🌈Haven From the Storm.....Dedicated Thread

2Next

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

My pup had a rough day at the vet (had to get a tooth pulled) Now she's cuddling with my husband. My heart 😍
  • JaelynJaxJaelynJax Registered Users 624 Posts
    HannahKKH said:
    @elettrahere I have about 21 tattoos I think! 😅 this is my biggest and my fave

That’s a badass tattoo very nice...no tattoos here 
    Daily iOS Player: Level 55
    🌻NubianQueen🌻
    Platform: iOS
    Send Message for Add
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    Jumping in to post my tattoo! I have 3 in total and this is the newest one (although it's 1 year old). These flowers are very special to me: the bottom one represents my grandma who passed away, the middle one is my mom's favorite and the ones on top are my favorite ☺️ However, my ED pushed me into losing a lot of weight and I feel like the tattoo shrunk so much 🥺 It used to be so much bigger but it's kinda tiny now:") 

IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • HannahKKHHannahKKH Registered Users, Member 946 Posts
    @kadamisia that’s such a pretty tattoo! I have an ED too and I got this tattoo when I was still skinny and now I’ve put on weight it just kinda ~stretches~ with it?? So whether you gain weight or not it’ll still be super cute ☺️ (Dealing with weight gain is hard tho am I right 🥵)

Hannah 🇬🇧
    Violet is my doll. iOS player ✨
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
    PM me for FB add info! Let’s be friends 👯‍♀️
    @HannahKKH Gorgeous 👏🏻😍 It looks stunning!! Love the style😍 And yeah, I would've never thought that putting on weight will be 1000 times harder for me than loosing it. It kinda shifted my whole perspective on this topic. I wish you the best of luck and I am certain great things are coming your way ❤️
    IOS player
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited March 2020
    HannahKKH said:
    @elettrahere I have about 21 tattoos I think! 😅 this is my biggest and my fave

Omg, was Debbi Harry the model/

I so badly wanted a little butterfly or heart tat. It was my in my active biker years, and we went to Pete’s Ink, across from then racetrack.  Holly was getting a slave bracelet on her ankle.  Bob looked down at me, ( 6’6” compared to my 5’6” - ok  with platform shoes I was 5’10 but still ) and said with absolute certainty  ‘if you get inked,y0u will  never be on my bike again “. A wave of unfamiliar obedience washed over me, and that was the end of my tat talk.  
    But yours are all beautiful. <3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @kokokokonut I see the similarity! But I just asked my tattoo artist for a spooky witchy lady and I wanted some bats/cats/a castle in it and this is what she came up with! She’s incredible

@kadamisia thank you lovely! Yeah I’ve definitely thought about things differently since I’ve gained weight. I wish you the best of luck too ❤️
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
    @HannahKKH Thank you so much 🥺❤️
    IOS player
    I just spent the past half an hour making a few tik tok videos because I put on some make up for the first time in like 2 and a half weeks and thought why not. It’s nearly 1am though so I should probably sleep 😅 what is everyone else spending their isolation doing? I need ideas that don’t involve sleeping, eating or watching Netflix 😂
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    @HannahKKH lots of crafting and video gaming and trying makeup out. I just organzied my vanity and finally set up my vanity lights!
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    HannahKKH said:
    what is everyone else spending their isolation doing? I need ideas that don’t involve sleeping, eating or watching Netflix 😂
    I just bought a staple gun so I’ve been testing it out by upholstering free stuff that I’ve found with scrap fabrics that I have in my craft supplies 😂 The first one is a shipping crate that I made into a little storage ottoman and the second pic is some old metal folding chairs that I found on the street.

I also found this half-sweatshirt, half-shirt in an instagram ad and I love it; I think I’m going to try to bust out my sewing machine and make a version of it.

@therealChar awesome! The only thing in my room that is organised is my make up table, the rest of my stuff is a mess 😅 that’s something I should spend some time on I reckon

@Rikk wow amazing! I’m a creative person but I’m not very crafty, so I am envious 😂 you’ll have to post a photo of the shirt sweatshirt when you’re done, I’m sure it’ll look so cool!
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
  • oopsididitagainoopsididitagain Registered Users, Member 1,158 Posts
    Y'all I saw the #DefendingJacob trend on twitter, thought the trailer was super good, and just randomly decided to read the entire book in one (5 hour) sitting..  Boredom is sending me lol
    @HannahKKH i find it relaxing to organize it ! I like to go by what i use most and what i need to try first i tossed all expired things too
  • SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    Don’t know if my ex partner was emotional abusing me, or he was just a plain asshole. How does one recover from this sht? I feel worthless 😶. Never in my life did I think someone I loved for so many years could turn on me n drag me down so bad 🥺. 
    just felt like saying this, I am still taking therapy online, thanks to quarantine life, but it’s a long process, I hate pain lol! I wanna heal already 😞. But time is everything I guess 
    IOS doll 💞

@SisSnappedLikeThanos 🥺thank you sweetheart 💖for your kind words. It means more than you realize and Ik... I’m not rly worthless😔. It’s more so this “man” took so much from me n insulted the sht outta me. It felt he took my self worth sadly, It’s difficult atm but I know I’ll come out stronger with time.. I’m doing everything I can to stay strong 💖 bc I can’t have a moron ruin my life. Tyvm for your support queen 💛🥺
    IOS doll 💞

@Sweetstephy best advice i got when i got out of a abusive relationship was selfcare. Take care of you! Go do things you like and enjoy and treat yourself like the single most important thing cause u deserve it! Its hard and it takes time and most important delete him from ur life. The best revenge is moving on and being happy. 
    @therealChar Yes! ☺️That is great advice tbh, That’s exactly my mindset right now so I don’t have to think about him or the damage and with everything going on n being stuck home all day (quarantine). I actually have time to workout in the day, so I’m happy about that! n ofc doing other things for myself bc yes your right, I deserve greatness. 💖☺️ ty doll. 
    IOS doll 💞

Y'all I saw the #DefendingJacob trend on twitter, thought the trailer was super good, and just randomly decided to read the entire book in one (5 hour) sitting..  Boredom is sending me lol
    I had to look this one up because I just heard about the trailer and I love reading books that get turned into movies to compare. I apparently added this to my goodreads list back in 2017 but one of my friends on there hated it. What was your opinion?
    @soundspretty I thought it was a great read, mostly because I thought I knew what was going on but the book's unreliable narrator just kept having me second guess myself right up to the last page.  It was a can't-look-away type of book. If you're in the mood for something lighthearted, don't go near it though.  It's definitely not a feel-good book (which I'm sure you can tell from the trailer of the series), but I'm glad I read it because I think the tv series is going to be fantastic & I always prefer to read the book first.
    edited March 2020
    @oopsididitagain I might wait on it then lol. I'm going through a phase where I only want to read books with twists or twist endings. I haven't liked some of the more popular ones that are out there right now (what is up with the fad of writing about drunk, unreliable women being gaslighted?!) 

edited March 2020
    @soundspretty oh if you're going for twists, then I would 100% read it lol. & I couldn't agree more. It's an annoying trend that ruins books

edit: I should add that I meant unreliable because the narrator is the father & is therefore inherently biased throughout the book
  • snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    This whole situation that's going on at the moment is getting to me so much today, I feel like everything bad in my life is happening at once and because of this lockdown I can't do anything about it 😞 My 16 year old dog collapsed yesterday, he's been quite fragile for the last couple of years now but I can tell he's getting closer and closer to it being his time to leave us as he's never collapsed before and he's so reluctant to eat 😞
    I'm so scared that he might need to be put down during this lockdown period and if that's the case, I don't think the vet would let me be in the room with him for their own safety (which I understand) but I always promised myself that when the time came I'd be in the room with him when he passes so he's not scared being in a sterile white room with a stranger 😞 The thought of that happening just breaks me, he was a birthday present to my mum who passed away when I was nine (this month over a decade ago) and he feels like my last link to her. The image of that happening is stuck in my mind and I can't seem to shake it at all.

On top of that I have less than a month to finish my dissertation which feels like it's going nowhere- I can spend a whole day working at it without really making much progress at all which makes me feel like such a failure. And I'm doing this while still working at a very popular supermarket when the UK's in lockdown, they keep underpaying me and I'm so deep in my student overdraft as it is, there's so much I need to sort out at the moment. 

There's a couple other big issues in my life making things worse that I don't think I can share publicly as they're related to more serious issues regarding mental health I absolutely can't talk about on a kid-friendly forum 😞

I feel so awful even complaining about this as I know so many people both on the forum and not are going through so much worse than me, so it's so stupid for me to be upset over minor things when I've not lost my job or anyone I love to it (as far as I'm aware). I guess I need to focus on the immediate positives like having a roof over my head, two corona-proof dogs and a somewhat healthy family. But still, I just wish I could lie in bed with my boyfriend and cry for a bit but we're both essential/key workers and living apart so I won't be able to even see him until this lockdown is lifted, whenever that is. 

Sorry for the massive wall of text of whinging and killing the good vibes in here, think I just needed to get that off my chest and it didn't feel appropriate for the Coronavirus thread as it's more concerns about my dog and my relapses relating to my mental health than the impact of the virus itself.

Hope you guys are all doing well, would love to see some pet pics if anyone's got any going? Or fun/distracting things you've done recently to make you happier? And sorry again for this post being so long, hope it doesn't take up too much space on the forum 😞
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    @snakiekkh sending so much love 💕💕💕

Here are a few things we are doing with my mom and sister during quarantine.

My mom is perfecting her technique in bread making (nothing fancy but getting that perfect crust and moist crumb).

Each week, we are choosing recipes from only one cookbook to explore it! Last week it was vegan food, like these burritos with buckwheat pancakes.

I'm currently thinking about making a new plant weaving, here is one I made last year. I'll update my progress if anyone is interested!

We are spending a lot of time in the garden, prepping for vegetables! And our three cats are with us, they live when we are in the garden doing things!
    My smol black cat loves trees!

Going out for exercise we discovered a lot of unknown beautiful small places that were right in our "backyard": an old mill, a bench under a majestic tree, flowered paths... we used to prefer going on the coastal path but now its forbidden, so we switched directions :)
    One of my last pictures of the sea in front of my house!

Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
    @AguadeCoco ahh thank you so much for sharing these photos! That bread looks divine and the burritos look delicious (and so healthy!). I really need to muster up the energy to cook more, those ideas are really lovely. I did make a loaf of bread the other day but it came out so badly- it tasted good (garlic and tomato bread!) but the texture was awful. At least I can try again eh!

Those photos are absolutely gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing them, they definitely put a smile on my face! You're so creative, and I'd love to live by the sea, that must be so relaxing! 

@snakiekkh you never need to apologize for a long post or taking up space, that's what these threads are here for!! Reading your post hurt my heart, & I just wanted to say that you're in my thoughts💕  I hope things get better for you soon & that KKH and the forum can serve as a distraction for you during all this.

@AguadeCoco you take absolutely beautiful photographs!
    edited April 2020
    @oopsididitagain ahh thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it 💕 Honestly the distraction here and the game give me is massive, it does help to have somewhere lighthearted to go when everything feels so dark elsewhere! I think I just need to keep reminding myself that this isn't permanent and I can deal with everything bit by bit😊 
  • LaulieeBoohLaulieeBooh Registered Users, Member 221 Posts
    I'm Legit So Happy 🥺 Hubby Bought Me A New Switch And Animal Crossing 💚💙

let's be friends add me:
    https://m.facebook.com/adore.nickole.18
    android player 
    my name is lauren