***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts

Chicago in a nut shell 😂 some things never change ! 
    @Lisylis everything is so pretty ! 
  • snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    @Carol Davida they say washing your hands properly is more effective than any hand sanitiser, but then the store toilets require you to pull 2 sets of doors to get out, like bih let me kick it down so my hands can stay clean 😭
    Oh wow, they're taking it really seriously where you are it it seems! I'm glad you and the company are putting those steps in- I've heard rumours that my supermarket will be installing plastic screens at the checkout between staff and customers so I am PRAYING that's the case, doubt it though. We've hired a lot of new recruits so I'm not sure what'll be done about our staff room as it's tiny but I never even thought about the social distancing aspect of a staff room- might go sit outside on my break instead- thank you for reminding me about that! 

Gosh I can't wait for this to be over and normality to start crawling back, I know it's gonna be a lot longer than three weeks but I was so excited to celebrate handing my dissertation in on the 28th of April and then celebrating with my man but I don't think that'll happen in the UK now 😭 
    Alas, if not I'll beg my friends to group facetime and we'll get thoroughly hammered (and maybe I'll rebleach my hair because I know this isolation will drive me even crazier than I am now hahaha!)
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Lisylis said:
    I wanted to share that since New Zealand has been in quarantine conditions and my gym has been closed, I've been going for runs in my local park instead. I'm gonna post a couple of photos I've taken today and in the last few days.

I could be wrong is that Te mata peak? I love hiking there!!! ❤️

@Chooky1116 No unfortunately I've never been there, it looks amazing! This is just a wee park in Wellington down the Ngaio gorge (Trelissick Park if you want to google it lol)
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    snakiekkh Do you have paper towels in your bathroom? Take one with you and use that to open the doors. 
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey beautiful dolls!

Been wanting to come to check on how everyone is doing here for a while, but in midst of these chaotic times and since I'm not logging often in KKH for lack of new content to male players, my mind constantly drives me away from coming while I'm doing other stuff. Anyway, glad to see that everyone here seems to be taking care of themselves and of those around them. Wouldn't expect less from the nicest community there is on the internet. Hope Glu is also treating you dolls well.
    On my end, things are kinda peaceful. None case was registered in my city yet, some ocurrencies from nearby towns were admitted in our hospitals though. Basically everyone adhered the lock down, I live in one of the main avenues and it looks like a ghosttown.
    Today there was some protests from idiots people that own business, cause they want to re open, but our mayor won't allow this thankfully, she's a concious woman, differently from our irresponsable president that keeps disbelieving the power of the virus on his pronouncements.🤬🤬🤬
    Me and my family are gathered together, business closed, the Fall weather is nice, feels like the whole week is a Sunday. Boring, but safe. Hopefully soon Wednesday will make a comeback and everything will turn into a bright PINK.
    Spreading tons of love to everyone here.💗💗💗

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    @snakiekkh girl that's bc my company cares about their employees wellbeing and health overall. Its actually a good thing that they're paying for sick days too. My company actually stated that if someone gets sick with coronavirus, that they'll get paid for two weeks off.

The advantage about my job is that I dont even interact with my customers face-to-face. Its only through online :smile: but I've come to a realization that they can be quite as difficult online just like in-person lol :lol:  

This whole coronavirus has taken its toll on me. Nothing feels the same anymore :worried:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

edited March 2020
    @Carol Davida I can imagine! I was looking to place an order just to stock up on a few things for work lunches and I can't believe how depleted stock is still. I'm sure fulfill workers are getting an earful. I got so angry last night I had to take an internet break. It was a post about not being able to find milk and someone suggested buying baby formula instead because "it lasts longer". Not like babies need it or anything. I'm done.
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    My sister tested positive for the corona virus. She's a health care worker and stayed home once she started feeling under the weather. The good news is the worst of her symptoms was a mild sore throat, I was worried bc she has asthma, but she's doing great and will be back at work once she tests negative. I was wondering if she will be immune now 🤔

Anyways, I'm just praying everyday that we can contain this and find a safe and effective treatment so that life can get back to normal. Have been hearing so many sad stories that have been happening due to this virus.

I actually found out I'm expecting again, and yesterday was my first scan and my husband couldn't be there bc they aren't allowing extra ppl. It's very reasonable, but made me feel a bit anxious in case I were to recieve bad news all by myself. That's nothing compared to the many women having to give birth alone bc hospitals aren't allowing anyone in delivery rooms, not even spouses ☹ I will strongly consider a home birth unless things change by November. 
    - Emmy
    Bear_KKH said:
    My sister tested positive for the corona virus. She's a health care worker and stayed home once she started feeling under the weather. The good news is the worst of her symptoms was a mild sore throat, I was worried bc she has asthma, but she's doing great and will be back at work once she tests negative. I was wondering if she will be immune now 🤔

Anyways, I'm just praying everyday that we can contain this and find a safe and effective treatment so that life can get back to normal. Have been hearing so many sad stories that have been happening due to this virus.

I actually found out I'm expecting again, and yesterday was my first scan and my husband couldn't be there bc they aren't allowing extra ppl. It's very reasonable, but made me feel a bit anxious in case I were to recieve bad news all by myself. That's nothing compared to the many women having to give birth alone bc hospitals aren't allowing anyone in delivery rooms, not even spouses ☹ I will strongly consider a home birth unless things change by November. 
    Congrats and im sending best vibes for you and baby! Take it easy and becareful!
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    snakiekkh Do you have paper towels in your bathroom? Take one with you and use that to open the doors. 
    As a germophobe i just want to say, don’t do this 😅 paper towels (as is toilet paper) are made to absorb bacteria, i always use the sleeve of my jacket or sweater or my elbow because those things will never touch my face
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
    Have we discovered your weakness? Door levers
    @soundspretty mine? Lol anything you need to push or pull 😂

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
    edited March 2020
    @soundspretty didn't even realize that you're an amazon prime member :smile:

Well yeah some items do go out of stock quickly and those items does get restocked again. If that item isn't available at that given moment, then shoppers have to offer a replacement to the customer. Or some customers dont even want any replacements. I mean it all depends on the customer's preference. I actually haven't witness dairy milk or nondairy milk being offered as an replacement with baby's formula milk. As silly as that sounds, its part of my job. If a customer accepts the replacement, then I packed the item into their order. If a customer happens to decline an replacement, then I have no other choice but to put the item back on the shelf since they dont want it.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I just went to the store 😑 and i couldnt get two dozen eggs cause they wouldnt sell me them :( cause of a limit. Im like i just want to bake some things yall.
    edited March 2020
    @yezx The greatest invention is those floor pedals you can use to open a door hands-free 🙌 They have those installed in one of our bathrooms but not the other. Or those handles where you can stick your arm in and open the door that way. I rarely see those and I think they're neat. 

@Carol Davida I usually just accept replacements because I'm a coward hahaha. The only time I've ever refused anything was I got apple juice and they subbed with pineapple juice 🤢 I said (nervously) "Oh... I... I... don't like pineapple?" and the lady was like "Okay...?" It got weird. But then sometimes something gets subbed and it turns into something I like and will buy again.

@therealChar I ended up stopping by Walmart after work and there was a limit on yogurt. Who is hoarding yogurt?!
    edited March 2020
    @therealChar girl the only reasoning why most supermarkets are doing that bc of ppls were panic grocery shopping due to Covid-19. They were basically being greedy and hoarding onto their groceries and wasn't even thinking about other fellow peoples who's needs to buy their groceries too. Heck even at my job I'm seeing those signs too pertaining to the customers as well.

@soundspretty I always try to read and pay close attention to what my customer likes. I'm definitely no mind reader at this but it took some trial and error just to get better with my work ethic obviously. I'm sorry that your shopper who was grocery shopping for you that day couldn't get it right for you. For example, if my customer ordered almond milk and whole foods ran out of their favorite brand. Then, I'll substitute it and choose a different brand whether its organic or nonorganic.

As working as a shopper, sometimes I've encountered awkward moments with my customers as well :lol: like for instance the other day before, I offered a customer two replacements and I kid you not. This customer declined the two replacements that I offered and kept texting me thank you twice. And I'm like sir or madam, why are you thanking me for when all you certainly did was declined both replacements that I've offered to you? And I'm like wth I have such a weird customer :lol: I didn't even replied back bc it was extremely awkward asf.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

omg @Soundspretty I definitely need those in my house, I would almost say I have a fetish for automatic doors lol

Sometimes when it's really cold and I have to open a door, but I don't want to use my arms since I'm freezing I'm that petty that I pace up and down, waiting for someone that has to enter the same room/building, and then I run to it so it looks like I just arrived and don't have to open the door 😂 I think I need help, but in times of corona I'm kinda glad I barely touch stuff and wash my hands way more than people normally do...

Make kkh great again: 
    @soundspretty yeah i get that but yogurt lol. I ended up having my brother bring me a dozen cause i was making a bday cake. 
  • oopsididitagainoopsididitagain Registered Users, Member 1,158 Posts
    I just went to the store 😑 and i couldnt get two dozen eggs cause they wouldnt sell me them :( cause of a limit. Im like i just want to bake some things yall.
    All of the stores near me are completely sold out of eggs😅 but buying 2 dozen isn't unreasonable without the pandemic, this is wild to me 
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Working from home, what your coworkers see

How you’re really dressed

My poor brother works in fast food and is working 60+ hours a week with only one day off and people are still insane. He said someone needed to use their pen to sign for a receipt and they took the pen cap off WITH THEIR MOUTH!!!!!!!

@Bear_KKH I'm glad your sister is doing better. I can't imagine how difficult it is for nurses and medical workers right now on that front line and good luck with your pregnancy!

@TheRealChar omg, people are gonna be buying Easter chicks like crazy around here to get eggs. In months the pond nearby is gonna be full of ducks and chickens cause they realize how nasty fowl can be esp in the suburbs and small yards lol

I really don't understand how people are choosing what to hoard. My Mom went to the store Sunday and saw someone take the whole cardboard display of beef stew mix packets off the shelf. Why?
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Yeah i saw someone at the customer service desk mad cause they would sell her a cart full of milk. Im like 👀 why you need that many. This kinda thing really makes ppl want to buy crazy amounts of things. It was my kids bday so i was gonna bake a cake for them.  
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    Thank you @therealChar and @KaylaJ for your well wishes! @therealChar happy birthday to your little one! Kids are always happy with cake, especially homemade, yum! 😋
    - Emmy
    edited March 2020
    I'm so stressed. I'm trying to have the attitude that I can't control this so just take it one day at a time but it's so hard! Work especially is pretty rough right now, just because I don't know what's going to happen and what I need to prepare for so I can run things on my end. Meanwhile I have staff coming to be for answers that I don't have. They're worried too, and it sucks I can't reassure anyone because I truly do not have any answers.
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    edited March 2020

edited March 2020
    Deleting comment bc it's starting to get political and I don't want to go there. 
    edited March 2020

edited March 2020
    Nvm. Want to keep the peace on the forum. I suggest doing a quick search on individuals before posting information as factual. May find some very biased opinions out there. Moving on...
    edited March 2020
    I have to study forensics atm (because of criminal law but tbh it makes me wonder if i’m in med school rather than law school), and it sounds like a hoax tbh, obviously you’re denied access because it’s not like they’re keeping people who died of covid seperate from other deaths. And about the number being manipulated, how would anyone know? Do you happen to know all the other victims so you can be sure they counted right? Sure, if it helps with your anxiety, you do you. Just not a fan of spreading rumours (especially when they have political influences). People also said “oh it’s just flu” and “young people are not affected”, but today a 12 year old girl died in my hometown because of covid and it’s sickening how people keep spreading rumours and keep minimalising things. 

Make kkh great again: 
    edited March 2020