đŸ—łïž SYS 5/14/20 - Paris Street Style! đŸ©đŸ„đŸŸ

1535455565759Next

Comments

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    beba13 said:
    Rikk said:
    beba13 said:
    I remember the black sunglasses with the Gold stems.  That was one of the buy in items.  and the submit button wouldn't submit, unless you had those sunnies on.  I loved those.  But a lot of players really really objected to the 30 or 35 Star price tag.    Didn't we have a cash one once or twice?
    Yeah,you are right. But i bet now no one would complain 😂😂😂😂 looking at it now 30 stars is nothing 😂😂😂😂 

Respectfully 30 k-stars is not nothing...it’s hard to earn k-stars these days (especially for iOS players outside the US — we have almost no decent offers and no game offers anymore) and having to pay 30-40 k-stars just to play an event wouldn’t work for me. I think it would mostly work for people that buy k-star packs. I wish I could afford it but I can’t!
    Who wants skinny tea and all those diet things,and shouldnt offers cover more stuff no matter the type of offers. I cant even do quarries since there is never ever any available for me đŸ˜­đŸ˜­đŸ˜­đŸ˜­đŸ˜­đŸ€Šâ€â™€ïžđŸ€Šâ€â™€ïžđŸ€Šâ€â™€ïžđŸ€Šâ€â™€ïž So i’m actually down to just free videos and what i earn trough the game play
    Yesss I hate those stupid paid offers for scammy products! They’re so gross!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Lisylis said:
    I wouldn't want to buy a new item every week just to participate in SYS but it was so good as a monthly event. The good thing about the old style is that there was a competitive element but everyone still had an opportunity to get the prizes. Ugh it was so good

It was a lot less stress for sure. Plus we had fun with it. I miss seeing all the crazy outfits people would come up with when they already earned all the prizes and didn't need the points. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    That was a signal to not vote for us, give it to the other girl.  At least to a lot of us here that was. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🩋Purple Headed ♊+ đŸ„„ Chick Playing iOS & Android 🩋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    I’m a little late to the party but came in 3rd behind two ticket buyers. Love seeing how everyone styled the prizes!

Feeling fierce with @HannahKKH @yezx and @mikaylachimo đŸ”„
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • MiyuriMiyuri Registered Users, Member 287 Posts
    Also late to the party but yesterday was a busy day
! I usually don’t post my looks here but I did enjoy trying to style things differently this week and wearing items I bought but never get to use. My scores weren’t great, I normally have more looks over 50, but they’re definitely not horrible either when I see how low some gorgeous dolls scored. I don’t have any of the beret hairstyles to help boost my scores so I took inspiration from the many great looks posted here! Look #3 glitched and never showed as finished so it looks weird with the rest but I can’t change it, so here it is

I ended 2nd in my TS group, of course behind a ticketbuyer who only wore gowns and the newsletter sparkly dress, what’s new? Congratulations to Glu for again rewarding people who are not following the theme you set yourself, solely because they’re shaking their money under your nose. If TS was ranked depending on our average score, I would still have been 2nd but not behind that ticketbuyer, who had a lower average than I did. The girl who ended in 3rd would have been 1st with an average of 48. She missed a ticket towards the middle of the event so she finished with less points total but she had amazing looks and scored really well in the beginning. It’s a pity she switched to gowns towards the end but she deserved the 1st spot way more than the current "winner".
    So, again, @KalindaKing, if you’re still looking to make the game more enjoyable and took the time to read through the massive thread, you saw what a sh*tshow it was once again and not because of glitches. This only happens in the SYS thread. Not for the weekend events, not for the weekday throwbacks. Only ever in the SYS threads, where the drama is fueled by the negative feelings and frustration the event generates. You HAVE to do something about it!
    đŸ‡«đŸ‡· in đŸ‡°đŸ‡·
    Platform: iPadOS 17.2
    Current level: 93
    @Bear_KKH As a free player, I wouldn’t mind that either but I know others have complained against that suggestion, especially when they’re small TBs since it would almost automatically place them in groups with the crazy ones.
    I mentioned using the average score here because I talked about it more in details earlier in the thread, but Glu would still make a profit if that was the case: players would have to make an effort on their looks to get a good average and stop spamming basic outfits. And if their scores were lower and they wanted to increase their average, they would have to submit a number of tickets since one wouldn’t just fix everything, except if they were already quite high and trying to fix a minor flop. It would also let people who are just trying to reach the last earnable do so without influencing the TS board that much.
    Anyway, it’s hard to find a proper solution that works for everyone but I think almost anything is better than the current system. Between the flawed voting system and the unfairness of ticketbuying, there is nothing positive coming out of this event. Lots of suggestions have been made for Glu to keep making money while making the players’ experience better but they’re just turning a blind eye

đŸ‡«đŸ‡· in đŸ‡°đŸ‡·
  • beba13beba13 Registered Users, Member 680 Posts
    Miyuri said:
    @Bear_KKH As a free player, I wouldn’t mind that either but I know others have complained against that suggestion, especially when they’re small TBs since it would almost automatically place them in groups with the crazy ones.
    I mentioned using the average score here because I talked about it more in details earlier in the thread, but Glu would still make a profit if that was the case: players would have to make an effort on their looks to get a good average and stop spamming basic outfits. And if their scores were lower and they wanted to increase their average, they would have to submit a number of tickets since one wouldn’t just fix everything, except if they were already quite high and trying to fix a minor flop. It would also let people who are just trying to reach the last earnable do so without influencing the TS board that much.
    Anyway, it’s hard to find a proper solution that works for everyone but I think almost anything is better than the current system. Between the flawed voting system and the unfairness of ticketbuying, there is nothing positive coming out of this event. Lots of suggestions have been made for Glu to keep making money while making the players’ experience better but they’re just turning a blind eye

The problem with this would be in the votes. How many times we’ve seen gowns get better votes than a real on theme outfit even when gowns are most certainly not the right choice. So voting would have to be corrected,and that is just too much work. That is why i thing tb’s should be separated from non tb’s. You should have a choice of spending or not,and that can change for every sys if you wish to. A lot of those that buy one or two do so just to be able to pass the excessive non themed tb’s. So i dont think they would mind. They could choose too a buying Or non buying group. But that happening is almost impossible. 
    đŸŒ»IOS playerđŸŒ»
    Been on KKH since day one with brakes đŸ„°
    Always looking for new friends 
    https://www.facebook.com/Bebac ♄
    But gowns getting more votes is also the case now and would still be the case with separate groups. Hence why I’m talking about the "flawed voting system" on top of the ticketbuying issue. It’s a whole other problem and also the reason why I think SYS should be re-thought entirely. I personally don’t mind separate groups, but I know it’s been shot down by others every time it’s been mentioned

đŸ‡«đŸ‡· in đŸ‡°đŸ‡·
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    @Miyuri I wouldn't particularly mind that system either, it would just suck if you happen to get a few low scores while you're getting a feel for what the voters want, and ruin your average. Sometimes we stick to the theme only to find voters are only voting for gowns a few looks in. And I currently have excessive TBs almost every single week. There's like, no middle ground. Either they are paying to win, or not paying at all. I think ppl that are small TBs would mitigate the same risk they do now where they most likely will end up with excessive TBs or they could end up in a rare chill group. In the method I just suggested, no one has to buy tickets, it would just leave the option available aka our current system. But the other group is 14 looks max (so no rollover tickets) and the ticket purchasing feature would be disabled. Glu can even throw in a new triple bundle for non ticket buyers, but instead of tickets, maybe energy or something. 
    - Emmy
  • haikawahaikawa Registered Users, Member 730 Posts
    since i only rejoined the game a few months back, i know i dont really know enough about the old sys system and its flaws/setbacks to make an informed judgement other than 'omg that sounds so much better than right now', but after weeks and weeks of sys threads being bombarded with valid complaints and negativity you have to think if the current system is working properly if its causing so much dissent amongst players. and it's really only the ts board (and the flawed voting system too but that's a different issue 🙄) thats so problematic for us. i wish we could have some combination of both the new style and the old style that would mitigate these problems, but i'm not a game designer, what do i know? i'm only one of the many disgruntled paying customers đŸ€·â€â™€ïž
    iOS Level 33  ❣ 
    Daily Free Player  ❄  Nov '19 - now 
    #UpdateWeekdayTBBoxes ⋆ #TSusingAverages ⋆ #All4ItemsinEventBoxes ⋆ #20VideosforEveryone
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    edited May 2020
    The voting is flawed sometimes but I think that can be easily helped by having more guidance when Kalinda calls. For example this week it should have said chic and casual. @mandamay76 I think it was that had a great suggestion of providing a mannequin or NPC at the pop up shop with an  example outfit. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to stop ppl from submitting off theme looks, or stop ppl from voting for them. All Glu can do is offer more guidance. I think when more guidance is offered, we see better results in the voting booth. 

ETA: the example outfit can even be pulled from the inspo dolls post on the forum and can be given credit. I think that would be really fun to have our dolls or atleast their outfit featured. 
    - Emmy
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    Bear_KKH said:
    The voting is flawed sometimes but I think that can be easily helped by having more guidance when Kalinda calls. For example this week it should have said chic and casual. @mandamay76 I think it was that had a great suggestion of providing a mannequin or NPC at the pop up shop with an  example outfit. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to stop ppl from submitting off theme looks, or stop ppl from voting for them. All Glu can do is offer more guidance. I think when more guidance is offered, we see better results in the voting booth. 

ETA: the example outfit can even be pulled from the inspo dolls post on the forum and can be given credit. I think that would be really fun to have our dolls or atleast their outfit featured. 
    I did suggest that and think the inspo doll idea is great!  But a more clear phone call would do wonders like I believe it was @Rikk and others have suggested and given examples...   If they seperated the closet a little more ( cocktail, evening gowns, day wear dresses) they could lock down gowns for non gown dresses maybe!  My non forum friend who plays saw me in booth on one of my 30 scored outifts and I wasnt popular pick against the new Shell gown - that stings
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    I love how you’ve suggested implementing a ticket buying and non ticket buying system Bear_kkh but I still don’t think it could ever work. Mainly because glu wouldn’t want to limit people straight off the bat - loads of players buy tickets at the end or don’t start with intention of buying any but get caught up and buy a bundle and glu won’t want to create a system that stops those purchases. I also think dividing players would lead to more categories being demanded because where does it end? Is it fair new players are with those who have years worth of kloset items? Should there be a ‘I can hit every ticket on time’ group and a ‘I might be busy with my family or school work so need a chill group’ option? What about time zones? Should we have a Europe group and a US group? I know that sounds wild but the minute you start creating divisions based on one criteria, other groups will want more specific sets too so I think it would be too hard. 

I think a submission cap would be best as you can buy as many tickets as you want but only top 14 count. It wouldn’t stop ticket buying so happy glu but would stop players being pitched against miss millionaire who has 45 submissions of the ham dress and last weeks TS hair. 

I also have a question if Kalinda or eggs could answer? If someone hacks the prizes and is wearing the dress and hair like we’ve seen, what happens when they then win? Do they get the prizes again or does the game somehow know they’ve already got that thing in their kloset so the prizes go nowhere? 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • bbyoticbbyotic Registered Users 109 Posts
    using the top scoring 14 looks sounds like a good idea and I'd like to see it in practise just out of curiosity, but idk how that would actually work when it comes to using free tickets?? not sure if I'm able to coherently explain what I'm thinking but how many free tickets would we have? idk maybe someone already explained this thoroughly and i forgot but I'm not sure this would work well.
    Personally I think the best solution would be for the prizes to be won after you achieve a certain amount of votes - if you get 575 you'd automatically get the trendsetters prizes. This wouldn't stop ticket buying and I think it would actually encourage it, I see a lot of people not being able to finish the event and get the earnables, but if they knew they'd also get the trendsetters prizes they would be nore inclined to buy tickets to finish the event!! Not only that but it'd be fairer for players that get over 600+ votes without buying tickets and aren't able to place on top 5 due to excessive buyers - which to me just feels like a slap to the face.

tl;dr: give trendsetters prizes to everyone that gets 575+ votes 📱📱📱
    Android user since 2014
    Portuguese player!!
  • bbyoticbbyotic Registered Users 109 Posts

disappointed, but not surprised

Highest - lowest - favourite

the highest was my first look, after that it all went down hill lmao

final score board just fyi

(the doll pictured was a tb that wasn't in the top 5 in the last half hour of the event 🙃🙃🙃) 
    Android user since 2014
    Portuguese player!!
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    Wow! 59 pages! I'm gonna try to read the whole thing.. I wonder what I've missed! There must be some tea! đŸ”đŸ‘€
     Anyways, sorry again for the late post.. I almost forgot to screenshot them before they took the sys down! I would have been so sad because I've never done this well in an sys before. I thought I would totally tank this event, but I actually got the last earnable with look 12! I'd been close before, but had never done it... So, for anyone who cares:

I came in 5th.. I didn't bother with the other ticket buyers this time as I wasn't crazy about the hair.. at least their looks were on theme. :)
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    @luvs2gruuv girl your closet is literal goals 😍 I'm gagging over these causal looks of yours though :love:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmâ˜ș

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    Thank you, @Carol Davida. 😘😘😘 I'm trying to read through the thread so I haven't gotten to yours yet, but I always look forward to seeing your looks! :)
    And your new profile pic is so beautiful! 
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

• MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    @Bear_KKH i contacted support and got my ticket back so still managed my 14 tickets 😃
    Ok so here are my looks 5-14. I wasn’t really playing much over the weekend as I was feeling really fed up so just entered looks and shut the game off.

My TS board.

I play on iOS