***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Lisylis said:
    every country has rumours about the government being about to announce a total lockdown
    THIS lol. Everyone in my state is posting “rumor has it” “my friend told me” “my mom heard from her coworker” etc etc etc that national lockdown starts Monday, national guard is in town and ready to patrol, whatever. The rumors spread so much that our governor held a press conference to say this isn’t true and isn’t likely for our state, and people are still just losing their minds 🙃
    Yeah, our prime minister had to be like "guys I do not have the time to debunk every insane rumour you hear, I will tell you what's happening" lmao
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited March 2020
    They issued a stay at home order beginning Tues evening for us. My company is still considering itself essential because we sell refrigerators and freezers. Except that's not what 99% of people are there shopping for. It's frustrating but I understand to some extent. I just hope the public doesn't see us as a destination to go to bc they are bored and we're one of the few stores still open. 

A neighboring state is seeing cases double night over night. I think the Midwest is probably a week behind the coastal cities being hit hard right now so I'm bracing.
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    After only a week, the government already extended our lockdown for another 15 days. Even though it was an obvious move, the perspective of 22 more days at home (and lbr, probably even more) just seems unbelievable. If a month ago someone told me that it would escalate that, I’d have a hard time believing it.

• EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    I've been watching the news here in the UK over the weekend and my blood is boiling! Thousands of people out and about, crowding on to seafronts and into our parks with no regards for social distancing measures.

Don't get me wrong, it has been a lovely weekend weather wise and I get it, you're cooped up and frustrated, but it just isn't worth it in the long run. Stop being selfish, go home stay home and do your bloody part in helping us beat this!!
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
    edited March 2020
    If you like reading, sign up for bookbub.com

Select categories of books you like and they'll send you an email every day with links of discounted ebooks with at least one free one. If you like romance books, this site does the same thing but for that specific genre: redfeatherromance.com
  • Ryley1eRyley1e Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    In my work they told me on wednesday I could home office which im really thankful but I also know its a privilege, in my country we have less than 300 cases confirmed and about 500 pending to know, which its a lot but not like Italy, Iran, or China, so if you live in a country that has mass cases please do your best to stay safe!

Here people need to go to work, just a couple of industries and companies are deciding to let workers do home office, others are giving people 2 weeks of rest but they take it as "vacations" so they are paying those weeks but workers dont know what its going to happen after those two weeks, independient business are suffering cause people (myself included) dont want to buy food because you dont know how they are making it.

I think something that its very upseting its that people think its vacations, they are going out like nothing its happeing even out when our governor told us to self quarentine as much as possible, I saw a video yesterday of a supermarket near by my house full with kids, women, men, whole families, beaches full, those people believe covid its just like the flu, so nothing its going to really happen, when we have seen this its not just another flu, we dont have a cure yet, people are dying by the minute, and oh Lord, they are putting in risk not just themselves but a lot of people as well, here the only thing that its in stand by right now its schools until the last week of april.

And lets not start with the fact that almost everyone did panic shopping 2 weeks ago, so there is not toilet paper (like why???), can food, meat, wipes, gloves, handsanitizer, things like that.

So from my home to yours im hoping you all stay safe, take care of yourself and your families, take all the precautions even if you think its way too much, by taking care of yourself you are also taking care of everyone else in your community, and helping nurses and doctors to stay a little bit safer (in my family I have people that work in hospitals and its nervewrecking not knowing if they are going to be okay after they go to a 12 hour shift) so let help stoping the virus by taking all the measures and care we can. 
  • robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    edited March 2020
    hello dolls. I see that a lot of people Are staying at home in other country’s. In Lithuania everything is closed for two weeks right now and thinking about stay closed for another month. I really like this. But here I’m. Stuck in Germany 😞 I live here right now. But I’m here alone and scared. I still have to go to work. I see a lot of people going outside. I Really hope we gonna get changes soon! My German language is weak. I don’t understand everything but my friend helps my with this so I know what’s happening. But right now I’m so scared 🥺
    iOS player 

edited March 2020
    hello dolls. I see that a lot of people Are staying at home in other country’s. In Lithuania everything is closed for two weeks right now and thinking about stay closed for another month. I really like this. But here I’m. Stuck in Germany 😞 I live here right now. But I’m here alone and scared. I still have to go to work. I see a lot of people going outside. I Really hope we gonna get changes soon! My German language is weak. I don’t understand everything but my friend helps my with this so I know what’s happening. But right now I’m so scared 🥺
    Where do you work? Germany recently banned gatherings of more than 2 people (who weren't in the same house), didn't they? I read non-essential shops are closing. Keep calm, people will stay inside and things will get better.
  • robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Lisylis said:
    Where do you work? Germany recently banned gatherings of more than 2 people (who weren't in the same house), didn't they? I read non-essential shops are closing. Keep calm, people will stay inside and things will get better.
    Well at work I do have a little contact with other people. Good thing that after two hours I go in my office and then work alone. I hope this gonna end soon and well 🥺
    and yes in a group can be only 2 people.
    iOS player 

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I live in the Netherlands and I have been working from home since last Monday and homeschooling our young twins now that the schools are closed, which is challenging to say the least. Luckily my work is very understanding and is okay with me being less available and not as productive as I would have been in the office.

Today our government has an urgent debate as this weekend hordes of people went out to enjoy the weather at our beaches and parcs as 'they were indoors all week'... It seriously blows my mind how careless people can be. Don't they know people are dying??? I spent my day in my backyard and went for a run (which for now we can still do as individuals). 

It is expected that the government will issue a lockdown for all citizens with non-essential professions but we will know more after the press conference.

Stay safe, stay healthy dolls  <3

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    My mom just left for the hospital to stay a few days under observation, as she might have a meningitis... I made a terrible mistake looking online what it is and how it could develop... I really hope it's not that, and she'll  be well soon!!
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • MiyuriMiyuri Registered Users, Member 287 Posts
    @AguadeCoco Wow, that’s already super scary under normal circumstances but even more nowadays. But it’s good that she’s been taken in, the medical staff will be right there for her if she needs it. I hope for you and your family that everything turns out ok!!
    🇫🇷 in 🇰🇷
    Platform: iPadOS 17.2
    Current level: 93
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Some people in the UK see some sun and just loose all common sense. Sums up yesterday and today pretty well. Makes me angry 🙄

iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • Chloè_KKHChloè_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    I wanted to share some advice that a pharmacist from my city gave and that can be useful!
    - disinfect everything you buy with a solution of water and denatured alcohol or water and bleach (you can find the quantities on the internet I think, if you want I can post them)
    - once back home, gargle with a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide (1-2 tablespoons in 100 ml of water) to wash the mouth well of any bacteria
    - spray the sole of the shoes with the disinfectant solution written above
    - to know for sure if a mask is really effective, breathe against a mirror and if it fogs up, you can assist the mask with a layer of aluminum foil or parchment paper
    Android
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Thank you @Miyuri for your kind words 💕
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • emmaissonemmaisson Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    Don’t be a Willow, guys. Stay safe ❤️
    Dolls, do you have any more tips besides the ones Chloé already said, your government have said to you? Because mine today said we are going to implement social distancing, to wear gloves when we go to the supermarket, dont use masks unless you are already sick, use alcohol 70 (I guess) because is the one that get rid of bacteria, dont hug or kiss anyone, basic things like that, but I wanna be as prepared as possible and maybe know some tips you may know.

• snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Any UK dolls feeling the burn of the 8:30 update from Boris? Can't believe I actually cried over the prospect of not seeing my boyfriend for weeks lmao.

I've struggled with depression and anxiety since I was 9 when my mum died, finally got on antidepressants at 18 then finally felt good enough to come off them at 21 and now I feel I've gone full circle and might need them again. There's a lot more I know I can't post on the forum because of the rules and minors on here but my coping habits have been far from healthy and I'm scared I'll slip back into them. I was so comfortable knowing that no matter what, I'd be able to see him and one of my best friends who lives out in the country so is low risk but now that's gone for the time being and it's just me, my uni work, and my 9 hours a week of (under)paid work at a supermarket (where no customers respect the social distancing rules and there aren't enough gloves for us all) I have to keep me going. 

Need to keep reminding myself this is temporary and although seeing him and my friends is the only thing that gives me joy, this will pass, and although Facetime is nothing like actual quality time, it's better than nothing. I shouldn't even be complaining as so many of you have it so much worse than me but god I don't want to slip back into old habits if you get what I mean 😞 Hoping you guys are all feeling okay and coping well, I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow a little more positive about it all.
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
    @Ryley1e I personally wear masks and gloves every time I go out cause I could carry the virus without knowing it, everybody could carry it and infect other people. 
    Android
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

@Chloè_KKH we were told here not to do it unless you have any possibility of being ill, have cough, or the flu, or anything like that, because if we all start to buy the little or no e existing masks we were left after the panic shopping happened, we would leave the already ill without the chance of getting masks, and thats how they could infect others. 

• snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    @kkh_clarice I hope this becomes the next new trend, ngl bushy brows and dark roots on bleached hair already bang as it is. I took up learning to do my own acrylics last years as well so maybe there's hope for some of us?
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
    @Ryley1e since in my city it's impossible to find any type of masks I made my own one with some fabric, it's like a pocket where I can put other materials inside ✌
    Android
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    Face masks are pretty easy to make if you need to. Basic sewing. Just need fabric, sewing kit, and some stretchy bands
    My city announced they were in dire need of blood donations due to lack of participation around virus fears. Something to look into 
    Just wanted to say that I have booked an appointment to give blood next week and I'm encouraging my friends to do the same!
    Lisylis said:
    My city announced they were in dire need of blood donations due to lack of participation around virus fears. Something to look into 
    Just wanted to say that I have booked an appointment to give blood next week and I'm encouraging my friends to do the same!

Yay! My work usually sponsers an event so I wasn't sure so what to do and I wanted to share what I found for anyone else in the US who is interested: 

https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/find-drive

You see can see dates of available drives and pick an appointment time and type of donation you'd like to make. It's a super easy and painless process and more importantly, it makes you feel good with everyone else going on 😊 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited March 2020
    This period is stressful and scary for everyone, so it’s nice to have a place where we can let it out here. I’m thankful for you guys.

Things are ok over here but I’m extremely stressed out by the social isolation...I’m a really affectionate and social person and I feel like I’m dissolving from not seeing anyone...I really need a hug tbh. My mom lives in the US and I haven’t been able to reach her in over a month. Her health isn’t very good (she’s in remission but still weak) and she’s older so I’m really worried about her.  

I picked the worst time apparently to look for a new job...now most companies in Germany have frozen hiring because of the economic downturn so I’m getting emails that positions I applied to don’t exist anymore. I’m really scared and don’t know how I’m going to support myself. The market is flooded now with unemployed people like me because a lot of temporary, probationary, and part-time workers lost their jobs in this crisis.

I think the part that’s keeping me awake at night is not knowing how much longer this will continue or how much worse it will get 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    I think we are all on the same boat @rikk. My sister is working overseas and she basically stuck till the quarantine period is over and she can travel back home but it also seem like where she is working also going into lockdown and it seem like weeks will go into months before I can see her. And. I am slowly going crazy as there are talk that the government might extend the quarantine another week or 2 on top of the two weeks we are currently on. I know it is important to self isolate at this time but I admit I am scared of what about to come and when will it end. 
    IOS Player