Black Girl Magic Group Photo

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited August 2020
    @Chicelle well I'm fully aware that shes a poc till she mentioned that she is. And yes I did actually addressed her bc nobody else did. Everybody else was just being a bystander who said nothing absolutely about this like the term colored wasnt wrong and which is not socially acceptable. I educated her in correct terms to refer to black women as WOC since she stated that she wasnt completely sure what to call black women in general. Hmm...🤔let me guess you're actually a nonpoc who doesnt who know the history behind that derogatory word colored. That term colored is just the same thing as saying the n word. So, no I strongly disagree with you that I owe an public apology bc I didnt say anything offensive at this thread. And until then, you can judge me however you like bc at the end of the day I dont even care bc you dont know me irl to even be judging me by my character. You're actually a very judgmental person to even be assuming that I'm a so-called "toxic" person. So girl bye 🙄👋🏾
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kikikhaddskikikhadds Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    edited August 2020
     I don’t think anyone was just being a “bystander”. We all are in different time zones and aren’t on the forum all the time. I think it was evident to most that she’s not from the U.S... and unfortunately US History is not World history... not everyone is aware of how certain terms and their effects and how ppl can take it. Having a dismissive tone to that fact doesn’t help the fight either 😬 Just because someone doesn’t have the same relationship to the word as you doesn’t negate their blackness. 
    This thread is about Black Girl Magic and I’m excited for this photo 🤎🤎🤎✨
              ✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

• ChicelleChicelle Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    @Carol Davida As mentioned in the thread you can’t speak on behalf all the poc people, and yes I’m a nonpoc person from Finland and do not know the history behind every term, but what I do know is that comparing the word ”colored” to the n-word is extremely disrespectful towards black community. So if you truly cared about offensive terms, you should have told your point of viewin a less snappier way. I understand that you don’t need to nice to racists, but no one was being racist here. You are in the wrong here and therefore should apologize for your rude behavior. And I’m sorry but you present yourself as a toxic person.
  • Nath_2019Nath_2019 Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Chicelle said:
    @Carol Davida As mentioned in the thread you can’t speak on behalf all the poc people, and yes I’m a nonpoc person from Finland and do not know the history behind every term, but what I do know is that comparing the word ”colored” to the n-word is extremely disrespectful towards black community. So if you truly cared about offensive terms, you should have told your point of viewin a less snappier way. I understand that you don’t need to nice to racists, but no one was being racist here. You are in the wrong here and therefore should apologize for your rude behavior. And I’m sorry but you present yourself as a toxic person.
    I'm from Brazil and I don't even know what "poc" or "nonpoc" means. Brazil also has a terrible history with slavery, but I also did not know that the term "colored" in English is frowned upon. 
    I use google translator most of the time, so it could be me who would have written the term.  There are people who don't really see a problem in a term for linguistic reasons, so please girls, be kind, understanding and respectful.
    Anyway, so the chosen theme is All white? 

How will this work? Should we post our photos here on this forum page? And who is available to do the edit? Since @SimplyKy said she doesn't edit ... (I don't know how to edit very well either**)
    (sorry by my mistakes, I literally used google translate in everything)
    •Playing KKH since August/19
    English isn't my first language
    •Nathalia in the game
    •iOS ❣ 20y

• ChicelleChicelle Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    @Nath_2019 Poc means person of color, so pretty much everyone who isn’t white and nonpoc is the opposite, not 100% sure so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
    edited August 2020
    @kikikhadds girl it's actually called African American history. Those subjects US history and world history aren't even comparable at all.

@Chicelle In no way was I ever being rude for educating someone who used the incorrect derogatory term for referring to black women. Apologize for what!? For being unapologetically me and stating facts on this thread. You're the one who's being rude to me by verbally attacking me on my previous comment when you called me a toxic person. Your OP of what you think about me doesn't matter to me anyways. And that's fine though. You cant force me against my own will to publicly apologize when I've done nothing wrong here. I've said what I've said and that's that. 💯

@Nath_2019 girl poc stands for people of color or person of color. It includes all races except excluding whites. And nonpoc is a non person of color who is an individual who happens to be white. 

Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    Circlin back to the theme.... are we doing all white but dressed up? Or casual? I wish I had enough stars for make up 😭
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠
    edited August 2020
    Babes @Carol Davida I’m American. African Americans are still... Americans. In the United States of America. History of the USA. The history of this country and what happened to every ethnic group inside of it is not global knowledge. It is to you and me because we’re in it, not even from what I learned in a class 🥴 What you even learn in any social studies/civics class abroad is not at all the same as what you’d learn in an American school. They’re not teaching Jim Crow laws in Italian secondary schools. Sorry you thought I was even talking about school, history isn’t limited to just a class you take for a credit lol.... It’s okay to just be open to critique. Tone and intention go a long way 🤎🤎🤎 

As far as the photo I love the idea of the all white! Why don’t we do more than one photo? @Joann12 mentioned earlier in the thread she’s good at photoshop maybe she’d like to lend her skills?

✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

@kikikhadds girl tysm for clarifying that for me. I honestly thought that you meant African American history course lol. I've taken it when I was at college and I absolutely loved it 🥰 its no why wonder why I'm so passionate and enthusiastic about this topic.

And girl even though I'm from America I dont even identify myself as an African American. Well I cant since I'm afrolatina irl. My parents aren't even from the US to be calling myself that. 
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

@Carol Davida it’s all good girl 🤎  I don’t consider myself a “traditional” AA either. I’m first generation(both my parents were born in their respective countries, immigrated to Canada then the US) and I was born in Brooklyn but culturally I was raised with both and heavily American so I’m a little everything? If I describe myself with a “term” AA sometimes is easier but that just depends on the person and conversation. That’s why this thread is a beautiful thing because we can also get to know each other. Being black and also having different cultures, backgrounds and countries between us is something we should really try to showcase. 
              ✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

@kikikhadds girl what a coincidence I'm originally from Brooklyn too. That's my hometown all day everyday 🥰💯 my parents are from Honduras and well yeah I rep both 🇭🇳 and 🇺🇸.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    I dont believe @Carol Davida had any malicious intent with her correcting the term colored. That word sparks some unpleasant feelings with how it was used to make ppl uncomfortable. That being said i think we all need to take a breath and lets try to figure out how this edit will be done.
  • brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
       I love the white theme and I think it would look amazing! Imm really looking forward to seeing all your looks, but I have zero editing skills lol
    IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • SimplyKySimplyKy Registered Users, Member 75 Posts

edited August 2020
    @Joann12 Would you be down to edit? No pressure 💙 If so dolls let’s start putting our white looks here. @SimplyKy just put up a example if worse comes to worse I can edit on my laptop. It’s just a little old though lol. 
  • KingReyy7KingReyy7 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts

These are my all white looks! 
    Here’s mine 
  • brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    Didnt know if you guys would rather casual or formal so I just did both? 

IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • KKH_JazKKH_Jaz Registered Users, Member 78 Posts
    Here’s mine 💕
  • mz_understood2011mz_understood2011 Registered Users 32 Posts
    Here’s mine
  • ElleRosegoldElleRosegold Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Hey ladies, loving this idea, here is mine! I’m just enamored with all these beautiful melanated styles GLU has been dropping on us lately! I’ve been making a collection of my rl to KKH styles, hopefully they keep em coming 😊

🤍🤍🤍🤍 went for watercolor and white look
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos no I’m working from home so there’s no rush. I’ll probably do mini collages in groups of 3/4 dolls as everyone posts their looks and then combine it to a mega one once everyone posts. 
    Dolls I’m open for for opinions/advice. Which in game background would you guys like me to use? I was thinking Ballroom 1 (Agree) or 3(Like), Wedding 1 (Awesome) or even Kim’s Mansion? (Lol) or if you have a specific in game background that I haven’t mentioned or a out of game background please post it hereeee. 
    edited August 2020
    Everyone looks so gorgeous! 🥺 Here’s mine

@therealChar I love that watercolor dress & how you styled it! Do you remember where it’s from?

edit:typo
              ✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

Everyone looks so gorgeous! 🥺 Here’s mine

@therealChar I love that watercolor dress & how you styled it! Do you remember where it’s from?

edit:typo
    Its from an old VIP event from like a year ago its available for diamonds. 
      @therealChar thank you!
              ✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

• mbeyoncembeyonce Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    Here's mine!  

Playing since 2014..!