When are male players going to get updates ?

LoganCollinLoganCollin Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
Hey...I just want to ask when guys will get the same treatment as the female players and get new Kollections and Trendsetters during sys and new clothing with each update as the girls do , I personally use my money in the game and I feel like why are we being discriminated against  or to put it nicely neglected ? Why is the game for guys not keeping up with the fashion trends as it is for girls? Why did Glu just stop doing things for guys without an explanation ? If you feel the same way
Go sign this petition   https://www.change.org/kkhmaleupdates
Prev1

Comments

• malakk15malakk15 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    They not only ignore us (male dolls players) in the game but they also choose to ignore our existence in the forum :)  I'm not surprised AT ALL but no damn way I'm gonna let them normalise this type of behavior :/
  • princesspreciousprincessprecious Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Probably never 😩
  • LoganCollinLoganCollin Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    @malakk15 they are truly ignoring our existence  it's sad and it's downright  wrong!!!! @KalindaKing Can you address this as you  work with the team that designs this game , Why is the game neglecting male players?we also deserve the same equal treatment
    @princessprecious hopefully this petition that was started means something to them 
  • KensKens Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Honestly considering there is a lot of male players that play and sometimes spend actual money (based on the fact that sys are actually a challenge to get 1st place) you’d expect that they would at least release the handhelds and hair colors as those seem easy to remodel to fit males. It’s kinda unmotivating to even play the game at this point. Hopefully they eventually give males the attention as it does seem as a problem/issues that a lot of players (some who aren’t even on the forum) have.
  • Satansaintstar10Satansaintstar10 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I signed it today. However, considering how Glu acts...well I think we all know. 
    edited July 2020
    @KalindaKing @kokokokonut @GluAdmin I hope you are reading this there is a whole petition behind this signed by 150 if not more people  by now do the right thing and end this discrimination against the males. WE WANT AN UPDATE TOO!!
    @Kens we spend money too on tickets we deserve Trendsetters!!!
  • SebastianKKHSebastianKKH Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    They're losing out as well by ignoring males - guys are less likely to pay real $$$ if there's nothing to spend it on and if all our prizes are K-stars, why would be spend real money on any?
  • johnn92johnn92 Registered Users, Member 83 Posts
    @LoganCollin LOUDER SO THEY CAN HEAR US!!!!
  • Gizmo94Gizmo94 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Glu, can you please start catering for male players again? I play as both a female, and a male
    doll and I have many friends who play as a male doll.

The problem with playing as a male doll is that you have just seemed to stop releasing new content for us. I understand that the game is primarily for females, but the whole point of this game is to customise your doll. But how can you do that when you have not released new content for males for ages? Females get tons of stuff weekly, whereas guys are struggling now. Once you’ve got everything, then it’s very boring playing the game, because you’ve got nothing to play for. It’s a shame when you’ve been playing as a male for a long time, spending lots of money, and now there’s nothing else to look forward to.

The male community may not be as big as it is for females, but we do exist. I think I speak for many when I say, we want male SYS again, and not just stars as rewards, but clothing and handhelds. Maybe even a new currency exclusive for male dolls, because diamonds for male dolls is extremely limited. It isn’t too difficult to create some clothing, hairs, handhelds. Also, makes forever look the same… why can’t we have makeup that makes our dolls look more sharp, defined jawlines, cheekbones, some contour that real life celebs would use? Make us look like a proper male model. Females look amazing with all the new makeup, yet males still look how they always have. 

Plus, with more styling options available, I’m sure many girls would love this to make customise their partners, and husbands. So please Glu, can you please think about making new content for male players again, and include us. It just feels like we have been completely ignored lately. 

Thank you.
  • MoonLanceMoonLance Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Hey everyone! This is my first time posting in the KKH forums. I'm Moon (they/them)! It's nice to meet you!

I guess I am mostly creating this space to discuss some frustration. I have really been enjoying submitting outfits to Show Your Style events, and I even paid for the Seasons pass last month to have access to all the rewards.

But the fact of the matter is, I can't wear any of them. Not a single one. 

Although it's kind of the game to allow you to choose your pronouns, it does not open up access to "female" items or accessories, even ones that don't seem particularly gendered, like falling autumn leaves.

Male & male-presenting avatars have no wardrobe rewards from Seasons, period. Not even if we pay. And the suggested looks you get to see before each Show Your Style event are also unobtainable for us.

Nonetheless, masculine avatars don't compete with only each other in Show Your Style. We have to compete with feminine avatars who have access to far more accessories and wardrobe options. I have been bounced back and forth from Gold to Silver because of this. Winning with a masculine avatar feels impossible.

Do we know if there is any planned solution for this? An alt female avatar from my friendlist is what gets displayed in the preview for these items, but I cannot enter any contest with her, because she is not me. (To add insult to injury? It's Willow Pape. LOL!)

Will male/male-presenting players be given a female avatar to use? Will male clothing and makeup be part of future rewards? Or are we just expected to not participate in events, even when we've paid for the pass?

The clothing competitions are very fun for me! I just want to be able to actually compete.
       Yes, I mean even without newly released clothings like the girls, boy dolls do have nice, decent items from the previous events, but with the situation now (no weekend events, no throwback events, all prizes we win are female items) THE ONLY WAY to get my doll wearable things is using tons of diamonds 😕 
       What's the point of winning all that beautiful female clothings if we can only use it once in the blue moon 😩?       

• LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    I think they have abandoned the male aspect of the game. It seems to me they don't want the extra work of designing new male items when the female items probably gross more money, so that is what they focus on now. 

Glu should at least give male dolls the option to either earn and wear both gender items or  earn only tb boxes containing male items. Giving male dolls a bunch of female items they can't use make absolutely no sense.  Instead of the clothing items males should just get a tb box and the handhelds and auras and non gender items should be available for everyone.
    LAdoll24 said:
    I think they have abandoned the male aspect of the game. It seems to me they don't want the extra work of designing new male items when the female items probably gross more money, so that is what they focus on now. 

Glu should at least give male dolls the option to either earn and wear both gender items or  earn only tb boxes containing male items. Giving male dolls a bunch of female items they can't use make absolutely no sense.  Instead of the clothing items males should just get a tb box and the handhelds and auras and non gender items should be available for everyone.
    I agree 1000% my dear.

It's not that I am necessarily requesting new masculine-style items that would double the workload (though it would be nice...) but I'd be content if the feminine-style items were accessible. I think, like you said, the auras and handheld items should at the very least be available across the board. 

And would it be such a stretch for male dolls to be able to access makeup, especially the new eye styles through the paid Seasons pass? Men wearing makeup is so en vogue on YouTube, so why not in a massively successful and popular fashion game like this?
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    Yeah I totally agree with you. It makes no sense to have the option to play as a male but only earn female items that you can't even use. 

It might have been earlier but when they started the sys tiers it seemed like all these extra female designs were made and the males just got left behind. 

When duets came out it made some sense but now they barely have duets anymore.

If I played as a male, especially a paying one, I would be requesting new designs. It is the least they could do now with the elimination of any opportunity to earn male clothes and adding a paywall to previously earnable items. 

I hope they work on letting males wear makeup and other accessories if they choose. The fact they have Miss Managed makes me hopeful that will happen, I am just not sure what is taking them so long. 

When the newsletter came out male dolls were able to get the free purse and use it so obviously there is a way to make it happen for both genders to use the same item.

Some of the things glu does really baffles me it makes no sense and they would certainly make more money if they listened to their player base.
    My thoughts exactly! Glu's already got theirs hands full with creating new items for the girls in kollections, kloset, fashion goals, trendsetters, seasons,..that's a lot work so them releasing new male clothings too is relatively impossible. I do wish for it but I don't demand that much from Glu..

But all the handhelds, auras that the girls have now are things we male dolls can use too and they are already in the game! I remembered that one time Kalinda gave the girls a Heather doll handheld, still wondering why male dolls didn't get it 🙄 
    malakk15 said:
    My thoughts exactly! Glu's already got theirs hands full with creating new items for the girls in kollections, kloset, fashion goals, trendsetters, seasons,..that's a lot work so them releasing new male clothings too is relatively impossible. I do wish for it but I don't demand that much from Glu..

But all the handhelds, auras that the girls have now are things we male dolls can use too and they are already in the game! I remembered that one time Kalinda gave the girls a Heather doll handheld, still wondering why male dolls didn't get it 🙄 
    Oh that's so discouraging to hear about the Heather doll... I'm relatively new so I didn't know about that, but I'm not surprised. 😬 We simply aren't considered as a viable audience worth the effort I suppose, but I hope that might change with the understanding that nonbinary and gay people who like the feminine items would also like them for their masculine avatars!

Haha, that reminded me, I saw that female dolls can buy a Willow Pape voodoo doll, and I just want to know where our Dirk one is! 😂
  • konradkkhkonradkkh Registered Users, Member 563 Posts
    edited November 2022
    Hey Moon! I’m really sorry for all male dolls in kkh…literally. You should have the opportunity to get new items like we do. I hope the problem about Seasons will be fixed someday  or at least they should give you throwback boxes. 
    konradkkh said:
    Hey Moon! I’m really sorry for all male dolls in kkh…literally. You should have the opportunity to get new items like we do. I hope the problem about Seasons will be fixed someday  or at least they should give you throwback boxes. 
    I appreciate that, darling! I wonder if we raise enough of a fuss about it that Glu may consider doing something about it. Because female dolls are the majority, having your voices in the mix helps a lot. ❤

I don't believe the company is solely money-driven, and they do want to give the community what they want. But they've been able to cut corners on male doll items because, maybe, they think nobody cares. Or the people impacted are too few and far between.

That being said, men and nonbinary folks not benefitting from the Seasons pass or being able to competitively participate in the Show Your Style events must not be hurting their pockets, or they would've been included in the first place. 😔
  • ashpikachuashpikachu Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    @kokokokonut @eggsandbananas give us male content 
    edited November 2022
    This post has not aged well, now we don't even have weekend events/free clothes/kstars 🥴 
  • ashpikachuashpikachu Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    @kokokokonut @eggsandbananas look at this please 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Please use this thread for your comments regarding male games not getting updated wardrobes.  I merged the 3 recent threads together.  You can continue to post about it, but tagging us about this is fruitless, unless you want my candystriper form of commiseration.  I do feel for the male dolls, but I don’t see Glu reversing position on this. 
    :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LucyxoxLucyxox Registered Users, Member 449 Posts
    Please be reminded Koko doesn’t even work for glu and helps moderate the forum and solve queries for us - she isn’t a target for frustrations with the company’s decisions 💕
  • DivinityKKHDivinityKKH Registered Users, Member 253 Posts
    My comments being deleted for having an opinion is really annoying. She may not work for Glu but she was made a moderator for a reason. She must have some way of communicating with them. It feels to me they don’t like putting queries forward because they’re afraid of what will be said. Even if she doesn’t work for the company. It’s still HIGHLY rude to say its “fruitless” putting our concerns forward! They’re more likely to listen to their moderators than their regular users. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Thanks.  I understand the frustration, and @divinitykkh I moved your comments for review . I also wrote privately,  your posts were problematic.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks.  I understand the frustration, and @divinitykkh I moved your comments for review . I also wrote privately,  your posts were problematic.
    I do not believe I was being problematic at all. All you had to say was there was nothing you could do personally. It’s the comment calling people out & it just felt incredibly rude to call them fruitless over a question. What’s the point in having these forums and “moderators” if we haven’t been listened to for years anyway? 
  • LucyxoxLucyxox Registered Users, Member 449 Posts
    I don’t think anyone was called out it just makes sense to keep the conversation in one thread - we all sympathise with lack of inclusion for male dolls but if Koko could get glu to do anything she wanted to the game with a snap of her fingers I think things would be very different lololol glu employees read the boards anyway but please don’t put everything on Koko she does a lot for us as it is 💕
    Lucyxox said:
    I don’t think anyone was called out it just makes sense to keep the conversation in one thread - we all sympathise with lack of inclusion for male dolls but if Koko could get glu to do anything she wanted to the game with a snap of her fingers I think things would be very different lololol glu employees read the boards anyway but please don’t put everything on Koko she does a lot for us as it is 💕
    I do apologise if it feels that way. My concerns are not at her. Of course not. It’s just very frustrating to find out that Glu do read these forums but when have they actually listened to the players? The only thing they’ve actually done for us is allow us to date Cassio. And even that took years. Koko is obviously helpful and does a lot for the community. I guess it’s just very annoying when none of us are heard. Koko does an amazing job I just wish Glu would do the same…