🗳️ 📽️SYS 6/18/20 - Golden Age of Hollywood! 🎬

Comments

• haikawahaikawa Registered Users, Member 730 Posts

gonna try the 6th anniversary hair since its new but i dont like that it blocked the earrings 😭
    iOS Level 33  ❣ 
    Daily Free Player  ❄︎  Nov '19 - now 
    #UpdateWeekdayTBBoxes ⋆ #TSusingAverages ⋆ #All4ItemsinEventBoxes ⋆ #20VideosforEveryone
  • buriteriburiteri Registered Users, Member 485 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Unwinter said:
    Kalinda's cute phone call: 💖

Oh no black gowns 😩😩 literally every look I have aside from one is colored and I also just despise wearing black 🙈 back to the drawing board I guess 😔
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    @samanthakkh aww thank you so much 🥰🥰 I hate that i like it because that look is over 700 kstars 
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    edited June 2020
    @buriteri I have enough and don't mind wearing black but since I know people weren't literally wearing black all the time in classic Hollywood, I don't understand the suggestion. I'm hoping the phone call doesn't ruin me getting to use brighter colors for theme because now I'm nervous that if I ignore the color advice, voters won't vote as much for red, pink, green or whatever other colors I might want to use.
    Edit: Any chance we can get another phone call that corrects this mistake and just says to use gowns and long dresses? I was happy with the theme until the phone call. The earnable and TS dresses aren't even black so this doesn't make sense to me.

Platform: Android

• samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    @kaydencekkh i knowww its honestly kinda discouraging 😣 its like saying the new makeup all together is worth the $60 725 star pack like what!
    @juliara that would be so cute! It would be like the day/night items from Halloween where we can have it in color but also have a button or smth that can change it to b&w 
  • Charlotte_DCharlotte_D Registered Users, Member 231 Posts
    Eughhh... I wish we could have a fun SYS with better themes 🤦🏼‍♀️😭
  • RoxxxieRoxxxie Registered Users, Member 403 Posts
    Weird... I'm not sure how but my comment is gone.

Well as a TLDR; I personally don't like the prizes but I'm glad others like them. To me they're just meh. I wish we had a pride SYS to show solidarity. And I think it's a missed opportunity to not have black and white themed prizes so it could be an homage to black and white entertainment. I'm looking forward to see everyone's creativity. 

La pitre résistance!! 🤡
    Proudly Canadian. 🇨🇦
    University student studying law and criminology.👩🏾‍⚖
    Trilingual.🗣
    Facebook: Coming soon.
  • eviewashereeviewashere Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    Ahh I’m late lol! I’m not completely prepared for this sys just because I have like 0 hairs lol, but I’m really happy about a gown sys, I’ve gotten so many gowns recently and haven’t been able to use them for ages. I really love the ts prizes, hope I won’t get robbed off it by another ticket buyer lol. I’m happy about the colour theme bc I’ve built up a ridiculous amount of black dyes, I’ll probs post some looks/ inspo later on 
  • Charlotte_DCharlotte_D Registered Users, Member 231 Posts
    Roxxxie said:
    Weird... I'm not sure how but my comment is gone.

Well as a TLDR; I personally don't like the prizes but I'm glad others like them. To me they're just meh. I wish we had a pride SYS to show solidarity. And I think it's a missed opportunity to not have black and white themed prizes so it could be an homage to black and white entertainment. I'm looking forward to see everyone's creativity. 

I 100% agree with you, that would of been amazing... Black and White theme is a sad missed opportunity for this weeks SYS. 💪🏼💪🏽💪🏾💪🏿
  • AriDollAriDoll Registered Users, Member 147 Posts
    I love these threads!! I understand people’s frustration of recurring themes but honestly I’m excited for gown/cocktail dress themes. (I am hoping they do something for pride month though, too). I just want to thank Kokokokonut for these threads - even when I wasn’t a member on the forum I would love reading the beginning of these threads and seeing bright coloured fonts. Gowns are a big part of this game and for new players these themes are a relief and more fun to play. As a long time player, I still don’t have all the casual clothes I need for other themes. There are threads where we can voice our opinion and make suggestions for SYS events - but I love these threads in particular because we get to see each other’s style and uniqueness (and Koko’s positivity!) Anyways, I’ll be posting some of my inspo and outfits I’ll probably use later. I really really love it when I come on here and see other ideas. :) it’s also a great study break because I have an exam on Friday and I’m a little stressed!! (Yes schools are closed but I still get to write my exams!)
    iOS user! 
  • danjames12danjames12 Registered Users, Member 518 Posts
    Wait why just black and white?? Not all dresses of the era were black or white tons of the dresses were FULL of colour! I don’t care whether the camera was black and white, colour photos show how beautiful these colourful gowns were! Worried voters will just want black and white dresses now :/ 

Fou
    iOS player...used to play when the game first came out!! Flash forward about five different dolls and here we are.
    Playing this doll since January 2020, and doubt I’ll be changing again! (Unless I quit because sys is a joke and I’m really starting to loose the fun in this game ✌🏼❌)
  • danjames12danjames12 Registered Users, Member 518 Posts
    Eh maybe I’m just annoyed cause I’m a huge Hollywood nerd. 
    iOS player...used to play when the game first came out!! Flash forward about five different dolls and here we are.
    Playing this doll since January 2020, and doubt I’ll be changing again! (Unless I quit because sys is a joke and I’m really starting to loose the fun in this game ✌🏼❌)
  • MissMissy0717MissMissy0717 Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Looking through all of these beautiful gown looks.... 😍🤩😍🤩

Looking through my kloset... 😭😭🤡☠️

Everyone looks SO gorgeous & I would vote for literally any of these styles in their original color because y’all are so beautiful! 🤩
    (Also I hope to not have to go against any of you either cause I’m screwed 😂)
  • RoxxxieRoxxxie Registered Users, Member 403 Posts
    Some more looks...

La pitre résistance!! 🤡
    Proudly Canadian. 🇨🇦
    University student studying law and criminology.👩🏾‍⚖
    Trilingual.🗣
    Facebook: Coming soon.
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    Dressed all in black 🖤✨ @ViennaKKH @Zarah @buriteri

iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • clarizzoclarizzo Registered Users, Member 732 Posts
    Black dresses, Kalinda? They really want us to spend our diamonds on those dye boxes, huh? 😂 
    ✨iOS doll since March 2020 ✨
    💓add me on Facebook: Clarissa Clair 
    Stunning Hollywood starlets 😍😍 thank you for including me @AmyMimi
  • Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    @danjames12 im in LOVE with the Grace Kelly pics you've posted! what beautiful colourful gowns
  • eviewashereeviewashere Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Here’s what I’ve put together so far:
    firstly the time era was scrambled so these looks may be from different years lol.

i noticed a lot of off the shoulder/ shoulder less dresses, either showing one leg or being a full length dress, there were so many different colours but here’s a few I found that were black 
    I also saw a few puffy sleeved dresses but there aren’t many gowns that have puffy sleeves in game, I tried recreating these looks, some with a more modern touch.
    as for hairs, I really struggled because I barely have any let alone any on theme, I noticed short, wavy hair or up-do’s were popular, Again the time period was all over the place so I tried my best lol.
    also ignore the fact my dolls hair changed, trying to see which one I like better lol. I tried for some of them to make it more modern, and with some of them to be completely time- accurate.

( also just to add on )
    as for jewellery, silver seems to be the best option, and combos like small earrings and a big necklace and big, drop earrings with small dainty necklaces are the biggest theme. Here’s an example of what I mean

• DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    Should I experiment and just do black dresses for the first 2 and do a color for the third to see how it scores? I'm really annoyed because I always get put in groups where people take the themes and the call suggestions really seriously so it affects my votes.
    Platform: Android

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts