***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    @therealChar I'm pretty sure we can't have maces on us but I need to check it. And the keys thing, that's a great idea. I need to do a little research on the apps you suggested, that feels like a good solution for me because I'm pretty sure I can't defend myself phisically like at all. Thank you so much for all these ideas! 
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    edited May 2020
    @kadamisia this is definitely the right thread to share this on! That is absolutely terrifying, oh my god my heart goes out to you having to live in such an anxiety-inducing situation under lockdown, life is already super stressful as it is 😞 I hate that people like him can walk free after causing so much pain to his victim(s) and putting everyone else in the community in such an anxious situation. Do you live with anyone or are you alone? 

If it makes you feel any better, I heard that having a dog with you (even if it's a small one) puts you in a much safer situation as many violent opportunists will be scared off by the potential that the dog might bite them. I know hearing that still doesn't really alleviate the stress when he's still walking free near your home, but dogs can be really good at reading their owner's body language and will immediately switch to being aggressive towards anyone if you become nervous around them.

Also if you don't have one already maybe consider getting a r*pe alarm? I've been carrying one attached to my keys since an incident happened to me a couple years ago, thankfully I've not had to use it since but apparently they're actually quite effective in drawing attention to you and thus scaring potential predators away.

It's so frustrating that instead of him being locked up, the duty is placed on the woman to find ways to stay safe from people like him 😞 I hope he never crosses paths with you and that he's caught sooner rather than later because nobody deserves to feel unsafe taking their dog out for a walk 😞
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
    @snakiekkh I absolutely agree. I live with my mom but I'm not gonna let her go outside, absolutely not. My dog is quite big, but I'm scared this dude might hurt him AND me. And I'll definitely get the alarm you're talking about-thanks! 
    I hope nothing bad happened to you during that incident and my heart goes out to you. I really hope you're okay.
    And I completely agree, all this is so messed up. How is it normal for me to feel threatened to go out with my doggie NEAR my home? And with all this crap going on. I just pray all this ends soon. 
    Thank you for your kind and warm words, I really appreciate it babes ❤️
    IOS player
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    oh @kadamisia this is a very bad situation, but you have to just be smart.  When I would be leaving the radio station late at night, I would always have my husband obviously on the phone while I got to my car.   It’s not much but it does give you a live connection to help if you need it.     It’s not much , but combined with some of @therealChar ‘s suggestions it offers a sense of not being entirely alone. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    @kadamisia please be careful ♡ 
    edited May 2020
    @kokokokonut That's a good idea too, my mom always tells me to phone her when I'm in an uber to let the driver know my disappearance won't go unnoticed if anything happens (we're a little paranoid). I'm definitely gonna do that too, along with all the things you dolls suggested. Thank you.
    And thank you so much @therealChar ❤️✨
    IOS player
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    @snakiekkh I don't think I have depression but I definitely have some bad anxiety due to a number of things, including unemployment and the current situation. 
    However, I feel lucky I was able to come back to my mom's home and leave my apartment even if I love it. 

Being here, on the seaside, with access outside even during lockdown is priceless. But being with my mom even if we have a good relationship is harsh, she's quite disconnected from "the real life", and therefore says insensitive things about my career, my body, my clothes... She means well but there's a way for saying it right...

To escape, I gave myself some projects, a weaving project (which I haven't finished!!), sewing masks and then a skirt (I have never sown anything!), learning how to use Illustrator, prepping the plant garden, repainting the doors and windows... 
    I took my time doing all of it, but it's  coming together pretty well. I might share some pictures in the Heaven's  thread!

And now that lockdown has been lifted, I'm joining my sister with her horse, we've just come back from a long ride (I was on a bike of course!). Next week I might even ride her horse!
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    @AguadeCoco those projects sound fantastic and way more exciting than writing an essay for months hahaha, I'm so jealous!! I wish I was creative enough to make a skirt or weave but I know I'd mess it up in seconds and waste loads of fabric hahaha, once I've finished this essay I might try and liven up my plants a bit though as that sounds so rewarding! I'm glad you managed to find a way to manage living back home with your mum, I've found it can definitely be a bit suffocating where I am! And please do share some pictures if you've got any, I'd love to see what you've been up to! 
    Oh what a dream to have lockdown lifted, you guys absolutely deserve it after so long! I think it's going to be quite a while til we see the end of it in the UK unfortunately 😞
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    @snakiekkh I did waste lots of fabric... 😂 I'm gonna start taking pictures then!

Hang in there, lockdown will be lifted eventually for you too! But I'm pretty sure in France we'll be back into lockdown in a few weeks judging how it's going...

Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    @kadamisia that is so insanely scary and I’m sorry you even need to think about that. My advice would be do not wear headphones when you walk. Also, even though I’m sure you already are aware of your surroundings, make sure you LOOK like you’re aware of your surroundings. Make it obvious that you are looking all around you, even turn your head around randomly to look behind you. Also make sure you walk with a purpose- don’t dawdle and make it look like you know where you are and where you’re going. Most predators want an easy target- I’ve read articles that say if you look like you’re aware of your surroundings and walking like you know where you’re going, predators are less likely to choose you because they think you’ll put up a fight. Please stay safe!! 
    @jhabs Thank you so much for your advice. I'm definitely gonna pay attention to my surroundings, I usually look like I'm completely zoned out, always with my head in the clouds. But that's gonna change, at least for now. I already ordered the alarm thingy and pepper spray, but I'm still really scared. I'm not gonna lie, I look like an easy target. But I'm a little calmer now that I got so much advice from all of you. Thank you so much.
    IOS player
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    @kadamisia that is so stressful!! I don't have many more ideas than those that have already been suggested but what I will say is having the dog with you will make you less of a target, and also politeness doesn't matter. If something doesn't feel right, just leave. If someone asks you to help with something, or like what the time is or how to get somewhere, you can just say "sorry I can't stop" and just keep going. 
    @Lisylis I'm so paranoid, even if there's no criminal on the loose. When some suspish guy would ask me something like "What time it is" I would just RUN for my dear life. I guess that's what you have for watching WAY too many true crime stories😅 And I really hope my doggie looks dangerous enough to keep me safe. Good thing my mom told me "no" when I wanted a hamster instead huh 😅 
    I'll definitely combine all of the advice I got on this thread, I'm really grateful. Thank you so much for taking your time and thinking of a solution for me. 
    IOS player
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @kadamisia it is so scary! I wonder if any of your neighbors walk their pets and you might want to reach out to them and go on walks together. Safety in numbers. 
    IOS Player 
    @TrashleyKKH That's actually a good idea. The thing is, my neighbours don't really like me (I'm 19- let's just say I throw a lot of parties) so they might not want to do this. But under these circumstances, I think it's worth a try. Thank you for such a great idea.
    IOS player
  • Loveflower01Loveflower01 Registered Users 331 Posts
    My abuela has covid. And we arent allowed to see her. She very old and they lied to us for a week telling us she was fine at her nursing home.we have her there cause she needs more care around the clock cause of her heart condition and old age.im so beyond devastated 
    Oh no ! It’s gonna be okay! 💔 Please keep us updated.
    Danielle
    IOS
    I play on iPhone 8plus
    Happy Summer 🌻

• Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    Is anyone with kids planning to send them to school in the fall, if they reopen? The risk for children seemed really minimal before but now with that inflammatory Kawasaki like disease being linked to covid I'm considering pulling my oldest from pubic school until there's a vaccine. Unless the schools continue distance learning as an option - I do want the schools to reopen bc I know some families can't afford to stay home. Tricky situation I suppose. 
    - Emmy
    @kadamisia That is so scary. It is so unfortunate that us women can't even feel safe to walk alone at night. I agree with the other tips - mase and using the buddy system. When I was in the U.S I got my conceal carry license and for the first time ever, I felt very empowered being out alone. I used to get followed when I would be out jogging and that was the last straw for me. I'm going back to live in the U.S in a few months and am going to again, I can't where I live now. So I realize it's not always an option depending on where you live. Just stay alert and be safe. Even being on the phone with someone that knows where you are can help. 
    - Emmy
    @Bear_KKH Thank you for your advice. A concealed carry permit is definitely not an option in my country, but that's another topic. I feel like my country (well, the people who run it) sincerely hates women. I remember when I was younger, like 17 yo, I wanted to buy pepper spray cause I was sick of being scared to walk alone when it's darker (a woman should NEVER feel this way!!!) and I couldn't because that's the law in my country. The options to protect ourselves here as women are very limited. And don't even get me started on the other aspects, literally a couple of days ago a man PUBLICLY said that r*pe is sometimes the only way for men to feel pleasure and us women shouldn't be bothered about it. That makes me sick to my core. But that's a broad topic and I assume not everyone wants to hear about it. As for the walks with my dog part, I combined all of your advice and I feel slightly safer, but I still can't be, you know, completely stress-free. Once again, thank you for your insight. 
    IOS player
    @kadamisia That is so frustrating to hear. Us women need anything within reason to be allowed to protect ourselves, most women can easily be overpowered by a man. It's not a fair fight, especially when there's not a criminal justice system that works to protect us. It makes me sad women always have to worry about these things.

I forgot to add in my original post, if you're able to, I'd get a big dog. My dog has since passed away, but I got one when I left the U.S bc I feel paranoid jogging without protection, especially after I had my baby and would bring him along in the jogging stroller. So I got a mixed breed rescue, and he became our running mate, I always felt safe with him bc no one would mess with us, he looked big and scary lol (he was a total love ball, but he was super protective over my little ones.) Sadly my doggy Apollo got sick and passed away recently, I'm going to get another dog but I'm waiting until we move. If you can, that is a great option. Small dogs can set off the alarm with their barking, but it's unlikely anyone would even dare get close to a big dog. 
    - Emmy
    @Bear_KKH I completely agree. Women shouldn't be taught not to get r*ped - some men should be taught not to be violent instead. But my country does neither.
    I am sincerely sorry about your dog, I know it's really hard. I'm sure your next dog will also be a total sweetheart! :)
    For us, it's not an option to get another dog, me and my mom can barely tame the one we already have :D We adopted him when he was a baby and he was supposed to be a little doggie suitable for an apartment. Well, he defo isn;t. He's quite big and loves long walks, so we take him to the woods every other day. But he still can't get enough!
    Once again I'm sorry for your loss. Hang in there <3 And that moving to the US part sounds so exciting! I'm a little jelly :)
    IOS player
    @kadamisia Thank you so much. Apollo was such a good boy and we miss him so much. But happy we got as much time as we did with him! I read you had a dog but wasn't sure what size. You say your dog is big so that's really good news, ppl are inditimated by big dogs, they don't want to get bit!

Yes, back to the U.S. I've been in Germany for a few years now and I love it here, and Europe in general. I've seen some amazing places and met so many amazing ppl that I consider good friends. I'm going to miss it here so much. The U.S is home though, even with all the craziness that is going on there 🤣🤣🤣
    - Emmy
    edited May 2020
    @Bear_KKH That's a good approach! And well, he's big-ish. He can look intimidating, but only from far away. As soon as you come closer to him, you can see he's a total goofball😂 But he's really protective of me, so that's good.
    And small world! I live really close to the German border! I wanted to work there during summer, but I only know "Meine Name ist Kasia" and "Gesundheit" 😂😂😂 And maybe stuff like "Ich mag Sauerkraut nicht" 🤣🤣 
    You're really lucky to have seen both Europe and the US! I'm sooo curious how the US look. I really hope I will be able to find out some day. 

IOS player
    @kadamisia oh gosh, my German is terrible. Thank God for my husband paying attention in school when he took it bc he does most of the talking out here lol 😂 I'm only fluent in English and Spanish. The U.S is great to visit bc there's so much variety, every state is so unique. If I were going on vacation there for the first time, I'd probably visit California - sunny, cool cities, beautiful beaches, adventurous activities like rock climbing, etc. 

Aww your dog is so cute! He might be a ball of fluff but he'd definitely know if someone was trying to hurt you and would do what he could to protect you. I mean look at that face 😍 I can just tell he's such a good doggy 😇
    - Emmy
    @Bear_KKH I think German is really difficult too. All the "der", "die" and dases are just impossible to memorize 😂 And being fluent in two languages is really impressive! I'm only fluent in my mother language, but I'm really working on my English too :) 
    And California sounds so dreamy! 😍  Now I'm really desperate to go to the US 😂
    And thank you so much!!❤️
    IOS player
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    Bear_KKH said:
    Is anyone with kids planning to send them to school in the fall, if they reopen? The risk for children seemed really minimal before but now with that inflammatory Kawasaki like disease being linked to covid I'm considering pulling my oldest from pubic school until there's a vaccine. Unless the schools continue distance learning as an option - I do want the schools to reopen bc I know some families can't afford to stay home. Tricky situation I suppose. 
    I’m keeping mine home till I feel it’s safe.
  • liltiffsliltiffs Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Hi dolls! 
    This is off topic but is also a crisis worth discussing alongside the pandemic. I know this has been a place where we have often engaged in topics of race and racism in our various countries. This forum has been a source of information for some people who have been previously unaware of issues faced by POC. Right now, I know many of us are aware of the situation in the US surrounding the murder of George Floyd and police brutality. If this is information that is for some reason banned from discussion, feel free to remove my post. If it would be helpful to make a new thread, I can do that too! 
    I know that Black lives and Black safety and protection matter to many of the dolls, and that many of you are outside of the US and may not know how to contribute. I have a googledoc full of links for anyone who is interested in contributing to funds or petitions and am more than happy to PM it to anyone who is looking for resources!  

Again, if this is in violation of some of the forum rules, I apologize and will remove, but I figured it didn't hurt to try, in case it is information that can help. Thanks! 
    Platform : iOS 

• samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    edited June 2020
    what is going on the states is absolutely devastating. i live in southern california and riots and protests are happening in my city and neighboring cities. small businesses are being destroyed, military weapons are being aimed at innocent protestors, rubber bullets are seriously injuring people and police brutality has completely gotten out of hand. not to mention, there have been hundreds of arrests of innocent protestors rather than the arrest of the 3 other police officers contributing to the death of George Floyd. it is terrifying and its extremely hard to cope and wrap my head around the events taking place here. i cannot believe it is 2020 and we are still fighting for equality. BLACK LIVES MATTER and i stand in solidarity with the black community and will not stop speaking up until justice is served and there is a REAL change in the justice system. here is a link to help in whichever way you can. https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ 
    if you are uneducated on this matter i HIGHLY suggest you educate yourself and stop turning a blind eye. it doesn’t matter if you do not reside in the US, racism is everywhere and it is time to take a stand.

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor...” 
    - Desmond Tutu

edited to add: unlike the statement made in the comment above, i will not stand for my comment being removed. tia. 
  • liltiffsliltiffs Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Thanks @samanthakkh

Here is a link to a googledoc for more resources as well:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xa9Av-NfuFsWBHlsMvPiqJHdNedZgnCRW56qAS-7PGQ/mobilebasic?usp=gmail

There is information, petitions, email formats, donation links, and other support tools. Please utilize these to support protesters! 
    Platform : iOS