šŸ—³ļøSYS - 3/12/20 - St. Patrick's Day Party Theme! ā˜˜ļø

Comments

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Canā€™t believe I won .... first time in months without pulling a sneaky one in the last minutes with the triple threats tickets I usually buy religiously for the diamonds, my group was pretty chill with no crazy TBā€™s...
    I love the hair on my doll but usually sheā€™s blonde, and I think a darker hair suits more this hairstyle but hey Iā€™m not complaining lol...
    Iā€™m in absolutely innnnn lovvveeeee with the dress, itā€™s amazing, and it dyes beautifully in all colors!!!

Now more then ever Iā€™m grateful for KKH keeping us company while we are on lockdown šŸ’ššŸ¤ā¤ļø.

Stay healthy dolls !!!Ā 

Wow wow @annemariie! Look at it in red ā¤ļø
  • lilllylillly Registered Users, Member 72 Posts
    I am shocked. Two tbā€™s in my group but I still passed them. šŸ¤—
  • AnneMariieAnneMariie Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    edited March 2020
    @Rikk I love every color , I love that dress is amazing....

I love the gold one too, but I donā€™t got no gold dies šŸ˜–
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    Love the dress gonna dye it a few different colorsĀ 
  • SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    I came in 2nd! and Iā€™m okay with that šŸ’š. These are my final looks. I love this TS dress omg! Itā€™s gorgeous and also looks beautiful in ice blue ā˜ŗļø.
    IOS doll šŸ’ž

• JabberwoohJabberwooh Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    edited March 2020

I knew right from the start that this was not going to be a successful SYS for me, so I decided to have some fun with the outfits. I present to you:

The "st. Pat might be long dead but punk is not"-look,

the "my favorite hurling team is playing today and god help your soul if you bother me during the match"-look,

the "I'm a housewife and any excuse to drink is a good excuse"-look,

and then (sadly) my highest scoring look at 42 votes.

I could probably have gotten higher scores if I had gone with blonde hair but I refused to conform to the masses this SYS!
    Android player - K star hoarder - Frugal b*tch
    (In-game username: Abbie)

KKH Discord server:Ā 
    https://discord.gg/2ew22AybF9

• oopsididitagainoopsididitagain Registered Users, Member 1,158 Posts
    I love the dress!! Kinda wanna dye it gold & sunset, but dresses that length never do well for me in SYS (& Iā€™m not exactly rolling in dye) so I gotta hold off
  • TheKylieTheKylie Registered Users, Member 531 Posts
    I actually did really well in this sys! My average was 51, and I was #1 until the last 12 hours.. ended in 4.
    I did a little SYS analysis rant last week, and I think I'll do the same this week.Ā 

ā€¢ First, I want to thank the voters for the fact that even when faced with a "cool unique expensive outfit" vs "actually following the theme but with a limited wardrobe", the on-theme option was the popular pick more often than usual this week. Not everyone got great scores when following the theme (including me), but doing the best you can to further enforce sticking to the theme by voting for the on-theme option is a step towards the right direction. This brings me to my next point though.

ā€¢ There is a phenomenon that I like to call "blind exclusivity admiration", in where people tend to be drawn to show admiration for expensive/limited edition/hard to get items/lifestyles even if they don't personally like the items. Kim Kardashian herself might be the biggest example used by people who want to call this out. "She's just famous for being famous". That statement is true (although staying famous in the way Kim has done after her initial rise to fame actually does take quite a bit of talent as a businesswoman), but people who state this often fall for the exact same thing in other formats, like buying trendy designer shoes and then not wearing them because you don't want to get them dirty. Liking an influencer's photo not because it stands out to you as the most perfect photo you've ever seen, but because it's at 55k likes so it must be good if that many people liked it already.Ā It plays on your feelings of wanting to parttake and admire exclusivity even when the product doesn't serve of any use to you.Ā 

ā€¢ I feel like this blind exclusivity admiration plays a big part in SYS events. A lot of people end up voting for the infamous Angel jumpsuit not because it suits the theme, but because they know it's a fairly rare item, and rarity means value, and higher value meansĀ better, right? Right? It ends up being a competition of flexxing on people rather than styling an outfit. It's a shame, because it instantly becomes more fun when you challenge yourself to stick to the SYS themes instead of chasing votes.

ā€¢ I said this last week too, but diamonds really need to be attainable in some other way apart from the SYS earnables. Especially if the diamond based kollections become standard. I understand that Glu's goal is to make money, and thus don't want to present a cap on tickets for example, but that's all the more reason to change theĀ smallĀ things that the community is craving. Making adjustments that won't affect your income drastically, but will make the community feel heard and seen. I've proposed a chance of getting a diamond as a reward for voting being a solution to this. The chance could be as low as 10%, as long as it feels like we canĀ earnĀ it. It would also encourage more participation in the voting booth.

ā€¢ I'm really disappointed in the fact that relevantĀ accessoriesĀ were not appreciated more this SYS. We had the chance to whip out the red hair, the celtic braids, the freckles, and the gawdy holiday items that we would see plenty of irl on St. Patrick's day, but it was clear that creativity was a no-no according to a lot of voters.

ā€¢ I like the idea of the earnable SYS hair, but HOW TF IS IT STAYING IN A BRAID WITHOUT A DAMN ELASTIC??!! "WhEre'S tHe reAliSM?", I ask, while playing a game based on me being an A-list celebrity with multiple mansions...

ā€¢ Is it just me, or is the default personality of your doll just gag inducing? No, Kimberly, I do not know what a "hand hug" is, and I will certainly not give you one. The game is going for a lovable Mary Sue character to please the majority, I get that, but it won't stop me from rolling my eyes whenever my doll is forced to agree with something dumb.Ā 

Just like last week, this rant got way too long, but it got a surprising amount of likes last week, so I guess some of you enjoyed it at least. Have a great night of sleep in preperation of the beginning of a new week!

• imazoraimazora Registered Users, Member 384 Posts
    i maaaaay have snuck in a couple of extra tickets at the end for this hair... but i was behind 2 tbā€™s whose looks were.... lackluster. i refuse to feel too bad!Ā 
    iOS - Ivy Kkh on FB! - ok i don't know what most people put here i'm gonna go nowĀ 

I knew right from the start that this was not going to be a successful SYS for me, so I decided to have some fun with the outfits. I present to you:

The "st. Pat might be long dead but punk is not"-look,

the "my favorite hurling team is playing today and god help your soul if you bother me during the match"-look,

the "I'm a housewife and any excuse to drink is a good excuse"-look,

and then (sadly) my highest scoring look at 42 votes.

I could probably have gotten higher scores if I had gone with blonde hair but I refused to conform to the masses this SYS!
    šŸ’š i love how you did this ! It gets boring to see the same glam stuff over and over.Ā 
  • ElleOhElleElleOhElle Registered Users, Member 436 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Iā€™m very annoyed. I submitted my first look only a few minutes after the event have started, so I donā€™t understand why I havenā€™t been placed in a trendsetter group. The event has officially ended and I have still not been placed. Apparently, Iā€™m in second place though so idk how the game determined that if I have never been put in a group standings to begin with? Also I would have at least won the dress, but I canā€™t even seem to claim my reward.

iOS player
    PM me if you would like to add me
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    @ElleOhElle I would send your screenshots and your game id to @eggsandbananas maybe he can help you! I have never seen someone not be placed into a group for the entire weekend the longest it ever took me was my third lookĀ 
  • keepingupwithkelseykeepingupwithkelsey Registered Users, Member 229 Posts
    Wish I was able to get the hairšŸ˜© came in 4th place against three TB.. I hope you dolls had an amazing weekend! šŸ€šŸŒˆšŸ’• Sending you all lots of love & prayers! Stay safe with all this crazy stuff going on.Ā 
    @therealChar that's the sweetest compliment I have ever received šŸ˜¢Ā 
    I wish more people could have more fun with the looks instead of having to worry about what the voters think (although it's fully understandable and I'm equally guilty of worrying too)

• AVINXXAVINXX Registered Users, Member 257 Posts

Managed to get first place! And i love all the items so im really happy šŸ˜Š
    I play two games: Annie on IOS and Lottie on Android!Ā 
  • nadyaNnadyaN Registered Users, Member 21 Posts

with 16 looks i got 1st, i had more 50+ but these are my fav.Ā 
  • nadyaNnadyaN Registered Users, Member 21 Posts

some other looks i likedĀ 
    @therealChar that's the sweetest compliment I have ever received šŸ˜¢Ā 
    I wish more people could have more fun with the looks instead of having to worry about what the voters think (although it's fully understandable and I'm equally guilty of worrying too)
    Same i try to have more fun with looks especially for casual themes. Theres so many things in my kloset i never get to use cause gowns win the votes most of the time.Ā 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

I had a ticket buyer in the beginning so I wasn't sure how this would play out. I waited to submit my last look with 30 min to go and it's a good thing I did. I think #2 was originally #3 when I last checked, but my last look scored 56 šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøĀ  Hope she didn't pay for that extra ticket.Ā 
  • hyamihyami Registered Users, Member 120 Posts
    I canā€™t even remember the last time this happened, but I actually got first place! Ā Iā€™m so shocked really. Ā I was already used to the usual second place.

congrats everyone! Ā Also, stay safe.

My dollā€™s insta: Hyami.kkhĀ 
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    My high and low looks have already been posted, but hereā€™s my most on theme look cause letā€™s be honest Iā€™d never go to a St Patricks Day celebration in a big puffy dress

Also I came in 5th which is fine but after all the green, I totally had to use some dye

Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • SilverbellaSilverbella Registered Users, Member 81 Posts

Multiple handhelds and cute hair styles, lovely dresses...so many great things this weekend!Ā šŸ’š
    @Silverbella your styling of the green hair is awesome! Love the galaxy vibe
  • SilverbellaSilverbella Registered Users, Member 81 Posts
    Thank you so much @oopsididitagain, I loved how you styled the other weekend dresses too!Ā šŸ’—
  • Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Many many ways to improve SYS. Goes to show you Glu doesnā€™t listen or else these suggestions would have been implemented long ago. Iā€™ve just simply come to a point to just stop offering any suggestions. And slowly but surely start detaching myself from this game.
    IOS Player. Pm to add šŸ’–
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I forgot to post my best/worst/favorite. The worst one was my first look I submitted, thankfully my scores improved after that!! The best one was the closest thing to a gown I used all weekend and the only time I forced myself to wear this hat (I love the hat but hateĀ the hair underneath), and my favorite one includes my absolute favorite separates to dye every color, playing around with green hair that I donā€™t use often enough, and ofc my beloved beer mug handheld. Really loved this event overall šŸ€
    platform: iOS šŸ’žĀ message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
    @mikaylachimo your worst is a crime. On theme & well styled, 20/10 deserved higherĀ