***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Also, did you guys see that they found a new strain of flu similar to H1N1? 2020 really has it out for us.
  • kttl4lifekttl4life Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
     I don’t remember the name of the challenge it was but it was about a reality show with Willow and Crystal and we were all competing for a makeup deal... anyways Willow said “do you think some stupid pandemic is going to stop me from living my life?” And I was kind of disturbed but... hey, I guess. I feel like Glu should have picked something else to have been said because a lot of people are actually not taking it as serious as they should
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I’m sure you’re right about that. None of us want to be like Willow any more than anyone wants to be like ‘meme Karen.’ (Prefaced it meme Karen, out of respect to the normal, chill women named Karen. Probably Some even here)  I’ve seen some disturbing videos of a woman at a supermarket who started viscously throwing huge packages of poultry and other things from her cart, when management told her ‘ no mask, you have to leave. ‘ then there are a lot more quiet ones not masking, or following health suggestions who aren’t hurling legs of lamb,  but are risking the lives of all those around them.   people who are not taking it seriously enough. If  this is Glu’s way of shaming anyone who might not be putting on a mask and staying home when they should then I agree, every little bit helps.
    Stay Safe we need you dolls.  <3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Imagine being so offended about being asked to do one little thing that can help save lives? Personally, I like only having to do half my makeup lol

I feel like Willow is problematic in general. Remember that storyline where she was an alcoholic? Yikes.
  • saintsofheathersaintsofheather Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    Hi everyone, this thread is incredibly old at this point but I needed somewhere to vent to people who don't know me in real life. This will get oddly personal but if it violates any rules I will happily take it down.

CW: gun violence + school shootings

Our school board (reluctantly) just announced virtual schooling for the next year about 15 minutes ago. On one hand, I am incredibly relieved and so grateful that they have decided to go with the safest option for everyone, but I had concerns, to begin with. I remember a few weeks ago being so incredibly scared to go to school for the next year. They weren't requiring masks for any of the students, but they were recommending them. I have been social distancing since March, both my parents fall under high-risk. I was not ready to be in an environment with students who had not been quarantining themselves (scrolling through Instagram, seeing everyone at camp or with their friends made me incredibly nervous). But the specific program that I am in (the IB Diploma Program) was not being offered online, therefore I was being forced to go into school. The idea that students weren't wearing masks freaked me out. But to be honest, what freaked me out more was an entire school wearing masks.

Gun violence in the US is not new, school shootings are not new. We don't have solutions (politicians) that will make influential changes. Being in an environment where students were recommended to conceal their identity scared me, so much. There have been gun threats in schools very close to mine. Resource officers notoriously have not played any influential role in stopping events as such/aiding de-escalate the situation. I didn't want to risk getting my parents sick, I didn't want to put myself at risk of gun violence, but I had to choose between a program that could make or break my college acceptance or keeping myself and my family safe.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that we have gone virtual. Although our curriculum will be much more difficult (the highest level high school math online with a teacher who doesn't teach for a kid who is awful at math is,, not gonna be fun), it's doable. I'd rather stay safe and work harder than to risk my family than be slightly less confused and put everyone at risk.

But then again, it's my senior year. No school dances (no Prom at all for me considering that the one last year was canceled and the one this year will most likely be canceled as well), no football games (but then again, I've never been to one), no seeing friends or stupid senior pranks. I'm going to miss out on one of my favorite classes of all time, my IB Visual Arts class, with my entire friend group. I started (virtually) dating this guy that I've had a crush on since freshman year and I realized that I'm never going to actually see him in person. As a member of friend group that loves hugs, kisses, holding hands, etc., it would've been hard to socially distance to begin with. But I'm going to miss seeing and hugging them so so much.

College admissions is tough to begin with, but now it's going to be harder. I have one SAT score that isn't great, but acceptable. I was planning on taking the test one or two more times to see if I could happen to get a better score, but that won't happen either. Now I'll have to BS some stuff in my application in order to sound somewhat interesting. My cousin was supposed to get married in December, so we had a whole India study abroad trip planned out for me from Thanksgiving to New Years so I could stay for all the festivities (I've never been to an Indian wedding and I'm Indian-- it sucks). I just wish that I could feel slightly more involved in it all. 

So here I am. Relieved that I can stay safe, but saddened that I will miss out. My goal through high school was to get the best high school experience that I could-- and I guess that's just not happening.

This community has always been so wonderful and welcoming, and it's been my distraction since March. I really appreciate you guys, whether its posting looks or seeing your pets and adorable babies, thank you. You've done more good than you know.
    ~Free IOS player since November 2019~
    @saintsofheather Your feelings are completely understandable and valid. I took IB courses so I somewhat understand why they weren't offered online, but I also think if any student would be dedicated enough to keep up with their studies online and succeed in doing so, it would be an IB student. I also can't imagine what students go through or how they feel in the current climate with the uptick in gun violence in schools. I started high school shortly after Columbine so everyone was on edge, but we didn't do drills or have a plan for anything, really. We did have to do bomb drills after 9/11, which is weird to think about now considering guns in school is a much greater risk. I remember protests when they installed security cameras my sophomore year because people thought it was overboard and crazy.

Missing out on senior year activities will be tough, and it's okay to feel sad or selfish for having to miss out. I hope years from now you can look back and be amazed of what you were able to do and accomplish during this time ❤️ You guys are setting the standard of how young adults can live and adapt to real life events. I'm sure your college admissions will be great and just know that you are not alone. 
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Sorry to give an unhelpful non-American viewpoint but holy heck I cannot imagine having to deal with the threat of gun violence as a regular part of daily life at school. That's literally insane and I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
    We need one of these emojis, @saintsofheather     I‘m sorry you’re going through this. Try and focus on the peace of mind that you are staying in a safe environment, for both health and safety.  There will be brighter days with parties, and other in person get togethers when we have a vaccine and things.  And the measures taken today to protect your future will pay off.   Make sure you spend quality virtual time with your close friends during this.  It’s way better than isolation.  Your friends are probably feeling as you are.  
    And I agree, you’ll be fine with admissions.   <3

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    Update on the situation in France: the number of sick people seem to be going up again, so the government has said we'll have to wear masks in every closed public location (banks, malls, administrations, movie theaters, bars and restaurants). Bot not in places which do not receive people!  This is insane! 
    Anyway my dad is finally going to wear his mask (he refused until now, "because it's unconstitutional"), he's doing it without us telling him, so yay!
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • saintsofheathersaintsofheather Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    edited July 2020
    @soundspretty and @kokokokonut, thank you for your kind words and well... I'm supposed to sit down with teachers today to try to figure out an action plan so hopefully things start sorting themselves out. Hope that everything is alright on your end <3
    ~Free IOS player since November 2019~
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    @soundspretty and @kokokokonut, thank you for your kind words and well... I'm supposed to sit down with teachers today to try to figure out an action plan so hopefully things start sorting themselves out. Hope that everything is alright on your end <3
    I'm sure everything will turn out great in the end ❤️ Everyone understands what kind of a situation it is right now so I'm sure that teachers and professors will try to do what they can to help you guys study in such conditions.
    About the guy, why are you so sure you'll never see him in person? Do you guys live very far away from each other? If you maintain the relationship right now I think there might be a possibility to hang out together when the things will finally get better (and they will)! ❤️
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Hey guys. My mom tested positive for COVID-19 a week ago. She’s an ovarian cancer survivor and not in the best of health. I haven’t been able to reach her over the past week and I’m scared for her. She lives in the US far from other family members and I live in Germany. I’m using all my connections to try and see if she’s ok, but I’m so worried. I’ve never known someone so kind and and empathetic and curious...I can’t lose her yet. I didn’t know where to share it, so I thought I’d share it here. 
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    Oh @Rikk I'm so sorry! It must be so stressful to be so far away and have no news from her. Hope you'll be able to reach her soon and she fully recovers from this. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way 🤗
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • MiyuriMiyuri Registered Users, Member 287 Posts
    @Rikk Oh no, sorry to hear that… It’s already scary to have a loved one sick, especially if their health isn’t so great, but being far away from them and not being able to reach them must be terrifying. I hope you hear from her really soon! Is there a way for you to contact local hospitals to see if she’s been admitted?
    Sending her good vibes to get better quickly!
    🇫🇷 in 🇰🇷
    Platform: iPadOS 17.2
    Current level: 93
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    I just noticed this thread. I think it's great that we have a place to talk about this scary virus. I love in a small town with maybe 2,000 people and right now 198 people have it. It's taking lives and there are still people who are in denial. Because of this virus, they closed the hospital I worked at...the only one in the county actually. So now, I'm working for the government and have to knock on doors and speak to people with COVID. It terrifies me, even if I am wearing a mask and taking precautions. 

My Mamaw (grandma) just turned 71 today, she's in great health, but her age terrifies me because so many elderly people are getting this virus.  Because of that I have to reduce my visits at her house, which hurts. I'm so afraid my four kids will contact it. Actually, people across from my Daddy's house has it and my kids have played with their kids. Fear is more intense when you have anxiety, so it's not been fun.

@Rikk Praying for your mom! I hope you get in touch with her soon. I live in the states, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Have you checked the hospitals website? Many times you can locate a patient and call directly into their room. Sending positive vibes to you and your mom. 🤗🤗
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    Omg, @rikk, my heart goes out to you. Sending prayers to your mother and you need to keep yourself well and healthy too. 

IOS Player 
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    @Rikk I’m so so sorry to hear this, I can’t even imagine. I’m thinking about you and your mom 💕💕
  • SmuckiesSmuckies Registered Users, Member 582 Posts
    @Rikk - my thoughts are with you and your mom - I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you can get in touch with her soon.
    iOS player since July 2014 
  • VictorianVictorian Registered Users, Member 1,110 Posts
    @Rikk I hope she recovers as fast as possible 💕 I feel you on a different level because my mom is going through chemo right now, I am so scared for her. I really really hope and will pray your mom recovers from this. 
    20 year old from Turkey & Android Player
    Striking untill they give everyone 20 videos a day
  • helcabuhelcabu Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    @Rikk I’m so so sorry to hear this, I hope you will be able to reach her soon and all will be alright. I’m going through something similar in the last few months with my grandma - she is 82 years old and having problems with her heart. She suffered two heart attacks since January and she was hospitalized with broken arm for 3 weeks last month, they ended up doing surgery for her heart as well. She lives alone and there are days when we are also super worried about her when she doesn’t reply to calls or emails, so we often rush to check on her...and now with COVID-19 going around, we are much more worried that if she catches something, it might be big problem for her health as well 😒 So I completely understand how it might feel, especially if it’s your mum. Even thought the healthcare is great here, still it is worrying to have her in hospital and etc. Hopefully your mum will be fine and all will be alright! Praying for you 
    iOs player 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Thanks guys...I found out that she’s in intensive care. I still haven’t been able to talk to her yet or get any details. I’m going to try to think positive and not panic. I appreciate your support so much! Hoping you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy
    @Rikk I'm so sorry this is happening.  Please know I'm sending prayers and special intentions.  Be strong and believe, and have hope.  You have to stay positive.  My heart goes out to you and your family. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • QueenRhiaQueenRhia Registered Users, Member 426 Posts
    @Rikk what a horrible situation, I hope you're coping and have some loved ones for mutual support. I wish your mom all the best and I hope she recovers. 
    *** platform: android ***
    *** level 45 ***
  • MiyuriMiyuri Registered Users, Member 287 Posts
    @Rikk It’s good that you got some news but I understand how worried you must be at the situation. Hopefully you will get some details soon to know exactly how she’s doing. Obviously I don’t know, but I’ve heard several testimonies of people who got cured of Covid but had been put in artificial coma during their hospital stay, it looks like it’s part of the procedure and doesn’t necessarily mean the worst. I hope everything turns out ok and you get good news quickly.

@BooskiBabii You must be under a lot of stress too. Worrying for your family because of other people’s actions but also having to work in contact with Covid patients and risking catching it yourself (and spreading it to your family)… I live alone (with my cat ^^) and had to work online for the past few months, which was depressing because I also cut out all my other activities but at least kept me safe. But things were starting to get better where I live and we were bound to start offline again in 2 weeks… but some morons from a few different religious cults screwed everything up and now we’re back to the contamination levels we had in March and I can no longer go back to work…
    🇫🇷 in 🇰🇷
    Platform: iPadOS 17.2
    Current level: 93
    My work: Mask mandate! Everyone MUST wear one in the building!! Social distancing! Stay 6 feet apart!

Also my work: Lololol we need new badge pictures so let's have 300 people filter into your tiny office without a mask so you can take their picture. 

• thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Hi everyone, this thread is incredibly old at this point but I needed somewhere to vent to people who don't know me in real life. This will get oddly personal but if it violates any rules I will happily take it down.

CW: gun violence + school shootings

Our school board (reluctantly) just announced virtual schooling for the next year about 15 minutes ago. On one hand, I am incredibly relieved and so grateful that they have decided to go with the safest option for everyone, but I had concerns, to begin with. I remember a few weeks ago being so incredibly scared to go to school for the next year. They weren't requiring masks for any of the students, but they were recommending them. I have been social distancing since March, both my parents fall under high-risk. I was not ready to be in an environment with students who had not been quarantining themselves (scrolling through Instagram, seeing everyone at camp or with their friends made me incredibly nervous). But the specific program that I am in (the IB Diploma Program) was not being offered online, therefore I was being forced to go into school. The idea that students weren't wearing masks freaked me out. But to be honest, what freaked me out more was an entire school wearing masks.

Gun violence in the US is not new, school shootings are not new. We don't have solutions (politicians) that will make influential changes. Being in an environment where students were recommended to conceal their identity scared me, so much. There have been gun threats in schools very close to mine. Resource officers notoriously have not played any influential role in stopping events as such/aiding de-escalate the situation. I didn't want to risk getting my parents sick, I didn't want to put myself at risk of gun violence, but I had to choose between a program that could make or break my college acceptance or keeping myself and my family safe.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that we have gone virtual. Although our curriculum will be much more difficult (the highest level high school math online with a teacher who doesn't teach for a kid who is awful at math is,, not gonna be fun), it's doable. I'd rather stay safe and work harder than to risk my family than be slightly less confused and put everyone at risk.

But then again, it's my senior year. No school dances (no Prom at all for me considering that the one last year was canceled and the one this year will most likely be canceled as well), no football games (but then again, I've never been to one), no seeing friends or stupid senior pranks. I'm going to miss out on one of my favorite classes of all time, my IB Visual Arts class, with my entire friend group. I started (virtually) dating this guy that I've had a crush on since freshman year and I realized that I'm never going to actually see him in person. As a member of friend group that loves hugs, kisses, holding hands, etc., it would've been hard to socially distance to begin with. But I'm going to miss seeing and hugging them so so much.

College admissions is tough to begin with, but now it's going to be harder. I have one SAT score that isn't great, but acceptable. I was planning on taking the test one or two more times to see if I could happen to get a better score, but that won't happen either. Now I'll have to BS some stuff in my application in order to sound somewhat interesting. My cousin was supposed to get married in December, so we had a whole India study abroad trip planned out for me from Thanksgiving to New Years so I could stay for all the festivities (I've never been to an Indian wedding and I'm Indian-- it sucks). I just wish that I could feel slightly more involved in it all. 

So here I am. Relieved that I can stay safe, but saddened that I will miss out. My goal through high school was to get the best high school experience that I could-- and I guess that's just not happening.

This community has always been so wonderful and welcoming, and it's been my distraction since March. I really appreciate you guys, whether its posting looks or seeing your pets and adorable babies, thank you. You've done more good than you know.
    hi! this was so long ago, but i just read your post and saw that this would be your senior year!! so i wanted to say something because when the pandemic started, i was in my senior year. i missed out on prom, graduation, college decision day, etc. i just wanna say your feelings are so valid. it’s so upsetting to not enjoy the year you have thought about since you first entered high school. it sucks. some of your best moments are lost, and its okay to feel upset. but you will get through it!! keep up your amazing work, and i honestly truthfully hope that you get your graduation! missing it sucked so much & i hope you dont have to go through that! continue to be resilient. if you decide to go to university, i hope that your freshman year is amazing & that you’ll be able to experience new things that may make up for the loss of your senior year. i hope you’re doing okay :)
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Hehe
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    I’m not a fan of Trump at alllll but him catching covid got me shook. 

11 cases are linked to the debate alone 🥴🤦🏾‍♀️
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠
    edited October 2020
    please remember not to get political.  Thanks for understanding. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @kokokokonut i didn’t express any political opinion.... it’s current news that has me on edge due to the coronavirus. I even kept it pg by saying not a fan I don’t think I said anything distasteful. 

Don’t worry I’m not trying to start any debates I just thought this is where I could come to express that it makes me more nervous to catch covid. 
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠