Saving kstars for 6th Kimiversary project! ⭐️

LydiaKKHLydiaKKH Registered Users, Member 870 Posts
edited June 2020 in KKH General Discussion
Hello dolls! 💖
In discussion about Kimiversary I throw this idea about supporting each other with kstars saving. Some of you decided to join me in this hustle. 🥰 Since I don’t want to spam this topic, I decided to create a new one, dedicated to that! ❤️ Some rules I’ve made so far: 
  1. We update our kstars every Saturday/Sunday until Kimiversary. ❤️ (If you want me to tag you as a reminder - mention or DM me!) Please be sure sure to update them on weekends so charts could be updated by Tuesday!
  2. You can join us at any time!
  3. If you really want you can take 1 spin on new kollection if they're cute and spend kstars to get free box durning VIP (I think it's fair enough?). 💕 But save the rest of your kstars! 
Please feel free to join us, ask and support each other! If you really want to spend some kstars on something - talk about it with us! I’m open to any sugestions.
My kstars so far (would have 402 from ads in 5 hours): 

Our lovely project chart by
@Unwinter 🥰 Open in new card for full size! WEEK #5

GUIDE FOR KIMIVERSARY by @tessisthebest
*Long post warning*
Kimiversary Guide:
-Kimiversary is the annual celebration of the game, since it launched June 2014

If everything runs the way it did last year (remember Glu likes to add new things or mix things up all the time), then this is the timeline to expect (thank you @kokokokonut for your calender):

June 25: 
- Weekly sys (hopefully celebration themed)
-Bonus K stars start, from Thursday to Sunday 
-50% Flash sale of closet items, except bridal, quest specific items, and a few other exclusions
-Throwback sale: Selected items from past years are available for purchase, however they are NOT 50% off, that is only regular closet items, and they are extremely expensive. 

*Here are last years throwback items offered during Kimiversary, thank you @AliBryant for the pictures. These items will NOT be discounted, the prices you see is what to expect. These are last years items, so this year will be different, however there might be some from last year offered this year. All items offered are at least a year old, usually more, and are items from weekend events, and the old format of sys. Fashion goals, Kollections, and sys items from the new format are all not included.

June 26-28:
-weekend event, most likely professional
-K star for each 5 star rating offer (just like a vip weekend)
-Kimiversary boxes, that stay available for several weeks, and include past Kimiversary items, and a couple new ones as well. 
Picture credit goes to @LindaVB for her wonderful encyclopedia:

Now for the tips:
-Save as much as possible from now until Kimiversary. 1000 k stars sounds like a lot, but you will be disappointed that you didn't save at least that much. 
-If you plan on buying stars, wait until Kimiversary! You will get double the amount, so if you purchase the $100 deal, you will get 2500 stars instead of 1250. *Note: last year we had some issues with people only getting the usual amount, not double, so make sure your screen shows the doubled number before purchasing.
-If you are going to buy stars, then try to get itunes or google play store gift cards, there are some great sales where you can get a $100 gift card for $70-80. I believe costco is still a great place to go for gift cards, but don't quote me on that. 
-Breathe. When the throwback items are added to the closet, and the closet items are half off, you will want to buy everything. Remember that there are weekend gift boxes, and that you might never use certain items. 
-Don't buy Kimiversary boxes. Limit yourself to one or two if you really want an item, but you will have about three weeks after Kimiversary is over to buy boxes. Wait until the next vip weekend to buy them. Throwback items will leave the closet Sunday night, the boxes will be there until after vip. 

Now for my newer players:
-Spend your stars wisely. I know there will be so many cool items to choose from, but some items you will literally never wear again. Even if you will wear it every day, like the gs lips, is the pricetag worth it? Are you willing to spend 180 stars on lips instead of ten closet items? Ask yourself these questions, and take your time buying items. You will regret making impulse decisions later. 
-Spend a maximum of 500-600 stars on throwback items. Focus on hairs, dresses, and handhelds, as these will be the most useful for sys's. I hate to limit creativity, but pick items that a lot of dolls have, and wear. The umbrella is cool, but you won't use it as often as the silver dress. If you are not sure what items will be useful, ask in the thread. Use this event to build up your closet, and use diamonds to get those special items that are a little weird in a few months, or wait until Black friday for more throwback items. 
-Spend the rest of your stars on closet items. Throwback items are usually gorgeous, but they are extremely expensive. The 100 stars you spend on one throwback hairstyle can buy you at least 4 closet items. Focus on handhelds, shoes, dresses, and hairstyles.
-Start with the throwback items first and then spend the rest on closet items. I just said that, but the order is important. You are going to run out of stars fast. It will be so much easier to grind for closet items that are probably 20-50 stars than a throwback item costing 100 plus stars. 
-Block out the weekend for the event. If you don't know how to do a three hour reality show in bel air with only 18-19 energy, ask now so you can purchase enough clothes for the bonus star. Even if you don't have a lot of stars, you can grind during the weekend and purchase more clothes. 

Kimiversary is such a fun time in the game and on the forum. There are so many things to buy, and everyone has fun. Remember though that a lot of people on the forum have been playing for a long time. They have saved up for months now, and they already own the "useful items." They are going to be spending on items that they personally love, not necessarily items that you will wear often, or that will score well in sys. If you don't know what items are most useful to buy, just ask, there are a lot of people who will help you. 

Now this guide is based off last year, and the previous Kimiversaries as well. New things can be introduced, and old things can be taken away. In addition, Kimiversary is such a big event, so I tried my best to include everything, but if anyone else has other tips or advice they want added, let me know. No matter what, we are going to have a great Kimiversary, so save save save, and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone in less than two weeks!

iOS 41lvl 📱 English isn't my first language 🇵🇱
Free player since July 2019 💖

#capontrendsetters #savingkstarsproject #alldolledupsquad
Prev13456736

Comments

• AYewKKHAYewKKH Registered Users, Member 490 Posts
    Very worried about what doing this challenge will reveal about my impulsivity... but it's good to keep yourself accountable! We can do this, guys!
    iOS - newly minted free player woo go clowns
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    Style Your Squad: Check back for more group submissions!
  • Nath_2019Nath_2019 Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I completed the vip event :x Now I only have 169 k-stars :) but I will not spend with anything else.
    •Playing KKH since August/19
    English isn't my first language
    •Nathalia in the game
    •iOS ❣ 20y

• asalaxoasalaxo Registered Users, Member 876 Posts
    I just hope I wouldn’t have to chase anything in the new update 😩

iOS player
  • eligureligur Registered Users, Member 906 Posts
    edited May 2020
    im definitely down for a challenge like this, if i dont forget about it every week 🙊
    i just spun once on pretty in pearl kollection and i want to cry and get my 30kstars back, but this dress is cute also i guess?🥺🤷‍♀️

• TiffanyRagKTTiffanyRagKT Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I’ve been dying to ask this, what is kimiversary?  :)
    Be kind 🦋
    English is not my first language, so excuse me for any mistakes! 
  • beba13beba13 Registered Users, Member 680 Posts

This is my status for now,hopefully we will manage to help each other out and manage to save up a bit more that we expect. 
    I just hope items in the new update wont be as appealing 😂😂😂😂😂 
    🌻IOS player🌻
    Been on KKH since day one with brakes 🥰
    Always looking for new friends 
    https://www.facebook.com/Bebac ♥️
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts

Me 😭 I'm always so poor
  • beba13beba13 Registered Users, Member 680 Posts
    Koakuma said:

Me 😭 I'm always so poor
    Just keep going Hun,watch those free k star videos religiously and you will get there ❤️❤️❤️
    🌻IOS player🌻
    Been on KKH since day one with brakes 🥰
    Always looking for new friends 
    https://www.facebook.com/Bebac ♥️
  • DelenaGovatoDelenaGovato Registered Users, Member 575 Posts
    This is my k-stars now, hope to gain 500 more to end up with 2000.
  • KKHBrookeKKHBrooke Registered Users 23 Posts
    I’m so poor :(
  • JenniferKKHollywoodJenniferKKHollywood Registered Users, Member 370 Posts
    Love this idea!
    My kstars atm, I hope to have 2000 available for kimiversary but we’ll see if I can stay away from chasing items 🤣

iOS player 🌸
    English is not my first language so I apologize for my grammar 🙈
    Add me on facebook (let me know who you are on the forum if the names/picture don’t match)
    https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.lundqvist.792

• AVINXXAVINXX Registered Users, Member 257 Posts

+ 20kstars once I watch some videos
    Hoping we get a double rewards offer soon so i can complete some offers
    I play two games: Annie on IOS and Lottie on Android! 
  • AYewKKHAYewKKH Registered Users, Member 490 Posts
    @KKHBrooke Hey, we all start somewhere! It's never too late to begin saving up. We're rooting for you :)
    iOS - newly minted free player woo go clowns
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    Style Your Squad: Check back for more group submissions!
  • carolinakkhcarolinakkh Registered Users, Member 197 Posts
    This is my current kstar amount, a lot of damage was made during the weekend but hopefully I can get a good amount back before Kimiversary 🤞💖
    (I already did my daily videos for today).
    And thank you so much for this topic! 😘 @LydiaKKH

• EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    Love this idea! I'm so bad at saving normally that I'm quite proud I resisted the last 2 VIPs. I'm doing a few offers at the moment with big kstar payouts so going to hit the 2k mark in time for kimiversary!

Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • clarizzoclarizzo Registered Users, Member 732 Posts
    The self control I’ve had since starting this game in March is impressive, I must say 😭 Once I found out about Kimiversary, I knew I had to save and do as many offers as I could. Hoping to have at least 1000 by then! 

✨iOS doll since March 2020 ✨
    💓add me on Facebook: Clarissa Clair 

@TiffanyRagKT - its an event to celebrate the anniversary of the game - normally around 3rd weekend of June each year. We normally get a big throwback sale of items from past events over the years for kstars. There's also usually an offer on kstar packs if you wanted to buy one.
    So we're all trying to desperately save our Kstars to get our grubby little mitts on all the old items they re-release for the weekend! 

Daily Android player
    A+++
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • TiffanyRagKTTiffanyRagKT Registered Users, Member 111 Posts

@TiffanyRagKT - its an event to celebrate the anniversary of the game - normally around 3rd weekend of June each year. We normally get a big throwback sale of items from past events over the years for kstars. There's also usually an offer on kstar packs if you wanted to buy one.
    So we're all trying to desperately save our Kstars to get our grubby little mitts on all the old items they re-release for the weekend! 

Ohh that makes sense, thank u so much!❤️ How do we know what items are included? 
    Be kind 🦋
    English is not my first language, so excuse me for any mistakes! 
  • samantha143samantha143 Registered Users, Member 555 Posts
    I like this idea! 
    I’ve never had so many kstars saved up, hoping I can get to 2k by kimiversary 😊 

It’s a beautiful day to save lives 💞
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    This is a genius idea for a thread!! 
  • martina_kkhmartina_kkh Registered Users, Member 213 Posts

I love this thread @LydiaKKH ! Now more than ever we have to be careful how we spend our K-Stars. Only spend if you really really like something and you think is necessary. Watch your daily videos on time, do your businesses, step up your relationships, even buy something for Cash when you get Luxe Goals. EVERY K-STAR COUNTS! And good luck with finding them in boxes! ⭐️🍀
  • KKHBrookeKKHBrooke Registered Users 23 Posts
    Thank you @AYewKKH. I’ll get there just have to avoid chasing items.
    @TiffanyRagKT - no, we don't normally get a preview of what is going to be on sale beforehand - but if you go to this thread, about halfway down on the first page @AliBryant posted some pictures of the items that were included in last year's sale.
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    Loved this idea when It was mentioned over in the kimiversary thread ! It’s a good way to stop my impulsiveness lol I was so close to 1000 but I just had to get the galaxy jumpsuit 🤷‍♀️
    My goal is to get around 1500 for kimiversary, so we’ll see how well that goes 😊

iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • LydiaKKHLydiaKKH Registered Users, Member 870 Posts
    Unwinter said:
    Hey so I was thinking, if it's okay with all of you and @LydiaKKH since you started the thread, I can make a table/chart with everybody's progress? To motivate y'all and keep track. So for example, again if it's okay with Lydia and whoever wants to participate, everyday or every couple of days, post your progress and tag me and I'll make a cute sheet to keep them all and anyone is welcome to add/edit it and repost. I will not include you if you don't give me your OK and I won't start it if Lydia doesn't want to as well because I don't wish to be rude. So what do y'all think? 
    @Unwinter that's such a great idea! ❤️ I was thinking about it too but since I'm quite busy with my work and university I decided to skip this. If you're willing to take care of it I'm more than happy to work with you on this project! 💖
    I think we can do upload once or twice a week? What do you think dolls?
    iOS 41lvl 📱 English isn't my first language 🇵🇱
    Free player since July 2019 💖

#capontrendsetters #savingkstarsproject #alldolledupsquad
  • UnwinterUnwinter Registered Users, Member 597 Posts
    @LydiaKKH I'd be more than glad!!! So happy you're okay with it. I'm going to start coming up with cute ideas for the chart meanwhile 💖
    Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook