Black Girl Magic Group Photo

SimplyKySimplyKy Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
edited August 2020 in KKH General Discussion

Hi Dolls, 

I have come up with an idea to positively promote Black Girl Magic and celebrate the beauty of the KKH Dolls we’ve created. I thought it would be great to create a group picture of all WOC dolls on the forum and showcase the beauty and individual magic each of our dolls possess. 

By no means am I trying to exclude or offend to anybody. This is all love and positivity. 

Let’s have a discussion about suggested themes, clothing or how we can go about making this happen. 

Disclaimer: I have no idea how to edit photos but I’m willing to learn to make this happen. 

Prev13

Comments

• SimplyKySimplyKy Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    I’m so happy everybody loves the idea I just can’t wait to hear everyone’s ideas and see our gorgeous looks

• BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    This idea is absolutely wonderful and beautiful! My youngest daughter, 10, plays too (she's biracial), but she isn't on the forum since I won't allow her to be. I hope y'all continue this as a tradition for when I finally do let her join one day.
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Doll I love this idea. I'm all for the black girl melanin magic. But, next time can you pls refer the correct term to us black dolls as women of color (WOC) dolls and not "colored" dolls? Sounds a bit offensive and insensitive though.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Doll I love this idea. I'm all for the black girl melanin magic. But, next time can you pls refer the correct term to us black dolls as women of color (WOC) dolls and not "colored" dolls? Sounds a bit offensive and insensitive though.
    This is no shade and no ill intent in my post I’m about to write. I think the “correct” term subjective and it will vary amongst black people/poc. She is not from the USA so coloured may not be offensive to her. It reminds me of the topic of black vs african american. I prefer to be called black, some people prefer to be called african american. I don’t think she meant it in a harmful way. I just think people may speak differently globally <3
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠
    Some themes I have are: 
    90s style (like think baps)
    Pretty in pink (might as well use all the pink dyes we have lol)
    Island vibesss (tropical, wild thoughts type aesthetic)
    disney princesses remixed (idk how I feel about this I just immediately thought of Brandi’s Cinderella movie lol)
    ebony gala (pre covid we would have West Indian galas here where everybody dresses up. Idk if everyone is West Indian so I figured ebony would be more fitting?)

@xoxolovekay girl she should know better than that. I find that excuse to be pretty unacceptable. What black person in the right mind would actually refer to themselves as a colored person? What does being from a different country has to do with not knowing about the history of racism that their enslaved ancestors had to endure!? 🤔 
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

edited August 2020
     Carol Davida said:
    @xoxolovekay girl she should know better than that. I find that excuse to be pretty unacceptable. What black person in the right mind would actually refer to themselves as a colored person? What does being from a different country has to do with not knowing about the history of racism that their enslaved ancestors had to endure!? 🤔 
    I don’t want to draw focus away from the main concept of the group photo so I’m just going to say this, if she is black/ a poc I don’t care what she wants to call herself. I respect whatever she wants to refer to herself as just like I respect your wish to be referred to as a woc. But what I’m not going to do is force someone to do something when it is subjective and what I’m not going to do is go back and fourth on a topic that is bigger than a game forum when I’m sure we both are trying to handle race issues in real life outside of this forum where it matters the most. So I’m going to focus on this photoshoot. And I’m going to focus on the positive intent behind it hope you can do the same.
    Forgive me for using the word coloured I’m actually Aboriginal Australian and i wasn’t sure what the correct wording should be. I’ll refer to us as WOC.

this is a positive thing so let’s have fun 💜💜

@xoxolovekay your suggestions are awesome I love the idea of an ebony gala 😍😍😍
    edited August 2020
    @xoxolovekay girl that term colored wasnt sitting right with me so I had to call her out on correct terms💁🏾‍♀️ black and a person of color isnt offensive but colored is surely is ☻ but you know what it is what is then. Have a nice day!👋🏾
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

@Carol Davida what I know is that it is subjective and what you like someone else might not. Period. Glad you got to communicate what you needed. Have a good day sis. 😘🥰
  • brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    Hi I love this idea so much!!!! I’m actually mixed, so I hope thats okay (also it bothers me that we dont have more skin colors in the game, cause none of then match mine). Maybe we can do something to showcase our different cultures 
    IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • Nath_2019Nath_2019 Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    edited August 2020
    <3 Loved the idea. I suggest the power theme, in it we could wear clothes that make us feel powerful ♥  this will be awesome
    •Playing KKH since August/19
    English isn't my first language
    •Nathalia in the game
    •iOS ❣ 20y

edited August 2020
    @SimplyKy tysm girl for issuing an public apology for using that incorrect derogatory term colored and will now refer to us black women as WOC. Since you've mentioned that you're a person of color (poc) irl, I was honestly expecting that term to be used by someone who is a prejudiced nonpoc so I was shocked to read that by a poc per say.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    I love this idea and yes colored is not a term we use. Im glad that got cleared up and i am super excited to see all this beautiful black girl magic 🥰😍
    Omg what about a soul train theme. Idk if the dolls outside of the usa are familiar with it but that would be cute too 
  • Joann12Joann12 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    this idea is awesome. I use photoshop to edit my photos!
  • kikikhaddskikikhadds Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I’m excited I really love everyone’s ideas!
    I love this esp @brunakkh ! I’m Trinidadian/Nigerian and I know we’re all are from different countries/have different backgrounds, something showcasing those individual styles would be fun 

Some ideas I had:
    - Soft, floral, almost ethereal vibes showing off all the coily/curly/braided/loc hairstyles (light, neutral glam makeup?)
    - All black outfits (glam, haute couture, more high fashion/exclusive items)
    - Monochromatic looks. So everyone in head to toe of whatever color lol

✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

• KingReyy7KingReyy7 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I’m excited I really love everyone’s ideas!
    I love this esp @brunakkh ! I’m Trinidadian/Nigerian and I know we’re all are from different countries/have different backgrounds, something showcasing those individual styles would be fun 

Some ideas I had:
    - Soft, floral, almost ethereal vibes showing off all the coily/curly/braided/loc hairstyles (light, neutral glam makeup?)
    - All black outfits (glam, haute couture, more high fashion/exclusive items)
    - Monochromatic looks. So everyone in head to toe of whatever color lol

All black outfits would be so pretty and also all white too, ( i love seeing dark skin in all white) 🗣 IM
    EXCITED!! 

• lilvivlilviv Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    @KingReyy7 I was actually thinking of an all white theme too earlier 😅 that would be gorgeous. 

What about a street style theme? We’re all from different places and it would be fun to see everyone’s take on their causal wear. 
  • JenniWoodyardJenniWoodyard Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I love this idea! I think the all-white theme would be sooo cute!
  • krissyGkrissyG Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    This is a PERFECT idea count me in!✊🏽
  • krissyGkrissyG Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    All white would look immaculate next to all the pretty brown skin tones🤩🤎
    I may have gotten into trouble for this thread or the idea of a group photo so I hope this still happens 😕😑😔

I love the idea of coming dressed in white reminds me of the two RHOA reunions, everybody looked stunning

This is all love and for uplifting, positivity and empowerment 💜

edited August 2020
    @SimplyKy in trouble? How? 🥺
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yes, what kind of trouble? There is no trouble that moderation is aware of.  We ask that things like this are checked first with moderation, but that doesn’t translate to mean trouble.   I asked that the emojis in the beginning of the title be removed because I employ them for organizational purposes.  That’s not trouble, that’s a reasonable request.  What trouble are you talking about? 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KKH_JazKKH_Jaz Registered Users, Member 78 Posts
    I’m down for the all white looksss 💁🏽‍♀️ It gives me Olivia popes vibes. 
  • ChicelleChicelle Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    @Carol Davida Damn you sound like a toxic person. ”Had to call her out” she’s literally poc too, if someone needs to apologize it’s you girly.
    Yes, what kind of trouble? There is no trouble that moderation is aware of.  We ask that things like this are checked first with moderation, but that doesn’t translate to mean trouble.   I asked that the emojis in the beginning of the title be removed because I employ them for organizational purposes.  That’s not trouble, that’s a reasonable request.  What trouble are you talking about? 
    Can we maybe Incorporate this into the forum rules so it is clear for next time. I can see how there is confusion. But cool beans can’t wait to get this going!