Time to start fresh with a FEMALE doll? (long, insight needed!) šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

SethyxSethyx Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
Heyooo my wonderful people. I hope you're all doing well and keeping yourselves healthy!Ā 
A bit of a rant in first box, skip till the bottom questions if you don't have the time, which I appreciate regardless.Ā Ā <3Ā 
I've recently come to conclusion that.. I truly am wasting my time with the male doll. I've had a blast in the first 2 months, but the stagnation of anything new coming your way for overĀ half a year (wow, how it flew by..) will get to your head - and fast.
I've been reaching Top 3 in SYS with minimal effort, simply because the competition is THAT bad. The rewards are always a bunch of stars, nothing too exciting, but I've come to the point where I have finished SIX entire Kollections.. as a free player of 6 months. And that's supposed to be amazing, right? Well, it most definitely isn't, as male dolls haven't gotten a new Kollection in many, many years. So I'm pretty much running by the clock here, where I'll end up owning everything I want without any effort - and that's it, that'll be the last of my clothing selection and I'll just be left with furnishing my homes.

I'm here for the FASHION ASPECT of the game, which has been dead for guys for far too long and doesn't seem like things will be changing.. ever.Ā I know I'll continuously be disappointed as a huuuuuuge minority in a female-oriented fashion game I adore. I'm most definitely saddened, as I obviously feel much more comfortable living the Hollywood fantasy with a male doll as a.. well, a male.. but this just isn't working out for me and I will unapologetically put the blame on Glu for never addressing these issues and just brushing it off.
I want to be a part of community, I want to enjoy these events, chant about my first ever Kimiversary knowing I'll also have a chance to get some amazing clothes.. and not just a bunch of Throwbacks I most likely already own considering there's so little of them. I want to thrive in this game for YEARS, but I don't see that happening when I have nothing to do. So you can tell where this is going by the title! o:)

1) How difficult is the adjustment in terms of stars? I've became so used to getting the top prizes with male SYS, which are 60-80 worth of stars, as well as additional 30-80 from the voting rewards. Kollections are pretty much a joke to me and I know I'll have to be MUCH more careful with what I invest in with a female doll.Ā 

2) How brutal is the competition and scoring Top prizes in SYS at lower levels? My first and foremost plan isn't leveling up and finishing quests, but instead to focus on weekend and TB events to build my closet. If I'm continuously underrewarded, I'll be beating a dead horse even quicker than with male doll!Ā 

3) How free-player friendly is the female doll's game? This one is the trickiest for me, as this boy's been living luxurious for far too long lolĀ 

(technical one) 4) Let's say I don't want to fully erase my male doll's game for sentimental purposes, WITHOUT owning a new phone, is the use of those emulators to play this game okay? It's the only other alternative I have, as I don't use Facebook or an extra device. If so, can I transfer my male doll onto the emulator "account" and then create a new female doll on my actual phone?Ā 

Stay safeeeeeeeeeeee!Ā  :*

Comments

• malakk15malakk15 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Yes you just said everything I was worrying about. I only have my phone so if I play female doll, my male game (and my precious kstars) is gone for good. Also, what amazes me the most is the fact that male game is a dying game but every week I still have different TBs in my groups šŸ¤”Ā 
  • SethyxSethyx Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    malakk15 said:
    Yes you just said everything I was worrying about. I only have my phone so if I play female doll, my male game (and my precious kstars) is gone for good. Also, what amazes me the most is the fact that male game is a dying game but every week I still have different TBs in my groups šŸ¤”Ā 
    Firstly, you have no idea how happy I am to meet another individual playing with a male doll. I feel like an alien at this point!

It gets really rough if you're devoted to finishing all the (TB item filled) Weekend events, because the item selection will start to repeat itself. Right now, I have an event where I'm only missing 2Ā items out of 14, and I've been playing for a bit 6 months. It's... not good and I think you're first person who's going to understand how bad it actually is. The dye event is horrible, practically non existent, as we don't even have Diamonds to earn.. no new clothing items for over a year and half (I literally analyzed it week by week from the Encyclopedia).. insane, really. I haven't done the reset yet still waiting for a girlie to answer some of those questions, but I'm on the very edgeĀ 

And YES! I did notice that as well. Obviously, some of them are bots, but I have seen new faces nearly all the time, using the starter items, and it is falsely making me believe that the male playerbase is much larger.
  • rebecca0105rebecca0105 Registered Users, Member 210 Posts
    Thought someone would have answered this by now šŸ¤” I'll do it then hahaha

1) If you are used to getting that much stars for doing barely any effort, the change will be really difficult. For a Female SYS, even if you win first place, you won't get even a quarter of the stars you win in a male SYS.

2) It's a blood bath. In some SYS, even if you are on-theme, other dolls with off-theme looks can score higher than you. And some TBs may go insane in order to be 1st place. Literally Hunger Games. But if you enter at the correct time, you may be lucky and even with a TB(s) you may land on 1st or 2nd place.

3) Mmmm so so. You definitely get more attention in the sense there's always new items for events, but compared to male dolls (what you described here), we don't get stars as easy. But I guess all the new event items make up for it.

4) I have tried several times without results (lol) so I really can't answer this. If you find a good one tho tell me cause I want a male doll game to gift things to my female doll LOL
  • danjames12danjames12 Registered Users, Member 518 Posts
    My advice... DO NOT DELTE YOU'RE MALE DOLL. You donā€™t want to loose the time youā€™ve put into the game.Ā 

when I decided my male doll was boring and tedious, I was lucky in that I could offload him on my phone...about a month later I discovered he still had 500 kstars which I could use to buy outfits for my female doll. I still use him occasionally, but only during weekends for sys (and the odd interesting event)Ā 

Answers to your questions:

1) the adjustment is a lot tbh šŸ˜‚ but you get used to it quite quickly, I mean at the end of the day by that point thereā€™s no real alternative;/ Ā thereā€™s no where near as many kstars available each week BUT for sys there is new items, so I guess, you can get used to it. I know I did.Ā 

2) when you first start out, youā€™ll be put in low ranked sys, for Me this meant I was in the top five for the first theee sys I did (without even getting the firs earnable) after this though, itā€™s hard to adjust...usually I donā€™t rank in the top five with my female doll (usually itā€™s about 6/7 :/ even if I do get the last earnable) as another doll has said...sys became a bloodbath at this point...but then my current male doll has three ticket buyers in His group

3) kstars are obviously a much more difficult to get by, sixth place only gets 5 kstars and energy, whilst male accounts get like 30? I canā€™t fully remember but thatā€™s where my male doll placed last week šŸ˜‚
    Itā€™s definitely not as f2p friendly as a male doll is, you get ticket buyers into the thousands on female dolls whilst the highest Iā€™ve encountered for a male doll was around 750

4) my advice would be make a Facebook account. I know thatā€™s not the best advice, but maybe get another email if you donā€™t want it attached to your personal email? I donā€™t know, I mean, I have both my dolls linked to separate Facebook accounts (facing an issue rn trying to change them around šŸ˜‚)
    I guess Iā€™m lucky in that because I have an iPad, I can keep one on my phone and one on there though so I didnā€™t personally encounter any issues there.Ā 

BUT my advice would be, if you can secure youā€™re male account I would restart. Just because, I guess, it will only get more repetitive, just as it did for me.
    Ive had a lot more fun with my female doll than I did with my male one.Ā 

Hope that helped? I was probably a lot more waffley than I needed to be.Ā 
    iOS player...used to play when the game first came out!! Flash forward about five different dolls and here we are.
    PlayingĀ this doll since January 2020, and doubt Iā€™ll be changing again! (Unless I quit because sys is a joke and Iā€™m really starting to loose the fun in this game āœŒšŸ¼āŒ)
    @rebecca0105 and @danjames12, thank you both so much for those answers! It's even rougher than I imagined the adjustment to stars and SYS would be..

I think I'll definitely miss my boy if I was to ditch him for good, so the best solution seems to be managing both dolls on different platforms! Looks like Facebook is the best alternative to do that, so I think I'll make one exclusively for the game.. can't hurt, right?
    Though I'll try to look into somehow switching my male doll's data from phone to Facebook and the female one from Facebook to phone, as I use my phone all the time and want the female one to be my main game.. we'll see where it goes from there!

Thank you all once again <3
  • SebastianKKHSebastianKKH Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    I had the same crisis back in February and was getting major FOMO being on the forums, missing out on the SYS and event prizes so I reset my game with a female doll. MASSIVE regret. The old storylineā€™s were boring, I was sucking at SYS and I couldnā€™t afford anything. I had also lost my entire wardrobe I had built up. Iā€™m back to a male doll and enjoying it more than before. I donā€™t mind the Kstar prizes because it gives me that boost for event boxes and things like the kimiversary.Ā 
    But thatā€™s just me šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
    You could trial a female on another device and see how you feel, just keep your current progress because it sucks losing all the old prizes.
    @SebastianKKH
    Thank you for the reply! Just in time for a little update from my side.

I've decided not to reset my male doll. When it came to the decision, it just didn't feel right. Even though my reasons were probably right, with the male fashion not being expanded despite being my favorite aspect of the game, I've still put a LOT of time and effort into my boy and would never get over just erasing it in the blink of an eye. Besides, there might be a very, very slim chance they recruit someone in their team who does push them into making new stuff for males, so I'll hold onto that hope.

In the more exciting news... I made a female doll game on Bluestacks (android emulator)! It works much smoother than I feared, and even though I'm quite bored of repeating the storyline, I'm somehow keeping myself entertained by focusing on the events, at least until I unlock SYS and get the show on the road! I've also decided to spice things up, to make both of their journeys oh so sweeter by making them siblings with an ongoing rivalry!Ā I know.. super original.. but at least it'll inspire me into going over the line to build both of them at the same time! Pictures coming soon!

Gracias for pulling me away from a mistake and turning it into something tad bit more exciting :)
  • SebastianKKHSebastianKKH Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Glad you stayed, we need more boys āœŒšŸ»šŸ’™