How does SYS voting work?

amoamo Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
I'm curious, is there a thread that explores in detail how it works? I've looked in this forum and I can't find one.

I'm interested in the boring bits (because I find some of the instructions vague and confusing) and I'm also interested in improving my styling skills so I can (hopefully) get more votes from you all :)

That said, do the votes we get even correlate with the real votes players give? That's how confused I am by how it works. I saw one thread that said something about us getting sorted into groups.

Comments

• jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    @amo no one really knows how it works for sure. We know that 60 votes is the most you can get per look. Other than that, we don’t know much. We think you are against 1 doll for 20 rounds of voting, and this repeats 3 times (so in total, your look is going against 3 different dolls for a potential of 60 total points). Certain items score well in SYS.  Having an aura (the butterflies or doves for example) and a handheld (like a drink or purse) tend to increase scores. 
  • amoamo Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Ooh thanks @jhabs. That's really interesting. I can't quite get my head around it. I will let it percolate in my head and hopefully it will click.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I think auras seem to help for the "quick tap" voters who either do it to get rewards faster or are looking for a specific item (to buy for diamonds). The motion/activity of the aura draws more attention to your doll for someone who isn't that concerned with who they're voting for. 
  • amoamo Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    ooh that's an interesting theory @soundspretty.