🌈Haven From the Storm.....Dedicated Thread

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
I know I am not alone, in often needing a safe positive place.  A nurturing thread where we can come for comfort in this time of enormous stress, and unfathomable circumstances. 
I found this picture, and thought it might be appropriate.  A blooming sign of renewal and rebirth, against a bleak and blurry backdrop.  I feel like we are in that bleak and blurry background, that is the current world situation.  But look, 1st buds of Spring.  That gives me great strength and encouragement. 
Lets comfort and share with each other.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1

Comments

• snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts

I love the idea of this thread, thank you for starting it Koko! I've already posted Buddy and his warm fire on another thread but here's a cosy doggo for anyone needing a serotonin boost. If you're self-isolating treat this as a chance for self-care, have a hot bath (if you have one), read a book you've been meaning to brush the dust off, reach out to friends who are in the same position or old friends you've not spoken to in a while but miss, tidy or rearrange your room if you're getting stir-crazy. As @HannahKKH said I'm also here if anyone needs to vent or needs some support! Sending love to you all💕
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
  • HannahKKHHannahKKH Registered Users, Member 946 Posts
    My mental health has been really bad the past week or so. I’m unemployed right now so I haven’t been leaving the house which is just as well, since I’m high risk because of my asthma. It’s been nearly 2 weeks since I’ve left my house, so I’ve been self isolating before we were even meant to 😅 I don’t know why, but my depression has been the worst it has been in a long time. Last week there was one evening where I honestly just wanted to die 😞 I’m still taking my medication so I’m not sure why it’s so bad at the moment. I’m just taking one day at a time, and I’m trying not to let my hygiene and all of that sorta stuff slip up again. I got dumped almost a month ago and I’ve also slipped back into some of my ED habits, so I’m really not having a good time of things lately. 
    Now I’m making sure I get out of bed every day, and do at least one productive thing a day, whether it be a ‘simple’ thing like showering or brushing my teeth, or tackling one part of my room to tidy or sort out.

I hope my little ‘confession’ of sorts will help other people open up if they need to, and don’t forget that you’re not alone. 💞
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    Violet is my doll. iOS player ✨
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
    PM me for FB add info! Let’s be friends 👯‍♀️
  • FilipaKKHFilipaKKH Registered Users, Member 516 Posts
    HannahKKH said:
    My mental health has been really bad the past week or so. I’m unemployed right now so I haven’t been leaving the house which is just as well, since I’m high risk because of my asthma. It’s been nearly 2 weeks since I’ve left my house, so I’ve been self isolating before we were even meant to 😅 I don’t know why, but my depression has been the worst it has been in a long time. Last week there was one evening where I honestly just wanted to die 😞 I’m still taking my medication so I’m not sure why it’s so bad at the moment. I’m just taking one day at a time, and I’m trying not to let my hygiene and all of that sorta stuff slip up again. I got dumped almost a month ago and I’ve also slipped back into some of my ED habits, so I’m really not having a good time of things lately. 
    Now I’m making sure I get out of bed every day, and do at least one productive thing a day, whether it be a ‘simple’ thing like showering or brushing my teeth, or tackling one part of my room to tidy or sort out.

I hope my little ‘confession’ of sorts will help other people open up if they need to, and don’t forget that you’re not alone. 💞
    I started doing this as well and it's actually so helpful! It's important to protect our mental health, whether in self-quarantine or self-isolation. Maintaining some kind of routine helps a lot, still waking up at a consistent, reasonable time, so it'll be easier to readjust to the outside world when it's time. One thing that helps me is the simple exposure to outdoor light. It might sound silly and might not work with everyone, but just seeing the sun helps me a lot, since I haven't gone out in a looooong time. I feel my biological & social clock aligning themselves with sunlight, it makes me feel lighter and ready to be productive. It's normal to experience fear, anxiety and symptoms of depression during such a stressful time, our brain isn't used to this and it's trying to adapt and deal with all this in its own way. It's okay to slow down, don't be too hard on yourselves and stay safe!
    🇵🇹 • no longer a kkh player & not active on the forum • 🏳️‍🌈
  • vxnxsvxnxs Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Thanks @kokokokonut for opening this thread, I think it's a great addition to the forum and the perfect match because it's easier to admit things anonymously online sometimes when we don't want people in our lives to know that we're struggling. I know it will be a great outlet <3 

@HannahKKH I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you lately, that's enough to make anybody depressed. Please remember to be kind to yourself and it's so great that you're taking it day by day. It's sad that your relationship ended, I know that can take a looong time to get over so don't let anyone tell you that you should be over it or anything. A lot of people will pretend that they're moved on when it usually takes months if not years sometimes and I have friends who've beaten themselves up every step of the way thinking that they're taking too long. 

I'm actually also unemployed and have been for seven or eight months now (I wanted to be because I've had a creative project I've been trying to finish for years so I understand my situation is probably different) and it's funny but I don't really miss work and the interaction as much as I thought I would. I think the trick is that I live with my three best friends so I always have the best time at home and I always have someone to talk to. My point is that even in extraneous circumstances being surrounded by people you love can make you feel good so even though it's hard not to be isolated, it's so important to spend quality time with people even if it's at home or via video. 

I agree with @FilipaKKH that sunlight makes a big difference for me. I love to go outside for half an hour or even just sit by the biggest window when I have lunch. It always makes me feel great. 

I also think it's natural to be extra depressed at a time like this when the world is in crisis but just knowing that everyone is going through the same thing all over the globe makes me feel better about it. I hope you continue to take it slow and give yourself as much time as you need. I know from experience that it will get so much better!  <3
    @vxnxs thank you so much! I’m surprisingly doing better about the break up than I thought I would be. I guess I’m just getting more and more used to it every time it happens 😅 

I’ve been unemployed for an embarrassingly long time and I really don’t miss doing work, but I miss the social interaction and feeling like I have a ‘purpose’ and I’ve kinda just slipped into a bad routine of sleeping in (because I have trouble sleeping at night) and then I don’t usually do much with my day. But I’m slowly trying to break these habits! Not very successfully so far, but all I can do is try.

I live in the UK so we hardly ever get any sun, which probably doesn’t help my depression to be honest. And I live in a place where rent is extremely expensive so even if I did have a job I wouldn’t be able to afford living on my own/in a house share. So I’m stuck at my parents for the foreseeable future. 

Thank you for your kind words 💖
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤

I unfortunately don’t have any pets of my own, but this is my friends dog Coven. She’s a lil cutie 🥺 (I got these from my instagram archive, they’re the only photos/screenshots I have of her)
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • princesspreciousprincessprecious Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    edited March 2020
    @HannahKKH I can relate to a lot of what you're saying, and that really upsets me. There's many reasons why your depression might be at its highest, many of them completely out of your control! 

I'm so sorry that this is having an affect on your previous ED, I'm so grateful to have come through the other side of mine. I know you can do it, even if you don't think you can, I KNOW you can!! 

This is another small blip in the road, you've been through worse and you POWERED through it! Look at yourself! You're so strong and an inspiration to your younger self!

If you ever need to talk, that includes anyone in this forum, please resch out xx
    @princessprecious I’m sorry that you relate to the same problems! But thank you for your sweet and empowering words, it means more to me than you can imagine 💕
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • princesspreciousprincessprecious Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @HannahKKH don't be sorry, it's okay lovely, we are both strong, we are both warriors, we both have got this! We have all got this  💪🏽💕 

I realise it’s pretty much just me commenting on this thread currently lmao BUT I’ve had so many nice messages on this thread and privately and I just want to thank you all for being so lovely 💖 I consider you all my friends and I’m so glad that I found this forum 🥺
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    HannahKKH said:
    I’ve been unemployed for an embarrassingly long time and I really don’t miss doing work, but I miss the social interaction and feeling like I have a ‘purpose’ and I’ve kinda just slipped into a bad routine of sleeping in (because I have trouble sleeping at night) and then I don’t usually do much with my day. But I’m slowly trying to break these habits! Not very successfully so far, but all I can do is try.
    @HannahKKH same. Same for that whole part. I've been unemployed since August, and I'm really searching, it's just that there are not a lot of opportunities in my field. I've had interviews for half of the jobs I applied to, but my experience "isn't enough" even if "we love everything else about you".
    Fortunately, I can afford my own apartment (thanks to welfare!), I go back and forth from my mom's house to my place. I'm really active when I'm at my mom's, gardening, painting, weaving, cooking, but it's the complete opposite when I'm at my place. I'm keeping my place so I can escape the seemingly happy life I have at my mom's, 'cause no, it's not really it either, even if I'm active.
    I hope things clear up soon for you, me, and everyone else who is in the same situation!
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
    @AguadeCoco I totally understand! I either don’t even get an interview or when I do, I don’t do well because my anxiety causes me to go blank every time and I never know what to say. I suck at interviews 😞 I hate when they say you don’t have enough experience!! Maybe if you hire me then I’ll get some?! I’ve gone for jobs where they say experience isn’t necessary because they do training but then I end up not getting the job because I don’t have enough experience, like what??? How does that even make sense. I hope you find something soon ✨
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    Girls, I’m here for whoever wants to talk. Even if you don’t feel like venting but just want to talk/think of anything else! 

Positive things: @HannahKKH I love the style of your tattoos! How many do you have? I only have 2 and I was planning on getting the third one before this situation 😅

Let’s think of something else. Girls, post your tattoos if you have some! Let’s clear our minds 

These are mine, both on my right arm
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
    @elettrahere I have about 21 tattoos I think! 😅 this is my biggest and my fave

Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    Breathtaking 😍 what was the first one? @HannahKKH
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
    @elettrahere thank you! this was my first one! I got it on the inside of my arm 7 years ago, a few months before I turned 19!
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    Ooh tattoo talk! I can get on board with that! I have 17- I think really should remember as was doing french homework with my son last night and he had to describe his family and I had to count them up! Had my first at 18. A few of them I regret and plan to cover up at some point. I have a couple inspired by films/tv shows I love, for example Kusanagi’s neck ports from ghost in the shell and I have a dauntless symbol on my wrist and three birds on my collarbone from divergent. However, my most recent one was this Medusa on my right leg, which I’ve wanted for ages as I love Medusa (as can be seen on my avatar lol) I have plans for my next one it’s based around terminator 2 as it’s my fave film not totally sure what I want. I keep flitting between 4 ideas and I’m not sure how big I want. I also want to get some vines along the edge of my ear, I have a small cherry blossom branch in one ear and want something the other side as I think I’m currently odd, I have a real thing about keeping the number of them even on each side I don’t know why but it bugs me. Ok so I’m gonna stop rambling now lol.

I play on iOS
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts

Only tat i got.Im a big mermaid obsessed person 😂 so i got my fav disney princess on my wrist i have far more piercings though that was my thing but i need more tats
    I just spent the past 5 hours on video chat with my friends and we had a games night via Twitch/video chat playing Jackbox and now I’m wine drunk and feeling merry 😅 it’s 23:50 here and I definitely won’t be getting to sleep just yet. How’s everyone’s day going? ☺️
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
    😎 got the new animal crossing so im playing it
  • PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    Tried to get a cute picture of my cat but he wasn't being cooperative...so instead I present to you Zenny & Norman ❤💖💗

Dapper Zenny

Zenny with big stick

Norman helping cut the grass

& Baby Norman

🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
    @PlantWitch oh my god what cuties!! baby Norman though 🥺🥺😍😍
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    @HannahKKH Awww thank you!💕 He still thinks he's that small, he loves to jump in laps and lay on you until you can't feel your legs anymore lol! 😂
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I hate that I press quote by mistake and get stuck with this box lol

Wow! All the tattoos you dolls are showing are gorgeous! I like seeing tattoos on other people but I've never gotten one. I'm too much of a coward and I fear it might hurt a lot :lol:
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    This would be me

Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    @dpeters the hurt is only temporary though tats hurt more i prefer piercings. You can start out very small though
    @therealChar I'd like something like this to start :smile:
     So cute! 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    @dpeters see thats cute! Most youd feel is some pinching. I love small tats.
  • snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I've been meaning to get a tattoo in honour of my late mum for so long now, it's a bit cliché but I wanted some lavender sprigs on my ankle as the smell of it reminds me of her walking me to school and us picking sprigs off her best friend's lavender bush while we waited for her kids to get ready to go to school. She had a daisy on right on her buttcheek so I think it's a subtle homage to her hahahaha! I think as soon as this is over (however long it'll be) I'm gonna bite the bullet and just do it.

I've already changed my surname to be double-barrelled so I could include her maiden name, especially as hers was "Hope" which is so fitting for when times are rough. So catch me updating you guys in a years time when I finally get it done! 
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard