🗳️🌇 SYS - 7/30/20 - Sunset Superstar!🌇🥣er⭐

Comments

• helcabuhelcabu Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Finished 2nd, behind 1 TB in my group - so I’m happy. I liked the dress but I’m saving my tickets from Simon just in case there is something more amazing...

iOs player 
  • samantha143samantha143 Registered Users, Member 555 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I came third this week and I’m always happy to end in top 5 but this week I missed a ticket and it looks like I could have won if I could’ve submitted it! 

But still loving my butterfly crown either way and now I finally have 5 opal dyes so I can use them on a dress 😂

It’s a beautiful day to save lives 💞
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    9-14

I went to bed and I was in 1st but I knew it wouldn't last, there was a TB that kept submitting looks everytime I did. She only got me by 2 points, wish it was atleast a tie. I totally would have used one of my free tickets but SYS ends at 3am here lol. I don't even care that she bought tickets, what sucks most is she wore most looks all black clothing. Oh well, I didn't get lucky for the dress but the crown is very pretty!

- Emmy
  • LibbyLibby Registered Users, Member 412 Posts
    It’s a princess from a fairytale 👸 🧚‍♂️ 

I had to submit one of Simon’s tickets to pass another TB. 
  • GonzBradshawGonzBradshaw Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Only had 1 TB this week. Thank god because I REALLY wanted the butterflies 

• HJLeonieHJLeonie Registered Users, Member 180 Posts
    So happy to have finished this SYS (just! I had 579 votes), especially after my awful start. Really happy I scored 52 on one look as I rarely get over 50!
    Gutted to have come in 7th place though, especially as I’d been top 5 most of the weekend. I recon some of the dolls used their extra tickets from last week so fair play to them. I still wish I got the butterfly crown tho :(

Congrats to all the dolls who got top 5, you all look stunning!
  • emmaissonemmaisson Registered Users, Member 834 Posts

Yay! Got 3rd, and I’m so happy I got the diadem 😍 
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Like I understand ticket buying is a big part of the game and what keeps it alive, and I have no issues buying them if I really want something. I mean the only time I won without it was when literally the first place prize was undesirable 😂 most mobile games winning events is very pay 2 win, I play this other game where first place literally ends up costing hundreds of dollars, so this is very tame in comparison. 

However, I had the worst weekend event. I had to submit 6!!!! Tickets to even be in top 5. I always buy triple threat so I had a decent stash, but damn. I really wanted the butterfly crown so I was gonna get it, but I just wish there was a cap on points at least. Like even 1500 which is a ridiculous amount, but at least you have a guaranteed prize. There were so many people at over 1000 points and some ended up with nothing which in the end I don’t feel is a very good business model. If you pay and still get nothing out of it, why would you pay again? 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • clarizzoclarizzo Registered Users, Member 732 Posts
    i was bumped down from 2nd to 3rd due to a sniper TB (goodbye, opal dyes 😭), but i’m just happy i got the crown! 

✨iOS doll since March 2020 ✨
    💓add me on Facebook: Clarissa Clair 
  • SaigeAnneSaigeAnne Registered Users, Member 449 Posts
    @LaraDeen absolutely not!
    We just hate ticket buyers who show up wearing the clothes you practically get for free, or ticket buyers who just put on the first thing in their closet. If you follow the theme and buy tickets, it’s completely okay! After all, the ticket buying feature is there. It’s YOUR money, but it’s just frustrating when ticket buyers wear horrible outfits. As far as I can tell, you’re buying good clothes, along with tickets, which means you’re putting effort into your looks, following the theme, and being stunning! Your the GOOD kind of ticket buyer! Welcome to the forum by the way! 🥰
  • LaraDeenLaraDeen Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    First of all thank you guys for replying me and voicing out your opinion or concern about TS system and buying tickets. I really appreciate it. 
    I talked about this not because I want more drama I just want to know what it feels like to be in your position as a free player and long time player (something that I couldn’t get the gist of it before)
    I summarized: 
    1. Some of you guys have no problem with ticket buyers but it’s just very annoying when they steal the the rank at the last minute.
    2. The other group completely against it because you should win based on your looks not because you can afford to buy tickets.
    I will try to play it fair next time even tho I guess I never in the same group with you guys, but if I do let me know then I will tone down my ticket purchases, my name on the game is the same as my forum id.
    As for me I’ll be honest with you, I’ll probably still buying tickets in the future. Because I know (this is the hard truth for me too lol) I couldn’t win if I’m not submitting extra tickets and probably never will. Like I said before I don’t have many beautiful dresses like you guys have from the past events, my dress just basic from the closet and some from Kollection. I want to win all the dresses so I have beautiful dresses in my closet (in order to win the SYS)
    I know I should be more patient and just playing from time to time to get into your level eventually but I guess I’m a person who wants to just get done with it quickly. I’m still in the phase of overly excited about anything this game has to offered. If they offer me something new I immediately buy lol, like you know the first few months you date someone new. I will get over that phase soon I hope, and after that I will get to feel like you as a long time player and maybe start complaining about ticket buyers too lol. So overall for now, please welcome me as a new member, I will always being honest to you as a ticket buyer and if you happen to be in my group please notify me so I won’t buy extra tickets and we can play fairly and enjoy the contest.
  • ViennaKKHViennaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,388 Posts
    @LaraDeen welcome to the forum ! 😊
    You really don’t have to excuse yourself, but it’s nice of you to clarify things at the beginning 😊
    I think a few of us on here also buy some tickets, not excessive, especially the triple thread, but still... it’s no crime in my opinion... 🤷‍♀️
  • datesaremyfavedatesaremyfave Registered Users, Member 358 Posts
    @LaraDeen if you like an item and you need to buy tickets don’t let anyone tell you no! Like honestly if I didn’t still have 20 stars a day I’d make ticket purchases in the game and totally be a ticket sniper in the last few minutes🙈 Like even if you’re with a forum doll, they have the same access to purchase tickets as you do so you shouldn’t have to limit yourself. 
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Are they going to fix the earnable ponytail? Anyone know? 
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    @Katinkae kalinda said she notified the team, so I’m assuming yes!
  • sherrywinesherrywine Registered Users, Member 177 Posts
    in love!!!

• thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    To those saying that the game would survive without ticket buyers - yeah, it would survive, but would it thrive? Tickets are a major source of $$$ for this game. Watch them getting rid of the Triple Threat and watch the revenue drop. I get that the SYS system is flawed, but when people act like the game will be just fine without a huge chunk of an income is naive. No game is a charity (especially when they have a contract they need to renew). 
  • sherrywinesherrywine Registered Users, Member 177 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I like the option to buy tickets and I will not stop buying it. Sorry. Like some people said, the game isn't charity and almost all the games (mobile or not) has some purchases going on. It's how life works. People need money. If you work in this industry, you will understand.
  • kikikhaddskikikhadds Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    @LaraDeen my story is similar to yours 💗 I buy tickets. I can’t be ashamed of it because I still play fairly. I first downloaded the game in 2014 and played in super infrequent stints on and off months at a time lol. Because of this pandemic and being forced to WFH I have way more time lmao so I started playing again and I had the same feeling too of needing to “catch up”. I realized how much I missed out on the game from clothing/handhelds/makeup even understanding what SYS Events even were. If I like the prizes I’ve already made up my mind if I’m using tickets or not.. plus purchased tickets roll over to the next SYS, so it’s not like every week you have  to spend money if you’re putting out good looks. And I stay on theme lol. The biggest thing with this game is being fair and considerate of everyone playing because there are millions of people that play this game all over this world. And there would be no game if no one spent money that’s a fact. I’ll submit a couple extras if I really want the prizes but I’m not going on a 2000+ point run or almost to the 2nd earnable within the first 12 hours. I also believe in keeping ties. If me and another doll are tied I won’t submit a ticket because both of us winning a prize is better than just one? There are definitely some rude TB’s but it shouldn’t ruin the act of buying tickets regardless. I think it’s time Glu extends the “winner window” if they keep up SYS. Its not fair out of 30 dolls only 5 win actual items anyway. At least the top ten should get one item, stars, dye and cash. 

✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi and Welcome @kikikhadds

I really think the success of the triple threat, and more people at home helped seal the deal for another 3 1/2 years.  Kim is going in another direction with prison reform, and law school.   It could have been a very different story If players weren’t buying tickets.  No one should ever be made to feel badly about supporting the game.  
    No one should be made to feel badly here at all.  <3

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    edited August 2020
    what i think the biggest problem with ticket buyers on the forum is the fact that they always seem to lie about it and pretend they aren’t submitting 12 extra looks. the forum does come off as ticket buyer haters, so i see the reason why some would hide it, but i think that just makes us hate ticket buyers even more. i have definitely been a ticket buyer myself, but ive also been vocal about it. and while i definitely think taking a spot from a deserving doll is rude/mean etc. the fact that we have the option to submit extra looks makes it fair. if i am in love with the prizes and i have the money or the extra tickets to beat a free player in first place im gonna do it. now, i never have a free player in first place and ive only fought for first like twice so ive never done this, but at the end of the day we don’t owe each other anything. 
  • kikikhaddskikikhadds Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Thanks @kokokokonut 💗 
    The forum is what really taught me about SYS and prepared me for the last Kimversary, the first one I actually participated in because I knew what was going on lol. No one should be shamed period for spending their own money on anything that they enjoy.
    @samanthakkh When speaking in terms of fairness I think it’s just more specific to every situation. Maybe integrity is the better word? If someone wants to submit 12 tickets they can, why I emphasized being on theme. It’s not right for someone to submit 12 looks in the cheap Kloset jeans and Tshirt that’s supposed to be beach themed and beat dolls who are actually on theme. Even if you have a basic closet, submit a swimsuit or crop top.... but be on theme lol. But a doll who can jump the board and all her looks are gorgeous? She can have it all because that’s a girl who clearly knows what she wants. 🤷🏾‍♀️ 
              ✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    LaraDeen said:
    First of all thank you guys for replying me and voicing out your opinion or concern about TS system and buying tickets. I really appreciate it. 
    I talked about this not because I want more drama I just want to know what it feels like to be in your position as a free player and long time player (something that I couldn’t get the gist of it before)
    I summarized: 
    1. Some of you guys have no problem with ticket buyers but it’s just very annoying when they steal the the rank at the last minute.
    2. The other group completely against it because you should win based on your looks not because you can afford to buy tickets.
    I will try to play it fair next time even tho I guess I never in the same group with you guys, but if I do let me know then I will tone down my ticket purchases, my name on the game is the same as my forum id.
    As for me I’ll be honest with you, I’ll probably still buying tickets in the future. Because I know (this is the hard truth for me too lol) I couldn’t win if I’m not submitting extra tickets and probably never will. Like I said before I don’t have many beautiful dresses like you guys have from the past events, my dress just basic from the closet and some from Kollection. I want to win all the dresses so I have beautiful dresses in my closet (in order to win the SYS)
    I know I should be more patient and just playing from time to time to get into your level eventually but I guess I’m a person who wants to just get done with it quickly. I’m still in the phase of overly excited about anything this game has to offered. If they offer me something new I immediately buy lol, like you know the first few months you date someone new. I will get over that phase soon I hope, and after that I will get to feel like you as a long time player and maybe start complaining about ticket buyers too lol. So overall for now, please welcome me as a new member, I will always being honest to you as a ticket buyer and if you happen to be in my group please notify me so I won’t buy extra tickets and we can play fairly and enjoy the contest.
    This is so nice @laradeen 😊 I like your vibe. Wishing you the best of luck in the next SYS! 
  • Msjagger68Msjagger68 Registered Users 289 Posts
    No one is being naive! This game was incredibly successful and lucrative for Mrs. Kardashian West and GLU well before this system was put into place! I’m not buying it (literally)!  Give me a break. No one is making anyone feel bad for buying tickets. And no one is “bitter” about ticket buyers. I feel as if I’m being “subtweeted” for my voicing my opinion as a long term player. Oh and charity? Who said that this game was charity? People need to stop reaching. This game is allowed to make money but not at the expense of exploiting its players. If anything, it’s the long term players who are keeping this game alive and relevant. Btw, I’m not “naive” nor am I looking for “charity!” 🙄🙄🙄
    ✊🏾NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!✊🏾
    BANS OFF OUR BODIES!!! 👏🏾👏🏾
    🇵🇸 🇵🇸 🇵🇸
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.