Gym in downtown LA

ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
I apologise if this was already discussed somewhere (I couldn't find a specific thread on it but if it is has been discussed may I please have the link?) but I am considering getting the Gym. I was wondering if there was a guide for it. I'm not convinced this is a good investment of Kstars. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    There are some discussions of the gym in "update 5.7 is here" thread.
    One of my games got it last VIP weekend. I was about 50 KStars short to reach the next event item. Instead of spending 40 KStars and having a risk of getting $4000, getting a gym is more promising.
    No, it's not a good investment in terms of getting KStars back, currently it is not.
    But, just like getting pets, most players get them because they are cute and they give you energy bolts. I kind of enjoy going to the gym once in a while just to see that dumbbell drops. :p

I also like to save those 5 energy bolts as my emergency energy fund. Sometimes, you just need a few more energy bolts to finish a gig. There were times I thought I've already finished a gig then when I opened the game, I had a gig still unfinished and the timer is running out. It's pain in the neck if I failed it and reset the 150 in a roll achievement. There were also times I accidentally click on a 8h reality show when I was dead tired and just wanted to go to bed. This kind of emergency energy fund can be helpful.

I'm glad that Glu added this doing a 3h workout gig once in a week to earn some workout clothing.
    The first set of the workout clothing items are okay (I posted a picture in that "update 5.7 is here" thread). I hope we will get better ones in the future. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • LibbyLibby Registered Users, Member 412 Posts
    I was wondering how many energies we get from the Gym and how often?
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    You tap on gym equipment (you get one for free and the others cost k-stars). Every time you tap on something you get a dumbbell (I think the time between taps is the same as pets, so once every 4 hours?) Once you reach 20 dumbbells, you get 5 energy. 
  • kkhpeytonkkhpeyton Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    i believe you can tap the workout equipment every hour. But you have to buy the workout equipment with kstars and it’s not cheap. If you upgrade everything you can tap 5 dumbbells an hour and it takes 20 to get 5 energy so it’s like 5 energy every 4 hours. You can do a gig there once a week too to get partnerships you get 1 signed per gig so that is nice some of those have nice rewards.