Start bonus’

yemrotsyemrots Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
How do you get a start bonus for projects? How do you get a heart bonus on dates?

Comments

• woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    @yemrots doll you have to buy a lot of outfits that are marked with a heart 
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • yemrotsyemrots Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Does that also apply toward the star bonus on projects?
  • oliviaaaa128oliviaaaa128 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    @yemrots You need to buy stuff from the closet that are marked with a star for professional events.  
  • RocketQueenRocketQueen Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Are clothes the best way to quickly get star/heart boosts? Or are you better off buying houses or home accessories instead?
    yemrots said:
    Does that also apply toward the star bonus on projects?
    Yes
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
    @RocketQueen yes clothes are probably the best way, but you could buy furniture, or houses and cars to get the stars or hearts
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited April 2020
    items you own.clothes, cars, furniture , etc All add stars or hearts.  furniture is very good , clothes seem to Cost more, and the heart and star points are allegedly greater for non clothes items.  Perhaps because they anticipate we will buy clothes, but this is incentive to furnish homes and garages!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • yemrotsyemrots Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    how many hearts do you need to get a start bonus?
    @yemrots it depends on your level I think 
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • ShannonandBearShannonandBear Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    When I was lower level (now LVL 27) if I chose a vaguely correctly themed outfit I'd get a bonus star upon starting but now that never seems to happen despite earning new clothes at every SYS and gift box event.

What gives? How can I get those bonus points back? I also buy furnishings for my properties to earn gold stars and hearts. I also never get an outfit bonus on dates anymore (although my husband doesn't complain about my outfit).

Any tips or pointers?
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    you have to purchase/win clothing to get the bonus star - it doesnt matter what you have on. If you look in Kloset you will see stars or hearts next to item those go towards bonus star/heart.  If you look before starting a quest  it will say 750/900  so you would need to collect clothing that equals out to 150 more stars. If that makes any sense
  • andressavolpiniandressavolpini Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Hi!

That bonus refers to the numbers of stars that you have in your wardrobe, like the image: 

You earn stars when you buy stuff with a gold star, like the image: 

And the golden hearts gives a bonus on dates. 
    But it seems to me that every time I get new clothing the number I need to reach keeps going up. Like for every new item I acquire and every gold heart/star bonus I get the next event has a higher threshold, if that makes sense.

Thank you for your responses! I miss the good old days where it was bonus hearts and stars all day.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    When you're first starting out, the amount of star/heart points you need for gigs and dates is based on your level. So every time you level up, you need more. Once you reach a certain amount you'll always get the bonus and won't have to worry about it. I don't remember what that amount is, maybe around 2000-2500?
    When you're first starting out, the amount of star/heart points you need for gigs and dates is based on your level. So every time you level up, you need more. Once you reach a certain amount you'll always get the bonus and won't have to worry about it. I don't remember what that amount is, maybe around 2000-2500?
    So once I get my gold stars and hearts up to 2500 I'll get the bonuses automatically?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I’m not sure about the figure needed  but @soundspretty ‘s guesstimate sounds about right.  You can’t go wrong listening to her.  She’s super knowledgeable and unlike me, has much better date & number retention. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    So once I get my gold stars and hearts up to 2500 I'll get the bonuses automatically?

Yes! Again, I don't remember the exact amount but it's somewhere around there. Then it won't matter how much you level up, you'll always get the bonus.
    Thank you both for your help!  <3