🗳️SYS - 1/16/20 - Show us your Inner Pop Star!

Comments

• AbzHelloKitzAbzHelloKitz Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    not a popstar but the first thing i thought of when i saw the top. Bottom doesnt match really well but it the only one that was close enough. If only she had lived. 
    Aaliyah! 😍🙌🏽🔥
    This look is everything! RIP Baby Girl! 🙏🏽✨

• Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    Uggghhh kollections changed and I don’t have the one with the microphone  🎤  its ridiculous!
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • SethyxSethyx Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    edited January 2020
    So many of you drawing inspiration from Britney's iconic outfits warms my heart  <3 
    People forget what this legend has done for the pop culture.. 

#IDareYouToPullOffBabyOneMoreTimeOutfit

• evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    Why do the boots look so cheap to me? They look almost 2 dimensional. 
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • JabberwoohJabberwooh Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    So, I know there would probably be issues with this idea, but I had a thought during the halloween SYS that I feel applies really well here too. Here goes:

What if there could be an optional text box when submitting your looks? Something tiny with a 20 character limit or something that would show up below your dolls in the voting booth. That way you could write what look you were going for in these more cosplay-ish events. I feel like I probably skipped on voting for a bunch of hilarious and creative costumes on halloween just because I didn't get the reference right away, and judging from the thread here, people are on the fence about some really dope looks just because the voters may not get it. 

What do you guys think the main pros and cons for this would be?
    Android player - K star hoarder - Frugal b*tch
    (In-game username: Abbie)

KKH Discord server: 
    https://discord.gg/2ew22AybF9

• Aurora117Aurora117 Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    kadamisia said:
    I would love to get some help from
    you dolls! Which one of those hairstyles do you think works best for this week's theme?
    1- Agree
    2- Like
    Thank you so much! ❤️🦥

Definitely second. And here's the proof, GORGEOUS WHITNEY 
  • KortyKorty Registered Users 360 Posts
    Do we have a Cowboy hat? 
    I so want to recreate Madonna’s look.... handheld drink included 😉

Daily iOS player since July 2014
    From Italy 🇮🇹🍕🍝
  • TheBolaTheBola Registered Users, Member 194 Posts
    @Jabberwooh I'm afraid there's all kinds of people and some could attack someone else via that text, write something inappropriate etc. It's a good idea but you never know with people 🙃 
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    @jabberwooh I think that only works with theme sys, I dont think I could motivate a red outfit “it’s red please give me your vote” + I feel like language barrier might be a problem?
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    So, I know there would probably be issues with this idea, but I had a thought during the halloween SYS that I feel applies really well here too. Here goes:

What if there could be an optional text box when submitting your looks? Something tiny with a 20 character limit or something that would show up below your dolls in the voting booth. That way you could write what look you were going for in these more cosplay-ish events. I feel like I probably skipped on voting for a bunch of hilarious and creative costumes on halloween just because I didn't get the reference right away, and judging from the thread here, people are on the fence about some really dope looks just because the voters may not get it. 

What do you guys think the main pros and cons for this would be?

Anything that makes the game more interactive with other players is probably a good thing. SYS is the only thing keeping this game alive at this point imo, so ways to make it more fun like a text box or something is cool. Ways to chat with our TS group is cool too, even if it's pre written options like "I love your look." The only issue I could foresee with a text box is ppl abusing it and using profanity. I don't think the game has enough moderation (especially being on the weekends) to handle everything that would get reported as inappropriate.
    - Emmy
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    @kory I saw a cowboy hat once in the voting booth on Halloween, so one definitely exists! Ever since I saw it, it's been on my wishlist 😀
    - Emmy
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    It's very telling when you struggle to find a kudos about the way TS is set up. They must be making bank on tickets for them to not even address the complaints. 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @Korty there are two cowboy hats from previous events. Perfect for any country popstar looks. 
    IOS Player 
  • IzzaBeeIzzaBee Registered Users, Member 407 Posts
    If anyone is planning on submitting this dress for an Ariana Grande look can you let me know how it scores? I’m trying to decide between buying this dress or taking a spin on a kollection. 

I play on iOS 
    @yezx absolutely, this would be best implemented on certain SYSs only. It would also be completely optional in case you think the outfit speaks for itself already. @TheBola I can definitely see that happening, but maybe not so much if it's only a feature in some SYSs? Maybe? There is probably a way higher chance of the feature being abused if it is "too accessible", kind of like how we all would see people try to curse on Club Penguin freechat for shits and giggles, but if you went to a non freechat server, you thought way more about your interactions because every word counted. 

KKH Discord server: 

• KortyKorty Registered Users 360 Posts
    @TrashleyKKH thank you 😊 
    I love the one on the left, but unfortunately I don’t have it. Hopefully I will find it sooner or later.... 
    Daily iOS player since July 2014
    From Italy 🇮🇹🍕🍝
    @Bear_KKH I agree, I would not play the game at all if it wasn't for this forum and the events. The interaction on this forum is pure gold and I wish the game itself could have more of it.

Some people are always gonna be human garbage and abuse any system given to them, but it shouldn't result in all of the other good people suffering. I'm thinking the easiest way to keep the hypothetical text box free of harrassment would be to automatically censor the usernames of whoever is in your TS group. That way no one can get personally attacked. Profanity is another issue, but honestly I've seen a lot of questionable usernames in my groups so if no one is clutching their pearls already at the usernames, it shouldn't be a problem with something like this.

Also, the game is rated Teen on the Google play store so Glu definitely has already put out the warning of more mature themes. If any 9 year old sends an email to complain about someone saying "h-e-double hockey sticks" in game, Glu shouldn't have to be responsible anyways.

KKH Discord server: 

• kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    @Aurora117 I think you're right, I'll buy the second one. Also, it reminds me so much of Tina Turner :sweat_smile:
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @Jabberwooh I’m gonna be honest here and say that if I didn’t understand a look or get the reference, a caption probably wouldn’t make me vote for it. For example if it’s a character/person I don’t know. I wouldn’t stop voting, google it to decide how accurately you depicted them, the continue voting. Maybe if it was something that I knew but went over my head at first glance, but people usually vote very quickly I believe... If one outfit is immediately recognizable & on theme I’d be voting for the one I understood right away 99% of the time. Some might not even take the few seconds to read the caption. 

It would be fun if you were going for a specific look, and I’m sure some looks could be hilarious and/or super well thought out if the user could explain it. In theory it could be an amazing idea but I don’t think it would do anything to really change votes, and some people would probably abuse any chance to free type anonymously to other players 😬
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I love tina.  are you talking about the gold fringy one?  I love that. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    @kokokokonut yes! I think it's iconic.
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
    edited January 2020
    @mikaylachimo yeah, I mean the looks where it goes over my head, not the ones I know nothing about in the first place. Maybe I'm just an airhead but I feel like I miss a lot of references when it comes to fashion. I feel like it would also be beneficial for the "gown issue" too. As proven in this thread, some of the low level basic clothing are the perfect match for recreating a look, but I think a ton of voters tend to think "eww a basic item? That means the look isn't good because it doesn't feature expensive and exclusive things". It sucks how "expensive" usually means a win even if the outfit all together is god awful. Anyways, my suggestion is not to use a feature like this on every SYS, just the heavily themed ones. I just wish we could let our creativity flow for real lol

KKH Discord server: 

• princesspreciousprincessprecious Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    My only hope this hair not gonna be on vip last or TS first next time 🙈 lol 
    and for now I think I can forget to be in 5th place like always 😄
    Ugh same this hair is all I want rn
  • LydiaKKHLydiaKKH Registered Users, Member 870 Posts
    edited January 2020
    I remember missing 10 kstars or so for that standing mic in Jessica Rabbit outfit and I was like ,,ehh, I wouldn't use it anyway".
    Oh well... Now I'm f... up. 
    iOS 41lvl 📱 English isn't my first language 🇵🇱
    Free player since July 2019 💖

#capontrendsetters #savingkstarsproject #alldolledupsquad
  • SethyxSethyx Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    At what exact hour does SYS start on Thursdays by their timezone? I know the headquarters are in SF, but I couldn't catch at which hour it goes live.
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Sethyx said:
    At what exact hour does SYS start on Thursdays by their timezone? I know the headquarters are in SF, but I couldn't catch at which hour it goes live.
    Actually KKH is handled by the Glu ofices in Toronto i think!
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    @sethyx in 1h54m
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    Sethyx said:
    It starts at 3PM EST which is 8PM here in London (GMT)
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties