Saving kstars for 6th Kimiversary project! ⭐️

Comments

• thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    I haven't updated in a couple of weeks I'm sorry! 😭
    But I've been so good with saving my Kstars 😊 My goal was 650+ but I surpassed that!
    I just got a "Real drama 11" achievement and right now I have 840 K-stars (would've had a couple more but the daily videos are laggy today) 

Would've been impossible without the help of this thread - it was a great motivation! Thanks @Unwinter @LydiaKKH💖

• LydiaKKHLydiaKKH Registered Users, Member 870 Posts
    edited June 2020
    *Long post warning*
    Kimiversary Guide:
    -Kimiversary is the annual celebration of the game, since it launched June 2014

If everything runs the way it did last year (remember Glu likes to add new things or mix things up all the time), then this is the timeline to expect (thank you @kokokokonut for your calender):

June 25: 
    - Weekly sys (hopefully celebration themed)
    -Bonus K stars start, from Thursday to Sunday 
    -50% Flash sale of closet items, except bridal, quest specific items, and a few other exclusions
    -Throwback sale: Selected items from past years are available for purchase, however they are NOT 50% off, that is only regular closet items, and they are extremely expensive. 

*Here are last years throwback items offered during Kimiversary, thank you @AliBryant for the pictures. These items will NOT be discounted, the prices you see is what to expect. These are last years items, so this year will be different, however there might be some from last year offered this year. All items offered are at least a year old, usually more, and are items from weekend events, and the old format of sys. Fashion goals, Kollections, and sys items from the new format are all not included.

June 26-28:
    -weekend event, most likely professional
    -K star for each 5 star rating offer (just like a vip weekend)
    -Kimiversary boxes, that stay available for several weeks, and include past Kimiversary items, and a couple new ones as well. 
    Picture credit goes to @LindaVB for her wonderful encyclopedia:

Now for the tips:
    -Save as much as possible from now until Kimiversary. 1000 k stars sounds like a lot, but you will be disappointed that you didn't save at least that much. 
    -If you plan on buying stars, wait until Kimiversary! You will get double the amount, so if you purchase the $100 deal, you will get 2500 stars instead of 1250. *Note: last year we had some issues with people only getting the usual amount, not double, so make sure your screen shows the doubled number before purchasing.
    -If you are going to buy stars, then try to get itunes or google play store gift cards, there are some great sales where you can get a $100 gift card for $70-80. I believe costco is still a great place to go for gift cards, but don't quote me on that. 
    -Breathe. When the throwback items are added to the closet, and the closet items are half off, you will want to buy everything. Remember that there are weekend gift boxes, and that you might never use certain items. 
    -Don't buy Kimiversary boxes. Limit yourself to one or two if you really want an item, but you will have about three weeks after Kimiversary is over to buy boxes. Wait until the next vip weekend to buy them. Throwback items will leave the closet Sunday night, the boxes will be there until after vip. 

Now for my newer players:
    -Spend your stars wisely. I know there will be so many cool items to choose from, but some items you will literally never wear again. Even if you will wear it every day, like the gs lips, is the pricetag worth it? Are you willing to spend 180 stars on lips instead of ten closet items? Ask yourself these questions, and take your time buying items. You will regret making impulse decisions later. 
    -Spend a maximum of 500-600 stars on throwback items. Focus on hairs, dresses, and handhelds, as these will be the most useful for sys's. I hate to limit creativity, but pick items that a lot of dolls have, and wear. The umbrella is cool, but you won't use it as often as the silver dress. If you are not sure what items will be useful, ask in the thread. Use this event to build up your closet, and use diamonds to get those special items that are a little weird in a few months, or wait until Black friday for more throwback items. 
    -Spend the rest of your stars on closet items. Throwback items are usually gorgeous, but they are extremely expensive. The 100 stars you spend on one throwback hairstyle can buy you at least 4 closet items. Focus on handhelds, shoes, dresses, and hairstyles.
    -Start with the throwback items first and then spend the rest on closet items. I just said that, but the order is important. You are going to run out of stars fast. It will be so much easier to grind for closet items that are probably 20-50 stars than a throwback item costing 100 plus stars. 
    -Block out the weekend for the event. If you don't know how to do a three hour reality show in bel air with only 18-19 energy, ask now so you can purchase enough clothes for the bonus star. Even if you don't have a lot of stars, you can grind during the weekend and purchase more clothes. 

Kimiversary is such a fun time in the game and on the forum. There are so many things to buy, and everyone has fun. Remember though that a lot of people on the forum have been playing for a long time. They have saved up for months now, and they already own the "useful items." They are going to be spending on items that they personally love, not necessarily items that you will wear often, or that will score well in sys. If you don't know what items are most useful to buy, just ask, there are a lot of people who will help you. 

Now this guide is based off last year, and the previous Kimiversaries as well. New things can be introduced, and old things can be taken away. In addition, Kimiversary is such a big event, so I tried my best to include everything, but if anyone else has other tips or advice they want added, let me know. No matter what, we are going to have a great Kimiversary, so save save save, and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone in less than two weeks!
    Re-updating Kimiversary guide for new players! (sorry but I can't remove double quoting, just tap to see it!)
    iOS 41lvl 📱 English isn't my first language 🇵🇱
    Free player since July 2019 💖

#capontrendsetters #savingkstarsproject #alldolledupsquad
  • aprilhaineaprilhaine Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    LydiaKKH said:
    *Long post warning*
    Kimiversary Guide:
    -Kimiversary is the annual celebration of the game, since it launched June 2014

If everything runs the way it did last year (remember Glu likes to add new things or mix things up all the time), then this is the timeline to expect (thank you @kokokokonut for your calender):

June 25: 
    - Weekly sys (hopefully celebration themed)
    -Bonus K stars start, from Thursday to Sunday 
    -50% Flash sale of closet items, except bridal, quest specific items, and a few other exclusions
    -Throwback sale: Selected items from past years are available for purchase, however they are NOT 50% off, that is only regular closet items, and they are extremely expensive. 

*Here are last years throwback items offered during Kimiversary, thank you @AliBryant for the pictures. These items will NOT be discounted, the prices you see is what to expect. These are last years items, so this year will be different, however there might be some from last year offered this year. All items offered are at least a year old, usually more, and are items from weekend events, and the old format of sys. Fashion goals, Kollections, and sys items from the new format are all not included.

June 26-28:
    -weekend event, most likely professional
    -K star for each 5 star rating offer (just like a vip weekend)
    -Kimiversary boxes, that stay available for several weeks, and include past Kimiversary items, and a couple new ones as well. 
    Picture credit goes to @LindaVB for her wonderful encyclopedia:

Now for the tips:
    -Save as much as possible from now until Kimiversary. 1000 k stars sounds like a lot, but you will be disappointed that you didn't save at least that much. 
    -If you plan on buying stars, wait until Kimiversary! You will get double the amount, so if you purchase the $100 deal, you will get 2500 stars instead of 1250. *Note: last year we had some issues with people only getting the usual amount, not double, so make sure your screen shows the doubled number before purchasing.
    -If you are going to buy stars, then try to get itunes or google play store gift cards, there are some great sales where you can get a $100 gift card for $70-80. I believe costco is still a great place to go for gift cards, but don't quote me on that. 
    -Breathe. When the throwback items are added to the closet, and the closet items are half off, you will want to buy everything. Remember that there are weekend gift boxes, and that you might never use certain items. 
    -Don't buy Kimiversary boxes. Limit yourself to one or two if you really want an item, but you will have about three weeks after Kimiversary is over to buy boxes. Wait until the next vip weekend to buy them. Throwback items will leave the closet Sunday night, the boxes will be there until after vip. 

Now for my newer players:
    -Spend your stars wisely. I know there will be so many cool items to choose from, but some items you will literally never wear again. Even if you will wear it every day, like the gs lips, is the pricetag worth it? Are you willing to spend 180 stars on lips instead of ten closet items? Ask yourself these questions, and take your time buying items. You will regret making impulse decisions later. 
    -Spend a maximum of 500-600 stars on throwback items. Focus on hairs, dresses, and handhelds, as these will be the most useful for sys's. I hate to limit creativity, but pick items that a lot of dolls have, and wear. The umbrella is cool, but you won't use it as often as the silver dress. If you are not sure what items will be useful, ask in the thread. Use this event to build up your closet, and use diamonds to get those special items that are a little weird in a few months, or wait until Black friday for more throwback items. 
    -Spend the rest of your stars on closet items. Throwback items are usually gorgeous, but they are extremely expensive. The 100 stars you spend on one throwback hairstyle can buy you at least 4 closet items. Focus on handhelds, shoes, dresses, and hairstyles.
    -Start with the throwback items first and then spend the rest on closet items. I just said that, but the order is important. You are going to run out of stars fast. It will be so much easier to grind for closet items that are probably 20-50 stars than a throwback item costing 100 plus stars. 
    -Block out the weekend for the event. If you don't know how to do a three hour reality show in bel air with only 18-19 energy, ask now so you can purchase enough clothes for the bonus star. Even if you don't have a lot of stars, you can grind during the weekend and purchase more clothes. 

Kimiversary is such a fun time in the game and on the forum. There are so many things to buy, and everyone has fun. Remember though that a lot of people on the forum have been playing for a long time. They have saved up for months now, and they already own the "useful items." They are going to be spending on items that they personally love, not necessarily items that you will wear often, or that will score well in sys. If you don't know what items are most useful to buy, just ask, there are a lot of people who will help you. 

Now this guide is based off last year, and the previous Kimiversaries as well. New things can be introduced, and old things can be taken away. In addition, Kimiversary is such a big event, so I tried my best to include everything, but if anyone else has other tips or advice they want added, let me know. No matter what, we are going to have a great Kimiversary, so save save save, and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone in less than two weeks!
    Re-updating Kimiversary guide for new players! (sorry but I can't remove double quoting, just tap to see it!)
    How do you do the reality show with only 18-19 energy?

• haikawahaikawa Registered Users, Member 730 Posts
    @aprilhaine u need the bonus star! doing 3hr reality shows at bel air with 4 guests and the bonus star only takes 18-19 energy (youll need the 2 energy action to finish but sometimes u need to click the 1 energy action to trigger its appearance)
    iOS Level 33  ❣ 
    Daily Free Player  ❄︎  Nov '19 - now 
    #UpdateWeekdayTBBoxes ⋆ #TSusingAverages ⋆ #All4ItemsinEventBoxes ⋆ #20VideosforEveryone
  • aprilhaineaprilhaine Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    haikawa said:
    @aprilhaine u need the bonus star! doing 3hr reality shows at bel air with 4 guests and the bonus star only takes 18-19 energy (youll need the 2 energy action to finish but sometimes u need to click the 1 energy action to trigger its appearance)
    But isn't that random? I rarely get a bonus star for Bel Air reality shows....
    haikawa said:
    But isn't that random? I rarely get a bonus star for Bel Air reality shows....
    You need that bonus golden star that you can earn by buying items marked with it.

• Natalie_kkhNatalie_kkh Registered Users, Member 125 Posts
    Is anyone else struggling to spend their kstars?! I just don’t know what to buy now, it was such hard work to save them I just don’t want to waste them hahaha so indecisive it’s a joke 🙈
  • ErikaKKHErikaKKH Registered Users, Member 219 Posts
    Is anyone else struggling to spend their kstars?! I just don’t know what to buy now, it was such hard work to save them I just don’t want to waste them hahaha so indecisive it’s a joke 🙈
    I wish, I spent everything in 10 minutes 😂😂😂
    iOS ✨ 
    english isn’t my first language 🇩🇪
    FB - Erika Aurora 💗

I spent them yesterday at 10pm because I had to plan everything and make a list 😂 

• clarizzoclarizzo Registered Users, Member 732 Posts
    I’ve been struggling too! I’ve already accepted the fact that I won’t get everything I want, but it’s so hard to decide what I should spend on. 😩 we’re literally the same person lol 
    ✨iOS doll since March 2020 ✨
    💓add me on Facebook: Clarissa Clair 
  • Natalie_kkhNatalie_kkh Registered Users, Member 125 Posts
    I have spent about a third of what I had saved. I made a list too @LydiaKKH, but can’t afford it all, and now can’t make up my mind what to go for 🙈🤣 I’m going to go have another look at my list and just pick things to buy! 😬 
  • Loveflower01Loveflower01 Registered Users 331 Posts

Time to start saving again 😂 I had an awesome time shopping!

i  even bought some businesses too.
    Danielle
    IOS
    I play on iPhone 8plus
    Happy Summer 🌻

if it helps to overcome the attachment to the stars i suggest spending slowly with clearly defined categories 😆 for me i rmb i first spent on my face-up, waited a few hours, then spent on the tb handhelds and korkovs. the next day (just now actually) i just bought the bottoms i want and tomorrow ill be buying some kloset handhelds and bags first, waiting and then buying any tb clothes i want! i find sectioning it out helps to ease the ~heartache~ of spending all my hard earned kstars LOL and a spreadsheet documenting all the purchases will help u not lose track!
    iOS Level 33  ❣ 
    #UpdateWeekdayTBBoxes ⋆ #TSusingAverages ⋆ #All4ItemsinEventBoxes ⋆ #20VideosforEveryone
  • eligureligur Registered Users, Member 906 Posts
    @haikawa ive been using the same tactics! just i totally forgot to write down everything i bought. 😁 but i have some pictures and i believe that’s all i got 🤔🤡
    @eligur me too LOL i just spent the past hour going through my kloset and my pics to note down and update my spreadsheet 😋 it looks really good listed out like that i love the sense of accomplishment!
    iOS Level 33  ❣ 
    edited June 2020
    You can think about savings for Black Friday - mostly how it should work, what rules we need to make and how often we should update! 💖 I wanted to talk about it after Sunday but since you're already there...  

• emmaissonemmaisson Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    I think I’m done shopping guys! 
    Here’s what I’ve bought 😍 (I think this is all, I couldn’t keep track 🙈)
    Eyebrows 
    Phone handheld (Kloset)
    2 x Kloset hair 
    Eyes that I’ll never use cuz I got the ones in this weekends GB right after I bought these.... 🙈
    TB ponytail 
    Red nail polish 
    The auburn hair colour 
    The long black and sparkly dress 
    Silver handheld 
    Yellow drink 
    Heart box 
    Pass port 
    This TB hair
    Glitter lips 
    Blue/green eye colour 
    The old nose highlight 
    Pineapple handheld 
    Light pink lipstick 
    Dark nude lipstick 
    The shorter, black, sparkly dress 
    The champagne flute 

I just wanted to say thank you again guys!! Without this thread I wouldn’t have been able to buy even half of all of these!! I managed to save up to almost 700 stars, I started out with just 7 (!!!) I also bought a star pack with 920 stars. I still have over 500 stars to go, and now I’m longing for VIP weekend so I can buy the blush and the highlight and spin some kollections finally 😍
  • SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts
    @LydiaKKH okay so my final total was probably about 2,000 k stars spent, you’re the best!  Most were Kloset items to maximize my money. 

haul:

6 dresses

9 shirts

4 pants

9 skirts

1 short

3 boots

3 flats

9 purses

4 jewelry

12 handhelds

2 auras

15 hairs

1 Eye color

1 lips

• sharonbp95sharonbp95 Registered Users, Member 248 Posts
    I didn’t join you guys for the kimiversary saving project but I definitely will for black friday. Although my first savings will go to the new contour😅 and then I’ll start saving for black friday
    iOS Player
    Add me https://www.facebook.com/sharon.kkh.7
    English isn't my first language
  • BeckyTXo1239BeckyTXo1239 Registered Users, Member 452 Posts
    edited June 2020
    I was such a good thing I joined this project otherwise I wouldn’t have any kstars for kimiversary again this year because I’ve been playing the game for over a year now and This is my second kimiversary.
    Anyways, I spend over 1200 kstars
    Here are the items I bought:
    1.hair,top,trousers 2.hair, dress 3.hair,top,skirt 4.hair,dress,shoes

1.handheld 2. Bra top (from the box), shorts (using diamonds) 3. Hair, dress, rose 4.hair, dress, handbag

I also bought two hair colours

I’m so happy with what i brought but I wanted to buy one more hairstyle but I didn’t have enough kstars.

Hope everyone got what they want and /or are happy with their items they bought 

Edit: I managed to save up to 130 kstars during the weekend and spent it all on more closet items that were on discount and now I have only 19 kstars left.
    1.hair,dress 2.skirt 3.skirt 4.dress

Device: iOS
    Currently at level 36

• Loveflower01Loveflower01 Registered Users 331 Posts
    Hehe I accidentally restarted my game again so I’m not even going to try and get the event items so I Impovised
    Danielle
    IOS
    I play on iPhone 8plus
    Happy Summer 🌻

Am I the only one who wants to save for the Halloween boxes first? I love Halloween, I need everything 😭😂
    iOS ✨ 
    FB - Erika Aurora 💗

omg major miscalculation it just occurred to me vip is in 2 weeks and i only have 100 kstars set aside for it rn..... 😫😫
    iOS Level 33  ❣ 
  • StevieCurryStevieCurry Registered Users, Member 759 Posts
    🛍💸 Kimiversary Haul 💸🛍

2000 Kstars later...

1. Eyes, nose, glitter lips, brows, hair color, top, skirt, handheld, sunglasses
    2. Outfit, handheld
    3. Hair, GS lips, lip color, coat, clutch, shoes (diamond purchase)

4. Top, pants
    5. Hair, coat, boots, handheld
    6. Hair, outfit, boots, handheld
    7. Top, shorts, sunglasses, shoes, handheld

8. Outfit, handheld
    9. Eyes, lip color, top, pants, bag
    10. Hair, top, handheld
    11. Top, choker, skirt+boots

12. Hair, top, skirt+boots, handheld
    13. Hair, top, handheld
    14. Dress

15. Dress, handheld
    16. Top, pants, handheld

ios • free player since november 2019 ❀
    ♡˚✧˳⁺⁎ ⁎₊✧༚♡
  • JenniferKKHollywoodJenniferKKHollywood Registered Users, Member 370 Posts
    @ErikaKKH omg yees, can’t wait for halloween 😍
    Does anyone have a pic of all the items in the halloween boxes from last year?
    iOS player 🌸
    English is not my first language so I apologize for my grammar 🙈
    Add me on facebook (let me know who you are on the forum if the names/picture don’t match)
    https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.lundqvist.792

@JenniferKKHollywood right!! I saw a video on YouTube, I can dm it to you ☺️
    iOS ✨ 
    FB - Erika Aurora 💗

• JenniferKKHollywoodJenniferKKHollywood Registered Users, Member 370 Posts
    @ErikaKKH yes that would be awesome! Thank you 🌸
    iOS player 🌸
    English is not my first language so I apologize for my grammar 🙈
    Add me on facebook (let me know who you are on the forum if the names/picture don’t match)
    https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.lundqvist.792