🗳️🍟🍔SYS: 8/20/20 Retro Diner - How About Fries with that Shake?🍔🍟🥤

Comments

• woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    lol huh
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • datesaremyfavedatesaremyfave Registered Users, Member 358 Posts
    @mandamay76 uh I didn’t mention you specifically? She just asked why she may be scoring low and I said what I said. I love her looks and literally mentioned that I was surprised no one had brought up the negative connotations with the diamond closet items since there was literally an unofficial poll and a lot of people said they wouldn’t vote for it

i also didn’t specifically mention you when saying some would not vote for users lmao. I just know that SOME (not you since I must specify) do not vote for some items because of that and used the TS as an example since that comes up. 

Your message came off a bit abrasive towards my comment and that’s why my reply seems confused and defensive because I deadass just mentioned something and it seemed you took it personal when in no way was I trying to do so..
    You said you were verrry shocked that members were  praising her looks. And since I was someone who did I thought maybe that was a bit of a dig at me and I wasn’t trying to be abrasive! So my apologies! 
    Ah so sorry it came off that way! My apologies, I know netiquette is something that is hard to communicate with since there’s no tone of voice etc. :)
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    @mandamay76 uh I didn’t mention you specifically? She just asked why she may be scoring low and I said what I said. I love her looks and literally mentioned that I was surprised no one had brought up the negative connotations with the diamond closet items since there was literally an unofficial poll and a lot of people said they wouldn’t vote for it

i also didn’t specifically mention you when saying some would not vote for users lmao. I just know that SOME (not you since I must specify) do not vote for some items because of that and used the TS as an example since that comes up. 

Your message came off a bit abrasive towards my comment and that’s why my reply seems confused and defensive because I deadass just mentioned something and it seemed you took it personal when in no way was I trying to do so..
    You said you were verrry shocked that members were  praising her looks. And since I was someone who did I thought maybe that was a bit of a dig at me and I wasn’t trying to be abrasive! So my apologies! 
    Ah so sorry it came off that way! My apologies, I know netiquette is something that is hard to communicate with since there’s no tone of voice etc. :)
    I’m sorry too doll!  This whole thing has got out of hand now!  We both took things the wrong way exactly because of that! All good here now I hope :) 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Please treat members with respect.  I don't know what else to say.  Please stop fighting.  I just got back and don't see how things erupted so quickly.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • 2ftpoop2ftpoop Registered Users, Member 174 Posts
    rellbelle said:
    My first three looks, i was hoping to finally break 50 😩 I only have maybe once. These were my best kloset choices so it’s only downhill from here 😅 I also have like no good hairstyles for this SYS. 
    You’re looks are great! The hair, the outfits, the handhelds- all on theme! The only thing I can think of are the tattoos? “Normal” folk did not have tattoos back then. But I always wonder- are we models dressing up for a themed party? Or is it more immersive like we supposed to be “an average Joe” who would fit in perfectly in a diner in the 50s? Like the Hawaiian Luau theme- are we a famous model on vacation in hawaii? Wearing a sexy swimsuit and heels to the beach? Or are we Hawaiian locals with long flows dresses and sandals? I have no idea if this sounds silly but my doll has her ears pierced all up the cartilage (kloset) and her nose pierced. Should I remove those for the Old Hollywood theme because I’m literally an old Hollywood startlet? Or do I keep them because I am a model working at a Old Hollywood themed photoshoot? I try my best to be on theme and I wonder what everyone else is imagining when they are putting together their looks :blush:

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    🤷🏽‍♀️ If u see me in a top hat and a tux 😎 just ignore I know it’s not on theme. 
    dpeters said:
    I feel so dumb! Saw a doll in the voting booth with the TS plate handheld and I thought "well, it's too early to have the earnables" and I just realized it wasn't earnable! 😡
    Whaaaaat?!? Someone needs to get a screenshot! 
  • rellbellerellbelle Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    2ftpoop said:
    rellbelle said:
    My first three looks, i was hoping to finally break 50 😩 I only have maybe once. These were my best kloset choices so it’s only downhill from here 😅 I also have like no good hairstyles for this SYS. 
    You’re looks are great! The hair, the outfits, the handhelds- all on theme! The only thing I can think of are the tattoos? “Normal” folk did not have tattoos back then. But I always wonder- are we models dressing up for a themed party? Or is it more immersive like we supposed to be “an average Joe” who would fit in perfectly in a diner in the 50s? Like the Hawaiian Luau theme- are we a famous model on vacation in hawaii? Wearing a sexy swimsuit and heels to the beach? Or are we Hawaiian locals with long flows dresses and sandals? I have no idea if this sounds silly but my doll has her ears pierced all up the cartilage (kloset) and her nose pierced. Should I remove those for the Old Hollywood theme because I’m literally an old Hollywood startlet? Or do I keep them because I am a model working at a Old Hollywood themed photoshoot? I try my best to be on theme and I wonder what everyone else is imagining when they are putting together their looks :blush:

Omg lmao i literally think about it the same way!! I’m like wait should i be pretending to be in the time period or myself going to a themed event??? I always kept the tattoos and the nose piercing for all the other STS, but I’ve actually removed the tattoos for my last look after someone else pointed that out too! Here are the next two i submitted, seems like removing the tattoos didnt matter as much as i thought! Also- thanks so much for the kind words 💖

We should be able to complement outfits we see without having to mention how some people dislike them being purchased with diamonds.
    Well yeah, of course. But if you’re going to mention other reasons why looks might not score well, why wouldn’t you bring up the diamond items??? When you know so many people would intentionally not vote for them... Wether you personally would or not, it’s still worth mentioning in that scenario? Unless you wanna keep people in the dark and think people will forget about their personal feelings overnight. 
    Exactly! I try to share WHY I think looks might not be scoring high based off of the general opinion on the forum AND voting patterns I’ve seen during SYS. When someone is asking for constructive criticism, why not be honest and describe how other players play? I’ve read hundreds and hundreds of pages of the forum before I ever commented. Not everyone is as lame as me haha. For people who have no clue, the more “culture” tips you share, the more they can build a strategy instead of being confused. 
  • rellbellerellbelle Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    2ftpoop said:
    We should be able to complement outfits we see without having to mention how some people dislike them being purchased with diamonds.
    Well yeah, of course. But if you’re going to mention other reasons why looks might not score well, why wouldn’t you bring up the diamond items??? When you know so many people would intentionally not vote for them... Wether you personally would or not, it’s still worth mentioning in that scenario? Unless you wanna keep people in the dark and think people will forget about their personal feelings overnight. 
    Exactly! I try to share WHY I think looks might not be scoring high based off of the general opinion on the forum AND voting patterns I’ve seen during SYS. When someone is asking for constructive criticism, why not be honest and describe how other players play? I’ve read hundreds and hundreds of pages of the forum before I ever commented. Not everyone is as lame as me haha. For people who have no clue, the more “culture” tips you share, the more they can build a strategy instead of being confused. 
    Yes!! I loved the original feedback i was getting, as i only read the forum from time to time but i don’t go super in depth, so i miss a lot! I was always not very confident in my looks and would be too shy to post them and would learn so much by the looks everyone posted here! I don’t think it’s worth anyone’s time to be arguing over this! I just wanna see more of yalls looks so i can get some more ideas 👀

Now I’m like damn maybe i should have read all 12 pages before i posted my looks 😅 
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    brunakkh said:
    I hate to stir the pot I truly do, but I just remembered that Paris hilton pic with the “stop being poor” shirt
    Its probably paris hilton behind that account i also thought of that meme.  
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    Wow! 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    rellbelle said:

Omg lmao i literally think about it the same way!! I’m like wait should i be pretending to be in the time period or myself going to a themed event??? I always kept the tattoos and the nose piercing for all the other STS, but I’ve actually removed the tattoos for my last look after someone else pointed that out too! Here are the next two i submitted, seems like removing the tattoos didnt matter as much as i thought! Also- thanks so much for the kind words 💖

I’m glad you have the same thought patterns! I think similar things about the aura’s...“ Umm should there be birds flying around in a dining establishment?”
    Or with the fireworks... “umm we are inside- fire hazard!” :p  

• LalisaLalisa Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Thank you for the memes didn’t know I was apparently this important to be quoted 💕😩🥰