Glitch Thread: Game Crashing since Update:-Renewed Issue

Comments

• rebeckakkhrebeckakkh Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    It has now been 3 days since I could access my game, I haven’t even been able to access for one second and I’m starting to get really annoyed. 
    I was really looking forward to this weekend sys and event, but I guess that I could kiss those items goodbye now. 🙃
  • kenyok16kenyok16 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    @KalindaKing when are they going to fix it. The game is still crashing. It wouldn’t let me load it anymore 😭 I was in the middle of a task and trying to be keep my status at #1, not anymore, I guess. And saying goodbye to the weekend event and all the free stuff we can get 🤬😡
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    I’m sad and feel bad for many of you, it sucks that we are even missing part of Halloween.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
     they have not stopped working on a fix. The music app advice is just something that helped in some cases.  When groups of players can't play this is top priority.  Its being worked on round the clock.  As the wife of a network admin I can tell you about Thanksgiving Turkeys bring pulled out of the oven because there was a major issue that needed to be fixed and I went in with him.  vacations cut short.  When I say round the clock, I mean it.   and that's how Glu is looking at this.  they will not rest until we can all play.  
    It stinks, I know.   But dont think the 5 o'clock whistle blows and thats it for the weekend.   There are no clocks when issues like this happen.  they just work till its fixed.  <3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KrazyKokoKrazyKoko Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I’ve tried to open the game through multiple ways (app and safari) i’ve even restarted my iphone. I really wanna try get on because i’ve been looking forward to the update for so long! I have 100+GB of storage so it’s not that and my iphone is up to date! Please let me know if there’s a fix to this! 
  • WhatIsRealityWhatIsReality Registered Users, Member 532 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I always thought my pre-update precautions were completely pointless, I guess not😐
    Before every update I screenshot everything 
    1. Hollywood ID
    2. Current level 
    3. The amount of Diamonds, K-Stars & dye I have 
    4.  My closet items(including what colours I have dyed them)
    I know I go a bit overboard but you never know what can happen 
    Edit* I thought I would share this because it might be useful in the future. It’s still annoying we can’t access our game 
    Why do I even bother 😒
    It’s official I have SYS anxiety, does anyone else?
    PM me to add me on Facebook 
    #OnStrikeUntilEveryPlayerGets20Videos #EqualTreatmentOfAllPlayers #GreedyAppDevelopersLoseMoney
    I always thought my pre-update precautions were completely pointless, I guess not😐
    Before every update I screenshot everything 
    1. Hollywood ID
    2. Current level 
    3. The amount of Diamonds, K-Stars & dye I have 
    4.  My closet items(including what colours I have dyed them)
    I know I go a bit overboard but you never know what can happen 
    It sucks cause right before the update I was gonna save my ID but I fell asleep sadly.
  • PixieDustPixieDust Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    After 3.5 days of trying everything and not being able to access my game I’ve been in for 7 hours!! I’m so scared that it will crash again but so far so good - fingers crossed.

This is what I did:
    - I ensured I had all apps closed on my phone.
    - i turned my phone off and then on again. 
    - I deleted my app (I’ve never done this before so was panicking)
    - i reinstalled the app
    - It let me log into my game exactly where I had been kicked out on Tuesday!
    and I’ve been playing ever since.😃😃

....this was a risk and it may not work for you but I hope it does if you decide to try it.

im being overly cautious and am closing all the apps on my phone before I go back in and play again. And I’ll be doing this until the next update if I’m able to keep playing!! 

Hope you all get back in soon 
  • KaterinaKaterina Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    @PixieDust were you logged in through game center or facebook? 
    I communicate in memes
  • PixieDustPixieDust Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Katerina said:
    @PixieDust were you logged in through game center or facebook? 
    Oh I’m not sure. I guess Facebook as my game isn’t currently linked to game centre only Facebook. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    There is a known issue, iOS game are affected,  there is a thread marked Glitch Thread, Unble to Open after Update, I’m merging yoyr pist there.  If you read through, you’ll see Glu has posted They’re working on it, and there’s a possible Temporary fix having to do with closing any music apps on your device look up in to find Kalinda King’s post about it in this thread. Sorry you’re going through this it’s affecting a lot of players.  :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Diamond18Diamond18 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I wanna know who said the music app was the problem because it’s not. Some people haven’t even used the app in days
  • AnnYaAnnYa Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    My game still crashing 😭 i so love this weekend earnables. And so the SYS 😭😭 
  • deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    i finished a reality show gig and was waiting outside my home for energy to refill when the game crashed and now wont open. I was finally first place in my sys group too im actually gonna scream 😭
    Okay, I reset my phone. Uninstall my app. Then install it again. It worked but suddenly it crashed again? 😭😭😭 HELP!

Before my game crashes, I've finished already the 12hr challenge. I have 127 points already in the weekend event. And I'm on the top 5 in SYS. When I re-install it again. It says that I didn't finished my 12hrs challenge and Im back with 97 points. Idk what to do.

Platform: IOS v.14.0.1
    Device: Iphone 7+
    Level: 33 (as far as i remember)

PixieDust said:
    After 3.5 days of trying everything and not being able to access my game I’ve been in for 7 hours!! I’m so scared that it will crash again but so far so good - fingers crossed.

This is what I did:
    - I ensured I had all apps closed on my phone.
    - i turned my phone off and then on again. 
    - I deleted my app (I’ve never done this before so was panicking)
    - i reinstalled the app
    - It let me log into my game exactly where I had been kicked out on Tuesday!
    and I’ve been playing ever since.😃😃

....this was a risk and it may not work for you but I hope it does if you decide to try it.

im being overly cautious and am closing all the apps on my phone before I go back in and play again. And I’ll be doing this until the next update if I’m able to keep playing!! 

Hope you all get back in soon 
    this worked for me, thank you for posting!

Also, my game was logged in through game centre so I didn't lose any progress 
    I communicate in memes
    @AnnYa maybe send a ticket to support and tell them about this issue? is the last look you submitted before the game crashed appearing on your sys screen or is it like you never submitted it? 
    I communicate in memes
    I know I’m complaining a lot and I get that they are working on it but it seems like Glu doesn’t care if they aren’t fixing it fast enough especially if they are aiming for “next update” can’t believe I’m going to miss my first Halloween on my main account.
     pristineperson said:
    I know I’m complaining a lot and I get that they are working on it but it seems like Glu doesn’t care if they aren’t fixing it fast enough especially if they are aiming for “next update” can’t believe I’m going to miss my first Halloween on my main account.
    i dont think youre complaining a lot considering how serious the problem is, even though reinstalling fixed my app I'm still walking on eggshells (every time there's a pause in the game my heart drops) so I'm still following this thread and vouching for a quicker fix than next update for everyone whose game is still not working 
    I communicate in memes
  • NatalieKKHNatalieKKH Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Platform: Apple
    Device:  iPhone XS Max
    OS - v14.0.1
    Gender/Level- Femal, Level 29 

After my game updated, it would crash every time I tried to open it. I updated to iOS 14 and it would work as long as I closed all other apps, but today the game won’t load at all. :/ 
  • HelmiGumm112HelmiGumm112 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Dear Glu Team,

After the updating of the new version of Halloween 2020 why my game are always stop in loading screen and it close again and again? I don’t know how to solve the problem so i just reinstal the game and it working for sometime but after i close it i can’t open again my game :( 
  • SamanaKKHSamanaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,133 Posts
    Platform: apple 
    device: iPhone X 
    OS - version 14.0.1 
    Gender/ level- Female 61 
    the game has been working fine for me ever since this update but just this morning I was about to submit a look for sys when it crashed. now every time I try to open the game it crashes and it doesn’t show up as an app that I opened. I didn’t have any music apps open when it crashed 
    ✧ iOS user ✧
    Add me on Facebook here

• SmuckiesSmuckies Registered Users, Member 582 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Platform:   iOS 
    Device:  IPhone XS Max
    OS - 14.0.1
    Gender/Level.  Female  level 66

i never had a problem until the last hour. I have no music apps open. I was waiting to submit my last sys ticket and if I can’t get it in I will miss the earnable eyes. 😤😭 I also won’t get the last earnable item in the weekend event. I will PM @KalindaKing my ID. 
    iOS player since July 2014 
    I so badly wanna check and see if I can even try to get into my game but because I started my new one basically 2 days ago I’m afraid I will lose a little progress, so I have no idea what to do
    Katerina said:
    @AnnYa maybe send a ticket to support and tell them about this issue? is the last look you submitted before the game crashed appearing on your sys screen or is it like you never submitted it? 
    My game still crashes as of the moment. I already send a ticket to support and they just ask me if there is any changes on my level and also they were sorry for the glitch. My SYS is okay. It just that everytime Im doing a gig the game crashes. I don't know why 🤷🏻‍♀️
    edited October 2020
    @KalindaKing any update on when this issue will get fixed?
    Edit* I have not been able to access KKH since I updated the app almost a week ago 
    Why do I even bother 😒
    #OnStrikeUntilEveryPlayerGets20Videos #EqualTreatmentOfAllPlayers #GreedyAppDevelopersLoseMoney
  • rebeckakkhrebeckakkh Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    @KalindaKing any update on when this issue will get fixed?
    Edit* I have not been able to access KKH since I updated the app almost a week ago 
    Same here 😩
    edited October 2020
    @KalindaKing I have a few questions 
    1. I started sharing my iPad analytics with app developers, will that help resolve the issue quicker?
    2. If KKH users aren’t able to access their game until the next update, do we miss out on the free gifts & the diamond quest?
    3. For the people who weren’t able to participate in the weekend event & SYS, can we receive the items as a compensation? 🥺
    Edit* this includes all future events that KKH players might miss out on because of this issue 
    Why do I even bother 😒
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Platform:   iOS 
    Device:  IPhone SE 2020 2nd generation 
    iOS v14.0.1
    Gender/Level.  Female level 32

Details: since the update game loads and is playable but will crash. When trying to reopen after crash the game will open but will crash after loading screen. To access game after a crash I have to exit out of my other apps and then kkh loads and opens and is playable but will crash again. 
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠

This is how my app looks like 🤦🏻‍♀️ and sadly I didn't get the last weekend event and also the SYS. 🤷🏻‍♀️