๐Ÿ—ณ๏ธSYS - 5/28/20 - Flower Power theme - that's Groovy. ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ”‹

Comments

• robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    kayayem said:
    Here comes the floral gowns. I hope the Kalinda call is very specific.
    I thought about it too. I think we see a lot of flower gowns ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜
    iOS playerย 
    ย 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm in the same boat.ย ย  Have fun with the theme.ย  It was a time when truly "anything goes" was the rule.ย  Flag apparel works.ย  When you look at hippie pictures, someone is always wearing flag stuff.ย ย  Biker chic borrowed a lot from hippies, and Easy Rider came out in 69, so biker look with a flower should work.ย  But will the voters know it?ย  I think the event needs a captioned disclaimer - in the true age of Flower Power there were no fashion rules.
    ANd then in the 70s, the hippies took off all there clothes and started streaking.ย  I want to see that SYS.ย 
    long flowing hair, nothing too structured.ย  Long skirts and maxi dresses were worn alongside people in jeans.ย  No suits.ย ย ย  But we can scour the internet and get a good grasp of what is theme, but are the voters going to do the research?ย ย ย 
    Ok,ย  we need spoilers.ย  time for a chant.ย  And did I see out PuppyKeeper @LindaVB around?ย  We need puppies, chanting, disney and then Spoilers.ย 
    Spoilers Please Spoilers Please Spoilers Please Please Please
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • asalaxoasalaxo Registered Users, Member 876 Posts
    I live for the 60s/70s! Iโ€™m all about rock music and serial killers lol ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“
    iOS player
  • snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    I am SO excited, I don't think I own much to go with the theme but I think this is probably one of my favourite approaches we've had for SYS so far!ย No doubt the voting booth will be a mess of different styles and my looks definitely won't be any better but it's so nice to have something a little different while still leaving it open for interpretationย ๐Ÿ˜ป
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
    ErikaKKH said:
    This is the only thing I can come up with and it took me 10 mins to put together, I have nothing for this theme ๐Ÿ˜‚

Those are the pants I dyed, and they work well with other colors.ย  But, you must wear heels with them, otherwise you foot is wonky.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • danjames12danjames12 Registered Users, Member 518 Posts

Well I had fun coming up with some looks, not quite sure if theyโ€™re on theme, or if theyโ€™ll Score well thoughย 
    iOS player...used to play when the game first came out!! Flash forward about five different dolls and here we are.
    Playingย this doll since January 2020, and doubt Iโ€™ll be changing again! (Unless I quit because sys is a joke and Iโ€™m really starting to loose the fun in this game โœŒ๐ŸผโŒ)
  • ErikaKKHErikaKKH Registered Users, Member 219 Posts

Those are the pants I dyed, and they work well with other colors.ย  But, you must wear heels with them, otherwise you foot is wonky.
    Good to know! Thank you ๐Ÿ’–
    iOS โœจย 
    english isnโ€™t my first language ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช
    FB - Erika Aurora ๐Ÿ’—

• mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    buriteri said:
    So excited for this groovy late-60s/psychedelic/hippie flower power theme! Omg I canโ€™t wait to see the spoilers for prizes bc I just know theyโ€™re gonna be amazing ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Now for some information for you dolls so youโ€™re well prepared for the Summer of Love ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜Š again disclaimer, Iโ€™m no fashion expert nor a historian. Iโ€™m simply a fashion enthusiast that wishes for themes to be honored accurately. And these are just suggestions and tips, if you donโ€™t want to follow them, thatโ€™s fine! Youโ€™re free to look like a modern Coachella girl ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š

Just a friendly reminder that the Hippie Era was birthed during the mid-1960s and was largely such, a 1960s, movement in fashion and not the 1970s. The fashion in the early to mid 1970s didnโ€™t really feature the loose and baggy silhouettes from the Hippies but did adopt itโ€™s earthiness and neutral colors. You can say that early to mid 70s fashion was a mixture of the Mod and Hippie where they adopt Mod cuts and silhouettes and fused it with Hippie colors.

Now that we can identify the era, letโ€™s closely look at Hippie fashion in itโ€™s truest form. Garments frequently associated with hippiesย include bell-bottom pants, long skirts, vests, large blouses, and accessories such as beads, scarves and headbands. All of those articles of clothing were featured in a mixture of neutral earthy tones and psychedelic rainbow colors. Hair and makeup was not a key highlight to the hippie look as many preferred to go au naturel. Examples below๐ŸŒบ

Now what isnโ€™t Hippie? The images below. Many find associate the bright colors and overwhelming โ€œFlower Powerโ€ vibes of these outfits to be Hippie however that is not the case. These outfits are actually more closely related to the Mod subculture because they feature gogo boots and mini skirts.

I hope everyone took something away from this. We all know that the game seriously lacks in providing information about themes which leads to misrepresentation for themes and I wanted to share my knowledge with you all ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– Good luck to everyone this weekend and I canโ€™t wait to see all your fabulous looks!!

EDIT: now that Iโ€™ve processed the name of the theme more, Mod might actually also be a featured style and not just Hippie. Weโ€™ll just have to see and wait for spoilers ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I was trying to put something like this together and you beat me to it and did it perfectly! <3ย  I was very into this look and vibe growing up as my uncle was a hippie and went to woodstock - The doors & led zeppelinย  are my favorite bandsย 
  • korobeinikiikorobeinikii Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    I love the theme, it's so different! Sadly I don't have much for it, but thank you to all your beautiful looks and inspirations I'm getting some good ideas I wouldn't have thought otherwise :smile:
  • ErikaKKHErikaKKH Registered Users, Member 219 Posts
    Unwinter said:
    kayayem said:
    Here comes the floral gowns. I hope the Kalinda call is very specific.
    I really wish kalinda would just call, say, "NO GOWNS!" and then hang up.ย 
    Donโ€™t forget the iconic bathing suits!ย 
    iOS โœจย 
    english isnโ€™t my first language ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช
    FB - Erika Aurora ๐Ÿ’—

• dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    OMG the name is so confusing, if I see flower gowns in the voting booth I'm gonna cry!ย 

Android playerย 
    Christmas lover ๐ŸŽ„
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • D98D98 Registered Users, Member 560 Posts
    ๐Ÿ’œSpoilers please๐Ÿ’œ
    I'm nervous about the SYSย  this weekend, I don't know what to wear, I don't even know if I will have enough outfits๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿค” I wish them all the best๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒ โญ
    edited May 2020
    have fun and think Hippy Dippy, Groovy feeling clothes , and ooooh Mods were also that time.ย  They brought miniskirts, and lots of big flowers.ย  There was a model that exploded along with the beatles.ย  I'll google and come back with it.

Back.ย  It was Twiggy
    So, she was not 'hippie' with long flowing hairs, but she was def another flower power look.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • UnwinterUnwinter Registered Users, Member 597 Posts
    But imagine if we had pants like these in the game, we would've rocked this sys! There are similar ones but not exactly like this (or am I missing something?)ย 

Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook
  • buriteriburiteri Registered Users, Member 485 Posts
    edited May 2020
    @mandamay76 Iโ€™m so happy that I could do the hippie style justice ๐Ÿ’– Your uncle, I bet, must have been the coolest guy!

@kokokokonut Is the model youโ€™re talking about Twiggy? Bc I love her! Sheโ€™s seriously the only face I see when I think Mod ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    I'm a '99 child so excuse me if these are off theme lol
    Any suggestions are welcome! โœŒ๐Ÿป๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ

• mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    A few more for help/inspoย 
  • MistyqueMistyque Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

I got inspired by everyone's looks โ˜ฎ๏ธ
    ****๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ช ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ด ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐“–๐“›๐“ค ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ท/๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ. ๐“—๐“ช๐“น๐“น๐”‚ ๐“๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“จ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ป๐Ÿ’‹****
    โญ๐’น๐’ถ๐’พ๐“๐“Ž ๐“๐‘œ๐‘”๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐“‡๐‘’๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น๐“ˆโญ๐Ÿ’Ž๐’น๐’พ๐’ถ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐’น๐“ˆ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐“‹๐‘œ๐“‰๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐’ท๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“๐“Ž๐Ÿ’Ž