🗳️SYS - 2/13/20 - Theme: Black & Gold Ball! (Surprise) 🎊

1121314151618Next

Comments

• promquin98promquin98 Registered Users, Member 309 Posts
    edited February 2020
    I get that too @oopsididitagain and I also agree a 100% with what you've said. It's just that for now, the most "doable" thing is not to give them a vote if ever we encounter it. 
    Okay... so I think I have made a lot of posts.. I hope we are still cool. Probably there will be another discussion thread about this next week. Take care eveyone! 😘😘😘
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    I feel like we do this discussion to death every week. So many people are unhappy with trendsetters and ticket buying but it’s obv super lucrative for glu as they have never even addressed the issues in the forum. Every week it’s mentioned and we suggest submission caps or groupings and we don’t get a response which suggests to me that there is little to no ‘need’ on their part to even consider changing anything. 

I get a bit frustrated by the language used at times - no one ‘stole’ ‘your’ first place spot, no one ‘rightfully earned’ first place and was then ‘cheated’ out of it by a ticket buyer. In my opinion, ticket buying is a culmination of super shady glu choices to monetise many aspects of the game BUT it’s a legitimate one they promote and encourage. Whilst it’s rubbish to lose our week after week (after week..) to ticket buyers, they also ‘deserved’ that first place spot because they are using a legit route offered to them by the game. I was so mad about diamonds but shut down pretty sharpish by players who were like ‘it’s their money, people can do what they want’ so to me, ticket buying is just another step in that kind of path. 

I know it feels like a gambling element and with diamonds and kollections etc, the money you spend doesn’t immediately impact on other players like ticket buying does BUT in my opinion the knock on effect is still important. People who buy diamonds or stars to play kollections build up pretty awesome klosets so can really compete in SYS and go to town on the themes, thus getting higher scores. It’s all ways of circumnavigating it to me? You either buy tickets to bump up your scores or you buy limited clothing from kollections or with diamonds or perhaps you buy FG or SMC bundles. Either way, you’re doing what you can to be the ~best player which is cool and fine but because there is an immediacy to ticket buying that doesn’t exist with the hidden ‘bettering’ of those other purchases, there comes this vitriol. I do get it and I’ve been saying we need a 14 look submissions cap for months so this isn’t me saying ticket buying is brilliant or anything. 

Someone earlier pointed out that players need to work their way up like long term players did.. I disagree with that too really as the original SYS wasn’t as cut throat and the prizes weren’t limited to first place players so we didn’t have the same struggle. That feels like a cop out to me, telling newer players to just do their time. 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    My looks 1-14

Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

• Chloè_KKHChloè_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    @Carol Davida thank you for your vote 💕
    Android
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    @Chloè_KKH yw doll such a beautiful look and a well-deserved score 🤩
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• gradagrada Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    Ohemilie said:
    I feel like we do this discussion to death every week. So many people are unhappy with trendsetters and ticket buying but it’s obv super lucrative for glu as they have never even addressed the issues in the forum. Every week it’s mentioned and we suggest submission caps or groupings and we don’t get a response which suggests to me that there is little to no ‘need’ on their part to even consider changing anything. 

I get a bit frustrated by the language used at times - no one ‘stole’ ‘your’ first place spot, no one ‘rightfully earned’ first place and was then ‘cheated’ out of it by a ticket buyer. In my opinion, ticket buying is a culmination of super shady glu choices to monetise many aspects of the game BUT it’s a legitimate one they promote and encourage. Whilst it’s rubbish to lose our week after week (after week..) to ticket buyers, they also ‘deserved’ that first place spot because they are using a legit route offered to them by the game. I was so mad about diamonds but shut down pretty sharpish by players who were like ‘it’s their money, people can do what they want’ so to me, ticket buying is just another step in that kind of path. 

I know it feels like a gambling element and with diamonds and kollections etc, the money you spend doesn’t immediately impact on other players like ticket buying does BUT in my opinion the knock on effect is still important. People who buy diamonds or stars to play kollections build up pretty awesome klosets so can really compete in SYS and go to town on the themes, thus getting higher scores. It’s all ways of circumnavigating it to me? You either buy tickets to bump up your scores or you buy limited clothing from kollections or with diamonds or perhaps you buy FG or SMC bundles. Either way, you’re doing what you can to be the ~best player which is cool and fine but because there is an immediacy to ticket buying that doesn’t exist with the hidden ‘bettering’ of those other purchases, there comes this vitriol. I do get it and I’ve been saying we need a 14 look submissions cap for months so this isn’t me saying ticket buying is brilliant or anything. 

Someone earlier pointed out that players need to work their way up like long term players did.. I disagree with that too really as the original SYS wasn’t as cut throat and the prizes weren’t limited to first place players so we didn’t have the same struggle. That feels like a cop out to me, telling newer players to just do their time. 
    I agree. But I think it's very important to remember that it really is JUST A GAME and if it makes you that frustrated maybe you should take a step back because this is supposed to relax you and not add to your frustrations and stress. And I agree that something should be changed but maybe be a little bit less passive-aggressive towards other people, because this is just a bit rude.  Maybe people on this thread should agree on one solution like different groups for SYS or a limited amount of tickets that they can buy, and then present specific solutions to GLU and push them to actually change it. 

𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗒𝖾𝗋 | 𝖾𝗇𝗀𝗅𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝗂𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗀𝖾
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    @luvs2gruuv girl I love seeing all of your looks week after week. It just gave me pure life :love: so refreshing to see :love:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

@Carol Davida Thank you soo much, sweetie!  That means soo much coming from you! I love seeing your looks, too!  xoxo!!!!
    Addicted

i also like to see @DoloresWyatt 's looks.. where are you dolores?
    Addicted

• OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    jhabs said:

I was the one who said this. I started playing in January 2019- I never played the old SYS. I was a new player when the new SYS first came out and I did do my time. I never even thought about buying tickets to snipe the first place prize away from a doll that had more clothes and therefore better looks. I was patient and earned clothes through events and the SYS earnables. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect other new dolls to do the same. It’s totally possible to do your time and earn your wardrobe without buying tickets. And tbh, it does offend me when people use tickets to win against other dolls that didn’t use tickets and just flat out hd better scoring looks. 

I still think using tickets are okay to win against another TB, to replace a lost ticket, to reach the last earnable etc. I know using tickets is totally within the rules of the game, but I do think it’s a selfish move to use them to win against another doll, who played without tickets, but just had better scoring looks. 
    But why is it only ok to use tickets in some instances but not in others? How does using a ticket to beat another ticket buyer work when lots of other people in the group then have more than one ticket buyer to contend with? It’s sometimes hard to even know who has bought tickets so how would you know if you were ‘buying your rightful place’ back or just being the ticket buyer everyone hates?! I think we either hate ticket buying and try to suggest ways to combat it or we say all ticket buying is ok because once you create a hierarchy of acceptability it becomes a subjective process that’s hard to justify. 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • Chloè_KKHChloè_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    @Carol Davida thank you!! Your doll is gorgeous too!
    Android
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Every week it's the same complaints and there is a VERY simple solution that benefits both people who want to buy and use tickets and dolls who don't use tickets but score high: CAP ON VOTES

Once you reach xxx amount you're guaranteed the first place spot. So you may have only one winner in your game or you may have 5. You can still make it a challenge, like set it at 700 so you need an average of 50 if you stick with your 14 free looks. Not everyone is going to be able to do that (I have never averaged that high) so it's still going to drive ticket sales.
  • promquin98promquin98 Registered Users, Member 309 Posts
    I wish I had completed earning the hair as well for this set... 😔