very grateful you gave me the heads up, since I'd probably never hear about it and possibly make a mistake. While on that particular topic, are those daily videos a permanent thing? Will it tone down or go away as I level up?
    I know right?! So many people didn’t know that free k-stars for videos decrease so dramatically just for doing a trial or making a purchase! Spread the good word! Glu should explicitly warn people. And to answer your question, other than losing out on some videos because of glitches, it looks like those 20 videos should be here to stay regardless of level. Enjoy them!

And if the mood strikes you, feel free to share some guy looks on the SYS thread this weekend! I’m starved for men’s fashion — there aren’t enough male dolls on the forum atm!
  • Options
    Rikk said:
    I know right?! So many people didn’t know that free k-stars for videos decrease so dramatically just for doing a trial or making a purchase! Spread the good word! Glu should explicitly warn people. And to answer your question, other than losing out on some videos because of glitches, it looks like those 20 videos should be here to stay regardless of level. Enjoy them!

And if the mood strikes you, feel free to share some guy looks on the SYS thread this weekend! I’m starved for men’s fashion — there aren’t enough male dolls on the forum atm!
    Great news! Now I'm feeling much easier at heart about buying a few K-star items I've been dying for. 

And I would surely love to share off my looks at one point, as soon as I step up my game... literally! For now, I'm just enjoying the plot with my basic 9k kash total outfit, but as soon as I pick up the pace and get some fancier clothes/hairs, I might aswell!

For the third time, thank you so much for all of the info, tips and suggestions and, once again, happy holidays!!

• Options
    OliviarosewardOliviaroseward Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Hey everyone I’m Olivia. 

I’m looking for tips & tricks anyone has to offer on getting more karats from events & how to level up faster, currently level 18.💕
    I also read somewhere on here that buying a vehicle & the jet benefits you for energy?? If someone could let me know that’d be amazing, Thanks loves❤️

I hope everyone had a great SYS week as well! I know I did!🥳 but as you can see I spent all my cash & kstars trying to get the treat yourself reward 10😅Please help with any games tips you may know/use🥰
  • Options
    woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    if you buy pets, every 4 hours you can get energy from them. I do recommend buying the jet and car, because then you don’t have to spend you kash to travel. I would also try to complete achievements, they give you a decent kash and kstars payout and can help you level up faster. Also, save up kstars for the future kimiversary and the future VIP events. Going on dates also helps you level up. 🥰hope that helps some
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • Options
    OliviarosewardOliviaroseward Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I read if you tap the jet/car while travelling it also provides energy? & yeah currently doing some 8hr storylines 😅 trying to level up & get more cash/Kstar rewards but honestly I’m probably gunna splurge and buy the jet & a vehicle ASAP❤️
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    No,  in the jet, you might have tapped either your SO or your pet.    But you're never ''In" your car so that one's a no also.     What it does.......having the Jet/ and a Vehicle you can tap all over the KK:H World for no cost.  Fly to Vegas....go tap for energy, Cash, and XP (those chance bonuses you get for tapping mailboxes, flowerpots etc).  So, if you put in the time to fly all over and tap on the street and your pets in your homes, then having the Jet/Vehicle gives you energy.  In a round about way.  :)
    Hope this helps. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary