To-Dye-List/Clothing Dye Discussion Thread

Comments

• EmCharlotteEmCharlotte Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It’s official, the opal dye is gorgeous and I need about 100 of it ✨ my only dilemma will be what I dye first when I finally manage to nab enough to colour a dress!!!! I haven’t even tried dying other items yet!

Let’s be friends - Emmy KKH on FB. I play on iOS 🤍
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    @EmCharlotte I love the long-sleeved one on your doll! It really shows off the potential of that dye 😊
  • KatWalkerKatWalker Registered Users 174 Posts

Seeing this dress in opal set off a memory of my favorite pencil in first grade, it was light purple with shiny rainbow squiggles all across it just like the colors on this dress and I remember it perfectly
    join my KK:H Discord chat server here!
    iOS player. add me in game on FB!
  • lindz_kayla3711lindz_kayla3711 Registered Users, Member 276 Posts

The opal on this dress is just TO DYE FOR😍😂😍

• LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited December 2019
    These are my top picks for the opal dye BONANZA (but I haven't dyed anything yet!) I think the first one is probably the best but it's going to be a long time before I get enough opal dye for another one!

Edit: this posted in the most annoying way possible and I don't know how to fix it I am so sorry

I had 17 opal dye burning a hole in my pocket, so I dyed a bunch of stuff for Luka! It’s not as easy because there aren’t a lot of shiny/glittery items for male dolls, but I love the way these items turned out!

• LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    This dress was a late entry to the opal stakes and I made a hasty last minute decision on it. Gosh it's pretty 

• georgiab123456georgiab123456 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Can I still swap dyes? I can’t find the shop to do it anymore!
    It’s not available right now @georgiab123456! I hope they bring the dye exchange back again soon 😊 
  • Angel_sikesAngel_sikes Registered Users, Member 11 Posts

• TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts

I did some dye jobs and I am particularly proud of. 😊
     Opal dyes on the silver dress and butterfly clutch. 
    Blue sapphire dyes on the black bustier to match the TS leather-jean bottom. 
    Champagne dyes on the green dress from Xmas. 
    IOS Player 
  • cari868cari868 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I'm actually a big fan of the dye function. I have so many clothing items I never wear just because I don't like the color. I'm VERY specific about my colors.

I do think there's some work ahead though. First of all, sorry Koko but I hate the color purple 😂 and am not the biggest fan of pink. I live for warm fall colors, nudes and the occasional pastel so I'm not the biggest fan of the color choices and I can't believe they didn't add black????? (Though I have noticed depending on the item, the colors can turn out very different.
    So far I've seen that with a lot of clothes the color overlay looks really bad and awkward but I am excited nonetheless!

I am curious to see how easily these will be the achieve though? I remember the weekend event outfit Kalinda posted only containing 2 items so I'm assuming our weekend event will have an earnable dye or some kind of dye box? Idk. I wonder if you get to choose which dye you receive because I know I would be pissed if I ended up with a bunch of purple dye 😂
    Hi new user here trying my hardest to figure out how the hell the use the dyes? If I try adding them to an outfit and leaving it the color does not stay. Help please 
  • Ronnie_KKHRonnie_KKH Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    cari868 said:
    I'm actually a big fan of the dye function. I have so many clothing items I never wear just because I don't like the color. I'm VERY specific about my colors.

I do think there's some work ahead though. First of all, sorry Koko but I hate the color purple 😂 and am not the biggest fan of pink. I live for warm fall colors, nudes and the occasional pastel so I'm not the biggest fan of the color choices and I can't believe they didn't add black????? (Though I have noticed depending on the item, the colors can turn out very different.
    So far I've seen that with a lot of clothes the color overlay looks really bad and awkward but I am excited nonetheless!

I am curious to see how easily these will be the achieve though? I remember the weekend event outfit Kalinda posted only containing 2 items so I'm assuming our weekend event will have an earnable dye or some kind of dye box? Idk. I wonder if you get to choose which dye you receive because I know I would be pissed if I ended up with a bunch of purple dye 😂
    Hi new user here trying my hardest to figure out how the hell the use the dyes? If I try adding them to an outfit and leaving it the color does not stay. Help please 
    You have to actually have dye available to use. Different items take different amounts of dyes. Dresses take 5, tops and bottoms take 3, shoes take 1, etc. When you click on the item in the closet your dyes are shown underneath the item like so: 

When a color has a black bar over with a number on it, it means you haven’t dyed the item that color yet. The numbers on the very bottom are how much dye you have. The color with no black bar means you have dyed the item this color. You have to tap a color and hit yes to dye it, like this:

Hit yes so your item will dye and your dyes will disappear from the owned bar on the bottom. 
    If you try to dye an item and don’t have enough dyes this happens: 

you can earn dyes from daily gift boxes, black and gold throwback event boxes, event gift boxes, and SYS competitions. 

• SystemSystem Registered Users 158 Posts
    This discussion was created from comments split from: 🎆 KK:H v10 Update - 5 Year Kimiversary!.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Bump for merge
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DeevaOfGaiaDeevaOfGaia Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Is there a place to buy dye from? I desperately need Emerald Green, I remember trading dye once but I can’t remember where, can anyone help me please?
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    @DeevaOfGaia You're thinking of the dye exchange in Santa Monica. Unfortunately it only comes around every so often for a limited time and isn't a permanent feature in the game, it's not in place at the moment. We've been begging Glu to make it a permanent thing though 😂 maybe one day 
    - Emmy
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    i finally have enough opal dyes for a dress.. i just dont know what dress!! 
    this is my top pick, but i need opinions.. is it too overexposed? if so, im probably just going to save my dye 
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts
    @samanthakkh I would save.

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

• samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    @samanthakkh I would save.
    yea i think i will! thanks so much
  • emmaissonemmaisson Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    Ok gonna spend some gold dye! 
    Agree 1st dress 
    awesome 2nd dress 
  • oopsididitagainoopsididitagain Registered Users, Member 1,158 Posts
    I have so many blue dyes stacked up because I can’t find anything that I want to dye! Does anyone have examples of items that dye well blue??
  • abasili93abasili93 Registered Users 331 Posts
    I have so many blue dyes stacked up because I can’t find anything that I want to dye! Does anyone have examples of items that dye well blue??
    The TS dress from the St. Patrick's SYS!
    FB Player since 2015 - Android since 2020 🌙
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    English is not my first language 🇮🇹
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    The ice blue or sapphire blue?
  • oopsididitagainoopsididitagain Registered Users, Member 1,158 Posts
    @soundspretty sapphire! (I wish I could stack up ice blue, there's just too many things I wanna use that one on lol.)
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I think any outfit with some sparkle looks best with the darker colors. I find myself saving dye for popular gowns because of SYS. 

Also don't forget about handhelds. I just realized a blue clutch would look cute with a black dress. 
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    Wasn’t sure if the new dress would dye ok but I quite like it dyed several ways
  • EliisaEliisa Registered Users, Member 14 Posts

My first dye! Wanted to use the red dye first and I think this one turned out quite nice. I didn’t really like the original version of this dress.
  • ViennaKKHViennaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,388 Posts
    Hi everyone !

Can you guys help me out?
    I have never dyed before and I was wondering if I dye something, will it be permanent or do I keep te original one + the dyed one in my closet?