šŸ—³ļøšŸŸšŸ”SYS: 8/20/20 Retro Diner - How About Fries with that Shake?šŸ”šŸŸšŸ„¤

Comments

• rellbellerellbelle Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    rellbelle said:
    @rellbelle idk if youā€™ve been keeping up with the distaste of users with diamond items so using both the shirt, skirt, and coke would definitely make people vote AGAINST you and not FOR another doll
    @datesaremyfave No i havenā€™t this thread is too long for me to read everything lol, it sucks bc thereā€™s so little options that look 50s and i wanted to beĀ able to fit the theme as best i could. Most dolls in the booth Iā€™m seeing dont look 50s at all, which isnā€™t their fault i wish glu would make themes that had actual clothing options to match that were accessible for free players as well. šŸ˜”
    Yeah there was a poll in the update thread and people basically said that even if a look was on theme they would vote against it if it had a diamond item.Ā 

I vote for whatever is on theme but Iā€™m veryyy shocked that so many people are praising your outfits without mentioning how negatively these items are viewed by majority of the forum users. I also am a free user and when the new items were introduced I had enough to buy the coke bottle but I went against it because I knew that there would be some to vote against it. Kinda like people who vote against #1 TS prizes if they are mad they didnā€™t get it
    Yeah i definitely missed that poll! Wish i had seen it now lol šŸ˜© But i completely get the frustration, having items for diamonds but having basically no way to earn diamonds freely besides SYS is unfair. The game really makes it hard for free players sometimes and i hate that. But I never realized how many people would vote against looks the way you explained so Iā€™m glad i know now!Ā 
  • JJthedrummer83JJthedrummer83 Registered Users 149 Posts
    i am already fed up with this sys. first of all most of dont have enough in the kloset to make enough outfits so it gets stressful. second of all i've seen people with gowns that are winning over people that are on theme. lastly i think the call we got from kim was very vauge because people can have different ideas for 1950's style. i think the only thing i like in this sys event is the backdrop.
    hollywood bitch so fake she seems real
  • datesaremyfavedatesaremyfave Registered Users, Member 358 Posts
    @mandamay76 uh I didnā€™t mention you specifically? She just asked why she may be scoring low and I said what I said. I love her looks and literally mentioned that I was surprised no one had brought up the negative connotations with the diamond closet items since there was literally an unofficial poll and a lot of people said they wouldnā€™t vote for it

i also didnā€™t specifically mention you when saying some would not vote for users lmao. I just know that SOME (not you since I must specify) do not vote for some items because of that and used the TS as an example since that comes up.Ā 

Your message came off a bit abrasive towards my comment and thatā€™s why my reply seems confused and defensive because I deadass just mentioned something and it seemed you took it personal when in no way was I trying to do so..
    @datesaremyfave why would I not praise her looks!? They are really good! Iā€™m not petty over how people play the game! I wonā€™t not vote for someone because they chose to buy something they like! Thatā€™s just mean spirited and thatā€™s not who I am! Ā Do I like some of glus practices? Nope! But do I spend money on this game yes! And I bought a few of the diamond items and Iā€™m not gonna not use them because I may lose a couple votes! Ā To each their own but Iā€™m not going to ever not vote for a good look because they have an item I want and didnā€™t win or because it was purchased with diamonds! Ā 
    Thank you girl, i totally agree with you i donā€™t ever vote petty i always vote for the look i think is cutest and best fits the theme. I honestly never realized so many people vote with like i guess pettiness towards items others own? Itā€™s weird for me to think that, makes me question how i put together my looks now since i do spend money on the game. I do wish the game would add a better way for free players to get diamonds! I think this week was the first time i purchased diamonds and i hated that i had to.Ā 
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    @mandamay76 uh I didnā€™t mention you specifically? She just asked why she may be scoring low and I said what I said. I love her looks and literally mentioned that I was surprised no one had brought up the negative connotations with the diamond closet items since there was literally an unofficial poll and a lot of people said they wouldnā€™t vote for it

i also didnā€™t specifically mention you when saying some would not vote for users lmao. I just know that SOME (not you since I must specify) do not vote for some items because of that and used the TS as an example since that comes up.Ā 

Your message came off a bit abrasive towards my comment and thatā€™s why my reply seems confused and defensive because I deadass just mentioned something and it seemed you took it personal when in no way was I trying to do so..
    You said you were verrry shocked that members were Ā praising her looks. And since I was someone who did I thought maybe that was a bit of a dig at me and I wasnā€™t trying to be abrasive! So my apologies!Ā 
    i am already fed up with this sys. first of all most of dont have enough in the kloset to make enough outfits so it gets stressful. second of all i've seen people with gowns that are winning over people that are on theme. lastly i think the call we got from kim was very vauge because people can have different ideas for 1950's style. i think the only thing i like in this sys event is the backdrop.
    Thereā€™s literally almost nothing to buy to make 50s looks, i dont understand who comes up with these themes while looking through the clothes provided in the game šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
  • Chooky1116Chooky1116 Registered Users, Member 655 Posts
    We should be able to complement outfits we see without having to mention how some people dislike them being purchased with diamonds.
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    I feel so dumb! Saw a doll in the voting booth with the TS plate handheld and I thought "well, it's too early to have the earnables" and I just realized it wasn't earnable! šŸ˜”
    Android playerĀ 
    Christmas lover šŸŽ„
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • kayworldkayworld Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    No chance at 1st this week šŸ˜­
    Some of you guys are ripping people apart over outfits why canā€™t people see this!Ā 
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    Honestly I feel like we shouldnā€™t vote against people who buy diamond items. I mean thatā€™s my own opinion. But if the look is nice and on theme and has a diamond item we shouldnā€™t skip the look because weā€™re mad at glu yk? But I do get where you guys are coming from, and some people arenā€™t on the forum and wouldnā€™t know that people didnā€™t like the diamonds items so I feel like it would be unfair. Just my two cents
    iOSšŸ–¤. Doll (Holly) šŸ’
    If someone uses diamond outfits and shows them off Ā let them, stop making them feel like they are doing something horrible because they arenā€™t. Glu will carry on with what they are doing. Us saying a diamond look is gorgeous wont change thatĀ 
    SDC93 said:

First look did well! Ā Should I submit this one next?
    I love these looks, so cute!Ā 
    Iā€™m just going to leave it at the last few posts I made Iā€™ve said my piece šŸ˜Ŗ
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    We should be able to complement outfits we see without having to mention how some people dislike them being purchased with diamonds.
    Well yeah, of course. But if youā€™re going to mention other reasons why looks might not score well, why wouldnā€™t you bring up the diamond items??? When you know so many people would intentionally not vote for them... Wether you personally would or not, itā€™s still worth mentioning in that scenario? Unless you wanna keep people in the dark and think people will forget about their personal feelings overnight.Ā 
    platform: iOS šŸ’žĀ message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
    edited August 2020
    Edit: read it wrongĀ 
    One we changed our profile pics before this discussionĀ 

Two we arenā€™t the negative ones by complimenting a beautiful look without mentioning diamonds.

How Is this making people uncomfortable Itā€™s a gameĀ 
    My profile picture is vintage inspired Iā€™ve spent my whole life wearing and loving vintage which I mentioned on here yesterdayĀ 

I edit pictures cause I love too and Manda is my friend so I made her one too

Im not a clown so donā€™t call me or my friend that again or anyone in this forumĀ 
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    edited August 2020

Umm I apologized to dates and havenā€™t said another word! Iā€™m always kind and rarely complain on here! This is your first post so you joined at 1011 tonight and made your first comment! So Iā€™m gonna assume your a usual forum member who had to hide behind a fake profile! And we are the clowns! Ā Iā€™m rarely on here anymore because of the negative vibe. I come back and try to be a kind nice member and this happens! Iā€™m too old for this! Ā This is almost laughable! Ā 
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    @StevieCurry youā€™re welcome šŸ¤—
    iOSšŸ–¤. Doll (Holly) šŸ’
    Oh so first poster decided to call us clowns just wow!Ā