***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    If anyone is looking to expand their understanding of the history of racial inequality in the U.S. and how it is engrained into our systems, I highly recommend watching the documentary 13th on Netflix. It is truly so important to educate ourselves on the devastating effects of the systemic racism that exists in this country. It is time to hold ourselves accountable and take a stand, to fully commit to continuing to educate ourselves and those around us, dig deeper, and fight for what’s right — no matter what that looks like for you specifically. There are so many different ways to fight for change, and each and every one of them is valid. Sign petitions, speak up, ask questions, recognize your privilege and ask yourself how you can do better. Start with yourself and move from there. I acknowledge that I still have so much to learn, and that’s okay. Now more than ever, we need to be there for each other. Black lives matter.

“I understand that I will never understand. However, I stand.”
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    😭😭 yay just made me so entirely heard and safe 😭 I’m so happy to see this it’s been emotional draining for me and I haven’t been on much cause I have horrible headaches due to the stress. I appreciate u guys speak out it means alot
  • jessica296jessica296 Registered Users 113 Posts

Just a PSA: the owner of the store Dolls Kill praised police for shooting peaceful protestors outside her store. I know a lot of people like their stuff but please don’t support this store anymore.

SisSnappedLikeThanos deserves the world 💞
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the donation links @liltiffs, and for everyone else for posting about the protests. I really like how there's a way you can make a donation and it can be spread across all the bail funds that need it, so that's where I've donated. I can't believe how bad things are at the moment.

I also wanted to agree with @VampireBarbie post about recognising that racism is woven into all of our society and as a white person its challenging to confront your own place in that and basically your entire way of thinking but its essential to understanding (and the first step in dismantling) these systems of oppression and it's so worth it to be able to recognise it in yourself. I mean it's not like a one and done situation, it's something that needs to be worked on continuously. 

Also @therealChar hope you're doing okay :( this must be exhausting
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    How is everyone doing these days? 😊❤️
  • DelenaGovatoDelenaGovato Registered Users, Member 575 Posts
    @rikk good, kinda things are starting to changing for the better, we still have daily cases but not so many, at least now our mental health is good.
    What about you? ♥️
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Things are ok today @DelenaGovato! I’ve been so worried about finding a job, especially during these times when the economy is rough and competition is fierce, but I had a good interview last week! I see a lot more homeless people in my area these days, a lot more addiction and use on the street...I was a little down earlier so I did some yoga focused on the spine and I feel physically great today! I noticed this thread is dying down a little, but I hope everyone can come here and vent when they need to 😊
  • DelenaGovatoDelenaGovato Registered Users, Member 575 Posts
    @Rikk im happy that you are okay, i hope you find a job and i hope to be something you like and makes you happy.
    This is so sad...i really don't have any words about this, i hope these people take the help,love and care that they need and deserve, because we all deserve good
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @rikk I totally feel ya on finding a job. I’ve been job searching throughout the pandemic and it felt impossible. But finally I accepted a position last week & just started my new job! I hope you have the same luck soon 💖 I’ve been feeling unprepared to be working full time again after doing practically nothing for what feels like forever, and now I’m more worried about the virus since I’m out in public daily, especially since everything in my state is almost fully reopened despite consistent new case numbers daily 🤡
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    @Rikk hope you find a job you love very soon!
    In my country we're getting a significant number of daily cases since we haven't been on full lockdown and I, too, am job searching but there aren't a lot of offers plus it's kinda scary to go out for interviews. I can't wait for things to go back to normal or at least as normal as they can get.

Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    I found out that one of my work friend’s parent has died of coronavirus. I am so devastated for her. I started crying as soon as I heard about it. It is so hard that someone can be here one minute and gone the next, it happened really fast. Makes me scared for my own family.  

@mikaylachimo that’s exciting! Teaching right? Is it a particular grade? Sooo much respect for the teachers of the forum- I graduated with my degree in teaching and it is an insanely hard, thankless job! You guys are better than I am! 
  • kenikkhkenikkh Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    edited June 2020
    @jhabs I am so so sorry to hear that death is such a scary scary thing the fact that there is really no true closure rest in peace to your friends parent I hope you are doing okay 
  • lenaaa9874lenaaa9874 Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    I just read the first page and its crazy that other countries are just starting to close their schools and in the US they closed them months ago, but we’re still seeing cases rise and they think it’s a good idea we reopen. 🥴
    Today in the state I live in they announced that restaurants and bars can be opened back to 100% capacity even though there’s about an average of 160 new cases per day over the last week. I definitely won’t be eating in a restaurant anytime soon. I just don’t understand how people aren’t taking this seriously, like we all want things to back to normal but it won’t happen faster if we all get infected and keep spreading it. 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    Restaurants are opening up and I don’t know how yo socially interact anymore. 😂 my friends want to go for conveyer belt sushi. And I was like” in a mall? With people? With sushi that been going round and round with people touching them?” 
    IOS Player 
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @jhabs yes! But at a preschool so I’m not sure if this counts as a grade lol but I have my own classroom of one year olds 💞 I really love the younger ages, my degree is actually in early childhood education, and this is within walking distance of my new apartment so I feel so lucky!! Especially since getting a job in the education field is so unpredictable right now with the virus and schools closed, lots of jobs I was looking at were delaying the dates over and over or taking down job listings completely. Some of my recently hired teacher friends even got laid off.

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s parent, I can’t imagine going through that and I hope they feel supported through this time, and that you are doing alright as well. 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm still doing takeout if I'm in the mood for a restaurant. I don't trust to go back anytime soon, especially since locally there's been an uptick in cases because of course that was going to happen 🙃🙃 There's been at least two people at work I know of who have tested positive. One resulted in sending about 15 other staff home for possible exposure and the other I found out they tested positive and came to work anyway. Fun! 

I think a lot of stores aren't enforcing masks because of the absolute meltdowns of some people. Like people are actually boycotting stores around here because they have to wear a mask. I try to wrap my head around the logic and I just can't empathize or understand 
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    @soundspretty wtf at getting sick and coming to work anyway, what is wrong with them??

My country pretty much eliminated it but it turns out border quarantine procedures haven't been very good in some cases so we might have let some people in who have it? I guess we just wait and see now
  • SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    Not sure if this is the right place to post it but, I need some advice/opinions. if anyone has ever been on Anti depressants, what was your experience like? I know it’s pretty personal so you can pm if you’d like. It’s ok if nobody knows lol, I know its an awkward question. Just wondering bc yea it’s been recommended to me. But idk 
    IOS doll 💞

• MistyqueMistyque Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    @Sweetstephy Hey! I took them for 3 months recently. I had some side effects for a month and then they just didn't work at all (but I needed to go to the doc as well to up my dosage). I started therapy instead and it's been so effective, I genuinely recommend this (obv I don't know how severe your situation is but mine was pretty bad). If you need more details pm me
    ****𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓖𝓛𝓤 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓷/𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮. 𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻💋****
    ⭐𝒹𝒶𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝓁𝑜𝑔𝒾𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈⭐💎𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎💎
    @Mistyque Ty for reaching out hun 🥺💜it means more than you realize. I sent you a pm 💖
    IOS doll 💞

• VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @Sweetstephy I have been on multiple types of SSRIs since my teenage years (I’m 24 now), and I’m more than happy to discuss if you want to send me a pm! In my experience, some worked better than others and it truly is a trial and error type of thing because everyone is different. It can be kind of frustrating because it takes weeks (sometimes months) for the medication to fully take effect but they can really be super helpful depending on your situation. In the past, a combination of medication and therapy has been the most effective for me. I have clinical OCD and anxiety; currently I am managing it without medication, but I can definitely say that the medication has helped me get to where I am now as far as working through my anxiety and getting through some difficult years in the past. I do know that whether or not to go on medication is a very personal decision and there are a lot of options for treatment, and if you ever want to talk about it feel free to message me. 💛
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
    Lisylis said:
    @soundspretty wtf at getting sick and coming to work anyway, what is wrong with them??

My country pretty much eliminated it but it turns out border quarantine procedures haven't been very good in some cases so we might have let some people in who have it? I guess we just wait and see now

I think the biggest problem is that my workplace is making people to use their PTO/earned days off, even the ones who are forced to quarantine for 2 weeks due to possible exposure. A lot of people don't save up their time off so if they don't have enough PTO to cover, they are unpaid for those days. We offer FMLA if someone is out sick for more than 3 days but we can't offer it if someone has to quaratine? Doesn't make sense. 

Also, during flu season we have people who straight up will come to work sick. It's always been a problem. Entire departments have been taken out by the flu before so I don't know why people think someone sick with Covid is going to be any different. It's just been so poorly handled since the beginning. 
    @VampireBarbie Ty for sharing your experience with me sweetheart 💖. It really helps ☺️💖 , sending u a pm 💛
    IOS doll 💞

• snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    @Sweetstephy I've been on citalopram twice and fluoxetine once, it took 6 weeks for both to start working on me and I was a little nauseous and quite anxious for the first two days but it settled after that. I was on citalopram for about 4 months the first time I tried it, then I came off it as it didn't feel like it was working (apparently I didn't leave it long enough, my psychiatrist told me it takes about six months to actually work enough to come off of it). I tried again just short of a year later and although I didn't feel so depressed any more, I felt way more numb and I felt as though I'd rather be depressed than on citalopram any more (which sounds stupid as I felt so numb when I was depressed but it was in a different way). So I came off that, then a while later was prescribed fluoxetine and stayed on it for about a year and that definitely worked a lot better for me!
    I still go through some pretty grim and intense depressive periods and I do still struggle now but I'm off both (I wouldn't hesitate to go back on fluox if I needed it though). I've got a lot of friends who have tried them along with different SSRIs and we've all had different experiences, it can really differ for different people unfortunately but feel free to dm me if you have any questions!

Hope you're doing okay b, struggling with depression is hard enough as it is but it's so great you're considering giving antidepressants a go, it takes a lot of strength and bravery to realise that they might be the best choice for helping you get through this. If you ever need someone to talk to, even if it's just a distraction please do drop me a message!
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
    @snakiekkh Thank you for responding 🥺 n sharing a little piece of your experience of anti depressants with me❤️. Reading everyone’s experience has definitely eased the anxiety I had built up. Because I couldn’t find anything online to see people’s reviews so I’m definitely glad I asked here and that some of you were open enough to share with me. I was so scared to get onto anti depressants bc I never thought I’d need them to feel okay 😞. But it’s been feeling like rly impossible lately 😥 so yea I think it’s time to give it a try... I have my appointment very soon so I’m super nervous but also kinda wanna go already to shut my anxiety up lol😓. Hopefully it goes well 😥so wish me luck babe! and ty for your support, you dolls are so sweet it makes me wanna cry. I honestly felt alone.. but I’m glad I posted this and you girls responded back 🥺 💖
    I wish you the best hon, take care ☺️
    IOS doll 💞

• snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    @Sweetstephy no problem at all gal! It's a horrible feeling facing this alone and not having people you can talk to about it, I got lucky to have friends who had tried them and were able to talk to me about their experiences but I still felt so alone and isolated. You are SO brave for deciding it's worth looking into giving them a go, best of luck to you babe and I hope the appointment goes well!! 💖
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
    edited June 2020
  • BeckyTXo1239BeckyTXo1239 Registered Users, Member 452 Posts
    I must say, lockdown has been one of the most weirdest experiences in my life. First of all, the government in the uk is now planning on easing lockdown which im scared of mainly because one I shaved my hair bold two month ago ( you can say that was an impulsive decision i made midst pandemic) and I’m not  looking forward to go back to school, although the government asked students who are in yr10  ( freshman year) and yr 12 ( junior high) to go back to school, only a certain amount of people are going back. I haven’t been doing any of the work sent my school for the past weeks because I’m literally struggling to balance school work with  my home life.
    Secondly, I just want to say well done to everyone who managed to cope during lockdown, especially those who lives with several people/ have several siblings living in their family for example me. I have 4 siblings and there are 6 people living with me at my home. During lockdown, my parents had to spend approximately £100+ on food to sustain our large family for at least 3 to 4 weeks, luckily for my family, we were receiving countless voucher to spend on certain food stores. Not only that my family had to experience several arguments, countless screaming and shouting and even emotional breakdowns because of lockdown. Don’t worry, my family is slowly managing to cope with all of these and managed to stop some before things got out of hand.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that I’ve gotten so used to this new “lifestyle” that going back to normal would probably have a bad impact on my mental health and might result in me have some form of social anxiety since I've hardly texted my friends, I lost contact with some of them because i just wanted to be alone and don’t want  have to deal with their nonsense and pointless online arguments and dramas over things that happened during school that could have been solved when we were still at school. 
    Anyways, hope everyone is doing well during lockdown. And please stay safe, stay at home if necessary, wear those face masks properly and follow any social distancing guidelines made by your law makers/ government.
    Device: iOS
    Currently at level 36

• AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    Hi guys! I hope UK and US players are doing well still in lockdown, as well as any other country in lockdown!

Here in France lockdown has been lifted since mid-May and apparently we haven't had any outbreak or spike in number of sick people. People quickly returned to their habits of mass consumption, everytime I go out for groceries there is so much people with so much stuff to buy! But I guess it changed things a bit as we had the second part of the mayors' election and a lot of big cities were won by environmentalists, it must mean that people want greener cities and a greener planet!

Regarding masks wearing, I've found the solution to make my family wear them: I make them choose what fabric they want, this way they don't feel embarrassed 😁 it still doesn't work with my father who's being a huge pr*ck about this, he believes masks are part of a conspiracy...

I promised you guys pictures of what made during lockdown, I'm gonna try to take some before I go back to my apartment next week!
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
    edited June 2020
    The mask meltdowns are the worst. They just announced a statewide mandate here and I'm having to avoid conversations about it because people are acting like you just asked them to kill a puppy. I would be surprised if we're not headed for another lockdown.