🗳️SYS - 3/12/20 - St. Patrick's Day Party Theme! ☘️

Comments

• snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    @therealChar ah thank you so so much for letting me know! That'll be my first purchase for sure :sunglasses:

@Chloè_KKH Let me first say I am absolutely devastated about the current situation in Italy, I really hope the lockdown they've put in place helps in reducing both the spread and the number of fatalities now they've recorded how many cases are being confirmed.
    For those in France, Germany, Spain, the US, Japan, and the UK, I really recommend Dr Mike's updates on Youtube and the "Information is Beautiful" pages on IG, Reddit and FB, as they've been sharing from actual credible sources (vs all the tabloids causing people to panic buy supplies so the elderly and low income households can't get access to bare necessities they actually need) such as WHO, CDC, and the Johns Hopkins University [please let me know if sharing these pages is against forum rules and I'll edit the post to remove this/any of the information the mods deem as inappropriate]) and they have some really useful information for people in other countries where coronavirus has spread but fatalities are low.

I really recommend the NHS website (UK-based) for advice on self-quarantine if you do think you're at risk from people around you travelling, as a few people from my uni came back recently from Northern Italy and have been put into 14 day self-quarantine just to make sure none of them have caught it. I know France, Germany (0 fatalities as of 9th of March), Switzerland, UK, and the Netherlands have a very low percentage of fatalities and Sweden, Belgium, Norway, and Singapore have had 0 fatalities too (again according to the 9th of March- I'm not quite up to date) but I know this is a big concern in the US as healthcare is so expensive so please continue to follow your healthcare authorities' advice on what to do if you are concerned about it all. 

My heart goes out to you all whose lives are being so dramatically affected by it, particularly all of you in Italy and the USA- I wish I could do something to help you all :(:heart: Sending my prayers to you all- I really hope the warmer weather coming in the northern hemisphere might help as I know that has worked on previous epidemics and/or pandemics in the past, if only temporarily, but to buy time for a vaccine to be developed or for countries to work even harder on containing the virus.

(And again to mods/admin, if this is too long/too morbid please feel free to message me, edit whatever you need to out, or just delete my post. I'm hoping to alleviate some of the anxiety people might be facing about it all but I completely understand if you need to do so as it's off-topic and I don't want to freak anyone out on a forum about positive things- so no harsh feelings at all if this is what you need to do :) )
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
    @AmandaMKkh I am so sorry you're put in that situation, that is absolutely horrifying- are you in an industry where you can work from home? If not I really hope they allow people to stay home while still getting paid their usual hours- that's how it should work especially in larger companies who can afford to do so :( Sending my best wishes to you and your family/friends :heart:
  • JazzyLove07JazzyLove07 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    I only have 120 k-stars so which outfit should i pick? 

• AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    @Chloè_KKH and @AmandaMKkh, keep going! Hold on to what you love and what drives you, I really hope this situation doesn't last...
    Here in France it's mainly in the media that we see all the panic, and probably in big metropoles. I live in a big city but it isn't really concerned yet by restrictions, only retirement homes. I'm currently unemployed and not going on interviews so I am not concerned.
    But I see a lot of aggressivity towards people who don't behave "appropriately", who are coughing, or snoring, or even blowing their nose... it doesn't mean they are sick with coronavirus! If you are sick it's your responsibility to not contaminate others, if you're not, it's your responsibility no to be contaminated! I recently read that a plane got stopped because some passengers thought someone on board was sick and they asked to get off the plane!! This is mad!
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    Also, thank you @snakiekkh for all the info!
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • Chloè_KKHChloè_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    @snakiekkh that's exactly what I wanted to share with all the people in this forum, thank you for your words!

@AguadeCocothe problem is that everyone could be healthy carriers of the virus and therefore could infect others unconsciously. moreover, some people did not immediately comply with the directives and favored a faster infection, naturally unwittingly.

I didn't want to change the forum's atmosphere with my posts but this is a global problem and I think that it's fundamental to cooperate with every single country to leave this crazy problem behind as soon as possible 😉
    Android
  • Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    I just want to give thanks to @snakiekkh for listing such great sources and to @chloekkh for being so thoughtful and starting the conversation.
    I live in London and have seen tons of things panic bought (dried pasta was sold out entirely yesterday! Along with toilet paper, hand sanitiser etc) and that worried me, but I feel much more informed now!
    Stay safe everyone 🤞🏽
    @AguadeCoco honestly fear sells so newspapers in the UK are all creating media panic for the general public to stockpile antibacterial handwash with less than 60% alcohol content (bear in mind it's coronaVIRUS not a bacterial infection) leaving nothing on the shelves for low income households or the elderly.
    I'm working at a supermarket alongside my studies far far away from anyone who has even been considered to have coronavirus yet people have been stockpiling all the pasta, tinned food, toilet roll, antimicrobial handwash and gel etc leaving nothing for the elderly residents in my town (which make up a large proportion of our customers and rely on their pensions which are a low source of income) so they're losing out because of newspapers spreading this misinformation. I wish I could take the time to educate them on where to find advice from from medical professionals and reputable sources but I'd absolutely get a discipline for it and potentially fired :( 
    And this is exactly it about peoples' reactions- unfortunately the UK does still have so many racists and the amount of people I know of who went to uni with me who have been attacked both verbally and physically breaks my heart :( 

And @Chloè_KKH hahahahaha I apologise for beating you to it! So many fantastic sources out there with the actual facts on it all, I just hope it reaches enough people who actually need to read it and put others in their community first, you know? 

@Maree_kkh aw no need to thank me at all, thank you for taking note of the sources! I've shared them on FB to older colleagues and on IG to my less up-to-date friends so hopefully they'll actually give them a read and spread the information!
    And yes yes yes thank you  @chloekkh for opening the conversation! I'm glad we're having an open discussion about it all and I really hope the reputable sources make their way to crowds still relying on tabloids or newspapers disguising themselves as tabloids (which anyone in the UK will know what I'm talking about, haha!)
    I know so many people in the UK anxious about themselves and their kids (I think studies have shown that kids are actually surviving really well, I can't remember the actual reasoning why but I think it's something to do with kids developing immunity to things they catch earlier in life and as this is a novel coronavirus and not the normal one many of us have had in our lifetimes they're surviving better than older people or something like that (but don't hold me to it, I think a more reputable source could explain it better hahaha!). 
  • FilipaKKHFilipaKKH Registered Users, Member 516 Posts
    edited March 2020
    @Chloè_KKH literally a few hours ago I was wondering if you and @AmandaMKkh were doing ok taking the last few days into account. Spero vada tutto bene 💙 I hope both of you are well and your families too.
    I've been keeping a close eye on the situation in Italy because I'm worried for everyone there. Thank you for talking about this. That's all we've been talking about in Portugal too. Be safe, my dears 💛
    🇵🇹 • no longer a kkh player & not active on the forum • 🏳️‍🌈
  • CryingKimCryingKim Registered Users, Member 466 Posts
    Ugh I still regret not getting the beer 😫 Anyways, stay safe dolls!! Always disinfect yourselves and stay healthy too!! 💕

🌺 your Filipina girl│ign: Gazini iOS daily player since 2015│let's be friends~! 🌺

• keepingupwithkelseykeepingupwithkelsey Registered Users, Member 229 Posts
    @mikaylachimo where is the shot glass necklace from?😍
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @keepingupwithkelsey I think it’s a closet kash item!! I’ve had it for so long I can’t remember but I’m pretty sure
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • StevieCurryStevieCurry Registered Users, Member 759 Posts
    who should i reach out to for missing dye? ☹️
    ios • free player since november 2019 ❀
    ♡˚✧˳⁺⁎ ⁎₊✧༚♡
    @mikaylachimo is it under misc or jewelry? Thank you!!:)
    @mikaylachimo i found it!!!! 😍
  • MiyuriMiyuri Registered Users, Member 287 Posts
    I know very well that this forum is a place to share our gaming experiences but I wanted to write about the situation here in Italy. as you know, italy is on high alert due to the coronavirus; all commercial activities are closed 24 hours a day, except for pharmacies and grocery stores, citizens cannot leave the house except to go to these two places or short trips. If the infection does not stop soon, our hospitals will be close to collapse.
    I explained the situation not to share my negativity with you but to make an appeal: even if you are in countries where the virus has not spread, please be careful. Don't allow him to infect people.
    Stay safe and wash your hands! ❤
    @Chloè_KKH Hey there!
    Writing from South Korea, the 2nd country where the virus started to spread. I feel you, these are difficult times… I was on vacation back home, came back to Korea in February, when the number of cases was still pretty small like other countries, and 3 days after I arrived, boom, it all started. All because some old lady from a cult developed symptoms, refused to get tested and went on with her life going out and about contaminating everyone. I think it is very good that economic activities are stopped for a while in Italy: Korea is a work-obsessed culture and even though people have been advised to work from home, many bosses are against the idea and are still forcing employees to come in. The city where it all started wasn't put on lockdown and people kept traveling around the country… Sure, it's going to be a hit on the economy, having the shops closed down, but businesses are hurting here anyway because people are no longer going out, to the restaurant, etc. So it will be hard financially but hopefully you will contain it faster than we did.

In the 3 weeks 1/2 since I've been back, I went out 4 times. I should have started work on March 2nd (I'm a teacher) but the start of term was pushed back 2 weeks. Now, instead of starting on the 16th, they've decided we should do online classes, but no one has training for it or knows which tools to use, how to make the content, how to adapt our classes to the format. It's all done in a rush with no explanations and additional constraints every day… So instead of stressing just for the virus, my colleagues and I are now stressing about our jobs as well. The numbers of new cases have started to go down a little in the last few days, so hopefully the government will decide life can go back to normal by the end of March (with all the necessary precautions of course), but unfortunately a new cluster has emerged a few subway stations away from where I live and a lot of the infected people from that new cluster live in my town…

So yeah, sorry for the long rant everyone, but I hope your countries are not as affected as ours. When it starts, it is a real mess. Be careful, take care of yourself, avoid crowded places and wash your hands as often as you can (and if there's no water around, hand sanitizers with a high alcohol percentage DO kill viruses: not something I like to use but better than nothing). Don't give in to panic and stock up on food or whatever, there will still be enough for everyone, whether you catch the virus or not…!
    🇫🇷 in 🇰🇷
    Platform: iPadOS 17.2
    Current level: 93
  • ashleydianemashleydianem Registered Users, Member 1,357 Posts
    Possible looks. Not sure where this is going so I put together dressy and casual. I can’t remember where I saw the idea to dye the kollection earrings green and they look like clovers, but thanks for the tip! ☘️🌈

• promquin98promquin98 Registered Users, Member 309 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Delete this.
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    Thank you for your kind words ♥️ 

My situation is this: I live in a small town and work in Florence, I work in a small office (we’re 3).
    the problem isn’t my workplace, the problem is that I take 2 trains to go there and 2 to come back home.
    my boss isn’t a bad person but he still want his office to be active. He doesn’t let us work at home because he wants someone to answer the phone, he says he cares about us but at the same put us in danger, because me and my colleague can only go to work by train. And the government didn’t shut down this type of activity or the public transports so the only thing I can do is be carful. 

Please stay safe ♥️
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• abasili93abasili93 Registered Users 331 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I know very well that this forum is a place to share our gaming experiences but I wanted to write about the situation here in Italy. as you know, italy is on high alert due to the coronavirus; all commercial activities are closed 24 hours a day, except for pharmacies and grocery stores, citizens cannot leave the house except to go to these two places or short trips. If the infection does not stop soon, our hospitals will be close to collapse.
    I explained the situation not to share my negativity with you but to make an appeal: even if you are in countries where the virus has not spread, please be careful. Don't allow him to infect people.
    Stay safe and wash your hands! ❤

Thank you Chloè, I live in Milan and I'm not leaving my house since three weeks, unless for going to the grocery. This appeal is very important, thank you!
    FB Player since 2015 - Android since 2020 🌙
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    English is not my first language 🇮🇹
  • dolldreamdolldream Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    Hope everyone is okay and stays well!!💚

unrelated question but now I’ve had my second kid am I free to break up with my annoying husband? Will I lose fans? Is it better to just keep him and start dating someone else as well? I swear if I was married to this guy in real life I would’ve ripped my eyes out by now😪 
    Thank you for your kind words ♥️ 

My situation is this: I live in a small town and work in Florence, I work in a small office (we’re 3).
    the problem isn’t my workplace, the problem is that I take 2 trains to go there and 2 to come back home.
    my boss isn’t a bad person but he still want his office to be active. He doesn’t let us work at home because he wants someone to answer the phone, he says he cares about us but at the same put us in danger, because me and my colleague can only go to work by train. And the government didn’t shut down this type of activity or the public transports so the only thing I can do is be carful. 

Please stay safe ♥️
    Amanda if you have it, always wear the mask, otherwise just wear gloves everytime you take the train! Prevention is the best solution. I am studying right now so I cannot say I'm in your position, but I feel close to you. Just be careful doll ♥️
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    dolldream said:
    Hope everyone is okay and stays well!!💚

unrelated question but now I’ve had my second kid am I free to break up with my annoying husband? Will I lose fans? Is it better to just keep him and start dating someone else as well? I swear if I was married to this guy in real life I would’ve ripped my eyes out by now😪 
    You will certainly lose fans, but for what I could remember is no big deal reconquer them! Feel free to break up ;) 
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    @JazzyLove07 I would just use whatever green stuff you currently have at first and see what the voting booth looks like before buying anything. If more casual looks are scoring well, I'd definitely go with the long sleeve short dress!

@Chloè_KKH stay safe! I live in Germany and everyone I know is on high alert and being cautious. At my job, we're doing our best to keep everything sanitized! Be careful everyone!
    - Emmy
    @abasili93 @Poopnuggets69 especially as this weekend is a party event!

• AnneMariieAnneMariie Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Thoughts and prayers for people affected across the world , we will defeat this if we stay strong and follow the rules, I live in Italy in a small town with my mother and we are taking strength from each other in this moment, I already don’t go to work since last week, I’m on paid leave, the owner of the shop is a nice person and very considerate which I’m grateful for, everyone out there take care, stay safe, wash your hands constantly and stay indoors if possible. 

Italy can make it, ❤️🤍💚, like China did and South Corea. 

Stay healthy dolls !