🎆Update v10.9 - It's Here!

Comments

• oopsididitagainoopsididitagain Registered Users, Member 1,158 Posts
    thallisa said:
    This makes newer players choose between items from the past that we'll never have a chance to get & these items.  At least make it worthwhile.
    Not only new players though, I've been playing for 4+ years and I still have tons of items to buy for diamonds - mostly from older gift boxes from when I didn't have kstars to open anything but my free box, but also some earnables, when I wasn't able to finish the event. I actually looked forward to getting all the items I loved but missed out on, but with these new diamond kollections (lbr they're here to stay unfortunately), I know that it's gonna be hard to decide if I want to spend my diamonds on spins or on older items 🤷🏼‍♀️ because if there's one thing I'm sure of is that I won't start buying some crazy amounts of diamonds to get everything I want, so it'll be definitely "this or that" for me, not both.

Also I have to say that I find it kinda outrageous that we get two pairs of BOOTS in such an expensive kollection (idc if they're cute, they're still only shoes), especially since they go with two other dresses perfectly, so they should've been put in a mini-bundle with them or something. 
    Oh I didn't mean to insinuate that it's only detrimental to newer players!!  There's just an overwhelming amount of items we don't have as newer players, & I was referring to that, but I 100% agree that it affects all of us regardless of time spent playing.  None of us should have to decide between getting items we missed & new kollections.  

All the tiles should be bundles for this price, the boots are cute but it is definitely outrageous.
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    @kenikkh Where is this pink dress from? GORGEOUS 👏🏻
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • kenikkhkenikkh Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    @kadamisia can’t totally remember a dating event ages ago I think 💕
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @oopsididitagain it's fine, I get what you were saying in your previous post! I just wanted to say what's my experience as a long-time player with this new lovely kollection introduced by glu lol and I absolutely understand that newer players will struggle even more with deciding on what they should spend their diamonds. Especially since majority of players clearly doesn't want to throw all their money on this game - we've been seeing that in Glu's quarter results for a while now. So introducing such an expensive feature when there's so many other things that are not difficult to add to the game and would make everyone happy (cap on TS, updated tb boxes etc.,) is just a weird and kinda tone deaf move on Glu's part. 
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    @kenikkh Tysm doll I guess I know what I'm hunting for in next SYS's voting booth <3
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • ashleyyashleyy Registered Users, Member 1,425 Posts
    I think in the upcoming regular kollections, the energy slots should be replaced with diamonds. Same thing as when glu started replacing the kash slots with dye.
    That’s a great ideal ❤️ (Also Glu if you listen to this please don’t make it the only new way to get diamonds, if we can get k stars more then one way it should be the same for diamonds now that we have a diamond Kollection.) 
    Ideas if this is here to stay:
    -EVERY slot should be a bundle if we're spending diamonds on it
    -at the very least, the price shouldn't go up each time.  Diamonds are way too hard to come by to run it like a normal kollection.

This makes newer players choose between items from the past that we'll never have a chance to get & these items.  At least make it worthwhile.
    I agree with everything except I just don't think every slot being a bundle is fair to the art team 😅
    It just wouldn't really be feasible for what's (most likely) a small team to have to put out three unique, high quality items for eight different boxes every month on top of all the other clothes we get, if that makes sense? 
    Maybe I'm only being sympathetic because I'm over here having second hand artist hand cramps and eye strain thinking of all that drawing? idk lmao 😂
    (Love the new pfp, btw!!! That hair suits your doll so well 🥰)
    I really, really, really hope we don’t get diamond kollections as often as once a month😅😂😂 

But I completely get what you’re saying!! I’m basically trying to express that the quality needs to reflect the price, you know? So that was just a suggestion of a way to make that happen. (Although, maybe I don’t truly want to them to be high quality, so I’m never tempted to spend my diamonds😂)

Thanks so much💕 the cloud 9 kollection ate my kstars real fast lol
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    JaelynJax said:
    Soo i did a spin on the Diamond Kolection and got the ugly and wierd hairstyle.... *sigh*
    😭😭😭😭😭
    I wasn’t even going to waste my time saying anything...but one thing I know for sure and I am certain of is African American or any POC hair is not ugly. MY HAIR IS NOT UGLY.  Our hair is diverse, we can pull off any hairstyle. Our hair is perfect, magnificent, and beautiful. Our hair set multiple trends. Our hair can be straight one day and in Bantu Knots the next day. But ugly I think not...the African American community as a whole think not. 

Happy Black History Month✊🏾

Happy black history month/year queen. 
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos I would not be surprised🙄 & you didn’t sound rude at all!! It was a good point! It’s helpful to think from Glu’s perspective when we’re suggesting things because we’re more likely to ask for something they’ll implement.. if they ever decide to implement a suggestion again lol
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    JaelynJax said:
    Soo i did a spin on the Diamond Kolection and got the ugly and wierd hairstyle.... *sigh*
    😭😭😭😭😭
    I wasn’t even going to waste my time saying anything...but one thing I know for sure and I am certain of is African American or any POC hair is not ugly. MY HAIR IS NOT UGLY.  Our hair is diverse, we can pull off any hairstyle. Our hair is perfect, magnificent, and beautiful. Our hair set multiple trends. Our hair can be straight one day and in Bantu Knots the next day. But ugly I think not...the African American community as a whole think not. 

I am not black, nor mixed race (Brittany, France, not much diversity, we do have an accent though!). But seeing all these posts saying this hair is ugly saddens me. We can dislike it, but saying it is ugly is a way of saying "it's black it's ugly" as a universal opinion. It's not.
    Wear it, don't wear it, but do not insult the players its represents!

I still have a lot to learn about black culture and especially about how to acknowledge my privilege and put myself in the background. 
    So I've got a question for black players: how do you feel about someone white using mixed race or black features in the game? As our dolls can be however we want, should we try to make them more like ourselves? Or can we play with what the game offers?
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
    JaelynJax said:
    😭😭😭😭😭

I am not black, nor mixed race (Brittany, France, not much diversity, we do have an accent though!). But seeing all these posts saying this hair is ugly saddens me. We can dislike it, but saying it is ugly is a way of saying "it's black it's ugly" as a universal opinion. It's not.
    Wear it, don't wear it, but do not insult the players its represents!

I still have a lot to learn about black culture and especially about how to acknowledge my privilege and put myself in the background. 
    So I've got a question for black players: how do you feel about someone white using mixed race or black features in the game? As our dolls can be however we want, should we try to make them more like ourselves? Or can we play with what the game offers?
    I speak only for myself but i dislike when they use those features and then degrade black/ poc hairstyles or clothes. Its kinda the same way some people fetish mixed kids and dark skinned kids get put down. Personally if your not cherry picking stuff you like about black people then i take no issue to you using it as long as its not disrespectful. 
  • lindz_kayla3711lindz_kayla3711 Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I know the first spin of the Couture Kollection is 18 diamonds and the second spin is 24 diamonds. How many diamonds does it cost for the third or fourth spin for the Couture Kollection? 
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts
    I know the first spin of the Couture Kollection is 18 diamonds and the second spin is 24 diamonds. How many diamonds does it cost for the third or fourth spin for the Couture Kollection? 
    12~18~24~30~36~42~48~52 = 262

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

12~18~24~30~36~42~48~52 = 262
    Thank you!! I forgot the first spin was 12 and not 18
  • JaelynJaxJaelynJax Registered Users 624 Posts
    JaelynJax said:
    😭😭😭😭😭

You have to educate those whole lack knowledge and  don’t take the time to learn. 

Yassss to 365 days of Black Girl Magic and Black  Boy Joy 

@AguadeCoco it’s your game and I don’t judge people how they play their game. It not my business. I to pick and choose what I think look great on my doll and unfortunately not all features or hair work to my liking. But I don’t spend my energy dissing features because it could offend someone who relate to it. POC are fighting now in the United States to be able to wear their natural hair to work and school and different places without being discriminated against or being told you will have to cut YOUR hair to meet our standards. We should not have to transform ourselves to be accepted. We should not be made to feel that our hair is ugly or anything. Hair is something that POC take pride in. We don’t spend hours upon hours in the beauty salon and barbershop not to take pride in our hair. 

Daily iOS Player: Level 55
    🌻NubianQueen🌻
    Platform: iOS
    Send Message for Add
  • terrikkhterrikkh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I’m so so worried and stressed about this game coming to and end I really don’t want it to 😢 this game was my saviour when I had a newborn baby and was up at crazy hours of the morning I was able to play this game and submit looks on sys on time (on the old system) and then I fell out of touch but now my sons 1 I’m back on and I just love this game so much and I think I speak for many other dolls when they say they love this game but they are just frustrated!

I know the contract with Kim is coming to an end but does that mean the game has to end? Can a contract be made with someone else or would she want to reinvent the game and renew the contract with a massive update! Although sales of the game may not be up I think the following is massive! There are thousands more Instagram followers and likes on the posts!

The optimist in me is saying that they are waiting to do a massive update and I really wish this is the case 😣🤞🏼
    JaelynJax said:
    JaelynJax said:
    😭😭😭😭😭

You have to educate those whole lack knowledge and  don’t take the time to learn. 

Yassss to 365 days of Black Girl Magic and Black  Boy Joy 

@AguadeCoco it’s your game and I don’t judge people how they play their game. It not my business. I to pick and choose what I think look great on my doll and unfortunately not all features or hair work to my liking. But I don’t spend my energy dissing features because it could offend someone who relate to it. POC are fighting now in the United States to be able to wear their natural hair to work and school and different places without being discriminated against or being told you will have to cut YOUR hair to meet our standards. We should not have to transform ourselves to be accepted. We should not be made to feel that our hair is ugly or anything. Hair is something that POC take pride in. We don’t spend hours upon hours in the beauty salon and barbershop not to take pride in our hair. 

Yup in a few states they had to pass laws to prevent us from being discriminated against for our natural hair! Laws for how are hair grows naturally :/  i myself have been overlooked for promotions at my old job and they would make comments about how i would look so much better if i straightened my hair and i couldnt deal with the stress of them trying to push me to be something im not to get extra pay that i earned and should have got.
  • princesspreciousprincessprecious Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @therealChar that's absolutely disgusting. I'm so sorry that any of that happened to you.
  • keepingupwithkelseykeepingupwithkelsey Registered Users, Member 229 Posts
    terrikkh said:
    I’m so so worried and stressed about this game coming to and end I really don’t want it to 😢 this game was my saviour when I had a newborn baby and was up at crazy hours of the morning I was able to play this game and submit looks on sys on time (on the old system) and then I fell out of touch but now my sons 1 I’m back on and I just love this game so much and I think I speak for many other dolls when they say they love this game but they are just frustrated!

I know the contract with Kim is coming to an end but does that mean the game has to end? Can a contract be made with someone else or would she want to reinvent the game and renew the contract with a massive update! Although sales of the game may not be up I think the following is massive! There are thousands more Instagram followers and likes on the posts!

The optimist in me is saying that they are waiting to do a massive update and I really wish this is the case 😣🤞🏼
    I’ve been worried about it ending as well. I’ve been a loyal costumer/player since the game first came out.. I’m throwing hands if it ends 
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited February 2020
    JaelynJax said:

Ik that's right sista preach👏🏾👐🏾🙌🏾 @JaelynJax . Our textured hair is our crowning glory. And nobody can take that pride away from us✊🏾

And to the ppls who isnt a person of color whose constantly keeps on referring to the twist hairstyle as ugly can yall pls just keep your insensitive comments/thoughts to yourself. If yall ain't got nothing nice to say, then dont even bother saying anything at all. Yall just dissing that hairstyle bc it ain't best suited for your doll and most definitely ain't your hair type. Point. Blank. Period. 

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I know this doesn’t have to do with the update, but idk where to post this. I finally met Skylar and finished the storyline with her and some other guy, but I still never got asked to buy the Venice Art Gallery.. am I missing something??